Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,957 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:04 PM

Congratulations As Graham Poll Bow Out - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Congratulations As Graham Poll Bow Out (1906 Views)

Bolivia Bow Out Of Eagles Friendly / *~ Marutimon Voted Sports Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations! / Emeteole: Time Up!,tells Kanu To Bow Out Honourably. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Congratulations As Graham Poll Bow Out by Akolawole(m): 11:30pm On May 29, 2007
I am so happy this happen at last.

I am sure JM will be happy whereever he is.

We all see his performance against last Monday where Derby qualified for Premiership.

He is the same man.

Though Sir Alex described Mr Poll as the best referee in England cry

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/world_cup_2006/5108722.stm

http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_2119597,00.html

Re: Congratulations As Graham Poll Bow Out by rikkyjen(m): 11:45pm On May 29, 2007
Victory to the game of football!

Poll has gat to be one of the horrendous Ref in England. His flippy floppy, dilly dallying decisions has given undeserved victories to teams that lack the basic concepts of football.

He has made mediocre teams look average, ofcos Jose the Lip would be the happiest cos he detest Poll like crazy. Even though, Jose hates Poll, Jose benefited from Poll's stupidity a la Chelsea Vs United's game at Stamford Bridge.

Its high time, Poll-like referees need to be wielded of the game, imagine having that kind of 3 yellow card Farce in the biggest sporting mundial in the world
Re: Congratulations As Graham Poll Bow Out by mukina2: 4:34pm On May 30, 2007
Rikky if you hadnt mentioned that match grin grin

good riddance angry about time too more English referees need to step down angry

they are clogging the wheels of the game angry
Re: Congratulations As Graham Poll Bow Out by marlet01(m): 4:43pm On May 30, 2007
Actually, people see him as a controversial referee but i think he has tried so much in the game of footie.
We shouldn't crucify him for the error he did in the FWC @ least many referees if not all are not perfect though wat he did was really amazing, 3 yellow cards in a match shocked shocked

The EPL rate him as one of the finest referees in the country that's why he always officiate the big games and that has given him alot of fame.

He has tried as a coach and if he should bow out, it would be good for the game as well.
Re: Congratulations As Graham Poll Bow Out by kitaun(m): 4:45pm On May 30, 2007
when would Howard Webb bow out? angry cry
Re: Congratulations As Graham Poll Bow Out by Akolawole(m): 4:47pm On May 30, 2007
@Marlet01

No sir.

You need to see how Henry was ranting on him on the field of play in 2001 season.

In the world cup nko?

What happen last monday bw west Brom and Derby?

What of Henry's goal against Chelsea in Highbury?
Re: Congratulations As Graham Poll Bow Out by marlet01(m): 5:08pm On May 30, 2007
@ Akola

You see the goal in Highbury was a controversial goal "Agreed", but remember it was that kind of goal United scored @ lilles bossom and it was counted.

I agree there were alot of controversial games officiated by Poll but i bet you that he wasn't as bad as Maureen claims he was.

Before maureen came to the EPL, Poll has been in the game already though there was not much complain about him like we see now.

Like i said, He is controversial but he has tried as a referee, But thank God his case is different from that of "Andeas Frisk" wink
Re: Congratulations As Graham Poll Bow Out by kitaun(m): 5:40pm On May 30, 2007
where went my initial post?

Graham Poll was a very erratic Ref! he was a true reflection of how relatively poor the refereeing in the Prem was to the quality of the EPL cool
Re: Congratulations As Graham Poll Bow Out by Akolawole(m): 1:30am On May 31, 2007
marlet01:

You see the goal in Highbury was a controversial goal "Agreed", but remember it was that kind of goal United scored @ lilles bossom and it was counted.

1)I agree there were alot of controversial games officiated by Poll but i bet you that he wasn't as bad as Maureen claims he was.

2) Before maureen came to the EPL, Poll has been in the game already though there was not much complain about him like we see now.

3) Like i said, He is controversial but he has tried as a referee, But thank God his case is different from that of "Andeas Frisk" wink

1) he is bad and very bad. every single manager had at one point criticise him except Baba Alex

2) Go and look at Thiery Henry on the pitch in 2001, running after Poll.

3) Frisk is better but he was once hit by a stone in his last few matches.

According to JM, let the Players alone be the determinant of the result of the match NOT the Refereees.

Remember Wenger hardly complain but what happen in the just concluded season? He fought all the injustice on his way.
Re: Congratulations As Graham Poll Bow Out by somze(f): 1:36am On May 31, 2007
Graham was a terrible manure ref.

