Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,013 members, 7,806,948 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:38 AM

APC Withdraws From Re-run Election In Akwa Ibom. Gives Reasons - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Withdraws From Re-run Election In Akwa Ibom. Gives Reasons (22154 Views)

Graphic Photos Of Violence In Kano Re-run Election / Aisha Alhassan Dumps APC, Withdraws Her Membership (Letter) / Adeleke, Oyetola To Battle In Re-run Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Withdraws From Re-run Election In Akwa Ibom. Gives Reasons by NationGist: 3:20am On Jan 25, 2020
The All Progressives Congress, APC in Akwa Ibom State said it will not participate in the re-run election scheduled for Saturday. In a press conference on Friday in Uyo, State Chairman of the APC, Mr Ini Okopido said the party has withdrawn from the re-run election in Essien Udim local government area as it was dissatisfied with the conduct of the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC in the state.

Okopido said both Senator Godswill Akpabio whose candidacy has been replaced with Emem Ekperkpe for the Senatorial District election and Nse Ntuen for Essien Udim State Constituency will not participate in the elections. He said the party has instituted a court process against INEC for failing to affirm the election of Nse Ntuen as the member representing Essien Udim in the Akwa Ibom State House of Assembly.

"We have officially as a party withdrawn from the rerun elections in Essien Udim local government area. We are so dissatisfied with the conduct of INEC in Akwa Ibom State and we have withdrawn from the elections.

“As far as we are concerned, Igini has shown unprecedented bias against APC. We know he does not like APC in Akwa Ibom State and if he conducts any election in Akwa Ibom, the party will withdraw. Igini has not been fair to us as a state,” he said. Barrister Mike Igini, a former activist is the Resident Electoral Commissioner in Akwa Ibom. Meanwhile the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Akwa Ibom has accused the Niger Delta Affairs Minister, Senator Godswill Akpabio of perfecting plans to rig the state and National Assembly rerun elections on Saturday. National Legal Adviser of the PDP, Mr. Emmanuel Enoidem said in Uyo that Akpabio was planning to replicate the ‘Warsaw’ violence he meted out during the last election. Enoidem, who is also the chairman of the PDP election committee for Ikot Ekpene Senatorial District, said, ” the ancient English proverb fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me will be put to test during the forthcoming court ordered rerun in Essien Udim Local Government Area”.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/breaking-apc-withdraws-from-saturdays-re-run-election-in-akwa-ibom.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: APC Withdraws From Re-run Election In Akwa Ibom. Gives Reasons by Princeton92(m): 3:34am On Jan 25, 2020
We all know till whenever, its always N will always be a win-win for PDP come rain come shine!

If Godswill was PDP, he would've won BUT he chickened himself to APC #wrong number dialed

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Withdraws From Re-run Election In Akwa Ibom. Gives Reasons by JeffreyD1(m): 4:23am On Jan 25, 2020
Way to go

1 Like

Re: APC Withdraws From Re-run Election In Akwa Ibom. Gives Reasons by Staro: 4:31am On Jan 25, 2020

APC should stop lying.

The truth is that they do not stand a Chance in that election and are
stylishly avoiding disgrace.

The PDP candidates are already leading by many votes

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: APC Withdraws From Re-run Election In Akwa Ibom. Gives Reasons by Freestainworld(m): 4:49am On Jan 25, 2020
any other reason other than them being afraid of losing is over the bar.

10 Likes

Re: APC Withdraws From Re-run Election In Akwa Ibom. Gives Reasons by Nobody: 4:55am On Jan 25, 2020
Why were they in the race?

