Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,448 members, 7,808,600 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:05 PM

Improving NIPOST (The Nigerian Postal Service) - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Improving NIPOST (The Nigerian Postal Service) (2670 Views)

How Effective Is Nipost Postal Service. / Postal Codes Of Nigerian Cities / Postal Codes of Nigerian Cities? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Improving NIPOST (The Nigerian Postal Service) by godfadda6(m): 7:13pm On Jan 22, 2006
Postal System In Nigeria

i'm opportuned to work as a post man in NIPOST I am of the believe that the Nigerian Postal Service is been underutilized. Also the
government is not doing enough to encourage we the workers to put in our best. Also the perception of a post man a a potential thief has to be changed?

Who has any opinion on how to move NIPOST forward? Please reply.
Re: Improving NIPOST (The Nigerian Postal Service) by Seun(m): 9:52pm On Jan 23, 2006
Nice topic. If NIPOST can deliver packages more quickly than it does now, I will be very happy! Especially international packages.
Re: Improving NIPOST (The Nigerian Postal Service) by breeolan(f): 7:31am On Apr 05, 2007
godfadda6:

Postal System In Nigeria

i'm opportuned to work as a post man in NIPOST I am of the believe that the Nigerian Postal Service is been underutilized. Also the
government is not doing enough to encourage we the workers to put in our best. Also the perception of a post man a a potential thief has to be changed?

Who has any opinion on how to move NIPOST forward? Please reply.

well, i personally must confess dat i ad never been to a post office till late last year, and i must confess that it was one of the driest places i av ever been to, dry in the sense dat it feels dead, y would i want to post important documents, wen i can have them scanned to d recipients, y would i wanna risk misplacement wen i can have them safely delivered,

i do feel wat your talking about tho' but we can't keep living in d past, someone has to improve d standard of the post offices, if not very soon our children will thk a post office is some kinda musuem for old letters, and i wish u could get anoda job too, cos i dnt thk posting manually will survive in d nearest future(no hard feelingz)
Re: Improving NIPOST (The Nigerian Postal Service) by babasin(m): 6:39pm On Apr 06, 2007
1. all streets need to be documented and houses properly numbered.

2. Better training and exchange program for staff

3. Get dedicated management trainee

4. Remove chain of command nation-wide

5. No subvention from government: US / UK embassy get no money from their country. They use Nigerians visa application money to run the embassies.
Re: Improving NIPOST (The Nigerian Postal Service) by Kobojunkie: 7:44pm On Jan 27, 2008
I am working on a petition against NIPOST/EMS for the cases where people are asked to pay some extra money under the table to be able to pick up there packages/mail and I was wondering if any of you who have had issues of this kind with the company would like to sign my petition ?? I intend to submit it to the ICPC and also submit a copy to the EFCC. To Fight corruption in Nigeria , we the people need to get involved to some extent and this is a good way to get your complaint heard by the right authorities.

I myself have had to tolerate this for too long and since we already know that we have forces that are working to get things cleaned up now, it will be a good move to actually join the fight and let them know that we are behind them and at the same time get our voices heard. This is 2008, a year in which we can effect the crime situation in that country in a big way by simply taking advantage of what is being offered to us now to our advantage.

If you are interested please contact me at KoboJunkie@Gmail.com
Re: Improving NIPOST (The Nigerian Postal Service) by invisible2(m): 9:59pm On Jan 27, 2008
I have had cases where mails have been delayed to infinitum, all my AGM notice letters arrive late, making me miss the occesions, tell us how the public can help NIPOST perform better, or we will believe the rot in that place is as a result of incompetence of all the workers there.

If I become president by one slim chance, I will either privatize that place or sell it outright, so that private sector seriousness can enter into their blood.
Re: Improving NIPOST (The Nigerian Postal Service) by Kobojunkie: 11:42pm On Jan 27, 2008
We can all wish and pray that we become president some day to change things but what good will that do us when we can get change right now. Basically, I want to file a petition with the various authorities in Nigeria including the EFCC as well as with the courts in Nigeria.

What I intend to do is to get as many as 10,000 Signatures, since this problem is not just a lagos or kano only issue but affects Nigerians all over the country and companies and Nigerians around the world, to not only push it but also help push it up the petitions queue. I intend to not only go through the various agencies but as many organizations as I can with this but also through the Nigerian media until I see result in this this year or soonest. That is why I intend to start this month and work to the end of the year to see to it that at least we start some process going for this.

(1) (Reply)

Strike: Fg Agrees To Pay New Salary For Health Workers / Raw Honey Is Available For Sale / STOCKFISH Direct From Norway

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.