Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,290 members, 7,807,982 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:18 AM

Lassa Fever: Avoid Drinking Garri To Avoid Infection - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Lassa Fever: Avoid Drinking Garri To Avoid Infection (33919 Views)

UNN Graduate Dies Of Lassa Fever In Kogi (photos) / Lassa Fever Kills 2 Doctors In Ebonyi State (Photos) / 3 Health Implications Of Drinking Garri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lassa Fever: Avoid Drinking Garri To Avoid Infection by fergie001: 2:00pm On Jan 25, 2020
The Director of Public Health, Enugu State, Dr. Boniface Okolo, has cautioned Nigerians against the consumption of soaked garri to avoid contacting Lassa fever.

Okolo, who gave the warning in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria on Saturday in Enugu, said the rats that cause the disease were mostly in contact with Nigeria’s most popular staple food, garri, a cassava product.

He added that it was necessary to discourage consumption of soaked garri since it did not require boiled water.

Okolo noted that boiled water could go a long way in killing bacteria caused by pest or rodents in garri.

“It is better that the cassava flakes called garri is used for eba, because of the use of hot water.

https://punchng.com/to-avoid-possible-lassa-fever-infection-avoid-drinking-garri

6 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Lassa Fever: Avoid Drinking Garri To Avoid Infection by NwaAmaikpe: 2:04pm On Jan 25, 2020
shocked

We have been drinking Garri even before Ojukwu thought of fighting a civil war.
We have always had rats run around our houses before Flora Shaw agreed to date Lord Lugard.
People have been dying from ailments even before the Israelites knew of a promise land.

So why should we bothered now?

Please drink garri if you can, especially if there is coconut and toothpaste nearby.

Because the fluoride in the toothpaste kills the Lassa virus and the oil in coconut creates a non-permeable layer on the stomach lining making it immune to gastro-intestinal attacks.

My people, I am a living testimony.
Ever since I started drinking garri with Aquafresh toothpaste, all sicknesses are scared of me.

259 Likes 32 Shares

Re: Lassa Fever: Avoid Drinking Garri To Avoid Infection by GOFRONT(m): 2:04pm On Jan 25, 2020
Ha!!!

In this part of the country where I reside, drinking garri everyday is bae to us.......It is like the Air we breath.

Make una Kuku tell us make we no breathe Air again na!!!!

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lassa Fever: Avoid Drinking Garri To Avoid Infection by fergie001: 2:10pm On Jan 25, 2020
Kuku kill us....

125 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Lassa Fever: Avoid Drinking Garri To Avoid Infection by segebase(m): 2:10pm On Jan 25, 2020
All die na die

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lassa Fever: Avoid Drinking Garri To Avoid Infection by OJODEL10(m): 2:35pm On Jan 25, 2020
build hospital in six una no go gree to tackle lassa. the only food for poor man gari una make we no chop again. una wan kill us.

13 Likes

Re: Lassa Fever: Avoid Drinking Garri To Avoid Infection by ghettokid1(m): 4:15pm On Jan 25, 2020
fergie001:
Kuku kill us....
For garri?

6 Likes

Re: Lassa Fever: Avoid Drinking Garri To Avoid Infection by ghettokid1(m): 4:16pm On Jan 25, 2020
Garri is not good for one's health
Re: Lassa Fever: Avoid Drinking Garri To Avoid Infection by fergie001: 4:36pm On Jan 25, 2020
ghettokid1:

For garri?
Yes oooo grin

4 Likes

Re: Lassa Fever: Avoid Drinking Garri To Avoid Infection by ghettokid1(m): 4:43pm On Jan 25, 2020
fergie001:
Yes oooo grin
Is there no other better food?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lassa Fever: Avoid Drinking Garri To Avoid Infection by GeneralPula: 5:42pm On Jan 25, 2020
undecided
Re: Lassa Fever: Avoid Drinking Garri To Avoid Infection by money121(m): 5:42pm On Jan 25, 2020
Ok
Re: Lassa Fever: Avoid Drinking Garri To Avoid Infection by nepapole(m): 5:42pm On Jan 25, 2020
Lol... Not drinking garri will kill me faster than lassa fever.. Hian!

