Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,202 members, 7,807,683 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:21 PM

'I Borrowed Trousers to Attend Auditions' - Denrele Edun - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 'I Borrowed Trousers to Attend Auditions' - Denrele Edun (31739 Views)

Denrele Edun At His Matriculation In UNILAG In 1998: Throwback Photos / Wizkid's Shirt And Trousers To #WizkidTheConcert Cost ₦1.3 Million & ₦350,000 / D'banj rocks N260,000k Gucci Trousers To #kingdoncome Premiere (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

'I Borrowed Trousers to Attend Auditions' - Denrele Edun by Nobody: 9:14pm On Jan 24, 2020
From Being a Primary School Teacher to a Rejected Model and Now a World Famous Personality

He calls himself a BITCH: Boy In Total Control of Himself and that he had always been since the late 90s. I can boldly say Denrele Edun was one the the Big Boys of that era who started and made crazy jean trend. He would redesign his trousers and even cut open a normal trousers, so even when he repeats it up to 10 times you won't notice cause he keeps redesigning them.

The Hustle was real....He joined his mother (who rose through the ranks to become the proprietress and taught French and German) after secondary school as a teacher at Kiddies Kollege Nursery and and Primary School, Akinwunmi Str, Alagomeji, Lagos (premises now sold to and occupied by a church). He was a diciplined teacher, would mark and flog with his left hands having long nails; he also uses his left hand to weave his hair. The Hustle slowly, gradually and eventually paid off and hence he relocated from his apartment in Bornu Way, Alagomeji, Lagos to Osapa-London, Lekki.

He neither Smokes nor drinks and has great love for children, on one school party, he took the pupils out to NTA 10 back then; he always had that positive vibe and energy. He also acted in the popular campus drama in the early 2000s- 'Twilight Zone'; in pidgin people call it - 'shake body' (whether you like am, whether you no like an, the thing be say you go sleep dey shake body).

Denrele Edun's Touching Narrative.....

I borrowed pants to attend auditions so much so that the entire Alagomeji area in Yaba assumed I was the one lending the real owner. Shout out to the real owner @omonlawaptv of waptv channel who lived on Bornu way (few houses from mine) and never complained when I eventually made the jeans mine: I even added the decaying parts of my old denim to this jeans so that it would look different every time. I was nicknamed "18 ko ni aso" in the hood.

On my his first ever modeling shot...
I had developed a knack for appearing at fashion designer's showrooms and their houses to present my pictures and my overwhelming personality. Despite the disgusted looks from passers by, I walked with my defiant confidence to the local bus-stop to board a 'molue' that will take mefrom one to another designer's showroom. I got to a designer's house and saw a cluster of top models. They all burst into laughter when I walked past but then, who cared? Sighting a familiar face, I ran up to her and was told fittings had begun. In my usual bravado, I saw the designer and walked up to him. Moment I introduced myself and my intentions, he stared me down and asked, "are you a refugee?". "No sir, but I'm a model with a unique look who will love to walk for you", I threw back confidently. He looked me up and down and said, "you can never walk on my runway, you look like a malnourished Somalia Refugee.

With all the bravado I could muster, I waited for an agonizing 12 hours. I was scared to go get something to eat cos I didn't want to miss his entrance. At about 11 pm, he strolled in with some other models. They obviously had finished a shoot and seemed to be in a light mood. I walked up to him. This time, he lost his cool. But that didn't stop me from walking his show weeks after.

He refused to pay me and not only was I stranded but had to walk from V.I to Yaba where vigilantes made me frog jump on the express.
The Designer? We are friends till date! Denrele get clean mind!

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'I Borrowed Trousers to Attend Auditions' - Denrele Edun by Nobody: 9:14pm On Jan 24, 2020
Contd....

I once auditioned for the debut edition of the St Moritz style selection fashion show and when it was my turn to walk in and face the panel, they burst into animated laughter. Stupefied but not showing it, I joined in not realising I was the joke of the century!. There was this other designer who the moment he sighted me walking into his compound, told the other models in a snickering tone, "we can't have that gay she-boy on our runway. One other designer would send me on endless errands in a bid to walk his show, but when it was showtime, I was sent to the audience to sit and watch!.

