Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,509 members, 7,808,863 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:12 PM

Goodluck Jonathan: "I Dont Have Good Political Experience" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Goodluck Jonathan: "I Dont Have Good Political Experience" (5904 Views)

Patience Jonathan - I Didnt Undergo Any Surgery / Jonathan - I Can't Solve Nigeria's Problem Alone / Buhari To Jonathan: I Have Never Stolen Public Funds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Goodluck Jonathan: "I Dont Have Good Political Experience" by appletango: 12:53am On Dec 09, 2010
so the truth is out:

[size=14pt]"I was not chosen to be Vice President because I had good political experience, I did not. I'm not a politician. There were a lot more qualified people around to be Vice President.”[/size] - GOODLUCK JONATHAN - 2010

http://www.wikileaks.ch/cable/2010/02/10ABUJA215.html

this quote is gonna hurt you johnny boy  grin grin grin ;
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: "I Dont Have Good Political Experience" by Beaf: 1:00am On Dec 09, 2010
Is it? You must be a kid. That quote will be turned into gold by GEJ's supporters.
In the meantime, so called "experienced politicians" like Atiku have so sold everything in Nigeria that Shell could get transcripts of meetings with Ministers. Atiku's experience was also put into laundering [size=21pt]40 billion[/size] stolen from Nigeria, which the US Senate caught the thief doing.

There will be veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery juicy leaks on Atiku! grin grin grin grin
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: "I Dont Have Good Political Experience" by netotse(m): 1:09am On Dec 09, 2010
i'm with beaf on this. . .above quote shows sincerity, which is more than can be said for some people
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: "I Dont Have Good Political Experience" by appletango: 1:15am On Dec 09, 2010
eerrrrrrrrr NO. that's not what's going to happen. what's going to happen is that people are going to realise that instead of being the "new and fresh" face of nigerian politics, what we really have is a bumbling, mumbling , man who by his own admission is NOT THE RIGHT MAN FOR THE JOB. how can you have a man who has no experience in politics leading the world's largest black economy. the guy even admits that his not a politician or administrator. people are gonna have a loooooot of fun with this.  wink wink wink

[size=15pt]ITS A JOKE[/size]

the whole world can see it. check this out:

"The verdict is out on Jonathan and his previously [size=15pt]underwhelming personality and performance[/size] needs to keep us in the cautious lane" - Robin R. Sanders, US Ambassador to Nigeria

[size=25pt]"I was not chosen to be Vice President because I had good political experience, I did not."[/size] - GOODLUCK JONATHAN 2010
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: "I Dont Have Good Political Experience" by appletango: 1:18am On Dec 09, 2010
netotse:

i'm with beaf on this. . .above quote shows sincerity, which is more than can be said for some people

wrong. it shows stupidity and inexperience. i'd rather not have those as characteristics of the man leading my country.

if you want sincerity then watch oparh.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: "I Dont Have Good Political Experience" by DapoBear(m): 1:34am On Dec 09, 2010
I'm also with Beaf on this. That released transcript makes him look like a hero and patriot, imo.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: "I Dont Have Good Political Experience" by appletango: 1:41am On Dec 09, 2010
DapoBear:

I'm also with Beaf on this. That released transcript makes him look like a hero and patriot, imo.

it what way shape or form does this make him look like a hero and patriot?

because he's dumb? because he's inexperienced? because he was scared? because he was lonely? because he had no friends? because people were confusing him for a obj stooge? because he had reneged on his initial promise to only lead for 12 months? because the nasty western imperialists were completely "underwhelmed" by his ability and performance?

or what

please don't let sentiment get in the way of good judgment. the guy is clearly not fit and proper to lead a country as complex as nigeria.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: "I Dont Have Good Political Experience" by violent(m): 1:44am On Dec 09, 2010
I was just pointing out this gaffe in another thread.

we shouldn't be blinded by ludicrous sensations, if my surgeon told me he's not the best man for the job, i wouldn't let him perform a surgery on me simply because he's being honest.

Being honest is not enough, we want people who actually are the right fit for the job!
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: "I Dont Have Good Political Experience" by Beaf: 1:46am On Dec 09, 2010
violent:

I was just pointing out this gaffe in another thread.

we shouldn't be blinded by ludicrous sensations, if my surgeon told me he's not the best man for the job, i wouldn't let him perform a surgery on me simply because he's being honest.

Being honest is not enough, we want people who actually are the right fit for the job!

