Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,080 members, 7,807,229 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:22 AM

Why Are The Indians Taking All Our Jobs Away From Us In Our Own Country? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Why Are The Indians Taking All Our Jobs Away From Us In Our Own Country? (13416 Views)

Airtel’s Indians To Reduce Staff Salary By At Least 60%: Strike Action Looms / Since The Indians Are Taking Away So Much Jobs From Nigerians In Nigeria / Ericsson Moves To Sack Nigerian Employees, Hire Indians As Replacement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are The Indians Taking All Our Jobs Away From Us In Our Own Country? by Razorr(f): 8:54am On Jun 04, 2007
Thank You Big B1 for this thread.

I believe that a law should be made that limits the number of expatriates a Nigerian company can have in her Management.

In my company, the management has no faith in Nigerias.

The Accountant is Indian. The Marketing Manager is Indian. The Factory manager is Indian. The Store Keeper is Lebanese.

The General Manager is Lebanese.

The only two Nigerians in Management are the Chairman and the Human Resources Manager.

The only other Nigerians in the company are secretaries, personal assistants, technicians, e.t.c.

The Government needs to formulate a policy that would force companys to have Nigerians in half of their senior management positions.

Haba.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are The Indians Taking All Our Jobs Away From Us In Our Own Country? by sisimose(f): 3:09pm On Jun 04, 2007
tell me it is a lie please. tell me Indians are not taking the jobs back home. Because they do this anywhere they go, very leechy types. Here you will never see a black person working for an Indian, never happen, before you see white sef it is hard. they are very into themselves, take from you and never give back, where i live here my bank the Halifax was being run for years by a white guy and the staff there were very mixed, you had whites, blacks, Indian, oriental and one Greek girl(my fav) soon as the manager left in 2005 an Indian guy was put in charge and when i go in now for any banking the only faces i see in the branch are Indian staff, every single one of them is Indian. there are certain areas in the UK even if you are white you will never get a job, why? because an Indian is in charge and has all his friend's children working for him. This is the reality lets face it . I know nobody owes anyone a job, but that sort of practice breeds  resentment. Please if you think i lie check what happened between whites and Indians in Bradford, Leicester and Birmingham please.

They practice Nepotism to the fullest, Egoldman is correct in his post. those of you in Nigeria talking as if Nigerians don't work ,sit there all of you will see with your own eyes when the small job opening are no longer available to you because one Indian boss has already written employment letters to his nephew and cousins. somebody tell me it is not true abeg sad
Re: Why Are The Indians Taking All Our Jobs Away From Us In Our Own Country? by Iman3(m): 3:39pm On Jun 04, 2007
sisimose:

tell me it is a lie please. tell me Indians are not taking the jobs back home. Because they do this anywhere they go, very l[b]eechy types[/b].

Disgraceful racism
Re: Why Are The Indians Taking All Our Jobs Away From Us In Our Own Country? by Afam(m): 3:51pm On Jun 04, 2007
I-man:

Disgraceful racism

Hypocrisy at its highest point. What gives you the right to complain when you have done the same thing based on religion to insult the muslims and on race to insult the arabs?

You can use 10 different user IDs on this forum you can never hide.

Yesterday it was 4Play, now I-man, only God knows how many different IDs you have been using on a single forum.
Re: Why Are The Indians Taking All Our Jobs Away From Us In Our Own Country? by Iman3(m): 4:00pm On Jun 04, 2007
Its disgraceful racism,what do you think?  grin  grin Or do you support it?  grin  I forgot I was talking to a rabid anti-semite grin
Re: Why Are The Indians Taking All Our Jobs Away From Us In Our Own Country? by Tornadoz(m): 5:34pm On Jun 04, 2007
Chei chei chei!
I should have guessed I-man was 4play, they are never online at the same time. Hmm
Nice try , Lol.
Re: Why Are The Indians Taking All Our Jobs Away From Us In Our Own Country? by Tornadoz(m): 5:38pm On Jun 04, 2007
Working at the immigration dept years ago, I know Indians would arrive Nigeria with a technician's certificate but would apply for an engineers job. In those days, it was illegal for a foreigner to do a job Nigerians are equip to do.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are The Indians Taking All Our Jobs Away From Us In Our Own Country? by Iman3(m): 5:40pm On Jun 04, 2007
Tornadoz:

Working at the immigration dept years ago, I know Indians would arrive Nigeria with a technician's certificate but would apply for an engineers job. In those days, it was illegal for a foreigner to do a job Nigerians are equip to do.

