Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,861 members, 7,802,766 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:05 PM

Top Ten Nigerian Web Designers <caution> - Webmasters (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Top Ten Nigerian Web Designers <caution> (32304 Views)

Webmasters, Which Nigerian Web Hosting Company Is Reliable? Pls Help! / Trudigits: My Best Nigerian Web Host Ever / What I Hate About Nigerian Web Developers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top Ten Nigerian Web Designers <caution> by dejiolowe: 3:49pm On Jan 31, 2006
the javascript is broken coz someone messed up with the site. handed over the CMS months ago
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Web Designers <caution> by kris(m): 4:47pm On Jan 31, 2006
Deji, it's not about what i want. I currently has no need for any program i'm looking for but i asked to know if you have a place where you showcase your stuffs, but i guess you don't, so don't worry about it. But if you ever upload any of them in the future to showcase let me know so i can check them out. Also if you know nigerians who's got their stuffs up to showcase let me know so i can check them out.

Peace in the middle East!

And for those talking about my site not being indexed and all that, i will find some time and fix it so that that will be over!
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Web Designers <caution> by dejiolowe: 5:04pm On Jan 31, 2006
r u a judge of something?
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Web Designers <caution> by joftech(m): 5:12pm On Jan 31, 2006
kris is only a praise seeking maniac (no dizzin intended). I wonder why someone will start a thread and start saying he's the best Nigerian designer.

For God sake functionality is the main thing, not the design; the design can only appeal to the eyes. Of what use is a Hummer that can't climb a hill which a volks(1st gen) will glide over smoothly.

What you think is the worst might be the best for someone else, it's not for you to jugde if you are good or not.

All these self praising reminds me of all these yeye politicians i Nigeria right now.
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Web Designers <caution> by dejiolowe: 5:17pm On Jan 31, 2006
abi o
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Web Designers <caution> by kris(m): 5:54pm On Jan 31, 2006
Check out my very first post, i was only searching for a website listing good nigerian designs, then niggas start running trying to diss.

What good is a so called functional site if the design makes not know your way around. I'm up for function and design. They go together. Don't you agree?
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Web Designers <caution> by joftech(m): 6:02pm On Jan 31, 2006
I agree, but it's like you are using your site and portfolio as a yardstick (from your refrences to it).

Nairaland does not have a fancy layout or picture still thousnads are signing up; Think about that.
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Web Designers <caution> by kris(m): 6:13pm On Jan 31, 2006
joftech:

I agree, but it's like you are using your site and portfolio as a yardstick (from your refrences to it).

Nairaland does not have a fancy layout or picture still thousnads are signing up; Think about that.

Nairaland doesn't have what? This design is not fancy? This is one nice design, though i know it's a skin made by someone but the whole layout and buttons are very nice. Everything well designed.

And i never said i wanted to list sites as good as mine, did i? Nope. You think about the look of Nairaland, and realize it's indeed a fancy nice design, which brings me to what i said before, design is not only about graphics, but has a lot to do with positions of things and things like color combination, text size and all that.

I'm focused more on the design of a site, which is something lacking in nigeria. I've read of great apps made by nigerians, so in a way i know we are doing good in that part, but the design put is what i want to focus on. And of course it has to be funtional too.
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Web Designers <caution> by dejiolowe: 7:05pm On Jan 31, 2006
NL design is crap but I still love everyone here
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Web Designers <caution> by kris(m): 7:07pm On Jan 31, 2006
Say the truth, do you really take this design to be crap? I don't believe you and i don't think it's crap though. I think the forum design is dope.
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Web Designers <caution> by dejiolowe: 8:08pm On Jan 31, 2006
kris:

Say the truth, do you really take this design to be crap? I don't believe you and i don't think it's crap though. I think the forum design is dope.
i don't know if this design is cool...
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Web Designers <caution> by c0dec(m): 9:43pm On Jan 31, 2006
yo, i woulda showed you my stuff but most of it is either buggy or incomplete. bah  undecided
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Web Designers <caution> by kris(m): 10:56pm On Jan 31, 2006
I don't think that's a problem, you could work on it more and get it ready to be shown or just show it like that. No biggie. After all they all say my site is buggy too.

So have you seen Seun and Tayo lately?
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Web Designers <caution> by c0dec(m): 11:41pm On Jan 31, 2006
nah havent seen them. i'm not in Nigeria now.  sad my homies

well my stuff isn't web but ... for now ... http://under.re-construction. [they are all incomplete and need to be optimized  undecided]
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Web Designers <caution> by kris(m): 11:32am On Feb 01, 2006
Your site sure looks interesting. Once i get home i will download some of your stuffs and play around with them and give you feedback.

Do you write with Seun and Tayo though? I've called them a few time.

Peace!
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Web Designers <caution> by Afam(m): 11:39am On Feb 01, 2006
Times without numbers I have read posts by members of this forum that try to classify web designers as template defacers and I find it difficult to understand the point.