Who would they have fielded?
Re: APC Withdraws From Re-run Election In Akwa Ibom. Gives Reasons by money121(m): 5:37am On Jan 25, 2020
Ok
Re: APC Withdraws From Re-run Election In Akwa Ibom. Gives Reasons by Roon9(m): 9:58am On Jan 25, 2020
Naso... As if there's a difference between APC and pDP

2 Likes

Re: APC Withdraws From Re-run Election In Akwa Ibom. Gives Reasons by WandaNara: 9:59am On Jan 25, 2020
Apc - The terrorists party.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Withdraws From Re-run Election In Akwa Ibom. Gives Reasons by 9jaMp3Lyrics: 9:59am On Jan 25, 2020
WOW!

check On below

Justin Bieber net worth
Re: APC Withdraws From Re-run Election In Akwa Ibom. Gives Reasons by zoedew: 10:00am On Jan 25, 2020
Clear is the handwriting on the wall
Re: APC Withdraws From Re-run Election In Akwa Ibom. Gives Reasons by noeloge82(m): 10:00am On Jan 25, 2020
Politicians always have reason for everything
Re: APC Withdraws From Re-run Election In Akwa Ibom. Gives Reasons by DuBLINGreenb(m): 10:00am On Jan 25, 2020
We shouldn't be doing APC and PDp Here na we know the best people for the job why not allow them but the greedy fulls amongst us won't allow.
You have earned senators and governors salary for 8 years + 8 years you will still eat double pension for life so why not relax?

I don't know who needs to hear this but
SOUTH SOUTH = 6 States
SOUTH EAST = 5 States

Niger delta republic by Major General Isaac Adaka Boro was born 3 years before col. Ojukwu's Biafra

It is not a competition but I think Nigerians like noise that is the only thing Niger Delta lacks one voice and noise makers. We need our own Muric/ Nnamdi kanu/Arewa youth kind of sh!+ and make noise with them simple this our back burner Don Taya me Rivers state alone has more sea ports than all of SOUTH West + South East combined all the money used in building Abuja and everywhere else except parts of Lagos comes from oil in Bayelsa, Rivers and other Niger Delta states we deserve better leaders than these idiots and much better standard of living

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Withdraws From Re-run Election In Akwa Ibom. Gives Reasons by jeejo: 10:02am On Jan 25, 2020
APC and PDP are same crooks.

Buhari already secured one of the much needed south east state (Imo) that the North intends using to sideline the south west and retain a northern presidency come 2023

. Akwa ibom probably the agreed settlement chip between the two crooked parties.

#ArExit
#OdExit
#RExit
#BExit
#MExit

Re: APC Withdraws From Re-run Election In Akwa Ibom. Gives Reasons by Hotzone(m): 10:04am On Jan 25, 2020
How
Re: APC Withdraws From Re-run Election In Akwa Ibom. Gives Reasons by babyfaceafrica: 10:05am On Jan 25, 2020
Princeton92:
We all know till whenever, its always N will always be a win-win for PDP come rain come shine!

If Godswill was PDP, he would've won BUT he chickened himself to APC #wrong number dialed

Niger delta minister is more lucrative than sinator

3 Likes

Re: APC Withdraws From Re-run Election In Akwa Ibom. Gives Reasons by noblealuu: 10:05am On Jan 25, 2020
Nairalanders pleasssssssss I humbly beg you guys to vote for my sister in this contest.

Deborah Oluwaseyi Olujobi is an alumni of the Lagos business school's Enterprise Development Center and the Fate Foundation. She is the CEO at Faidez wears

I worked with her closely in the very early stage of her business and I am impressed with her progress so far. I have observed her go about her business with so much impact, finesse and display of business knowledge.

She has been shortlisted as one of the top 5 nominees of the Next Economy Impact awards and needs our votes to win. I can vouch for her that she deserves this award.

Kindly vote for her at https://tneimpactawards.com/lagos/

Voting ends tomorrow, January 25, 2020.

*Don't forget to use a working email address so you can get your OTP. Ensure to check your spam, promotional and socials for the OTP*

1 Like 1 Share

Re: APC Withdraws From Re-run Election In Akwa Ibom. Gives Reasons by TallPck1(m): 10:06am On Jan 25, 2020
APC withdraw?