He needs to steal 40 billion and be caught by the US senate too or what?
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: "I Dont Have Good Political Experience" by appletango: 1:50am On Dec 09, 2010
Beaf:

He needs to steal 40 billion and be caught by the US senate too or what?

this thread has nothing to do with any other politicians. this is about GEJ and HIS OWN admission (as well as that of the US ambassador, I hasten to add) that he is not good enough to lead this country.

violent is right. it is the best man for the job. and by the sound of it GEJ has just ruled himself out of the running grin grin grin
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: "I Dont Have Good Political Experience" by Beaf: 1:58am On Dec 09, 2010
appletango:

this thread has nothing to do with any other politicians. this is about GEJ and HIS OWN admission (as well as that of the US ambassador, I hasten to add) that he is not good enough to lead this country.

violent is right. it is the best man for the job. and by the sound of it GEJ has just ruled himself out of the running grin grin grin

Is that a joke? The only people that can be compared against Jonathan are thieves like Atiku and Babangida. Jonathans answer shows him to be fresh, honest and sincere. Great guy!
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: "I Dont Have Good Political Experience" by appletango: 2:11am On Dec 09, 2010
Beaf:

Is that a joke? The only people that can be compared against Jonathan are thieves like Atiku and Babangida. Jonathans answer shows him to be fresh, honest and sincere.

i find it funny that you are still arguing his case when even your own man is saying things like:

[size=15pt]"There were a lot more qualified people around to be Vice President."[/size] - GOODLUCK JONATHAN - 2010

but seriously, give it up man; you are fighting a losing battle. if you were actually supporting a candidate from outside the PDP then i would at least appreciate this self-righteous, holier than thou stance of yours and i might even have a little respect for you; but all this rubbish about "fresh, honest and sincere" when describing a PDP politician - who has as dubious record as the best of them - is just sad and pathetic, and a little bit deranged may i add.

you do realise that you're the laughing stock of this board?
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: "I Dont Have Good Political Experience" by aljharem(m): 2:20am On Dec 09, 2010
Beaf:

Is that a joke? The only people that can be compared against Jonathan are thieves like Atiku and Babangida. Jonathans answer shows him to be fresh, honest and sincere. Great guy!

gbam but u have to understand that jonathan is just one part in recycled box(pdp)

i am tried of pdp

for jonathan to get peoples vote he needs to leave that party

Jonatan kamata ya bar jam'iyyar PDP
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: "I Dont Have Good Political Experience" by Gbawe: 11:27am On Dec 09, 2010
DapoBear:

Na wa OOOO !!! A man confesses he is not the best for a Job and that he was chosen ahead of others who are far more deserving and more competent yet you think this announcement makes him a hero? Unbiased Nigerians who see what must be seen can only make one conclusion; we are about to gain another Yar Adua or Shagari i.e incompetent and undeserving stooges who , once in power, allowed their godfathers and minions to do as they please to the detriment of Nigeria. Go and check the history books to note that Shagari and Yar Adua also spoke with "honesty" and "humility" . Where did their so-called "honesty" and "humility" , allied with their innate incompetence and unsuitability for office, get Nigeria ultimately ?
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: "I Dont Have Good Political Experience" by dozies: 12:15pm On Dec 09, 2010
Suffice GEJ to say; I am not a breed of Nigerian Politician in the likes of our senators and house of reps who steals tax payers money with impunity and claim that they are serving the masses. I am not and does not posess the qualification of a typical Nigerian politician who are characterised with dumb corrupt attribute.
I am only an Ordinary Nigerian found on the street by God and positioned to serve my people. period
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: "I Dont Have Good Political Experience" by member479760: 12:19pm On Dec 09, 2010
With the right institutions in place, no special experience is needed in order to head country like Nigeria. what is needed is experience energy workers.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: "I Dont Have Good Political Experience" by reindeer: 12:22pm On Dec 09, 2010
Well, i'm actually beginning to like him for this quote, . . .sincere!
In the end, if he's smart he can appoint those with good experience as aides.A good leader isnt always the best brainwise, all he needs is to be smart enough to appoint the right people and his work will be a lot easier.
Good luck to Goodluck!
Abeg who mention ATIKU?May Amadioha. . . . .
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: "I Dont Have Good Political Experience" by Nobody: 12:25pm On Dec 09, 2010
@Appletango

