Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,350 members, 7,808,219 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:57 AM

Would You Encourage Your Husband To Have Aonther Wife If You Guys Can't Have Children - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Would You Encourage Your Husband To Have Aonther Wife If You Guys Can't Have Children (1423 Views)

What Can Make You Forgive Your Wife If She Cheats? / Do You Encourage Beating Of Children By Teachers At Schools? / Ladies Would You Encourage Your Husband To Take A Second Wife If: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Encourage Your Husband To Have Aonther Wife If You Guys Can't Have Children by ryder4lyfe: 3:59pm On May 31, 2007
I konw of woman who allowed her husband to marry another woman cuz they could not have children together only that the new wife does not stay under d same roof with them.
What would u do if u were the 1st wife.
Re: Would You Encourage Your Husband To Have Aonther Wife If You Guys Can't Have Children by bebe2007(m): 4:32pm On May 31, 2007
Why would i let him bring in a second wife, never!!!! When my name is not Sarah. I would try all the reproductive technologies available today and even adoption. If IVF fails, then surrogacy it is, with his sperm of course. If they all fail, then adoption. If that doe not work out still then i would know it was never meant to be and rest my case. Afterall we married for better for worse. If it was the other way round would he allow me take a second Hubby? of course not!!!!
Re: Would You Encourage Your Husband To Have Aonther Wife If You Guys Can't Have Children by luxoire(f): 4:48pm On May 31, 2007
@poster

errmm that is a tricky one!!, surrogacy first, then adoption (if the fault is mine) if teh fault is his, IVF other artificial fertility treatments, or just plain old adoption.

I SHALL MARRY A MAN PRIMARILY FOR COMPANIONSHIP AND THEN A FAMILY (a family/kids any man can give me) but marriage is deeper and should mean more. So if we find we cant have kids, then we just deal with it.
Na monogamy i sign up for, not polygamy

obviously before i marry a guy, this is one issue wer shall thrash out throughly with all its eventualities!
Re: Would You Encourage Your Husband To Have Aonther Wife If You Guys Can't Have Children by frankiriri(m): 5:45pm On May 31, 2007
I am all for assisted birth measures and adoption
Re: Would You Encourage Your Husband To Have Aonther Wife If You Guys Can't Have Children by mekoyo(m): 6:03pm On May 31, 2007
I wont advice anyone to do that. I'll just advice them to wait for God's time.
Re: Would You Encourage Your Husband To Have Aonther Wife If You Guys Can't Have Children by adeboo(f): 6:56pm On May 31, 2007
This one is very tough.

God forbid i be in this kinda situation, its just not an ideal situation that anyone should be in.

Definately no woman will willingly 'let' her husband out for another woman to use.
I would have to say no.
Re: Would You Encourage Your Husband To Have Aonther Wife If You Guys Can't Have Children by cuteass1(f): 2:32am On Jun 01, 2007
Noo ooh, no second wife

The consequences are just too much and disheartening, hm hm, lai lai grin

Like someone else said, we'll adopt (God forbid i be in the shoe though but should incase), I'll rather do artificial insemination and the kid is ours

Second wives can be dangerous, family and home wrecking, peace and fun breakers, and before you know it, it graduates to "my own, her own, our own"

When you invite a lady to share your home and husband esp. on the grounds that you can't bear kids, you can as well wave your hapiness good-bye, Cos right before your two eyes it'll fly out the window

What i dislike most is the sharing and turns, *shaking head* Mba oooh, no, nei, nehi, no!!!
Re: Would You Encourage Your Husband To Have Aonther Wife If You Guys Can't Have Children by frankiriri(m): 6:55am On Jun 01, 2007
cute-ass:

Second wives can be dangerous, family and home wrecking, peace and fun breakers, and before you know it, it graduates to "my own, her own, our own"

Very true. I am from a polygamous family so I know where the shoe pinches.
Re: Would You Encourage Your Husband To Have Aonther Wife If You Guys Can't Have Children by cuteass1(f): 7:15am On Jun 01, 2007
frankiriri:

Very true. I am from a polygamous family so I know where the shoe pinches.

cry cry Sorry eehn, but no experience is a waste, now you know what you wouldn't put your own kids through wink
Re: Would You Encourage Your Husband To Have Aonther Wife If You Guys Can't Have Children by frankiriri(m): 7:35am On Jun 01, 2007
yes oh
Re: Would You Encourage Your Husband To Have Aonther Wife If You Guys Can't Have Children by frankiriri(m): 8:12am On Jun 01, 2007
Its not just my Kids I am considering. I am also considering my own peace and tranquility.
After all hell knows no fury like a woman scorned. I no fit shout
Re: Would You Encourage Your Husband To Have Aonther Wife If You Guys Can't Have Children by iyken(m): 3:48pm On Jun 01, 2007
He who went to forest and got maggot infested wood, called ants on visitation.

