Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,519 members, 7,808,893 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:51 PM

What Do You Dislike More About Your Parents? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Do You Dislike More About Your Parents? (5643 Views)

What Part Of Marriage Do You Dislike? / My Wife Speaks In Tongues And Also Prophecy In Tongue Too -but I Dislike It / What's The Best Advice Your Parents Ever Gave You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do You Dislike More About Your Parents? by Nobody: 8:27pm On Dec 07, 2010
Do not get me wrong, this topic is not in anyway indicating that I hate my parents. (I luv them to death)  But we all have something we dislike about our parents.
My mom annoyed the crap outta me today angry angry  that's where my inspiration is coming from for this topic lol.

I truly do not hate my parents, I just do not like some of their attitude and behaviours.

1) Nag oh lord the woman is God gifted. I am so scared of her nagging that I even dream of her nagging sometimes. No joke the other night she was shouting in my dream "ARE YOU STILL SLEEPING" and I got up sweating and frightened and it was just 3.00 am in the morning.

2) another  thing I really hate abt my parents (mom in-particular) is that she try to baby me all the time. She think I am still 5. Telling me what's good for me what's not.
the friends I should hang out with, bla bla bla the constant nagging is blocking my brain.

3) Elders are always right. Like WTF 
Re: What Do You Dislike More About Your Parents? by benincitys(f): 9:21pm On Dec 07, 2010
i dislike them reason when i was 18 almost 19 i was not allowed to go out no boyfriends no minis no jeans nothing sexy , they wanted the best for me i don't think so i would have love to be me, well i love them.
Re: What Do You Dislike More About Your Parents? by victorazy(m): 11:58am On Dec 08, 2010
she still beat me
Re: What Do You Dislike More About Your Parents? by pinkylady1(f): 12:02pm On Dec 08, 2010
for me its nagging, how i dread it especially from my mom.

really wish they could really understand me.

nnyways still love them
Re: What Do You Dislike More About Your Parents? by adexchamp(m): 12:02pm On Dec 08, 2010
Nothing in particular
Re: What Do You Dislike More About Your Parents? by seunbballo(m): 12:04pm On Dec 08, 2010
@rokiatu, ur mama see big gal like this and she still wan dey nag u anyhow, haba ur behind alone can kill any living man, loooool
No worry, u don't need to be afraid. Its life, once u have a mother, u'll forever look like a child to them.
Re: What Do You Dislike More About Your Parents? by Idboyostic(m): 12:10pm On Dec 08, 2010
sweet parents but my mother she nags alot and she is also caring d@ is the reasn why I luv her so much, sweet sweet sweet mother. if I nid sth 4rm them is she d@ I wil run 2 b4 my dad
Re: What Do You Dislike More About Your Parents? by spicyhoney(f): 12:11pm On Dec 08, 2010
I wouldn't trade them for another, love you both.
Re: What Do You Dislike More About Your Parents? by ifyalways(f): 12:26pm On Dec 08, 2010
There are 2 things i dislike abt my parents . . . They killed me with over-love.  kiss
1.Mum esp.gave and still gives me so much love but refuses to take as much as i wud have loved to give.
2.Mum loves church,bible and God toooo much.She hardly has time for anything else;Bible study,visitation,go-a-fishing,counseling,sunday school preparation,prayer band,prayer warriors etc.Dem build church for her head  cheesy

1 Like

Re: What Do You Dislike More About Your Parents? by freecocoa(f): 12:36pm On Dec 08, 2010
When my mum was alive,i dreaded her naggings and poke nosing in everything i did,wen i hang up the fone,she'll go who was that? when my siblings and i are talking,if she walks in 2 d room her first comment wil be what were u people talking about?inshort she wanted 2 know what u were doing at every point in time,if she was yelling at u and u said nothing,she'll go so am now a mumu,i can talk from now to eternity you dnt care abi?if you talk,she'll go,am now your mate abi?i don't blame you,you've grown bwest naw what else?(she loved the word abi)my mum was a character,she was so loving and kind and incredibly funny,most times you'd even laugh when she was nagging you(dat would be double wahala 4 u though),now i can give anything to have her nag me and poke nose in ma affairs.As for my dad what i dislike in him is that he's neat to a fault,when you finish sweeping,if he has the time he'll resweep it or ask you to do so(lil wonder the help was always sweeping),if you are washing his clothes and he's around,i pity you.I love my parents die.
Re: What Do You Dislike More About Your Parents? by olumee: 12:42pm On Dec 08, 2010
I dislike my parents because they are not as rich as IBB or Atiku. They ought to know that corruption is a tradition in NIGERIA
Re: What Do You Dislike More About Your Parents? by freecocoa(f): 1:07pm On Dec 08, 2010
@Ifyalways are you sure our mums aren't related?u just reminded me of something,my mum loved God and church to a fault,at times my siblings and i pretend to be ill just to avoid one fellowship or the orther,which doesn't always work cos she'll say just manage lets go,the lord will heal you faster there and if you insist that you can't she'll disconnect the elecronics in the house and go wiv the wires or she'll lock you outside till she gets back(this happens wen she thinks you are lying)which is usually the case.GOD I MISS THAT WOMAN.
Re: What Do You Dislike More About Your Parents? by francko(m): 1:09pm On Dec 08, 2010
I miss their nagging so much esp. now they're no more. cry cry
Re: What Do You Dislike More About Your Parents? by Woke4all(m): 1:14pm On Dec 08, 2010
francko:

I miss their nagging so much esp. now they're no more. cry cry
very sorry bout that.
olumee:

I dislike my parents because they are not as rich as IBB or Atiku. They ought to know that corruption is a tradition in NIGERIA
LWKMD
Re: What Do You Dislike More About Your Parents? by ifyalways(f): 1:20pm On Dec 08, 2010
freecocoa:

@Ifyalways are you sure our mums aren't related?u just reminded me of something,my mum loved God and church to a fault,at times my siblings and i pretend to be ill just to avoid one fellowship or the orther,which doesn't always work cos she'll say just manage lets go,the lord will heal you faster there and if you insist that you can't she'll disconnect the elecronics in the house and go wiv the wires or she'll lock you outside till she gets back(this happens wen she thinks you are lying)which is usually the case.GOD I MISS THAT WOMAN.
lmao
Faith of our mothers,amazing it is!.I cant however,pretend or deny the power of her over-church,over prayers,over fasting and over everything spiritual.
Re: What Do You Dislike More About Your Parents? by robby1(m): 1:25pm On Dec 08, 2010
Mehn where do i start?

Both parents would never accept that they are wrong when there is an argument with any of the kids so u are forced to submit to their point of view. The "we are always right" countenance they try to potray is really very annoying. kinda like "born to rule" mentality. . . . . .

Mum says the most embarrassing things around visitors and my friends and wouldnt stop. "Come and sit on my lap r_o_b_b_y, you know you are still my baby" [im 23 and a middle child!]

Dad's discussions always sound like scolding. . . which i have never really got used to.

There are loads more.
Re: What Do You Dislike More About Your Parents? by semid4lyfe(m): 1:26pm On Dec 08, 2010
What I dislike about my mum?. . .WTF! Nothing wey man pikin nor go read for this Nairaland sef. Na their una wisdom reach abi? shocked

Awon òmòde ti o l'eko. . .make all of una knock una heads for wall grin

Twats!
Re: What Do You Dislike More About Your Parents? by JOKYTECH(f): 1:47pm On Dec 08, 2010
eh eh, my mom and my dad, uh, there is no discussion that both of them are involved in that doesn't lead to quarrel. The painful thing is that they would want us ( the children) to be involved i.e to take side and to my dad, u must take side with him or else big trouble and if u dont interfer in this quarrel, it would result in a bigger one. (maybe my mum might get hurt or something very serious might happen) Sometimes the trouble is so intense that neighbours would even be hearing their voices. I always wonder where my wonderful mum met my terrible dad ( though we have always asked her sha). But the funniest thing is that they have been staying and quarrelling together now for 30years smiley smiley smiley
Re: What Do You Dislike More About Your Parents? by pinkrex(m): 2:00pm On Dec 08, 2010
It show how much they love us in a stupid way,
Re: What Do You Dislike More About Your Parents? by Whizzkido: 2:10pm On Dec 08, 2010
Lmao!funny posts!
Re: What Do You Dislike More About Your Parents? by asas(f): 2:21pm On Dec 08, 2010
hmmmm loads of things if ma mum feels u av offended she wld wake u up @ 3am in the morning and start tellin u abt how she gave birth to u + story of my life, even with fone call, wen we go for holiday u mite be outside the woman wld call u from were ever u r just to pass the remote control to her or her cup of tea which like 3secs away from her, my mum if u confide in her and beg her not to tell my dad hmmm forget it she tell everythin and for my dad once his eating all d secret is out , there so much i cant even remember
Re: What Do You Dislike More About Your Parents? by Nobody: 2:51pm On Dec 08, 2010
i love my mummy very much,but her over-protection sometimes get on my nerve, imagine,she nor go let grown up adult like me talk to my girlfriend for night call,always seizin my xtra cool lines every now and then, i don buy more dan 20 mtn xtracool line because of her, na wa oo, but mama na mama, so i cant stop lovin my sweet mama.
Re: What Do You Dislike More About Your Parents? by okeyxyz(m): 2:57pm On Dec 08, 2010
freecocoa:

When my mum was alive,i dreaded her naggings and poke nosing in everything i did,wen i hang up the fone,she'll go who was that? when my siblings and i are talking,if she walks in 2 d room her first comment wil be what were u people talking about?inshort she wanted 2 know what u were doing at every point in time,if she was yelling at u and u said nothing,she'll go so am now a mumu,i can talk from now to eternity you dnt care abi?if you talk,she'll go,am now your mate abi?i don't blame you,you've grown bwest naw what else?(she loved the word abi)my mum was a character,she was so loving and kind and incredibly funny,most times you'd even laugh when she was nagging you(dat would be double wahala 4 u though),now i can give anything to have her nag me and poke nose  in ma affairs.As for my dad what i dislike in him is that he's neat to a fault,when you finish sweeping,if he has the time he'll resweep it or ask you to do so(lil wonder the help was always sweeping),if you are washing his clothes and he's around,i pity you.I love my parents die.

grin grin grin
can't stop laughing @ ur mom.
As for ur dad? Aah, i cry 4 the house-help.
Re: What Do You Dislike More About Your Parents? by Tcrack(m): 3:05pm On Dec 08, 2010
my mum's "church" attitude makes me sick. instead of judging people rationaly, she considers everybody as brethren. i cant recall how much i have lost to her so called "brethren" (since we run a company together) some will borrow money and never repay, other will come with some funny proposals, extract some money and disappear.  she wont mind selling everything in the house if the church should demand it. sometimes i wish i could just knock some sense into her.
Re: What Do You Dislike More About Your Parents? by kehneah: 3:05pm On Dec 08, 2010
my parents, they dont like watching TV and because of that they refused to buy DSTV all the time i was in sec sch, gosh!! it was so frustrating c-ing ur next door neigbor watching all d TV  n u cant n i so much loved watchg, n God help u if u'r caught nxt door watchg TV
Re: What Do You Dislike More About Your Parents? by Mobinga: 3:07pm On Dec 08, 2010
Tcrack:

my mum's "church" attitude makes me sick. instead of judging people rationaly, she considers everybody as brethren. i cant recall how much i have lost to her so called "brethren" (since we run a company together) some will borrow money and never repay, other will come with some funny proposals, extract some money and disappear.  she wont mind selling everything in the house if the church should demand it. sometimes i wish i could just knock some sense into her.

Typical Nigerian Women! So blinded by false prophets
Re: What Do You Dislike More About Your Parents? by belamour(m): 3:08pm On Dec 08, 2010
Cant even pour out my mind,  I miss you mum, U shouldn't have left when i needed you to scold me
Re: What Do You Dislike More About Your Parents? by asas(f): 3:10pm On Dec 08, 2010
my dad the only thing he nos is offfice work , he cant boil water , my mum was sweepin d living room he couldnt move he told my mum to carry his legs up so she cud sweep were he was sitting,

one of ma holidays i went home my mum told me to make stew and fry it well as i was doin dat my dad came into d kitchen and poured the whole water in the kettle into d pot of stew and ran to meet my mum dat he has just finished cookin was so angry dat day
Re: What Do You Dislike More About Your Parents? by pinkylady1(f): 3:47pm On Dec 08, 2010
asas:

my dad the only thing he nos is offfice work , he cant boil water , my mum was sweepin d living room he couldnt move he told my mum to carry his legs up so she cud sweep were he was sitting,

one of ma holidays i went home my mum told me to make stew and fry it well as i was doin dat my dad came into d kitchen and poured the whole water in the kettle into d pot of stew and ran to meet my mum dat he has just finished cookin was so angry dat day

lol cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: What Do You Dislike More About Your Parents? by sessy2(f): 3:52pm On Dec 08, 2010
Everything i mean EVERYTHING
Re: What Do You Dislike More About Your Parents? by NnamdiN: 4:05pm On Dec 08, 2010
My mum is the best, she understands me like I'm her twin bro. My dad is quite the opposite, he doesn't understand me at all, it's always about what he wants and not what I want. Growing long nails, wahala wearing very big wrist watches, wahala, party, friends etc even the way I eat(I prefer lying down sometimes) he just wants to choose everything for me,
Re: What Do You Dislike More About Your Parents? by apoti(m): 4:09pm On Dec 08, 2010
olumee:

lmao grin. Pls don't let your children see this, cos I'm not sure you'll be as rich as IBB and Atiku

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Letter From An Unborn Child / Hand Dryer, Computer , AC, Ox Fan For Sale / What Rights Has Your Wife Over Your Mobile Handset Or Vice Versa?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.