Was he right or wrong when he made that comment----boy he was, there were a lot of politicians who would have filled that post, he never campaigned to be a veepee, he was just content on going back to creek haven in Bayelsa, as faith would have it he got it, and he was right when he made that comment that he wasn't experienced enough to be a veepee as of then ( during the primaries), so what is wrong in admitting it, mind you from the conversation he was talking about the past during the primaries not at that moment when he was having the conversation with the diplomat.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: "I Dont Have Good Political Experience" by Kx: 12:28pm On Dec 09, 2010
Is this the only way GEJ knows how to campaign for himself shocked shocked shocked
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: "I Dont Have Good Political Experience" by daroz(m): 12:30pm On Dec 09, 2010
nakedall:

With the right institutions in place, no special experience is needed in order to head country like Nigeria. what is needed is experience energy workers.
dozies:

Suffice GEJ to say; I am not a breed of Nigerian Politician in the likes of our senators and house of reps who steals tax payers money with impunity and claim that they are serving the masses. I am not and does not posess the qualification of a typical Nigerian politician who are characterised with dumb corrupt attribute.
I am only an Ordinary Nigerian found on the street by God and positioned to serve my people. period
reindeer:

Well, i'm actually beginning to like him for this quote, . . .sincere!
In the end, if he's smart he can appoint those with good experience as aides.A good leader isnt always the best brainwise, all he needs is to be smart enough to appoint the right people and his work will be a lot easier.
Good luck to Goodluck!
Abeg who mention ATIKU?May Amadioha. . . . .

GBAM!!!
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: "I Dont Have Good Political Experience" by Nobody: 12:33pm On Dec 09, 2010
“I was not chosen to be Vice President because I had good political experience,” he said. “I did not. There were a lot more qualified people around to be Vice President, but that does not mean I am not my own man.” However, he said, with the changed circumstances, the AgP said that his sole focus is to leave a legacy of both electoral reform and credible elections, including changing the entire Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC)

@Appletango

wondering why you didn't include the remaining part of that statement especially the above bold part,
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: "I Dont Have Good Political Experience" by Zezyahoo: 12:33pm On Dec 09, 2010
Welldone @Dozies.

You did a very good job deciphering the actual meaning of what Mr president said.
@ appletango appears to be on a paid mission to discredit GEJ. Unfortunately for him, it has turned agaist him.
Look at him trying so hard to interprete GEJ message in a very negative way.

@appletango:He who God has raised, no man can put down.  the earlier you realise this the better for you.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: "I Dont Have Good Political Experience" by daroz(m): 12:39pm On Dec 09, 2010
babasoty:

@Appletango

wondering why you didn't include the remaining part of that statement especially the above bold part,
Zezyahoo:

Welldone @Dozies.

You did a very good job deciphering the actual meaning of what Mr president said.
@ appletango appears to be on a paid mission to discredit GEJ. Unfortunately for him, it has turned agaist him.
Look at him trying so hard to interprete GEJ message in a very negative way.

@appletango:He who God has raised, no man can put down. the earlier you realise this the better for you.

GBAM again and again. Infact I just wonder why some pple just choose to be agents of destruction. Shame to bad pple tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: "I Dont Have Good Political Experience" by greenish05: 12:48pm On Dec 09, 2010
what are all talking about peeps?As for me GEJ shouldnd need any political experience before he can rule this country, what do we mean by experience isnt that start from somewhere?is Atiku born  with his dubious experience?
We need someone to change this country this country for God sake not people that still had the experience on how they will lot our money and get away with it without prosecution,
Pls poeple dont get me wrong with my comment,i am not trying to support GEJ because we need someone that has confident and stand against what so call God Father.
GEJ is a Pushover and i dont think he can rule this country without being pushed by his God Father (OBJ), So people we all have to be wise with our Vote and make the right choice.We need to change this country all together.Dont say i am a politician we all have to make a change.It begins with you, Our vote is our power pls vote wisely no matter how small is the political party.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: "I Dont Have Good Political Experience" by dozies: 12:50pm On Dec 09, 2010
I am only an Ordinary Nigerian found on the street by God and positioned to serve my people.  period

SOMEDAY   JUST SOMEDAY IN THIS COUNTRY POLITICIANS WILL BE STIGMATISED. iT WILL BE A SHAME TO ADDRESS YOURSELF AS A POLITICIAN BECAUSE POLITICIANS WILL BE SYNONYMOUS TO THIEFS, CRIMINALS AND THE LIKES.

