Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,980 members, 7,806,863 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:58 AM

How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry (48029 Views)

Prince Harry, Meghan Involved In 'near Catastrophic Chase' / Russia Confirms Moskva Ship Has Sunk After Reported Ukrainian Missile Strike / Royal Wedding 2018: Prince Harry To Wed Meghan Markle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by LewsTherin: 9:04am On Jan 20, 2020
Usually, I couldn't care less about the Royal Family. They fill in blank spaces on my news feed. But seeing the amount of shtick Harry and Meghan have been getting for wanting to move on without the burden of the Royal Family and all its accoutrements, I read up on a few stories and came across some massively biased reporting.

Not everything is as it seems, and everything is definitely coloured according to the reporter's bias. Yes, pun intended.

Check out some reports of Meghan doing the same thing as Kate and ask yourself why Harry is pissed.

29 Likes 10 Shares

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by LewsTherin: 9:05am On Jan 20, 2020
More.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by LewsTherin: 9:06am On Jan 20, 2020
More

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by TheSourcerer: 9:09am On Jan 20, 2020
Satan and Jesus sucks at battles
Ask God how they fight battles to destroy women and children
What a wonderful god we serve , what a wonderful God we serve hallelujah ,.....Bleep this

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by crackkhaus: 10:58am On Jan 20, 2020
LewsTherin:
More.
Surely you must realize that when people don't like you, it really won't matter if you're doing nothing wrong, they would still find a way to make you look bad.

The bias against Meghan was watered by none other but herself. You can see one of the articles you posted called her 'dictatorial', they may not be far from the truth.

I followed the whole ruckus leading up to their wedding in 2018 up until the wedding itself. You should not take my word for it though, you could make some findings on your own regarding just how much she tried to break almost every protocol regarding how the wedding should go.
A lot of things were changed/altered just to accommodate her preferences - from the flower choices, to the aisle leading up to the alter that was made wider because it's what she wanted, etc.. There was a lot more which I can't even recall off the top of my head.

Now no one is saying she couldn't have creative control over her own wedding, but when you marry into a monarchy that has a certain way of doing things in keeping with age-long traditions as old as her own ancestors, then she probably should have simmered down a little. She got what she wanted most of the time because the monarchy were happy enough to make Diana's little boy happy, but she took it too far and got used to it.
After the wedding, she kept trying to get them to do things her way and most of the time she would get it, but guess what, the British people only resented her for it because she was now effectually implying that their ways of doing things was not good enough for her, her own way was better...it wasn't just an emotional bride trying to make her wedding day perfect anymore, this was a woman who had no respect for the Monarchy and its ways. She confirmed what they already suspected and gave oxygen and water to the bias already working against her. And to make it worse, she was not even that big a celebrity in Hollywood in the first place.

This kind of resentment will obviously make them troll her at every given opportunity...no one holds a grudge more than the British.

If say, a single never divorced well brought-up Beyoncé (still black and American) was the one who married into the royal family, she may even get a softer landing than Meghan. If a Beyoncé DIL wanted the Queen MIL to dance single ladies inside Buckingham Palace, she may have gotten away with it, just because she is a Beyoncé. Get my point?

Meghan already had everything working against her from the start - previous failed marriage, dysfunctional family set-up, being biracial, and an American actress (not even an A-list, which may have been a plus). The least she could have done to warm her way into the hearts and minds of the British people, is to at least appear that she gave a shit about the way things are done.

I'm NOT sorry to type this, but I will because it is what it is:
Meghan did not do Windsor a favor by marrying Harry, Windsor in fact did her a favor by allowing her become a part of their family and she should have acted accordingly and not take a mile when given an inch.

It's what it is.

393 Likes 38 Shares

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by baby124: 11:06am On Jan 20, 2020
British are extremely racist and they set out to destroy that marriage before it started. Even William and his crayfish looking wife did not help matters. Then jealous staff who think they are better than Meghan always peddling useless gossip. I am happy for Harry and Meghan that they are forging their own path.

89 Likes 7 Shares

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by crackkhaus: 12:56am On Jan 21, 2020
baby124:
British are extremely racist and they set out to destroy that marriage before it started. Even William and his crayfish looking wife did not help matters. Then jealous staff who think they are better than Meghan always peddling useless gossip. I am happy for Harry and Meghan that they are forging their own path.
While some of you are busy forming happy on their behalf, the Prince says the opposite and expressed how he truly feels about the whole situation.

How you or anyone can be happy for someone who is deeply saddened, is beyond all human comprehension.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55OQ7aC7hW4

50 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by baby124: 1:20am On Jan 21, 2020
crackkhaus:

While some of you are busy forming happy on their behalf, the Prince says the opposite and expressed how he truly feels about the whole situation.