79 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Lassa Fever: Avoid Drinking Garri To Avoid Infection by aremuforlife(m): 5:43pm On Jan 25, 2020
Garri is last man hope,
They should look for how to make the vaccine against lassa fever available and reduce the rate at which people are being infected.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lassa Fever: Avoid Drinking Garri To Avoid Infection by tstx(m): 5:43pm On Jan 25, 2020
True
Re: Lassa Fever: Avoid Drinking Garri To Avoid Infection by Mac2016(m): 5:43pm On Jan 25, 2020
Wetin we no go here!
Re: Lassa Fever: Avoid Drinking Garri To Avoid Infection by kozmokaz(m): 5:43pm On Jan 25, 2020
grin it's official... This guy is mad
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

We have been drinking Garri even before Ojukwu thought of fighting a civil war.
We have always had rats run around our houses before Flora Shaw agreed to date Lord Lugard.
People have been dying from ailments even before the Israelites knew of a promise land.

So why should we bothered now?

Please drink garri if you can, especially if there is coconut and toothpaste nearby.

Because the fluoride in the toothpaste kills the Lassa virus and the oil in coconut creates a non-permeable layer in the stomach making it immune to attacks.

40 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Lassa Fever: Avoid Drinking Garri To Avoid Infection by Emily22(m): 5:43pm On Jan 25, 2020
Lol

I just finish one bowl of garri with cold pure water and fresh groundnut...

All the rats wey dey my house na hygienic rats...

So no worry....

117 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Lassa Fever: Avoid Drinking Garri To Avoid Infection by Nobody: 5:43pm On Jan 25, 2020
Abegi o, something must kill a man o.

For this buhari time.

9 Likes

Re: Lassa Fever: Avoid Drinking Garri To Avoid Infection by BUSHHUNTER: 5:43pm On Jan 25, 2020
Wetin make Ijebu people eat?

67 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Lassa Fever: Avoid Drinking Garri To Avoid Infection by toluleke(m): 5:44pm On Jan 25, 2020
E no possible best thing is let it be kept in a safe place where Rat or thing causing lassa fever can be prevented and awareness for our market women
Re: Lassa Fever: Avoid Drinking Garri To Avoid Infection by gaetano: 5:44pm On Jan 25, 2020
Are we a joke to you? So we should stop taking first aid

86 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Lassa Fever: Avoid Drinking Garri To Avoid Infection by BeerParlour: 5:44pm On Jan 25, 2020
How man wan survive

1 Like

Re: Lassa Fever: Avoid Drinking Garri To Avoid Infection by DuBLINGreenb(m): 5:44pm On Jan 25, 2020
Wetin Buhari no go see for Daura

Avoid wetin? You Don plan to kill 90% of Nigerians be that

The OP, the rats, the writer of this report and the careless garri sellers all deserve this

12 Likes

Re: Lassa Fever: Avoid Drinking Garri To Avoid Infection by jumper524(m): 5:44pm On Jan 25, 2020
Watin pesin no go hear for all these doctors mouth??
Even the rat we still dey roast am chop with the virus talk more of G4.

Just say una wan kill students..

1 Like

Re: Lassa Fever: Avoid Drinking Garri To Avoid Infection by Offpoint: 5:44pm On Jan 25, 2020
I can take anything from anybody, but one thing I can't take from anyone is trying to stop me from drinking garri...

I prefer World War III break out, than to stop drinking garri...
in fact it's better the earth is hit with an asteroid the size of earth moon than to stop garri.

If Lassa kill 100, lack of garri will kill millions.

Garri is bae
Garri is life
Garri is our constitutional right

59 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lassa Fever: Avoid Drinking Garri To Avoid Infection by xpmode(m): 5:44pm On Jan 25, 2020
You see garri life for outside... garri wey dey sell fast-fast...pass indomie

Now garri will now start TV advert before one local

I blame Buhari not

20 Likes

Re: Lassa Fever: Avoid Drinking Garri To Avoid Infection by Daniel058(m): 5:44pm On Jan 25, 2020
On point! all those people quoting how they have been drinking it before civil war ,

If una die now ,una no go Even know say una don die na people una leave for Earth go dey feel the pain .. cry

4 Likes

Re: Lassa Fever: Avoid Drinking Garri To Avoid Infection by Dpharisee: 5:45pm On Jan 25, 2020
I am the man himself survived some days in courtesy of drinking gari cheesy
Nothing wey Ekaete no go see for Madam kitchen
Re: Lassa Fever: Avoid Drinking Garri To Avoid Infection by Nobody: 5:46pm On Jan 25, 2020
Stop drinking GARRI

Whoever made that conclusion must be joking or seriously high on some deep shit.
How man go survive when his surest meal na the ever reliable cassava flakes.
Lassa fever or no Lassa fever, GARRI must stan!!

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Panic As America Quarantines 81 Ebola Suspects / Checkout This Lady's Amazing Weight Loss Progress From January To July / Delta Quack Doctor Bursted While Performing Illegal Abortion (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.