Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,116 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:49 PM

I Revealed Olamide Helped Majek Fashek Under Pressure – Manager - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / I Revealed Olamide Helped Majek Fashek Under Pressure – Manager (40478 Views)

Majek Fashek Buried In The U.S / Daddy Freeze Reacts To Majek Fashek's Performance At COZA (pics) / Majek Fashek Performs At COZA Christmas Carol In Abuja (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Revealed Olamide Helped Majek Fashek Under Pressure – Manager by SleekGist: 8:24am On Jan 26, 2020
Ailing legendary singer, Majek Fashek's manager, Omenka Uzoma-Day, has revealed why he mentioned singer, Olamide as the only artiste that helped out in Majek's medical treatment. SleekGists

Days ago, Uzoma-Day revealed that rapper, Olamide was the only artiste that supported the the ailing musician financially when he was battling with his health issues in the UK.

Uzoma-Day told Sunday Scoop,why he made the revelation. According to him, he was put under pressure to make the revelation as some people felt he got a lot of money from wealthy businessman, Femi Otedola and that he had diverted the money to his personal use, so he was forced to reveal the truth.

He said, “Olamide actually helped out over six months ago and I honestly feel guilty for mentioning his name because he told me not to. However, what I said was not bad. Olamide really showed love. I didn’t even expect it from him. I didn’t want to say it but my spirit was not at peace. He helped out at a time of tribulation.

"Some people felt Femi Otedola gave me a lot of money but everything he gave was paid directly to the hospital. A single penny didn’t pass through my hands.

"After it became public knowledge that Otedola had offered assistance, some people came out of the woodworks to harass me, asking for Majek’s money and properties.

"There was even a time I registered Majek for a health insurance scheme in the United Kingdom but nobody came to identify with us then. I did my best for Majek but I am not a millionaire.”

He however stated that he hadn’t had any discussion with Olamide after he made the revelation during a radio interview.

He stated, “We have not spoken. I will speak to him at a convenient time and he would understand why I did what I did. I’m the one wearing the shoe so I know where it pinches. As a matter of fact, St. Nicholas Hospital just called me to pay the balance for Majek’s treatment because he was there at some point. People should pray not to be sick because it is a bad thing because if one is sick, one would spend a lot of money looking for a cure. Even if you have hundreds of millions, you wouldn’t know when the money would be used to pay bills.”

On Majek’s health status,presently, the singer's manager said, “He is doing better now. He is out of the hospital but he is still undergoing therapy somewhere else in New York. He can walk, talk and respond to people. He is also moving around.

His son, Randy, is with him at the moment and he is doing a great job. I am here in Nigeria to make some arrangements and concentrate on other things but Randy gives me constant updates.

“Meanwhile, I want to use this medium to thank the media, especially PUNCH Newspapers, and fans all over the world for their support. They were so wonderful. Very soon, Majek would be able to speak with his fans.”

Uzoma-Day also implored radio and television stations around the world to play Majek’s songs on his birthday, coming up on March 7.

He added, “Majek is loved by many Nigerian artistes. They see him as a father figure and legend. So, I request that media outlets all over the world should play his music across their platforms. Those that can should also dress like him. All this is to make sure that we celebrate him while he is alive. I also appeal to the Lagos State government to give him a house. Majek shouldn’t have to be staying in hotels or paying rent whenever he is in Lagos.”

https://punchng.com/i-revealed-olamide-helped-majek-fashek-under-pressure-manager

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Revealed Olamide Helped Majek Fashek Under Pressure – Manager by dominique(f): 8:39am On Jan 26, 2020
Na wa for our people sha, even chooking nose into donations for an ailing person. I hope this greed doesn't consume us

I have issues with the line below though

I also appeal to the Lagos State government to give him a house. Majek shouldn’t have to be staying in hotels or paying rent whenever he is in Lagos.”

Whose fault is it that he didn't invest in a property when he was making a lot of money? If the state government gives him a house, they should give other veteran artists houses as well.

146 Likes 9 Shares

Re: I Revealed Olamide Helped Majek Fashek Under Pressure – Manager by ouzo1(m): 8:43am On Jan 26, 2020
Oga manager,who u the manage?Majek or media?

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Revealed Olamide Helped Majek Fashek Under Pressure – Manager by irunoko(m): 8:47am On Jan 26, 2020
grin
ouzo1:
Oga manager,who u the manage?Majek or media?
Re: I Revealed Olamide Helped Majek Fashek Under Pressure – Manager by money121(m): 8:48am On Jan 26, 2020
Lobatan

1 Like

Re: I Revealed Olamide Helped Majek Fashek Under Pressure – Manager by Maxymilliano(m): 8:51am On Jan 26, 2020
I hope there won't be a relapse this time ...

Get well Bro

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Revealed Olamide Helped Majek Fashek Under Pressure – Manager by hungryboy(m): 9:13am On Jan 26, 2020
dominique:
Na wa for our people sha, even chooking nose into donations for an ailing person. I hope this greed doesn't consume us

Whose fault is it that he didn't invest in a property when he was making a lot of money? If the state government gives him a house, they should give other veteran artists houses as well.
i tire for this kind entitled mentality were our former artiste and footballers dey get oh.