So? Don't Nigerians do the same? Last week,it was Jews.This week Indians
Re: Why Are The Indians Taking All Our Jobs Away From Us In Our Own Country? by Tornadoz(m): 6:13pm On Jun 04, 2007
@I-man
So? Don't Nigerians do the same?
Tell this to the millions of unemployed Nigerians.
Re: Why Are The Indians Taking All Our Jobs Away From Us In Our Own Country? by Seun(m): 7:38pm On Jun 04, 2007
Indian is a third world nation just like Nigeria. They have hundreds of millions of poor and unemployed people.
Re: Why Are The Indians Taking All Our Jobs Away From Us In Our Own Country? by naijaway(m): 10:22pm On Jun 04, 2007
our government needs to have more faith in nigerians. They think cuz they are sleek means everyone else is. They need to treat foreigners especially outside of africa or from north africa different. When we nigerians go to all these places we are treated like shit.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are The Indians Taking All Our Jobs Away From Us In Our Own Country? by sisimose(f): 11:28pm On Jun 04, 2007
i have to laugh who cares about them being called leechy sounding racist? i don't . carry go jare!
Afam:

Hypocrisy at its highest point. What gives you the right to complain when you have done the same thing based on religion to insult the muslims and on race to insult the arabs?

You can use 10 different user IDs on this forum you can never hide.

Yesterday it was 4Play, now I-man, only God knows how many different IDs you have been using on a single forum.

thank you Afam you have talked it well well my pikin. any way back to topic grin
Re: Why Are The Indians Taking All Our Jobs Away From Us In Our Own Country? by sisimose(f): 11:30pm On Jun 04, 2007
naijaway:

our government needs to have more faith in nigerians. They think because they are sleek means everyone else is. They need to treat foreigners especially outside of africa or from north africa different. When we nigerians go to all these places we are treated like shit.

i agree completely

1 Like

Re: Why Are The Indians Taking All Our Jobs Away From Us In Our Own Country? by Iman3(m): 11:42pm On Jun 04, 2007
sisimose:

i have to laugh who cares about them being called leechy sounding racist? i don't . carry go jare!

You don't,because you are racist.What else can you say about someone who describes an entire people as leeches?

Describing an entire people as leeches does not merely sound racist.It is blatantly racist.If an Indian described black people as leeches,you would be outraged and rightly so.

tell me it is a lie please. tell me Blacks are not taking the jobs back home. Because they do this anywhere they go, very leechy types.
Re: Why Are The Indians Taking All Our Jobs Away From Us In Our Own Country? by Iman3(m): 11:44pm On Jun 04, 2007
If we were as dynamic,smart and hardworking as Indians,we would be the ones taking their jobs.Leechy types indeed.
Re: Why Are The Indians Taking All Our Jobs Away From Us In Our Own Country? by sisimose(f): 11:59pm On Jun 04, 2007
yes i am racist now what?
grin
Re: Why Are The Indians Taking All Our Jobs Away From Us In Our Own Country? by sisimose(f): 12:01am On Jun 05, 2007
Nigerians are dynamic and smart sweet chops, don't judge everyone by your standards ooo BTW have you got a grudge you want helping with? come on tell it to aunty sisi i am all ears. actually no thanks, i think we know you have been exposed as a dubious character here, so i can not enter into debate with a hypocrite and one found to have come here to deceive people Mr multi id. on your bike!
Re: Why Are The Indians Taking All Our Jobs Away From Us In Our Own Country? by Iman3(m): 12:02am On Jun 05, 2007
sisimose:

yes i am racist now what?
grin
Case closed.
Re: Why Are The Indians Taking All Our Jobs Away From Us In Our Own Country? by sisimose(f): 12:03am On Jun 05, 2007
back to topic jare!

