Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,486 members, 7,808,775 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:42 PM

Inec Recovers Stolen Machines - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Inec Recovers Stolen Machines (4260 Views)

EFCC Recovers N38m Bullet-proof SUV From Ex-nimasa DG / INEC Recovers 983 Stolen Pvcs In Edo State / Inec Recovers Stolen Ddc Machines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Inec Recovers Stolen Machines by LocalChamp: 9:31am On Dec 10, 2010
INEC recovers stolen machines

December 10, 2010 01:00AM

The Independent National Electoral Commission said, on Thursday, that 16 out of 20 missing Direct Data Capturing (DDC) machines, to be used for voter registration in 2011, have been recovered.

In a statement, Kayode Idowu, the Chief Press Secretary to INEC Chairman, Attahiru Jega, in Abuja, said the machines were recovered by Thursday afternoon. The statement said that security agents were working to recover the remaining four machines, as well as apprehend the people who stole them.

The statement also reassures Nigerians that the voter registration, scheduled for January 15 to 29, 2011, will hold.

A consignment of 20 machines was stolen on Tuesday, out of a total of 6,000 brought into the country by Zinox Technologies Ltd.

“Furthermore, INEC has been assured of intensified safeguards against further breaches,” stated Mr Idowu. “The Commission uses this opportunity to urge all eligible Nigerians to turn out for the planned voter registration in January and to work with INEC for the attainment of free, fair and credible elections in 2011.”

http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/Home/5652157-146/story.csp
Re: Inec Recovers Stolen Machines by olapojuo: 12:15pm On Dec 10, 2010
Na wa oooo
Re: Inec Recovers Stolen Machines by babalawo(m): 12:22pm On Dec 10, 2010
I thought the stolen machines weren't INEC"s?

INEC recovers stolen machines? INEC don take over Police?

I no knw say INEC na mumu so Zinox is not culpable

I for like be supplier to INEC, I no go buy anytin just declare say all the machines disappear on flight.
Re: Inec Recovers Stolen Machines by babsmii(m): 12:25pm On Dec 10, 2010
next will be Jega himself missing, everything just keep going soar under our noses, na wa ooo
i'll rather watch from Ghana.
Re: Inec Recovers Stolen Machines by disreason: 12:26pm On Dec 10, 2010
After they have examined the machines and taken the necessary information needed to do the data capturing inside their bed room. What a cunning way to rig the eclection.
Re: Inec Recovers Stolen Machines by brighter: 12:48pm On Dec 10, 2010
they say the stolen machine did not belong to INEC since it's still not delivered, so why r they recovering it again. this country can never stop beign funny.
Re: Inec Recovers Stolen Machines by Jaytee67(m): 12:57pm On Dec 10, 2010
I read somewhere yesterday where this same Kayode Idowu, the Chief Press Secretary to INEC Chairman, Attahiru Jega, earlier said that the DDC are yet to arrive the country. We don't know what to believe in this country any longer.
Re: Inec Recovers Stolen Machines by 1025: 1:32pm On Dec 10, 2010
pdp must win by all means.
instead of wasting my time going to register or voting, i will go and watch enyimba and heartland of owerri.
jonathan is not just ready for any change.
Re: Inec Recovers Stolen Machines by MurphyG1(m): 1:35pm On Dec 10, 2010
The question is: How were they recovered? shocked. I guess this information is not complete, Or wont they tell us from whom the DDC machines were recovered if they have been recovered? Abi na one political top shot dey behind am wey dem no fit reveal?
Re: Inec Recovers Stolen Machines by kaykaodili: 2:10pm On Dec 10, 2010
the story is not complete
how, when, where and who did they recovered it from?
They should stop misinforming us especially NTA.
Re: Inec Recovers Stolen Machines by 702: 2:18pm On Dec 10, 2010
Internal arrangement, empty threat! angry
Re: Inec Recovers Stolen Machines by Ninapha(f): 2:22pm On Dec 10, 2010
grin grin grin grin grin I dey kampe! dey laugh grin grin grin
Re: Inec Recovers Stolen Machines by abes(m): 2:29pm On Dec 10, 2010
disreason:

After they have examined the machines and taken the necessary information needed to do the data capturing inside their bed room. What a cunning way to rig the eclection.

This is true o, after all, they are from China
Re: Inec Recovers Stolen Machines by babsmii(m): 2:35pm On Dec 10, 2010
^^ was recovered in a town near the airport called ishasha, only 4 out of the 16 are yet to be found, please always take your time to listen to the full news before you tune it to beat fm, or sorry, ive forgotten you only depend on Nairanews,
Re: Inec Recovers Stolen Machines by juman(m): 2:56pm On Dec 10, 2010
NIGERIA NIGERIA fruitless country.
Re: Inec Recovers Stolen Machines by bababuff(m): 2:57pm On Dec 10, 2010
Now, I dey laugh my own  grin  grin  grin
Re: Inec Recovers Stolen Machines by bababuff(m): 2:59pm On Dec 10, 2010
juman:

NIGERIA NIGERIA very useless country.