Man made a lot of money back in the days, didn't build a house, has no tangible investments, only had sex with different girls, drank with friends, bought exotic cars, now, he is expecting the Government to compensate him after he blew his fortune on frivolities.

98 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Revealed Olamide Helped Majek Fashek Under Pressure – Manager by yanabasee(m): 10:29am On Jan 26, 2020
dominique:

Isn't this obvious?

The vibrant celebrities should learn from this.....

5 Likes

Re: I Revealed Olamide Helped Majek Fashek Under Pressure – Manager by qmonaco: 5:34pm On Jan 26, 2020
ion get this

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Revealed Olamide Helped Majek Fashek Under Pressure – Manager by Emilokoiyawon: 5:36pm On Jan 26, 2020
cool cool
Re: I Revealed Olamide Helped Majek Fashek Under Pressure – Manager by Mikelarteta(m): 5:36pm On Jan 26, 2020
Under pressure from who? Is that really necessary? You actually did that so others can contribute.

4 Likes

Re: I Revealed Olamide Helped Majek Fashek Under Pressure – Manager by helinues: 5:36pm On Jan 26, 2020
undecided

Under pressure abi under the influence of an alcohol?

8 Likes

Re: I Revealed Olamide Helped Majek Fashek Under Pressure – Manager by BUSHHUNTER: 5:37pm On Jan 26, 2020
Re: I Revealed Olamide Helped Majek Fashek Under Pressure – Manager by Perfecttouchade: 5:37pm On Jan 26, 2020
That's life bro, people are always quick to tag what u are not, the best is to be good to everyone including those that come against you, with Time...we all gonna be alright. My prayers to majek, olamide God bless your good heart and u too manager uzo

15 Likes

Re: I Revealed Olamide Helped Majek Fashek Under Pressure – Manager by ForeThinker: 5:37pm On Jan 26, 2020
No lele
Re: I Revealed Olamide Helped Majek Fashek Under Pressure – Manager by GeeMeshin1(m): 5:37pm On Jan 26, 2020
It's a pity...
Re: I Revealed Olamide Helped Majek Fashek Under Pressure – Manager by RedBlackPepper: 5:37pm On Jan 26, 2020
Olamide is so magnanimous, even after given out the money, he told him not to mention his name.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Revealed Olamide Helped Majek Fashek Under Pressure – Manager by Viktoreze(m): 5:37pm On Jan 26, 2020
What about Hajia Dangaji?? That woman went through a lot trying to help Majek get back on his feet....He spent the better part of 2012&2013 at her house in Sam ethnan Air Force base Ikeja

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Revealed Olamide Helped Majek Fashek Under Pressure – Manager by Ustec: 5:38pm On Jan 26, 2020
undecided

1 Like

Re: I Revealed Olamide Helped Majek Fashek Under Pressure – Manager by solmusdesigns: 5:38pm On Jan 26, 2020
cool

Olamide keeps helping people on a down low

whatever wrong Davido and Olamide does, they help out in their own way

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Revealed Olamide Helped Majek Fashek Under Pressure – Manager by Enemyofpeace: 5:39pm On Jan 26, 2020
dominique:

domi domi dominique. You just dey make my belle sweet like honey kiss kiss kiss
Re: I Revealed Olamide Helped Majek Fashek Under Pressure – Manager by Nobody: 5:39pm On Jan 26, 2020
Okay
Re: I Revealed Olamide Helped Majek Fashek Under Pressure – Manager by cococandy(f): 5:39pm On Jan 26, 2020
Government should give him a house? As what?
Re: I Revealed Olamide Helped Majek Fashek Under Pressure – Manager by kindnyce(m): 5:40pm On Jan 26, 2020
See what misfortune can cause.
Majek way back was a Star in every word.
What did he do, he messed up.
A big lesson for our so-called celebs

1 Like

Re: I Revealed Olamide Helped Majek Fashek Under Pressure – Manager by Glycosunde: 5:40pm On Jan 26, 2020
this is a clarion call to everybody irrespective of what you're doing. always save and invest when d money is coming ur way so dat u don't turn beggar to d upcoming generation looking up to u because if they don't help you don't cry foul because dey owe u Nada n if they do thank those who did n rest.it is majek today, Oga money is nothing, it could be u tomorrow

1 Like

Re: I Revealed Olamide Helped Majek Fashek Under Pressure – Manager by ComeAndobo: 5:40pm On Jan 26, 2020
Olamide is known to be a silent philanthropist. He helps and doesn't want the limelight when doing good.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Revealed Olamide Helped Majek Fashek Under Pressure – Manager by Changethechain: 5:41pm On Jan 26, 2020
I knew majek fasek in Gowon estate egbeda Lagos. He was deep into drugs. Stay away from drugs people

5 Likes

Re: I Revealed Olamide Helped Majek Fashek Under Pressure – Manager by funsho75(m): 5:41pm On Jan 26, 2020
Hmmm
Re: I Revealed Olamide Helped Majek Fashek Under Pressure – Manager by DuBLINGreenb(m): 5:41pm On Jan 26, 2020
Help is help

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Burnaboy & Mom Watching And Celebrating Man United Match With Customized Jersey / Tiwa Savage Shows Her Zanku Moves In Bra Top / Dele Momodu Congratulates Davido & Sophie Momodu, His Cousin On Their New Baby

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.