Finally, one designer took a chance on me after endless rejections! Kese Jabari and his amazing Wife. My first shoot with Kese was a disaster but it later turned out good. I recall a certain male super model , jude who was outrightly nasty to me from the get go! - "Guy shift from here. These clothes aren't your size. Dunno what you are doing here sef. Move before I wooze you". Omo the guy humbled me! don't wanna talk back cos I didn't wanna ruin my chances but I recall Linda Ikeji, Meg Alabi and Biola Boris standing for me.
But it was my turn to finally shine! Kese brought clothes my size and my pics made it into every publication...then the commercials and billboards came.

I was getting negative criticism. My lecturers would walk me out of class. They used to bug me everyday. In the school magazines, people will write all sort of things like Denrele is a useless boy; at times I could stand at the bus stop in front of Education in Unilag, people will just park their cars and start insulting me like eight times a day.

When we started soundcity, we started with red carpet and when you want to interview people they just snob you but now they beg for you to interview them.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'I Borrowed Trousers to Attend Auditions' - Denrele Edun by StarUp: 9:18pm On Jan 24, 2020
This guy still has some knots yet to be properly screwed "upstairs"...

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'I Borrowed Trousers to Attend Auditions' - Denrele Edun by Enwhen(m): 9:30pm On Jan 24, 2020
Macsjebs:
Contd....

I once auditioned for the debut edition of the St Moritz style selection fashion show and when it was my turn to walk in and face the panel, they burst into animated laughter. Stupefied but not showing it, I joined in not realising I was the joke of the century!. There was this other designer who the moment he sighted me walking into his compound, told the other models in a snickering tone, "we can't have that gay she-boy on our runway. One other designer would send me on endless errands in a bid to walk his show, but when it was showtime, I was sent to the audience to sit and watch!.

Finally, one designer took a chance on me after endless rejections! Kese Jabari and his amazing Wife. My first shoot with Kese was a disaster but it later turned out

IG: @denrele_edun
@the_calculator1

BELIKE U TOO WAN MAD KO ??

OYA STARTS NOW , NA ROPE WE GO USE FOR U...NA BECAUSE WE NEVER CATCH THAT MUMU BROTHER WEY NO GET SENSE CALLED BOBRISKI IN AGEGE ...NA AGEGE WE GO CURE ALL OF UNA MADNESS LAS LAS

1 Like

Re: 'I Borrowed Trousers to Attend Auditions' - Denrele Edun by Nobody: 8:16am On Jan 25, 2020
Re: 'I Borrowed Trousers to Attend Auditions' - Denrele Edun by Thazard(m): 8:24am On Jan 25, 2020
Teen Madness
Re: 'I Borrowed Trousers to Attend Auditions' - Denrele Edun by phransix2: 10:05am On Jan 25, 2020
Bobrisky has taken the shine off this one...

58 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'I Borrowed Trousers to Attend Auditions' - Denrele Edun by iamawara(m): 10:05am On Jan 25, 2020
Gaybriel...

2 Likes

Re: 'I Borrowed Trousers to Attend Auditions' - Denrele Edun by INTEGRITYA1(m): 10:06am On Jan 25, 2020
Nice
Re: 'I Borrowed Trousers to Attend Auditions' - Denrele Edun by NwaAmaikpe: 10:06am On Jan 25, 2020
shocked

I fell in love with this dude the first time I saw him model for Kese Jabari.
Innocent yet sassy.
Naive yet awkwardly confident.

I knew he didn't fit in.
A world where everyone conforms is a shitty world.

Too bad his best years may be almost over.
He should have stuck back in South Africa, who knows he may have been an MTV Teen Choice Awards or even a Grammy Awards host by now.

Maybe he is contented with the Headies and that is a shame.

93 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 'I Borrowed Trousers to Attend Auditions' - Denrele Edun by Nobody: 10:06am On Jan 25, 2020
Legit hustle!

Hustle oo, so that you won't be asking your mates if you can see like 5k there!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'I Borrowed Trousers to Attend Auditions' - Denrele Edun by Nobody: 10:06am On Jan 25, 2020

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'I Borrowed Trousers to Attend Auditions' - Denrele Edun by TallPck1(m): 10:06am On Jan 25, 2020
How time flies? I remember this guy with basket mouth then for that T.V program, Twilight Zone. One of my favourite program growing up!

After Bob risky came, the rest was history

Nothing last forever, I know he made some money and was able to utilize it too.

