Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,539 members, 7,808,985 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:31 PM

Working Girls (Women) Avoiding Clubs and Parties? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Working Girls (Women) Avoiding Clubs and Parties? (2752 Views)

. / Happening Clubs At Victoria Island / Best Clubs In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Working Girls (Women) Avoiding Clubs and Parties? by Flint(m): 6:16pm On Jun 23, 2005
INDOOR WORKING CLASS GIRLS

I have noticed that most working class girls in Port Harcourt hardly hang out at night (clubbing, partyin etc). When I hang out with my guys, it's mostly Uni girls we meet. Its only at events like get-togethers organised by someone from a particular firm that you could come across droves of girls from that firm.

My theory is that working class girls have the impression that they may be taken as loose if they hangout at clubs and all. Any other explanations.
Re: Working Girls (Women) Avoiding Clubs and Parties? by Seun(m): 7:50pm On Jun 23, 2005
The atmosphere of heavy booze and smoke in many clubs and parties does not appeal to everybody!

Perhaps the clubs should transform themselves into social centres where girls who are not 'loose' can hang out. There is a need for a kind of social centre that is somewhere between a club and a church and if I had the money I would be exploring this business opportunity already!
Re: Working Girls (Women) Avoiding Clubs and Parties? by Angelgal(f): 9:08am On Jun 24, 2005
Flint would you honestly and seriously get involved in a relationship with a babe you met in the night club? Wouldn't you be wondering what she was doing there in the first place?

Unfortunately the night club has the appearance or indeed is a cess pool for guys looking for loose women. Even when a decent lady makes the choice of giving herself a good time, she is counted among the droves of loose gals hanging around the night club, worse still if she shows up alone.

That's another story altogether,(for another day) why can't a girl in Nigeria go out on her own to a restaurant or a bar or a club without being seen as a prostitute?

Anyway that is why the working class girls that want to be taken seriously will not want to be seen hanging around a nightclub (unless they are accompanied by a man) The university chics are young and they have their youthful life ahead of them, they do not have thoughts of marriage yet. There is a time for everything, the working class chics clubbed too when they were university chics and with age comes maturity and of course a change of prorities. This is what I think anyway.
Re: Working Girls (Women) Avoiding Clubs and Parties? by Vieira(m): 12:18pm On Jun 24, 2005
to change this image needs work from both sides.

In the UK everyone from students to workers go out and relax at clubs, wine bars or concerts and nothing is thought of it.

The working girls who are not going because they do not want to be seem as loose are also contributing to the problem. because that means that is how themselves will see any other girl who goes.
Re: Working Girls (Women) Avoiding Clubs and Parties? by Angelgal(f): 12:36pm On Jun 24, 2005
In the UK yeah, but down here in Naija, it's totally different.

My cousin visited me from the UK and in my bid to give her a good time we had an embarrassing experience that I dare to share with you. I took her to the one and only Hilton we have in the country and we were stopped from entering The Capital Bar by an overzealous security guard simply because we were not accompanied. We were decently dressed but that did not stop the guard from counting us among the ladies of the night hunting for their game for that evening.I kid you not and this is for real. Would you believe we had to get a male neighbour to accompany us the following day just so that my cousin could have a nice time?

Needless to say my cousin just could not believe the way we were treated just because we were not accompanied by a man. When I visited her in the UK myself, everybody was doing their own thing, nobody had any business to stop you entering anywhere just because you came alone as a babe.
Re: Working Girls (Women) Avoiding Clubs and Parties? by Vieira(m): 12:43pm On Jun 24, 2005
Angelgal, we can only change this attitude ourselves o!

The girls need to start fighting against this perception, I am sure that the guys themselves are not happy that only loose girls are at thet clubs they go to.
Re: Working Girls (Women) Avoiding Clubs and Parties? by CalabarMan(m): 4:34pm On Jun 24, 2005
The truth about this is that we guys don't help the situation, I have read a couple of postings here were outgoing babes are short of being called loose and that is totally unfair.