very soon people will realize that the situation being addressed here is no joke. If only some would not deceive themselves, do we thinks the indians got so far by stabbing each other in the back? answer is NO.
measures should be taken like someone said here to make sure our interest are protected, sometimes i don't like quotas etc but i see the case for it. those here crying for the Indians , i f only you knew what they think of us. They think we are low caste humans for that reason why should i cry for them when they are smiling to the bank at our expense

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are The Indians Taking All Our Jobs Away From Us In Our Own Country? by Iman3(m): 12:52pm On Jun 05, 2007
I believe in freedom of labour.If a company wants to hire only Indians in senior management positions,let them do so.A company is an entirely private enterprise,the Govt has no business regulating the nationality of its staff.The company does not owe its existence to the Govt
Re: Why Are The Indians Taking All Our Jobs Away From Us In Our Own Country? by degoat: 2:54pm On Jun 05, 2007
I'm not Big b1's fan, but this is biggy at his best. This is a crucial topic that requires our collective attention before it's too late.

By I-man
I believe in freedom of labour.If a company wants to hire only Indians in senior management positions,let them do so.A company is an entirely private enterprise,the Govt has no business regulating the nationality of its staff.The company does not owe its existence to the Govt

Mr.I-man, do not get upset when an Indian man is running for Lagos state governor in few years, because this is where we are heading. The pride of our country is on the table for sale and I'm sure that it will be sold very soon if we continue to disregard important issue like this.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are The Indians Taking All Our Jobs Away From Us In Our Own Country? by Iman3(m): 3:41pm On Jun 05, 2007
degoat:

By I-man
Mr.I-man, do not get upset when an Indian man is running for Lagos state governor in few years, because this is where we are heading. The pride of our country is on the table for sale and I'm sure that it will be sold very soon if we continue to disregard important issue like this.

If he is qualified to run ,why not
Re: Why Are The Indians Taking All Our Jobs Away From Us In Our Own Country? by laudate: 4:21pm On Jun 05, 2007
Tornadoz:

Chei chei chei!
I should have guessed I-man was 4play, they are never online at the same time. Hmm
Nice try , Lol.

Una just dey realise say na one and di same person dem be? Kai! Una dey slow o. grin
Re: Why Are The Indians Taking All Our Jobs Away From Us In Our Own Country? by sisimose(f): 6:27pm On Jun 05, 2007
very slow.  grin
and the fact that he was trying to act like a new person was what Afam was talking about and is true , because when you read what he posted before we were told, he was using his new name to attack those he had issues with and basically was being dubious, if he was honest and said oh guys by the way it is me 4play my name has changed it would have been ok,thiefofhearts changed names and told all about it,i don't care very much for her but i respect the fact she was honest about that
Even I-man/4play's online friends didnt know his new persona.it is not a crime to change names completely but don't try and be smart and come at me or anyone else you don't like on Nairaland it all i say.  Anyway it is all gravy lmao

@topic
well i i will say is lets wait and see, what ppl say in a few years .
degoat:

I'm not Big b1's fan, but this is biggy at his best. This is a crucial topic that requires our collective attention before it's too late.

By I-man

i agree oh. dem can call me racist that is no skin off my nose. i find it bizzare people who have no strong self belief. I live in the Uk and when people say '' oh all these effing immigrants taking our jobs'' now when whites say this , i do know where they are coming from.I am not stupid enough to think just becos i am here i can take liberties.
Re: Why Are The Indians Taking All Our Jobs Away From Us In Our Own Country? by 50kobo: 7:07pm On Jun 05, 2007
I-man:

this is not a case of racism, xenophobia or control of private enterprise.  Every country should defend its own first, put its people's first.  No country is this world is 100% free market. The state has a role in the private sector,  its not about controlling nationality of who is employed.  In most countries, there are immigration laws that ensure that locals are considered for a job before a forienger,  in the UK if a  comapny wants to employ  a non UK citizen,  they have to prove that the UK citizens could not do the job,  before a foreigner is employed,   