He has single handedly cost us a lot of games, most notably -
[list]
[li]2-1 loss to liverpool in the FA semis a season ago, where he gave a dubious freekick that led to the 1st goal and denied a clear header by JT that could have been our equaliser.[/li]
[li]The match we lost 2-1 to tottenham where he again disallowed a clear goal, blew a series of blunders and dubiously sent of JT[/li]
[/list]

If there's anything this season has taught me is that Graham Poll world cup error was not a Fluke. He can be that terrible a ref.
Re: Congratulations As Graham Poll Bow Out by manu4laif: 4:10pm On May 31, 2007
Graham Poll would go down as one of the most controversial refs. A ref does not need to be controversial if good.You can be well known yes, but not controversial.

For all Roy Keane's hardness Mr Poll contributed 9 of his 11 red cards in his Man U career.Na only am dey see.He announced he was quitting international football last year. . .as if FIFA would ever have allowed him handle a World Cup match after such a high profile blunder.

The guy thinks he's the best thing to happen to England.Thankfully only few share his view.

We need to see less of guys like this in the game.

I have never liked Graham Poll . Finally, he has made a right decision this time .

WAN UNITED grin grin grin
Re: Congratulations As Graham Poll Bow Out by marlet01(m): 5:30pm On May 31, 2007
It seems most people on this forum really see him as this "Bad" but the English press see him differently so as the EPL too. If they knew so well he was controversial (as y'all think) then why do they give him big matches to officiate?
Graham has been in the game and has been so much exposed to tournament almost more than all other English Refs that's why he was given so much opportunity to handle big matches in the EPL.

He has also been a regular figure at mudials and UCL's so that's why they feel he is exposed already.

From my point of view he is really Biased when officiating and tends to mean some teams, The pressure was too much on him that's why he just had to call it off.

Thanks.
Re: Congratulations As Graham Poll Bow Out by manu4laif: 5:56pm On May 31, 2007
@Martlett,
David James is a fantastic tender of the ball and actually kept for England for awhile. His high profile blunders will not make history accord him full respect.

I will liken Mr Poll to James. Just like Mr James, Mr Poll has made quite a few high profile blunders that cannot do his overall rating any good.

If the FA/Press see him as great that in itself does not make him great.He again showed his "greatness"  at the World Cup last year. What we saw the experts simply could not see. Until he showed everyone on the World stage.

In the refereeing world Poll could be cynically called Calamity Poll, much like his illustrious goalkeeper pal. grin grin grin
Re: Congratulations As Graham Poll Bow Out by marlet01(m): 6:08pm On May 31, 2007
@manu4laif

As u said "Calamity" grin hmmmmm! calamity or not, he has made his name already being the first ref to make such a blunder in the mudial. grin

Maybe that's why English Ref's aint so much in the FWC because they are alot of complaint about 'em.

Thanks.
Re: Congratulations As Graham Poll Bow Out by kitaun(m): 8:52pm On May 31, 2007
@Manu4laif

Well said . . .in this age where everyone applauds the greatness of Collina as one of the greatest, who would bat an eyelid if Poll shows up at his door? undecided cool
Re: Congratulations As Graham Poll Bow Out by chidichris(m): 3:38pm On Jun 01, 2007
he is such a monderful ref. in fact give him the best in england or even in the world but there is no better time to say bye than now.
he is funny. he has been tagged controversial and it has been affecting his performances.
as an english man, he has done the best.
his retirement is not marking the end of his problems but the begining as the league managers have express disappointments over his statement that referees were "losing the war" against badly behaved bosses.
the fa chairman had earlier on express his disappointment over his statement that the chairman did not support him.
maybe his controversies will continue outside the pitch.
the fa, the league managers and mourinho were not there in Germany when he gave 3 yellow cards that made him to quit international football.
it is my prayers that graham poll go with all the controversies in officiating.
Re: Congratulations As Graham Poll Bow Out by Akolawole(m): 5:26pm On Jun 01, 2007
Well, lets look at few pic jare

Re: Congratulations As Graham Poll Bow Out by Akolawole(m): 5:28pm On Jun 01, 2007
And this is what he says about JM yesterday:

Mourinho is a really great coach and away from the touchline a personable and nice man.

“How frustrating that he sinks lower than his dog’s belly when dealing with referees. Come on, Jose, next season show us some class.”

You dont deserve any respect Graham.
Re: Congratulations As Graham Poll Bow Out by chidichris(m): 11:19am On Jun 06, 2007
goodbye graham controversial poll.

(1) (Reply)

World Largest Stadium / Pogba Voted Best Player As France Win World Cup / Nneka Ogwumike Celebrates Her 25th Birthday Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.