I've this mifi MTN 4G network unlocked to work with all sim except smile.

Lagos call. +234 815 532 5936

9 Likes

Re: 'I Borrowed Trousers to Attend Auditions' - Denrele Edun by lifestyle1(m): 10:06am On Jan 25, 2020
Bobrisky spoil market for this dude...

Nothing last forever!!!

Whatever you do, be good at it.

wink

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'I Borrowed Trousers to Attend Auditions' - Denrele Edun by imolile: 10:07am On Jan 25, 2020
D
Re: 'I Borrowed Trousers to Attend Auditions' - Denrele Edun by Stephendeals: 10:07am On Jan 25, 2020
shocked

He carved a niche for himself, it is a difficult world where everyone get criticized. So it more difficult to be a non-conformer but he did good for himself, though it seems the good ol' days are slowly fading away.

The world needs non-conformer and "weirdos" else this will be one big boring prison!

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'I Borrowed Trousers to Attend Auditions' - Denrele Edun by babamadiba(m): 10:07am On Jan 25, 2020
Long story bros, risky ti take over!

8 Likes

Re: 'I Borrowed Trousers to Attend Auditions' - Denrele Edun by Hotzone(m): 10:07am On Jan 25, 2020
Who be ris?
Re: 'I Borrowed Trousers to Attend Auditions' - Denrele Edun by Nobody: 10:08am On Jan 25, 2020
You really think I'm gonna read all dis epistle all because of Derele Edun. Who cares?

19 Likes

Re: 'I Borrowed Trousers to Attend Auditions' - Denrele Edun by Ogilinsaka: 10:08am On Jan 25, 2020
Abeg go and sit down Bobrisky has taken your shine..

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'I Borrowed Trousers to Attend Auditions' - Denrele Edun by tropaz(m): 10:08am On Jan 25, 2020

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'I Borrowed Trousers to Attend Auditions' - Denrele Edun by Fucklove(m): 10:09am On Jan 25, 2020
Bobrisky Twin
Re: 'I Borrowed Trousers to Attend Auditions' - Denrele Edun by Perfecttouchade: 10:09am On Jan 25, 2020
Sheweyrey as he always call himself
Re: 'I Borrowed Trousers to Attend Auditions' - Denrele Edun by finnestdope(m): 10:10am On Jan 25, 2020
Is he normal?

Just asking

Meanwhile, matter wey dey sup now be say, one guy tell im friends say make dem arrange olosho for am wey go stay with am for 3 days as im wan enter im guy's school.

Naso Dem arrange olosho for the guy, na there casalla burst. E come be say the olosho na the guy sister

Real matters

6 Likes

Re: 'I Borrowed Trousers to Attend Auditions' - Denrele Edun by BrickDevo: 10:10am On Jan 25, 2020
Journey to madness, you mean op?
Re: 'I Borrowed Trousers to Attend Auditions' - Denrele Edun by Enemyofpeace: 10:10am On Jan 25, 2020
Uninspiring rubbish

2 Likes

Re: 'I Borrowed Trousers to Attend Auditions' - Denrele Edun by KmniAutos(m): 10:11am On Jan 25, 2020
A lot of comments up here simply shows that an average Nigerian can be very stupid,halfwitted,bitter,unreasonable and very myopic,I can imagine how they are comfortable typing trash from their empty skulls and reasoning from their drenched evil mind.

This is 2020,do people still kill their selves on other people's life styles?.

Take it or leave it,he rose to fame as a fashionista with a crazy dress sense

Tufiakwa ! to hypocrites lipsrsealed

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 'I Borrowed Trousers to Attend Auditions' - Denrele Edun by kikiwendy(f): 10:11am On Jan 25, 2020
Denrele and his weird dress sense

1 Like

Re: 'I Borrowed Trousers to Attend Auditions' - Denrele Edun by AntiWailer: 10:12am On Jan 25, 2020
Lol. Which fame ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'I Borrowed Trousers to Attend Auditions' - Denrele Edun by money121(m): 10:13am On Jan 25, 2020
Motivational speaker

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Hook A Man This Christmas – Toke Makinwa / Richard Nnadi Calls Out Bbnaija Stars, Musicians As Escape Club Is Shut Down / 8 Nigerian Celebrities And The American Stars They Resemble [photos]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.