In Nigeria,  it is which foreigner can do the job first, before they think of nigerians,   the case is not just about the indians but about our   labour policies in our country and general preference over anything/anyone not nigerian!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are The Indians Taking All Our Jobs Away From Us In Our Own Country? by sisimose(f): 7:17pm On Jun 05, 2007
thank you , there are always controls, like we are saying if the govt do not lay down those rules, we will see wahala for naija.
Re: Why Are The Indians Taking All Our Jobs Away From Us In Our Own Country? by azorjiu(m): 7:39pm On Jun 05, 2007
50kobo:

this is not a case of racism, xenophobia or control of private enterprise.  Every country should defend its own first, put its people's first.  No country is this world is 100% free market. The state has a role in the private sector,  its not about controlling nationality of who is employed.  In most countries, there are immigration laws that ensure that locals are considered for a job before a forienger,  in the UK if a  comapny wants to employ  a non UK citizen,  they have to prove that the UK citizens could not do the job,  before a foreigner is employed,   

In Nigeria,  it is which foreigner can do the job first, before they think of nigerians,   the case is not just about the indians but about our   labour policies in our country and general preference over anything/anyone not nigerian! 

Spot on.

I find the assumption that that nigerians are not as diligent as indians rather ludicrous. I have worked with people from all races and come to a conclusion: Ones attitude to work is a function of the individual. It is absolutely independent of race or breed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are The Indians Taking All Our Jobs Away From Us In Our Own Country? by naijaway(m): 8:58pm On Jun 05, 2007
I man, did you say if they are qualified, they should run for governor. That statement was probably a joke right, cuz if u'r nigerian u 'll know that it is very impossible. How many black local government chairmen do they have in India. I agree dat we need to step our game up to be the contractors of the whole of Africa that way we can be the ones making and selling to the world.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are The Indians Taking All Our Jobs Away From Us In Our Own Country? by Nobody: 2:12am On Jun 06, 2007
I-man:

If you believe in freedom of labour (whatever that is), then you should be against hiring people based on origin. If a company decides to hire only Indians, that is discrimination and it goes against your "freedom of labour". You contradict yourself and have no clue what you're talking about i.e., you're an idiot. Another dumbass that has no clue what freedom means!

I believe that every individual; should be given an EQUAL opportunity to work where they want, and not be discriminated against bAsed on ethnicity. Now that is freedom of labour.
Re: Why Are The Indians Taking All Our Jobs Away From Us In Our Own Country? by DisGuy: 4:37pm On Jun 06, 2007
all these people that read economic textbooks and spit what they read without understanding it sef. what in this world are you think.

why do you think australia,canada, uk and some other countries have immigration point or some form of hsmp type of schemes. dont you know they are protecting their own citizens?

if a company goes out to hire 'only indians' that is blatant racism!!
Re: Why Are The Indians Taking All Our Jobs Away From Us In Our Own Country? by DisGuy: 4:43pm On Jun 06, 2007
These systematic racism will continue until we sort out our education system, labour laws and also re-programme the IT and nysc schemes. most students in nigeria dont not have acess to relevant work experience whereas an indian can easy write about his several years working for patel and ghupta off liecense in mangement positions. remeber those job ads with 5year min work experience and no more than 22years old wink

razorr whats the smell like in your office grin
Re: Why Are The Indians Taking All Our Jobs Away From Us In Our Own Country? by Razorr(f): 5:10pm On Jun 06, 2007
Dis Guy:

razorr whats the smell like in your office grin

Have you ever been to a babalawo's shrine?  grin   grin  Naaa. I mean Cele prophet.  grin

*I hope my boss doesn't see this o* grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

House Of Representatives Intervenes In Diamond Bank Staff Retrenchment Dispute / Who Is Your Role Model? / 7 Reasons Why You Should Keep Away From Office Politics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.