A man who by ommision or commision engages the services of a lady as second wife,

has only shortened his life span by x% where x>=20<=x"

A word they say is enough for the foolish wise.
Re: Would You Encourage Your Husband To Have Aonther Wife If You Guys Can't Have Children by uspry1(f): 5:21pm On Jun 01, 2007
Oh no!!!! God forbids me accepting second wives or polygamy if either of one of us can't have children. I do believe finding alternative methods of having children through either surrogacy or adoption.
Re: Would You Encourage Your Husband To Have Aonther Wife If You Guys Can't Have Children by hotchic1(f): 7:15pm On Jun 01, 2007
Thats like calling trouble to come into my house

Just pray i don't fall a victim of this but in case,it happens,i will try every other possible means and if none works,i will consider adoption.

I will never allow my husband to that ooooooooooooooo!

I heard somone saying,if you truly love your husband n care about his happiness you 'd leave him.
Re: Would You Encourage Your Husband To Have Aonther Wife If You Guys Can't Have Children by odada(m): 1:26am On Jun 06, 2007
@uspry1
this is getting outta hand?am sawry ok plzzz,i said it openly now!plzzz where are you? sad
Re: Would You Encourage Your Husband To Have Aonther Wife If You Guys Can't Have Children by uchetobi(f): 12:07pm On Jun 06, 2007
hell no
Re: Would You Encourage Your Husband To Have Aonther Wife If You Guys Can't Have Children by pku(f): 2:18pm On Jun 06, 2007
what sort of a question is this? what is wrong with adoption? And now medical technology has made it so simple!
Please no one in their right minds should ever consider this option o.
Re: Would You Encourage Your Husband To Have Aonther Wife If You Guys Can't Have Children by efuah(f): 4:07pm On Jun 06, 2007
hot chic:

Thats like calling trouble to come into my house]

exactly.

i pray it doesn't happen to me, but if it does,
there will be a way, cuz my Redeemer lives!
Re: Would You Encourage Your Husband To Have Aonther Wife If You Guys Can't Have Children by dankmen208(m): 1:20pm On Nov 28, 2007
efuah:

exactly.

i pray it doesn't happen to me, but if it does,
there will be a way, because my Redeemer lives!

AnyThing can happen
Re: Would You Encourage Your Husband To Have Aonther Wife If You Guys Can't Have Children by almondjoy(f): 9:09pm On Nov 29, 2007
Gladly--but I am so out of there! kiss
Re: Would You Encourage Your Husband To Have Aonther Wife If You Guys Can't Have Children by ifyalways(f): 10:59pm On Nov 29, 2007
no no no no
there should be another way out.
Re: Would You Encourage Your Husband To Have Aonther Wife If You Guys Can't Have Children by Tanzos: 6:33pm On Oct 04, 2009
Its usually called an infertile COUPLE!
what happens if the second wife comes in and its the same thing?
people are really funny sha!
Know a couple who had a similar issue for 17years without a child, the wife gave birth last december, can you beat that?
i still respect the man very much sha, getting a second wife seriously isnt always the solution, shikena!
Re: Would You Encourage Your Husband To Have Aonther Wife If You Guys Can't Have Children by Sissy3(f): 7:43pm On Oct 04, 2009
not a rocket science. i wouldnt NEVER agree unless of course i will leave
Re: Would You Encourage Your Husband To Have Aonther Wife If You Guys Can't Have Children by africhika(f): 8:29pm On Oct 04, 2009
no way.
there are toooo many orphans to adopt.
Re: Would You Encourage Your Husband To Have Aonther Wife If You Guys Can't Have Children by juicybabe(m): 3:20pm On Oct 05, 2009
I will not want to start what I will not finish hell NO!!!11
Re: Would You Encourage Your Husband To Have Aonther Wife If You Guys Can't Have Children by benincitys(f): 3:40pm On Oct 05, 2009
no and no
Re: Would You Encourage Your Husband To Have Aonther Wife If You Guys Can't Have Children by Fhemmmy: 8:32pm On Oct 05, 2009
Woman just cant share, regardless of the condition, so get thee behind me, satan.

(1) (Reply)

What would You Do If You See Your Parents Quarrelling? / Married And Deeply In Love With An Igbo Nigeria Boy,help Please: / Battered Housewife Sends Hubby To Prison

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.