TODAY IF A POLITICIAN MAKES A PUBLIC DONATION WE ALL KNOW THAT HE IS ONLY GIVING A LITTLE OUT OF SO MUCH THAT HE HAS STOLEN. THEIR WEALTH ARE ILL- GOTTEN DIRTY AND BLOOD MONEY. THEY ARE THESAME IF NOT WORSE THAN DRUG BARRONS. LET THEM CONTINUE DAY SHALL TELL; aTIKU, bABANGIDA, oBASANJO, oDILI PETER, nNAMANI, jAMES iBORI, SERVING SPEAKERS AND SENATORS YOU ALL ARE SHAMELESS THIEVES IF YOU FEEL DIFFERENT DECLARE YOUR WEALTH PUBLICLY AND THE SOURCE.
PEOPLE LIKE ORJI UZOR KALU SHOULD NOT HAVE GONE INTO POLITICS IN THE FIRST PLACE BECAUSE THEY WERE ALREADY WEALTHY BUT GETTING INTO POLITICS, THEY ARE TODAY SMEARED WITH CORUPTION. WHILE PEOPLE LIKE ADENUGA WILL BE VERY SMART TO STAY CLEAR FROM POLITICS AT LEAST IN THE FRONTLINE.  
SOMEDAY NOBODY IN NIGERIA WILL WANT ASSOCIATE WITH THE FAMILIES OF POLITICIANS FOR FEAR OF BEING CONTAMINATED BECAUSE IF YOU ARE SEEN WITH THEM YOU MAY LABELLED A GOLD DIGGER OR AN APPRENTICE THIEF.  

SOOOORRRRRYYYY FOR YOU.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: "I Dont Have Good Political Experience" by Mkpotu(m): 1:11pm On Dec 09, 2010
As far as I am concerned, Jonathan should leave that place and ensure that this zoning thing is made stronger (eg by enshrining it into our constitution) so that these northerners will not deviate when they take over.

The fact is simple, some Jonathan apologies are now comparing Jonathan & IBB and equally calling Atiku all sorts of names but I still believe that Jonathan is still the cause of all these problems, this is because more credible people from the Northern extraction would have declared interest if Jonathan were not contesting. He would have used this his power of incumbency to support a credible candidate of his choice from the North & he (Jonathan) will silence IBB the way OBJ did then & whoever that will contest knows that it is for four(4) years whilst power rotates back to the South. But these heavy men IBB, Atiku, Gusau came out because they believe they have the muscles to fight it out with Jonathan financially, physically & otherwise.

Our democracy is still fragile & Nigeria has a lot of diversified interest groups & to cure the mischief, zoning is one of the antidotes that can temporarily cure the mischief!

Lets see how it goes, anyway!
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: "I Dont Have Good Political Experience" by dozies: 1:27pm On Dec 09, 2010
Armed robery is a dispicable act and in all sence condemned but in a away they are better than corrupt politicians;
How you may ask? Politicians steals peoples lives, soul and spirit;

Think of how many lives are lost due to poorly equipped Nigerian General Hospitals- If only Iyabo Obasanjo had done her job well, If only she has not displayed what is in her character, by stealing public fund meant for healthsystem improvement. We all seems to have forgotten dat but watch out God is still on the throne and not obasanjo.

If only Nigeria is half way industrialized by provission of basic foundational infrastructure for industrialization which are; stable power supply, good road, funtional railways, Primary industries, etc. Our educated youths would have found gainful employment and the spade of poverty, Kidnappings and associated crimes would have been reduced.

If only the money voted for power sector revival was judiciously utilized by obasanjo and his families the situation today would have been different.

Think about social security, education, unemployment and what it will cost to fix these problems but it does'nt matter to a typical Nigerian politician yet lives are lost, souls are destroyed and human spirits broken day in day out in our street in the midst plenty. I mean this country is blessed with sources of wealth but very few corrupt people are in control of this wealth meant for all.

I pray GEJ will read/ learn and avert the nemesis that will befall all these body, soul and spirit destroyers.

''The burden of leadership is truely enomous and the only way to excel through it is by open mindedness and selfless service you will reap the reward only after you have served''. There are no two ways about it. Behold absolute power corrupts stair clear from it.