I don't think say, they are not really telling us what played out. I think they are cooking something.

I know my APC will never chicken out like that. Well am here waiting for the real gist.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Withdraws From Re-run Election In Akwa Ibom. Gives Reasons by Keziehenry(m): 10:08am On Jan 25, 2020
You are not telling us the truth
Re: APC Withdraws From Re-run Election In Akwa Ibom. Gives Reasons by Glycosunde: 10:08am On Jan 25, 2020
Since they don't want to do abracadabra like in IMO state case and since Akpabio won't be fielded, why won't they concoct such nonsense for their zombified supporters to masturbate on.

3 Likes

Re: APC Withdraws From Re-run Election In Akwa Ibom. Gives Reasons by AkupeMBANO(m): 10:12am On Jan 25, 2020
Staro:
APC should stop lying.
The truth is that they do not stand a Chance in that election and are stylishly avoiding disgrace.
The PDP candidates are already leading by many votes
case closed.

1 Like

Re: APC Withdraws From Re-run Election In Akwa Ibom. Gives Reasons by slivertongue: 10:12am On Jan 25, 2020
its already a lost battle, no room to steal votes and forge results

1 Like

Re: APC Withdraws From Re-run Election In Akwa Ibom. Gives Reasons by Lanre4uonly(m): 10:13am On Jan 25, 2020
The more you look, the less you see when it comes to Nigeria politics.
Re: APC Withdraws From Re-run Election In Akwa Ibom. Gives Reasons by miqos02(m): 10:17am On Jan 25, 2020
Princeton92:

maybe they are expecting imo formula

1 Like

Re: APC Withdraws From Re-run Election In Akwa Ibom. Gives Reasons by Nobody: 10:23am On Jan 25, 2020
There is no APC in aks

The ones we had were hungry people who came together to milk nsima nddc stolen money

After election everyone took off to pdp

Next

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Withdraws From Re-run Election In Akwa Ibom. Gives Reasons by sosospence(m): 10:23am On Jan 25, 2020
babyfaceafrica:

Niger delta minister is more lucrative than sinator
More lucrative indeed!
Re: APC Withdraws From Re-run Election In Akwa Ibom. Gives Reasons by Anetorfavour: 10:24am On Jan 25, 2020
APC as a political party do not need voting by the electorate to win elections! Eventuall wil be declared winners by Mohammed Tanku(supreme Court)

2 Likes

Re: APC Withdraws From Re-run Election In Akwa Ibom. Gives Reasons by Princeton92(m): 10:27am On Jan 25, 2020
miqos02:
maybe they are expecting imo formula

Yes true, they are expecting that but won't be easy alright!

1 Like

Re: APC Withdraws From Re-run Election In Akwa Ibom. Gives Reasons by Ebenezar2020(m): 10:28am On Jan 25, 2020
it shall not be well with Udom, INEC and pdp for rigging out Akpabio

1 Like 1 Share

Re: APC Withdraws From Re-run Election In Akwa Ibom. Gives Reasons by Ebenezar2020(m): 10:29am On Jan 25, 2020
Princeton92:

Akpabio was rigged out by Udom and INEC.
Forget about party differences and keep it aside, Akpabio is more effective than that old, ugly, big-bellied corrupt devil called Christopher Ekpenyong.
PDP is a party of bastards and it shall never be well with them.
Just watch and see he'll be sleeping during plenary sessions and be looting millions without achieving any meaningful project in his constituency

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Withdraws From Re-run Election In Akwa Ibom. Gives Reasons by backbone503(m): 10:33am On Jan 25, 2020
Mike Igini is heavily compromised, hence can't oversee any credible election in the state.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Photos: Federal Secretariat Prepares For Handover / Jonathan’s Army Chief, Azubuike Ihejirika Joins APC / Fayose Withdraws Workers’ Salaries After Payment-the Punch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.