How you or anyone can be happy for someone who is deeply saddened, is beyond all human comprehension.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55OQ7aC7hW4
He has to say what he needs to say for the racist British public. He won’t make a decision that is not in his best interest. By the way, if I am happy for them how does that affect you? You are entitled to your own feelings about the situation too. I am very happy for them. I wish them the very best in their new life.

174 Likes 11 Shares

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by mysticgal(f): 1:26am On Jan 21, 2020
Sorry, but obviously she’s black.

Brits are known to be subtle racist, what do you expect.
I saw this same article on Reddit and the number of brits who cared less about the royal family and the number who did care but hated the black wife of Harry, was 1:99 undecided

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by Hotfreez: 1:27am On Jan 21, 2020
News0003:
Sevn you are awake

Person wey dey press lappy. E wan buy Benz this year.

3 Likes

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by eleojo23: 1:28am On Jan 21, 2020
The British will always try to feel superior while putting others down.

And Meghan seems to have the American superiority complex so she just can't get along with them.

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by Hotfreez: 1:28am On Jan 21, 2020
The British are racist and Meghan is a fool.

Meghan has had issues with her family, her father, her previous husband, his family, the British Press and the Royal family.

She is a destroyer, not a builder. She needs to marry someone like Ned Nwoko. grin

154 Likes 8 Shares

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by News0003: 1:28am On Jan 21, 2020
Hotfreez:

Person wey dey press lappy. E wan buy Benz this year.

Benz na small toy for the guy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by Nobody: 1:29am On Jan 21, 2020
I wonder how the Press will push you to break family ties.

These advanced people never stop to amaze me

7 Likes

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by jesmond3945: 1:29am On Jan 21, 2020
crackkhaus:

Surely you must realize that when people don't like you, it really won't matter if you're doing nothing wrong, they would still find a way to make you look bad.

The bias against Meghan was watered by none other but herself. You can see one of the articles you posted called her 'dictatorial', they may not be far from the truth.

I followed the whole ruckus leading up to their wedding in 2018 up until the wedding itself. You should not take my word for it though, you could make some findings on your own regarding just how much she tried to break almost every protocol regarding how the wedding should go.
A lot of things were changed/altered just to accommodate her preferences - from the flower choices, to the aisle leading up to the alter that was made wider because it's what she wanted, etc.. There was a lot more which I can't even recall off the top of my head.

Now no one is saying she couldn't have creative control over her own wedding, but when you marry into a monarchy that has a certain way of doing things in keeping with age-long traditions as old as her own ancestors, then she probably should have simmered down a little. She got what she wanted most of the time because the monarchy were happy enough to make Diana's little boy happy, but she took it too far and got used to it.
After the wedding, she kept trying to get them to do things her way and most of the time she would get it, but guess what, the British people only resented her for it because she was now effectually implying that their ways of doing things was not good enough for her, her own way was better...it wasn't just an emotional bride trying to make her wedding day perfect anymore, this was a woman who had no respect for the Monarchy and its ways. She confirmed what they already suspected and gave oxygen and water to the bias already working against her. And to make it worse, she was not even that big a celebrity in Hollywood in the first place.

This kind of resentment will obviously make them troll her at every given opportunity...no one holds a grudge more than the British.

If say, a single never divorced well brought-up Beyoncé (still black and American) was the one who married into the royal family, she may even get a softer landing than Meghan. If a Beyoncé DIL wanted the Queen MIL to dance single ladies inside Buckingham Palace, she may have gotten away with it, just because she is a Beyoncé. Get my point?

Meghan already had everything working against her from the start - previous failed marriage, dysfunctional family set-up, being biracial, and an American actress (not even an A-list, which may have been a plus). The least she could have done to warm her way into the hearts and minds of the British people, is to at least appear that she gave a shit about the way things are done.

I'm NOT sorry to type this, but I will because it is what it is:
Meghan did not do Windsor a favor by marrying Harry, Windsor in fact did her a favor by allowing her become a part of their family and she should have acted accordingly and not take a mile when given an inch.

It's what it is.
you can never do anything to please a british man, if he is biased against you.

48 Likes

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by Devops: 1:30am On Jan 21, 2020
There is nothing I hate than people dictating to others how to live their lives.
he is a grown ass Man. He knows what's best for him. And y'all should leave Meghan Markel alone pls.
Gaddamitt

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by Hotfreez: 1:31am On Jan 21, 2020
News0003:
Benz na small toy for the guy

Of course.
Person wey Buhari invite, e no go.

3 Likes

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by News0003: 1:33am On Jan 21, 2020
Hotfreez:

Of course.
Person wey Buhari invite, e no go.