Go through history Nelson Mandela in Africa, Gandi india and the likes the benefit is after service.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: "I Dont Have Good Political Experience" by Nobody: 1:31pm On Dec 09, 2010
As far as I am concerned, Jonathan should leave that place and ensure that this zoning thing is made stronger (eg by enshrining it into our constitution) so that these northerners will not deviate when they take over.

The fact is simple, some Jonathan apologies are now comparing Jonathan & IBB and equally calling Atiku all sorts of names but I still believe that Jonathan is still the cause of all these problems, this is because more credible people from the Northern extraction would have declared interest if Jonathan were not contesting. He would have used this his power of incumbency to support a credible candidate of his choice from the North & he (Jonathan) will silence IBB the way OBJ did then & whoever that will contest knows that it is for four(4) years whilst power rotates back to the South. But these heavy men IBB, Atiku, Gusau came out because they believe they have the muscles to fight it out with Jonathan financially, physically & otherwise.

Our democracy is still fragile & Nigeria has a lot of diversified interest groups & to cure the mischief, zoning is one of the antidotes that can temporarily cure the mischief!

Lets see how it goes, anyway!

I quite disagree with you, even if it is zoned the moneybags and criminals like IBB and Atiku would surely hijack the position leaving out the genuine guys who could create a change from the zone, and zoning promotes mediocrity, we should allow the best man whether he is efik, kanuri, nupe, isan rule us, if you even zone the presidency or anything then i think the minorities would never have a shot at it, who the cap fits should wear it.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: "I Dont Have Good Political Experience" by 1025: 1:39pm On Dec 09, 2010
"I was not chosen to be Vice President because I had good political experience, I did not. I'm not a politician. There were a lot more qualified people around to be Vice President.” - GOODLUCK JONATHAN - 2010

to me, this is an incomplete statement. if u were not choosen for ur experience, why were u choosen? it is important both those supporting jonathan and those who are not know why jonathan was choosen.

again, who choose jonathan? it is 1000% clear and acceptable that nigerians did not choose jonathan and yar adua rather obj did.

until we know why he obj choose u, u will not earn my support.
please tell those who choose u to provide those missing ddc machines before God will punish them.
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: "I Dont Have Good Political Experience" by Ericology(m): 1:46pm On Dec 09, 2010
Beaf:

Is it? You must be a kid. That quote will be turned into gold by GEJ's supporters.
In the meantime, so called "experienced politicians" like Atiku have so sold everything in Nigeria that Shell could get transcripts of meetings with Ministers. Atiku's experience was also put into laundering [size=21pt]40 billion[/size] stolen from Nigeria, which the US Senate caught the thief doing.

There will be veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeery juicy leaks on Atiku! grin grin grin grin

I see u as one of the handful of smart guys here, but whenever an issue concerning GEJ comes out, u turn 360 degrees and become DUMB
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: "I Dont Have Good Political Experience" by samie4jj: 1:50pm On Dec 09, 2010
I AM THE BEST MAN FOR THE JOB. EXPERIENCED, NOT HONEST AND NOT A THIEF.
HOW IS THAT? wink wink wink wink grin grin grin
Re: Goodluck Jonathan: "I Dont Have Good Political Experience" by bisiaet: 2:15pm On Dec 09, 2010
Please what is the big deal in what GEJ as said he has spoken in an honest mind but that does not mean he is a coward or a looser far from it. This man GEJ as displayed in many many ways that he is a true man and not desperate for power but get where he is today by divine arrangement that was what he is trying to say. So to me I dont see anything wrong in what he said I stand by it no more regional, political or etnics politics anylonger whoever feel unhappy about it can do his worst this is time for change let all this old f o o l s leave our generation alone we are tire of wrinkle old faces as our leader they are non-preformer.

He is not experience he was 
Deputy Governor GEJ

He is not experience he beacme
Governor GEJ

He is not experience he became
Vice President (GEJ)

He is not experience he became
The President (GEJ)

And still people bent on saying he is not experience, please what is the meaning of experience? Is it when some has 1000 yrs of rubbish is called expereince?

Atiku is experience so what has his experience done for Nigeria? Looting and corruuption

IBB is expereince isnit? what has his experience done  for Nigeria Looting, corruption, maradonic, failure, one step forward 1000 steps backward is that the experience people are talking about, it is a sorry case for Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Acn Versus Mimiko In Ondo State / Dickson Approves Death Penalty For Kidnappers In Bayelsa / Breaking: Ihedioha Wins Governorship, Defeats Okorocha, Uche Nwosu. See Full Res

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.