Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,905 members, 7,802,934 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:11 AM

Message To Egbe Omo Yoruba - E Gbe Ede Yin Laruge! - - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Message To Egbe Omo Yoruba - E Gbe Ede Yin Laruge! - (1691 Views)

Darapo Mo Egbe Omo Yoruba Atata (odua) Lori Fesibukuu? / Omo Yoruba, E Je Ka Ki Ara Wa Wipe 'E Ku Something' (Yoruba Greetings) / Celebrating Egbe Omo Yoruba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Message To Egbe Omo Yoruba - E Gbe Ede Yin Laruge! - by Nobody: 8:48am On Dec 08, 2010
A wonderful message that I believe a lot of Yoruba people need to heed to.
Our Language, our culture is our identity. Let's sing songs of praises in it, Let's write in it, Let's develop in it.
May God continue to bless us and our children to come. Amen.

[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfDqfEFHJVY?fs=1&hl=en_US[/flash]
Re: Message To Egbe Omo Yoruba - E Gbe Ede Yin Laruge! - by Nobody: 1:08am On Dec 11, 2010
beautiful!
Re: Message To Egbe Omo Yoruba - E Gbe Ede Yin Laruge! - by fstranger1: 1:19am On Dec 11, 2010
That is going to be impossible in this age of western domination

Until America tells us to develop our language, we will not

Dont forget that America and Britain decide how we live our life.

Just a quick question, would you go back to live in Nigeria, to help build the country?
Re: Message To Egbe Omo Yoruba - E Gbe Ede Yin Laruge! - by Nobody: 1:27am On Dec 11, 2010
fstranger1:

That is going to be impossible in this age of western domination

Until America tells us to develop our language, we will not

Dont forget that America and Britain decide how we live our life.

Just a quick question, would you go back to live in Nigeria, to help build the country?

hmm, even in this western age, I still prefer to speak my language. I seriously detest English, but that's what the world is all about.

My dear, we dont have to forget our language just because of western domination. Sadly, you're right.

Se o le so Yoruba?

USA is the dream to many, but not for me. Even with all the evil-suga-coated-with-comfort, I'm planning on going back to Ekiti someday. I dont know why, but I kinda loff the village life. To build up Nigeria? Ehrrrm, no. To build up Ekiti state, definitely grin
Re: Message To Egbe Omo Yoruba - E Gbe Ede Yin Laruge! - by oludashmi(f): 1:27pm On Dec 13, 2010
Ileke, ooto lo so smiley

(1) (Reply)

Ife Princes And Others Carpet Olugbo Of Ugbo, Oba Akinruntan, Over new video / What's Professor Umaru Shehu's Ethnicity? / How I Bought My Bride

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.