You never can tell.

Bubu fit detain am.
The kain curse bubu don chop for nairaland too much

2 Likes

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by crackkhaus: 1:34am On Jan 21, 2020
baby124:

He has to say what he needs to say for the racist British public. He won’t make a decision that is not in his best interest. By the way, if I am happy for them how does that affect you? You are entitled to your own feelings about the situation too. I am very happy for them. I wish them the very best in their new life.
You mean you watched the video and your first sentence is that he has to say what he has to say.

You really could not see someone fighting to hold back his emotions.

Even after he said he expected to still be able to represent the Queen and still be associated with the military, but unfortunately it was not be possible, obviously because Queen Lizzy has basically ostracized them.

His own words, 'I am deeply saddened' ...and you are still trying to explain what exactly?

Nothing affects me by you being happy. Just called you out on your show of faux concern.
If you are happy for someone who admits he is sad.. Lol . Then it just means you have no empathy.

May God never let us or our loved ones be with women who will cut us off from family and be happy about it.

97 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by Hotfreez: 1:35am On Jan 21, 2020
News0003:
You never can tell.

Bubu fit detain am.
The kain curse bubu don chop for nairaland too much

Lol. No be that.
They invited leaders in tech to come see Buhari. Sevn no even do like say e see the invite.

I really respect Sevn for his impartiality in the midst of several provocations by the craze people and devils wey dey this Nairaland.

2 Likes

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by News0003: 1:36am On Jan 21, 2020
Hotfreez:

Lol. No be that.
They invited leaders in tech to come see Buhari. Sevn no even do like say e see the invite.

I really respect Sevn for his impartiality in the midst of several provocations by the craze people and devils wey dey this Nairaland.
Okay na
Na now I understand
Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by salford1: 1:36am On Jan 21, 2020
Thank you. They can now look for someone else to transfer their aggression to.
baby124:
I am glad they moved to the most Liberal country in the world. Oh Canada.

14 Likes

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by lovemoi2(f): 1:42am On Jan 21, 2020
Meanwhile Prince andrew the alleged pedophile is painted as a good support for the queen and uk
No be small thing

I laugh at their obvious racism

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by crackkhaus: 1:44am On Jan 21, 2020
jesmond3945:
you can never do anything to please a british man, if he is biased against you.
At least, trying to please them would have scored her some points.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by Edu3Again: 1:45am On Jan 21, 2020
The british people were simply racist to Megah.

Well now we have Megexit

https://twitter.com/C_Oranye/status/1219315002982707200

9 Likes

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by salford1: 1:47am On Jan 21, 2020
lovemoi2:
Meanwhile Prince andrew the alleged pedoiphile is painted as a good support for the queen and uk

I laugh at their obvious racism
Prince Andy the pedo was protected by the Royal family. Just look at how their tabloid is hailing him. Spits.

Prince Andy was sticking it in underage girls, and hanging out with a convicted pedo. Prince Andy brought way more shame to that family than anyone else and yet crickets crickets.

In addition, nude photos of Kate are fine, accusations of extramarital sex by William are fine, Andrew being an accused pedo is fine..but Harry and Meghan wanting privacy and offering to continue working ( for free) is wrong.

Behold, the future Queen of England.

62 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by gambia(m): 1:49am On Jan 21, 2020
Racism will never stop. undecided

4 Likes

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by Kendumazy(m): 1:54am On Jan 21, 2020
OK
Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by Parablesonmarble: 1:56am On Jan 21, 2020
Why should I care about what happens in the Royal family versus daughter-in-law soap opera. I'm far more concerned about the mess the Royal family and the British Empire caused me by joining Northern and Southern Nigeria together in an unholy, unacceptable and a total mismatch of a marriage. If they want peace inside that their Windsor or Burkingham, they should come and undo the harm they caused in Africa. Chikena. shocked

109 Likes 9 Shares

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by Kendollar696(m): 1:56am On Jan 21, 2020
let them say what ever they want.. Prince Harry will never choose their daughters!!!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by elektra(f): 2:03am On Jan 21, 2020
Why TF are you people still debating Meghan and Harry? Are they your family members?

A 35 year old married man decided to move out of his grandmother’s house and set up his own business. Why is this unfathomable to you lots?

Especially some Nigerian men. This matter has really pained them. They cant believe that a man like them will actually ‘leave and cleave’ like the holy book asked him to.

68 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

China Fires 'Aircraft-Karrier Killer' Missile In Warning To US / Oil Spill In Mauritius Turns Crystal Clear Indian Ocean Black (Photos) / Yahya Jammeh Flees As West African Troops Enter Gambia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.