Isn't google, yahoo, amazon etc built based on templates or do we imagine that every single page of these sites are hand/hard coded?

Most web designers unfortunately focus way too much on things that are not necessary as far as effective online presence is concerned.

Take the design and give me the functionality I want and I will be heading to the bank faster than the best designer out there.

I provide business websites that tend to solve business problems and that is where the story starts and ends - being able to deliver on any promises you may make.

www.justwebservices.com, www.timeautos.com, www.travelnigeria.info, www.estocknigeria (not yet finished), www.supanigeria.org (not yet finished), www.portharcourtservices.com are websites that are setup to handle different issues for their owners.

SOme of us embrace technology for the sake of it without understanding it at times. There are technologies that have been marketed by very sleek marketers that failed yet people abandoned workable technologies because they were carried away by the buzz words.

Most of the tools out there do the same thing so I don't see any reason in arguing which is better because any mastery of a tool will get the job done and that's the bottomline.

Use templates if you have to, I use them, I will continue to use them because it makes my life easy and the time frame for setting up any web project shorter which translates to freer time and more money, chikena!
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Web Designers <caution> by timmy(m): 12:19pm On Feb 01, 2006
@ Kris, so what are my weaknesses.... youre beginning to make me an anti-krist..

@Uncle Deji Ogbeni Olowe, the oni kon-kolo of ilesha, abeg dont mind that guy(kris), na wahala him want.
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Web Designers <caution> by kris(m): 3:02pm On Feb 01, 2006
Timmy check out the post by deji "timmy, you are a trouble maker and stop dissing other people's sites. I have been there myself. even parts my present website use tables (from the blogcfc engine am using). i have done terribly horrible sites before."

Well from that we know you are the trouble maker not me o! Na you be our nigerian politicians o!
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Web Designers <caution> by mikebuddy(m): 3:06pm On Feb 01, 2006
Am tired of this trend.
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Web Designers <caution> by pojutime(m): 4:42pm On Feb 01, 2006
Higuys,

Not to digress from the original line. What do you think about woo interactive and Tavia technologies?
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Web Designers <caution> by timmy(m): 7:20pm On Feb 01, 2006
presently, woo BAD, tavia TERRIBLE  tongue

but in my heart, i love who because im some-how attached to the kamily

@Kris and as for u [size=68pt]4Q[/size]
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Web Designers <caution> by dejiolowe: 7:39pm On Feb 01, 2006
Timmy! You are a BAD boy... angry angry
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Web Designers <caution> by joftech(m): 8:16pm On Feb 01, 2006
How about www.cypsol.com
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Web Designers <caution> by dejiolowe: 8:27pm On Feb 01, 2006
joftech:

How about www.cypsol.com
i know that was a template site but man, thaz cool!
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Web Designers <caution> by kris(m): 8:32pm On Feb 01, 2006
Yeah the site posted by joftech is nice, though the preloader tend to stay at 40%, but it's all nice.

Hey Timmy, this was never meant to get this way. Even though you said that, i'm still cool though, i've got no hard feelings. I think overall we've had a nice discussion going on here, so nothing spoil.
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Web Designers <caution> by kris(m): 8:38pm On Feb 01, 2006
Hope say we all they click on at least one google ad each time we come here so as to give NairaLand plenty naira o!

That way we go show our support o! Make una click o!
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Web Designers <caution> by timmy(m): 4:04pm On Feb 02, 2006
@kris i hate it when i try to annoy someone and the person just ignors it..{hiss}
anyways i just needed to piss u off and since it didnt work.. ild just keep peace in the middle east grin

@Uncle deji, se mi len bu yen, i aint bad ooohh, its a forum, its on the internet and no-one can catch men so i choosed to be nasty there, any ways me bad . i apologise sad cry
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Web Designers <caution> by kris(m): 11:18pm On Feb 02, 2006
This right here is definate the best naija site! No playa hating just enjoy the view!
http://www.nepaibadanzone.org/
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Web Designers <caution> by oasis: 11:25pm On Feb 02, 2006
Anything flashing or scrolling on a webpage is very distracting to me.
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Web Designers <caution> by c0dec(m): 12:27am On Feb 03, 2006
kris:

This right here is definate the best naija site! No playa hating just enjoy the view!
http://www.nepaibadanzone.org/

grin are you kidding me? that site sucks.
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Web Designers <caution> by bebe6(f): 12:33am On Feb 03, 2006
This right here is definate the best naija site!

In your opinion, my love. That's why web design is so unique.........different strokes for different folks wink
Re: Top Ten Nigerian Web Designers <caution> by oasis: 12:43am On Feb 03, 2006
Alhaji Kris the comedian. grin

See https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-6036.0.html and learn.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Dominic Barcity Acquires Two Cars, To Open Multi Million Naira Newspaper Firm / List Of Top Search Engines In The World / Cheap And Reliable Web Hosting Re-seller Account For Web Business.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.