A female colleague of mine 4 years ago had this problem, so she called me up on a Friday and asked if I could take her clubbing she was bored stiff of staying at home and there was no bobo insight. I agreed on the condition that she wasn't my date, but we were two friends hanging out. So we went off to Charlies and I paid all the bills after which we proceeded to Bootleggers where she paid the bills but of course she gave me her money in the car before we alighted as she wasn't comfortable with paying the bill in open. Our partnership worked out very well I could discuss any topic with her, down to how daring some babes dressed, which kind of babes I liked etc without her being jealous. It became an every weekend event, we usually crash out at my place after clubbing, offcourse she slept in the guest room, afterall we were just friends. The friendship was great while it lasted but then like my people say you can't keep goat and yam together for too long without something happening, but that one na another matter which I am not allowed to discuss on NairaLand.
Re: Working Girls (Women) Avoiding Clubs and Parties? by Seun(m): 5:57pm On Jun 24, 2005
CalabarMan: but that one na another matter which I am not allowed to discuss on NairaLand.
You've got it grin. But, man, you seem to be a real player. Chei :-o!

Anyway, I believe it's possible to have fun without alcohol, smoke and noisy music.
Re: Working Girls (Women) Avoiding Clubs and Parties? by CalabarMan(m): 6:04pm On Jun 24, 2005
Haba Seun I no be player o!. Players are not emotionally involved in any of their relationships that is why they can run multiple accounts at the same time or hop from one to the other within very short intervals. I had very long and intimate relationships with all the babes I went out with. It really hurt my heart when I parted with most of them.
Re: Working Girls (Women) Avoiding Clubs and Parties? by Flint(m): 9:39am On Jun 27, 2005
Angelgal:

Flint would you honestly and seriously get involved in a relationship with a babe you met in the night club? Wouldn't you be wondering what she was doing there in the first place?

Unfortunately the night club has the appearance or indeed is a cess pool for guys looking for loose women. Even when a decent lady makes the choice of giving herself a good time, she is counted among the droves of loose gals hanging around the night club, worse still if she shows up alone.

Angelgal, with regards to your qn, yeah I can get into a relationship with a girl I meet in a party. The hilton incident was unfortunate though. I agree with Viera, there has to be changes in mindsets. Who says its only guys that are entitled to timeouts and partying? i know girls who work their butts off every week, some in the grueling oil service industries, and yet are they not "permitted" by soceity to party on friday nite without male company? . To get back to my 1st point, I admire adventurous pple, who are interesting company and not afraid to be themselves and laugh out loud. No one should be denied this.
Re: Working Girls (Women) Avoiding Clubs and Parties? by Nobody: 1:32pm On Jun 28, 2005
uhm, very interesting thread. glad to have read it. i concor with most of the views here.
Re: Working Girls (Women) Avoiding Clubs and Parties? by Nobody: 2:33pm On Jun 30, 2005
so i guess all my Nigerian girls can can only sing along with Faith Evans and not do exactly as she does in the song: "Goin' Out ". lovely song, see http://www.sing365.com/music/lyric.nsf/Goin'-Out-lyrics-Faith-Evans/06CB8D418419382348256FE30011F6A6
Re: Working Girls (Women) Avoiding Clubs and Parties? by legs(f): 7:14pm On Jun 30, 2005
CalabarMan:

The friendship was great while it lasted but then like my people say you can't keep goat and yam together for too long without something happening, but that one na another matter which I am not allowed to discuss on NairaLand.

ROTFWL ufang! na wah for you oh!
Re: Working Girls (Women) Avoiding Clubs and Parties? by hausachic(f): 3:43pm On Jan 22, 2006
i think working girls have other preoccupations than just hanging around clubs and parties. As a working girl myself, its not about the clubs or parties, its about the quality of entertainment,mental stimulation or networking one can achieve that apeals most. mindless clubbing and partying are things i did in my teenage years. so why carry on doing it? Dont get me wrong, i attend parties and go to clubs but its always where like minded individuals would be.
Re: Working Girls (Women) Avoiding Clubs and Parties? by Immortalme(m): 9:13pm On May 16, 2006
I concor wit u hausa chic. I hardly party these days. Most parties always end violently (becos of guys fighting over girls). This is the reason i avoid partying.
Re: Working Girls (Women) Avoiding Clubs and Parties? by uchie(f): 4:27am On May 23, 2006
For me and my friends, the reason we dont go to clubs or parties anymore is because guys dont want to date girls they see out every week, The prefer chicks whom every single guy in Lagos/PH/Abuja/whatever, doesnt know, not that these girls are doing anything bad while out, its just from my experience, guys prefer babes they meet in more serious zones or at least like a friends house,