You have no right to say that Brutus.
Re: Inec Recovers Stolen Machines by juman(m): 3:18pm On Dec 10, 2010
bababuff:

You have no right to say that Brutus.

Do you expect me to say Nigeria is a paradise on earth or what? Man, this is a unproductive country. Nothing, absolutely nothing is working well and nothing would work well.
We are just wasting our time. Why can't we break up and the different nations go their own way and start their country.
Are we going to countinue in this mess as a nation like this for ever?
President Jonathan has a lot to do.
Man, I want the best for Nigeria just like you. I am tired of this mess.
Re: Inec Recovers Stolen Machines by babsmii(m): 3:21pm On Dec 10, 2010
juman:

u must be high on some gummy viscous stuffz, must you post?
Re: Inec Recovers Stolen Machines by Nobody: 3:26pm On Dec 10, 2010
cool shocked shocked
so who is behind this now ? grin grin
Re: Inec Recovers Stolen Machines by Idrico(m): 3:33pm On Dec 10, 2010
NIGERIA very useless country

I dont think you are also useful for Nigeria and posterity with your statement. grin grin grin
Re: Inec Recovers Stolen Machines by kehneah: 4:11pm On Dec 10, 2010
juman:

pls free the guy n lets call a spade wht it is, this country is ABSOLUTELY Zap.E.D!!, yeah i'l say that again.if not this particular thread wont be, among many other things,
we can only hope it gets beta
Re: Inec Recovers Stolen Machines by gentlegg(m): 4:39pm On Dec 10, 2010
1025:

pdp must win by all means.
instead of wasting my time going to register or voting, i will go and watch enyimba and heartland of owerri.
jonathan is not just ready for any change.

100% agree with you on the bolded
Re: Inec Recovers Stolen Machines by abes(m): 4:41pm On Dec 10, 2010
babsmii:

^^ was recovered in a town near the airport called ishasha,  only 4 out of the 16 are yet to be found,  please always take your time to listen to the full news before you tune it to beat fm,  or sorry, ive forgotten you only depend on Nairanews,  

Calm down chief. . .are those machines manufactured in Nigeria? What the riggers need is a prototype of the machine, now that  they have examined all the information about the machine, the next thing to do is send the prototype to China to be mass produced.

#back to beat FM.
Re: Inec Recovers Stolen Machines by Dentale(m): 5:39pm On Dec 10, 2010
Nigeria is absolutely bleeped up! If you don't like my colourful language, go and wrap yourself around the nearest wet transformer. How can you recover something that you initially claimed wasn't yours? How did they recover it? Why are 4 still "missing"? Abeg make person hear word! This election is well on its way to being "business as usual". Madam Dora, rebrand PDP!
Re: Inec Recovers Stolen Machines by Sdot1(m): 5:42pm On Dec 10, 2010
Its so much drama all across the globe, I just sit back and enjoy the show
Re: Inec Recovers Stolen Machines by kabukabu50(m): 6:22pm On Dec 10, 2010
First,its the wrong machines
Second,they were stolen
Third,its not our's
Fourth,we have discovered some.

Give me one reason why there should be hope for such a banana republic like Nigeria grin grin grin

You sheeple will go to vote for the same punks next year angry angry

Talk about setting NO standard, what Nigeria needs is re-colonization
Re: Inec Recovers Stolen Machines by Blazay(m): 6:25pm On Dec 10, 2010
Abracadabraaaaaaaaaa!!!
If ships and planes can go missing in Nigeria without capsizing or crashing,
What are INEC or NON-INEC machines?

Now you see 'em. . .now you don't.

Mu he he he he

Will they ever be the same? Only God knows.
Na wah for Niggggeria o.

O di kwa risky.

In a statement, Kayode Idowu, the Chief Press Secretary to INEC Chairman,

Why is it that any time there is a 'k' leg in Nigerian affairs. . .a Yoruba man must be involved? undecided
See the other topic with the fight against privatization of electricity. . .a Yoruba man.

Can't Yoruba people do something good for Nigeria for once in their lives? Enemies of Nigeria.
Re: Inec Recovers Stolen Machines by Andy1985ng(m): 6:33pm On Dec 10, 2010
i am eagerly awaiting wikileaks cable release on the missing INEC machines. Relax nairalanders, all will be answered soon.
Re: Inec Recovers Stolen Machines by MeGaStReEt: 6:50pm On Dec 10, 2010
Its a good thing they returned the machines they took as gentlemen and as true Nigerian. Can they kindly tell us where they recovered them from, Oh I mean to say, can they tell us who took the machines in the first place and why?
Re: Inec Recovers Stolen Machines by symbianDON(m): 7:07pm On Dec 10, 2010
~Bluetooth:

cool shocked shocked
so who is behind this now ? grin grin
henry okah grin
Re: Inec Recovers Stolen Machines by Anoruo(m): 7:15pm On Dec 10, 2010
Abi them don bring am out where them keep an b4

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Do You Think About State Police In Nigeria / 17 Chadian Soldiers Killed By Boko Haram Buried !!! PIX / Ex-Senate President Joseph Wayas Dumps PDP For APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.