Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,465 members, 7,808,651 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:55 PM

The List Of Arrested Corrupt Governors (after May 29th) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The List Of Arrested Corrupt Governors (after May 29th) (24695 Views)

Lives Of Former Governors After Office / Photos Of Arrested Boko Haram + Weapons Recovered By The Nigerian Troops / Picture Of Arrested Isis Leader On Way To Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

The List Of Arrested Corrupt Governors (after May 29th) by BigB11(m): 4:54pm On May 29, 2007
The list of arrested corrupt governors (after May 29th)

So far I do not have any names; I even doubt it if there will be any, but let's wait and see if the barking of the Fed Govt is legitimate or just a mere political performance.

Please, feel free to submit names as you discover them.
Re: The List Of Arrested Corrupt Governors (after May 29th) by Mariory(m): 5:05pm On May 29, 2007
Then this thread should be made a sticky for now, else it will vanish beneath other threads. Seun, you there?
Re: The List Of Arrested Corrupt Governors (after May 29th) by BigB11(m): 4:55pm On May 30, 2007
Day number: 1

I haven't heard of any successful arrest!
Re: The List Of Arrested Corrupt Governors (after May 29th) by Mamajama(m): 4:58pm On May 30, 2007
IBB will be the 1st man to be arrested.

grin grin grin grin
Re: The List Of Arrested Corrupt Governors (after May 29th) by kitaun(m): 5:16pm On May 30, 2007
@ODEKU

KEEP DREAMING . . . grin
grin grin
Re: The List Of Arrested Corrupt Governors (after May 29th) by McDoe(m): 5:54pm On May 30, 2007
The powers that be would have been advised to keep the peace. Making arrests will further heat up the polity. Therefore i don't foresee any arrest at least for now.
Re: The List Of Arrested Corrupt Governors (after May 29th) by BigB11(m): 5:58pm On May 30, 2007
Posted by Big b1:
So far I do not have any names; I even doubt it if there will be any

@McDoe:
I'm with you 100%
Re: The List Of Arrested Corrupt Governors (after May 29th) by Mamajama(m): 6:10pm On May 30, 2007
I disagree, there should be ZERO tolerance, going after the corrupt politician will send a clear message to the new elected officials of the commitment of this administration to prosecute culprits.
Re: The List Of Arrested Corrupt Governors (after May 29th) by Larufa(m): 6:19pm On May 30, 2007
MAMAJAMA:

IBB will be the 1st man to be arrested.

grin grin grin grin

What about OBJ, the former president of Nigeria that sold everything to his business fronts and  company :: FEMI OTEDOLA, ALIKO DANGOTE E.t.c.  and  TRANSCORP
Re: The List Of Arrested Corrupt Governors (after May 29th) by BigB11(m): 6:25pm On May 30, 2007
I wonder if it's OK to also probe former IG.

Because of Nigerian police Department dirty and corruption tradition or ritual ; I think it is a bigger challenge for any IG to stay clean.
I say, don't let us focus on just the governors, let's include other dirty officials.
Re: The List Of Arrested Corrupt Governors (after May 29th) by mazaje(m): 6:34pm On May 30, 2007
I seriously doubt if there will be any arrest, but it is too early to to say anything time will indeed tell.
Re: The List Of Arrested Corrupt Governors (after May 29th) by BigB11(m): 6:46pm On May 30, 2007
I think, they might arrest 1 or 2 scape-goats, just to send a message.
Re: The List Of Arrested Corrupt Governors (after May 29th) by AlRaheem(m): 8:33pm On May 30, 2007
ok
Re: The List Of Arrested Corrupt Governors (after May 29th) by MILITIA(f): 10:41pm On May 30, 2007
I think Y'ardua should start afresh and formulate his own policies towards alleviating the poor circumstances of the common Nigerian.  Not to use resources to witch hunt people that should have gone to jail 20 years ago.  He should not be responsible for cleaning OBJ's cowardly mess.  We need to move on not backwards.  Make a few scape goats in the first year of his term and others will sit up!
Re: The List Of Arrested Corrupt Governors (after May 29th) by BigB11(m): 11:03pm On May 30, 2007
Good point!

He should also negotiate with the corrupt officials to release some of the money they've stolen.
Re: The List Of Arrested Corrupt Governors (after May 29th) by McKren(m): 11:29pm On May 30, 2007
Audu Abubakar left office in 2003 but got arrested in 2006.
Re: The List Of Arrested Corrupt Governors (after May 29th) by MILITIA(f): 11:34pm On May 30, 2007
And what come out of the arrest?? Did it change 9ja in anyway Just witch hunting as usual. Waste of time and resources like I said, instead of moving 9ja forward.
Re: The List Of Arrested Corrupt Governors (after May 29th) by Nobody: 12:36am On May 31, 2007
MILITIA:

And what come out of the arrest?? Did it change Nigeria in anyway Just witch hunting as usual. Waste of time and resources like I said, instead of moving Nigeria forward.

