Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,876 members, 7,806,513 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:39 PM

How Do You Deal With A Close-minded Spouse? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do You Deal With A Close-minded Spouse? (15942 Views)

How Do You Deal With Spouses That Have Different Opinion About Family And Life? / I Don't Have A Close Relationship With My Younger Sister. / How Do You Deal With A Husband That Keeps Malice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You Deal With A Close-minded Spouse? by dayokanu(m): 12:33am On Dec 15, 2010
You wan say you be Grandma? Still No wahala.
Re: How Do You Deal With A Close-minded Spouse? by san26dy(f): 12:38am On Dec 15, 2010
@ OP Some men just keep a closed ear. All they want to hear is themselves talking. You just have to learn to deal with such people.
Re: How Do You Deal With A Close-minded Spouse? by mutter(f): 12:44am On Dec 15, 2010
yes indeed I am a grandma, even if I am younger than most Grandma`s
Re: How Do You Deal With A Close-minded Spouse? by kabukabu50(m): 1:24am On Dec 15, 2010
Simple, you give her a breakfast in bed,in the morning, grin
Rub her feet grin
Make sure all the household chores are done grin
Send flowers/teddy bear to her job grin
Wine and dine her for dinner, while she opens the box of jewelry that you bought for her, over candlelight grin
to top it off, give her lots of pre-intimacy and use your tongue to manipulate her love garden grin

From then on she will listen to EVERY word that you say grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How Do You Deal With A Close-minded Spouse? by OAM4J: 1:58am On Dec 15, 2010
mutter:

dayokanu, sorry I am married, I feel flattered but you know I think I am also just too old for you.
My kids are the once getting married now wink

erm, erm, Is there any of your daughters who is like you? Can we start the negotiation now? grin

I'll make you an offer you cant refuse cool
Re: How Do You Deal With A Close-minded Spouse? by yodiyokun(f): 4:21am On Dec 15, 2010
@mutter,
you can reach me on this e-mail address (ttylsoon@hotmail.ca)

I'll respond to you from my real e-mail address.

Thanks.
Re: How Do You Deal With A Close-minded Spouse? by alphabet43(m): 6:58am On Dec 15, 2010
What is this insinuation that it's always the male spouse. My wife is close minded as hell
Re: How Do You Deal With A Close-minded Spouse? by aristocrat(m): 9:37am On Dec 15, 2010
just pretnd as if everything she says is right, besides counsell her wen u think she is happy most. with all dis, i blieve she could change.
Re: How Do You Deal With A Close-minded Spouse? by earlalright(m): 10:24am On Dec 15, 2010
some shits are better left imagined. bt since is the present situation, am glad you use your head. however, you could still add some heart. use your head however when picking the suggestions made on nairaland. and always remember that a broken friendship is beta than a broken marriage
Re: How Do You Deal With A Close-minded Spouse? by tlops(m): 3:42pm On Dec 15, 2010
chief
Re: How Do You Deal With A Close-minded Spouse? by sirt1(m): 4:21pm On Dec 15, 2010
Honestly, Mutter has said it all. The equality thing is the problem here. When a lady believes she can do it all by herself, when she thinks she can handle and get anything she wants on her own, the problem sets in. On the phone saga, lets assume Ujujoan can not afford the cheapest phone in the market, don't u guys think she will appreciate whatever her Man bought for her? Same goes for the Tyre story.

A man is naturally built with ego and anytime a man gets things done in his own way especially to his wife/female friend, he feels on top of the world. When a woman gives any man impression that she knows better or trying to prove a point, a man's ego is chattered!!!

Now Uju, let me ask some questions. If ur man leaves to ur decision always, how will u feel? If he is the type that will tell u to go ahead and gets anything done by yourself cos his mother used to do the same thing, would u still feel secured? If he is the type that will give u money for anything u want and ask u to sort urself out, wont u feel he is not caring enough? U better appreciate what u av and take the position of African woman u are.

[size=8pt][b][b]NOTE:

I'm not saying man should be overbearing ooooooooo, but him be the African Man he is.
[/b][/b]
[/size]
Re: How Do You Deal With A Close-minded Spouse? by VERYANGRY(m): 4:56pm On Dec 15, 2010
bring up an argument,as a man u talk first and dont let her say a word and if she mistakenly open her mouth to wag with u, shut her up and throw her out in the desert, thats how to deal with those kind of ppl grin case closed,, next?
Re: How Do You Deal With A Close-minded Spouse? by seyibrown(f): 8:39pm On Dec 16, 2010
^^^^ Oh my!

@ujujoan, if you cannot tolerate this 'problematic' attitude and he still does not see reason with you when you discuss it with him, please don't marry him UNLESS you are happy to ENDURE the attitude FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE or intend to deal with it by 'SMASHING BOTTLES' to get him to consider your opinions.

The 'silence' approach works for my Husband; It lets him learn from the MISTAKE! Thankfully, he is humble enough to admit when it turns out he was wrong and I was right. -(most times grin, and do I ride on it!)! He gets 'suspicious' when I do not offer my 'opinion/preference' on matters! grin

Thank God I ditched my former 'African-pride' man! grin He had lived and lectured in the UK for almost a decade but a village farmer in Oyo had a better head! He had the mind-set that any Nigerian woman who had travelled out of Naija would be lording it over her husband!
Re: How Do You Deal With A Close-minded Spouse? by vanitty: 5:41pm On Dec 17, 2010
Quite some very nice advice
Re: How Do You Deal With A Close-minded Spouse? by wazobiang: 1:01pm On Dec 19, 2010
cheat on them with an open minded gay

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Are We Been Insensitive Or We Should Just Help Our Neighbour. / 3-Year-Old Boy Missing In Lagos / Gone But Not Forgotten Tribute To Baby B

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.