Wat's ur take?
Re: Working Girls (Women) Avoiding Clubs and Parties? by maki(f): 1:17pm On May 25, 2006
am PHC working class girl and i love clubbing and hanging out so much grin grin
Re: Working Girls (Women) Avoiding Clubs and Parties? by Rhodalyn(f): 1:22pm On May 25, 2006
U tell them hun, U tell them cheesy cheesy
Re: Working Girls (Women) Avoiding Clubs and Parties? by crazyp(f): 11:14am On Jul 18, 2007
na waoo, what has Ph girls done again?

I am working and i also hang out if need be, so? wink
Re: Working Girls (Women) Avoiding Clubs and Parties? by superman(m): 1:00pm On Jul 18, 2007
yes calabarman! im convienced now u be reAL calabarman u no

she slept in the guest room, afterall we were just friends. The friendship was great while it lasted but then like my people say you can't keep goat and yam together for too long without something happening

as for me when i went to abuja whatever that club it called i was on my native wear after chillin out at the game sq nearby whatever, 1 o clock now me in the cue, the boucer was like u can't come in on your traditional wear, im like hey im nigerian and proud blah blah, he is like NO, ok now i went back to my hotel and redressed up like a soldier which u are ha in central area  i would guess it is
Re: Working Girls (Women) Avoiding Clubs and Parties? by suze(f): 11:01am On Nov 29, 2007
I dont see anything wrong in a working class girl going to clubs,

I am working class and i attend clubs.And i see alot of my working class people there both males and females.I love dancing a lot and I like to unwind on some fridays after work. But I'm choosy about the clubs i go too though. And it depends on the way u carry yourself and the kinda clubs one goes to before a girl can be thot of as a prostitute.
There are some clubs i would never go to. I dont want to mention names

But when i go to clubs,its either i'm with a guy or a group of friends. I never go alone.If you go to soul lounge on a wednesday, its mostly working class people that are there. Both males and females.

Soul lounge, slicks bar, jazz ville, coconut groove, saipan, bacchus, swe bar are all o.k to me.

If i go to bacchus, i go to the lounge upstairs
Re: Working Girls (Women) Avoiding Clubs and Parties? by D328babe: 11:59pm On Nov 29, 2007
suze:

I don't see anything wrong in a working class girl going to clubs,

I am working class and i attend clubs.And i see alot of my working class people there both males and females.I love dancing a lot and I like to unwind on some fridays after work. But I'm choosy about the clubs i go too though. And it depends on the way u carry yourself and the kind of clubs one goes to before a girl can be thot of as a prostitute.
There are some clubs i would never go to. I don't want to mention names

But when i go to clubs,its either i'm with a guy or a group of friends. I never go alone.If you go to soul lounge on a wednesday, its mostly working class people that are there. Both males and females.

Soul lounge, slicks bar, jazz ville, coconut groove, saipan, bacchus, swe bar are all o.k to me.

If i go to bacchus, i go to the lounge upstairs

Suze,

You're in lagos, It's a different Ball game in phc, trust me, !!
Re: Working Girls (Women) Avoiding Clubs and Parties? by spoilt(f): 2:08am On Feb 26, 2008
i guess its a case of been there, done that. there's dough to be made. let the students do the clubbing. its their time!!! grin

(1) (Reply)

Nitestay.com - Miccom Golf Resorts, Ada Osun - Picture Gallery / UK Visa Refusal TWICE Based In Tax And Lots More / Between Finland, Sweden, New Zealand And Australia Which Is Best For Relocation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.