Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,847 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:21 AM

Kunu And Zobo Drinks - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Kunu And Zobo Drinks (21545 Views)

Can Pregnant Woman Drink Zobo Drink????? / How To Make Kunu / Kunu - Tell Me Everything You Know About It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kunu And Zobo Drinks by Amarao(f): 4:42pm On May 30, 2007
Please can anyone give me a recipe for Kunu and Zobo drinks . I want to learn how to make them

Thanks
Re: Kunu And Zobo Drinks by IREAYO: 11:06am On Jun 28, 2007
Pls explain it for her about Kunu and Zobo.
Re: Kunu And Zobo Drinks by Nobody: 9:17pm On Jul 07, 2007
i dont know the recipe for kunu but i know that of zobo.Zobo leaves,Alligator Pepper seeds,ginger,garlic very little,flavouring,sugar,kanafuru its usd for tapioca and pepper soup blackish in colour and of course water
Re: Kunu And Zobo Drinks by MP007(m): 7:21am On Jul 08, 2007
Omg , i dey usa, don te wey i drink zobo and kunu , help me 2,
Re: Kunu And Zobo Drinks by jjuummaaii(f): 10:53pm On Jul 16, 2007
Zoborodo drink AKA zobo

Recipe
dried zobo leaves
ginger
aligator pepper seeds, very optional
sugar, optional
flavours
sweetners, , to replace sugar
Garlic, , ;, ;, very optional
lime or lemon juice, optional
pineapple peels or juice

Method
grind or grate the ginger and garlic
rinse the zobo leaves properly to get rid of sand and partcles
add water cold or boiling and allow to boil
u may also add the seeds, the pineapple peels and the lemon rinds
allow to boil for over 20mins
then bring down and sieve with a fine sieve to remove residue
add sugar when still hot and stir properly or better still make the sugar into a syrup by boiling it with water before u add.
u may also replace sugar with sweetners such as NUTRI C, FoSTER CLARKS or JOLLY JUICE. this sweetners are better than sugar cause they have natural taste and flavour and are just as sweet.
u may also add different types of flavours like strawberry, pineapple,apple, orange and anyother flavour used in baking

pls remember to serve it CHILLED

this is the way i make my own ZOBORODO.
Re: Kunu And Zobo Drinks by TOYOSI20(f): 7:45am On Jan 04, 2009
I prefer Zobo jare, wouldnt want to get high off of Kunu grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Kunu And Zobo Drinks by finiky: 2:55pm On Jan 18, 2009
Both of them are good northern delicacies.

www.eat-clean-dietnow..com
Re: Kunu And Zobo Drinks by Afam4eva(m): 5:00pm On Jan 18, 2009
I don't know how to make this drink, but i loved it like mad while in secondary school.
Re: Kunu And Zobo Drinks by VENUSS(f): 9:37pm On Jan 21, 2009
KUNU
RECIPE
CORN
MILLET[GERO]
GINGER
ALLIGATOR PEPPER/KANUFARI]
SWEET POTATOES OPTIONAL
PREP METHOD
WASH GRAINS,REMOVE DIRT'S, SOAK FOR LEAST TWO DAYS ,GRIND TO A SMOOTH PASTE.
DIVIDE THE PASTE INTO TWO; 1. LITTLE THE OTHER MUCH.
BRING WATER TO A BOIL AND POUR INTO THE PLENTY PART THEN STIR, POUR THE OTHER PART INTO IT NOW. THE REASON FOR THIS IS, IF THE OTHER PART IS TO COOKED U WONT GET YOUR KUNU THE WAY ITS MOUTH TO BE. AFTER MIXIN ALL TOGETHER POUND THE RAW POTATOES AND POUR INSIDE. LEAVE TO COLD. IT BECOMES WATERY SEIVE IN A FINE CLEAN CLOTH. SERVE CHILL.

I DONT KNOW THE REASON FOR SWEET POTATOES BUT I SURE NO ITS SWEET WITH IT. HOPE U FIND THIS HELPFUL ENJOY,
Re: Kunu And Zobo Drinks by Sookie(f): 12:09am On Feb 02, 2009
there is no garlic in zobo yuk yuk
Re: Kunu And Zobo Drinks by AmakaOne(f): 1:43pm On Feb 02, 2009
here's a Zobo recipe I posted a while back

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-173131.0.html
Re: Kunu And Zobo Drinks by Ogaga4Luv(m): 6:52pm On Feb 10, 2009
[size=13pt]me too O, Kunu and Zobo i was enjoying then somewhere in the nothern path of the country,im missing them by now embarassed . Stone_face[/size]
Re: Kunu And Zobo Drinks by RLaw: 3:09pm On Oct 18, 2010
My mum came back from Naija & brought me millet (used for kunu). I'd previously askd an aunt (when my sis went home) to send me d ingredients for makin kunu & find out how its made so on this occasion she just bought it on her accord.My mum sed her bro called it jero & my mum askd me what millet was used 4(my mum don remain4 white man land so te she no sabi jero).I didnt knw d ingredients too until i saw it.My mum also mentiond konofuru. I know dis 2 b cloves, (mayb african man couldnt pronounce clove & africanise d word).Anyways u cn get millet n cloves here. There was a next ingredient dat looks lyk dried vanilla pod.Does any1 knw what i'm referrin 2,wot's it calld? I only got d mixture near right once,my aunt mentiond sugar not potato tho. anyhows i love kunu & d geda one too!
Re: Kunu And Zobo Drinks by Ogaga4Luv(m): 1:22pm On Oct 20, 2010
[size=13pt]My old post . . . LOL grin grin wink
[/size]
Ogaga4Luv:

[size=13pt]me too O, Kunu and Zobo i was enjoying then somewhere in the nothern path of the country,im missing them by now embarassed . Stone_face[/size]

(1) (Reply)

World's Most Expensive Bottle Of Red Wine On Sale For N31m / How To Cook Easy And Quick Okra Stew With Fish In Minutes (Photos, Video) / Woman Refuses To Pay For The Food She Ate In A Restaurant, See Her Reasons.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.