We have been moving "forward" for 47 fruitless years! Where really is this "forward" or are we still busy formulating "strategies" to move "forward" at our mythical "drawing boards"?
Re: The List Of Arrested Corrupt Governors (after May 29th) by Seun(m): 12:37am On May 31, 2007
Those of us that are willing to work are moving forward individually. That's the only way to move forward, anyway.
Re: The List Of Arrested Corrupt Governors (after May 29th) by Nobody: 12:41am On May 31, 2007
Seun:

Those of us that are willing to work are moving forward individually. That's the only way to move forward, anyway.

the rate at which you move "forward" is dependent on other confounding factors such as the economy. A car cannot claim to be "moving forward individually" in the absence of gas.
Re: The List Of Arrested Corrupt Governors (after May 29th) by Mamajama(m): 12:47am On May 31, 2007
some people fail to realize how powerful some of this corrupt people are in Nigeria.  the untouchable class will never be shaken.  why are people like IBB , ABdulsalam still invited to council of state?  this guys to list a few will never be protected to their grave.  The only way to move Nigeria forward is to focus on housing, better road, and electricity. government should take on projects that will be beneficial to the public.
Re: The List Of Arrested Corrupt Governors (after May 29th) by Seun(m): 12:47am On May 31, 2007
You cannot force people to move forward if they don't want to move forward.
It's best to mind one's own business and move forward in ones own journey.

If you work hard and succeed, others will be motivated to emulate you, and everyone will move forward.
If you waste your time trying to carry people along, they will only pull you back.
Re: The List Of Arrested Corrupt Governors (after May 29th) by MILITIA(f): 12:49am On May 31, 2007
We can only keep trying till we get it right.  Do we just lay down in our graves and die?  Solutions and brain storming for our beloved country please.  We just might start changing for the better. We are already "six feet" under the ground so you can not keep beating someone who is already dead.  What we need now is resuscitative measures for Nigeria.  Nigeria don die finish.  It needs serious CPR! Everything that has a beginning has an end.  The choice is ours.  We cannot keep fighting ourselves over past looters.  They are individually getting their "just rewards".  Let us concentrate on empowering the average Nigerian. 

Once again, Education is the key! Nigerians are natural born "open eyes".  Give them power and you will never take it away again.  But we have to stop fighting ourselves first with "tribalism".  America is made up of all types of people and they can still stand today because not only are they educated about their rights but will not hesitate to die for that their country. Just shoot one gun for Nigeria, every one is under the bed without finding out if it is a burst balloon or fire cracker.  We love life too much no matter if it is the suffering and smiling type of life.  We need to think in terms of "we" not "i".  E go hard us oh!
Re: The List Of Arrested Corrupt Governors (after May 29th) by Mamajama(m): 12:51am On May 31, 2007
true seun and davidylan you of all people should know in this day of age you can move a car with electricity. hybrid cars, lol grin grin
Re: The List Of Arrested Corrupt Governors (after May 29th) by MILITIA(f): 1:08am On May 31, 2007
Yeah, you are right! Moving forward individually is also a good thing. That is why I choose not to live in 9ja. That is my contribution to move forward so I can learn from others who are at least trying to get it right even when not anywhere near perfect. It is better than allowing my family to retrogress in poverty. Famous words---Don't ask what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country! Since I sometimes question if 9ja is a country, I am not willing to make a hugh sacrifice. Sometimes I think 9ja is a geographical area without shape, form or substance. You only can point to it on the map of the world. But what it really is, no one knows. So I sometimes believe if you die for it, since it is not a country, you die in vain, America is a country. No death is ever wasted. You can be buried in the cemetary with past presidents to honour you, if you die in Iraq wen no concern you sef, and your family go get green card. Wetin 9ja go give you? undecided Solutions please.
Re: The List Of Arrested Corrupt Governors (after May 29th) by Sijien(m): 2:08am On May 31, 2007
Re: The List Of Arrested Corrupt Governors (after May 29th) by Nobody: 2:13am On May 31, 2007
MAMAJAMA:

true seun and davidylan you of all people should know in this day of age you can move a car with electricity. hybrid cars, lol grin grin

thank you for proving my point! grin The electricity others use to run their cars in the US is not even available for a housewife to iron her children's school uniform in nigeria. Thank God for Please Hold Candles Now.

ah what am i talking about, Mamajama must have invented cars that run on candles.
Re: The List Of Arrested Corrupt Governors (after May 29th) by BigB11(m): 2:53pm On May 31, 2007
Day number: 2

I haven't heard of any successful arrest!
Re: The List Of Arrested Corrupt Governors (after May 29th) by Mamajama(m): 2:58pm On May 31, 2007
Like I've said, no one will be arrested until the New president approve the action. their is a new sheriff in town. so for now everyone is free. I strongly think we should start on moving forward and stop going back to the same mistakes
Re: The List Of Arrested Corrupt Governors (after May 29th) by BigB11(m): 3:07pm On May 31, 2007
MAMAJAMA: You sound very concern!

Don't worry, IG will not be arrested, at least for now.
Re: The List Of Arrested Corrupt Governors (after May 29th) by prizeless(m): 3:12pm On May 31, 2007
hi all,
thanks so much of being part of the nigeria dream.PLs , lets stop all the criticising and concentrate on Nation building.Nigeria is all we have. We have to support the new administration.No one is going to blow our trumpet 4 us, we have to do it ourselves.The international community is not interested in our success thats why they are crying foul where there was not even a football match!!!

They know we are catching up, and will do anything to stop us.

Nigeria is ours and indeed NIGERIA RULES

Re: The List Of Arrested Corrupt Governors (after May 29th) by BigB11(m): 3:22pm On May 31, 2007
Thanks for your priceless wisdom.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

PDP Prays For Buhari’s Quick Recovery / Samuel Mariere Takes Farming As Hobby & As A Business / APC NEC: Why El-rufai, Akeredolu, Bello, Others Are Backing Oyegun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.