Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,019 members, 7,806,980 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:10 AM

Kia Optima Vs Hyundai Sonata - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Kia Optima Vs Hyundai Sonata (5337 Views)

Photo: Kia Vs Volkswagen Vs Mini Cooper Vs Hyundai / Bmw X6 2007 Vs Hyundai Sante Fe 2014 / Kia Cerato 2013 Vs Hyundai Elantra 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kia Optima Vs Hyundai Sonata by blank(f): 6:26pm On Dec 11, 2010
I am torn between d 2 cars (both 2010 models). I av d option of getting d Kia with full options but with 2.0litre engine or d Sonata with fabric seats but 2.4litre engine.
Wish I could get d 2011 models but dey r way over my budget. Or are there any cars out dere within d same price range such as an Audi, VW or Mazda?
Pls comments would be appreciated. Just give me pros n cons den I will make up my mind. Thanks people. Help a sista out.
Re: Kia Optima Vs Hyundai Sonata by blank(f): 8:41pm On Dec 11, 2010
Pls someone shld say something. pls share ur knowledge.
Re: Kia Optima Vs Hyundai Sonata by PrinceLex1: 10:10pm On Dec 11, 2010
I am sure they are no less than 3m. With that budget you can get better pre-owned cars from nigeria here or from the united states e.g 2008/2009 Honda Accord, 2008/2009 toyota camry.

If you still insist on those two above, then i'd without a second thought go for the Hyundai sonata, its a better car.

a.k.a VIPERMAN
Re: Kia Optima Vs Hyundai Sonata by victor08(m): 12:24am On Dec 12, 2010
Go for the KIA OPTIMA -The product is good. i have been dealt with Hyundai some years back.

1 Like

Re: Kia Optima Vs Hyundai Sonata by RICHIEBOI1(m): 2:36am On Dec 12, 2010
go for the 2010/2011 hyundai sonata. the car sweeps me off ma feet!!! wink

Re: Kia Optima Vs Hyundai Sonata by RICHIEBOI1(m): 2:37am On Dec 12, 2010
more

Re: Kia Optima Vs Hyundai Sonata by blank(f): 3:55am On Dec 12, 2010
Thanks o Richie but dat 2011 model is way over ma budget.
@ Viperman, Would av loved 2 buy a better car but its a gift n dats how d person wants it.
Pls more opinions will be welcome. I am so grateful 4 d responses I av already gotten.
Re: Kia Optima Vs Hyundai Sonata by Lord34: 1:11pm On Dec 12, 2010
oga hyundai sonata seems very good, if the price is god i like to buy hyundai sonata2010

soo pls how much hyundai sonata2010 n can we get it from nigeria thanx
Re: Kia Optima Vs Hyundai Sonata by oluagness(m): 1:26pm On Dec 12, 2010
Close your eyes and pick one. Send the remaining one to me. God loves a cheerful giver grin grin grin
Re: Kia Optima Vs Hyundai Sonata by femy2010(m): 4:03pm On Dec 12, 2010
I would go for the Sonata. grin
Re: Kia Optima Vs Hyundai Sonata by sultaan(m): 5:54pm On Dec 12, 2010
Both are the same just under different names.

I don't know who told you the 2011 is more expensive than the 2010, but I am very sure if you can afford the 2010, you can get the 2011 for same price. Whatever MSRP you are looking at they will give you discounts and rebates if you ask.(up to $4000 off)

http://www.hyundaiusa.com/sonata/

Because its end of year they'll like to sell off everything to balance books
Re: Kia Optima Vs Hyundai Sonata by Mex: 12:02am On Dec 13, 2010
sultaan:

Both are the same just under different names.

I don't know who told you the 2011 is more expensive than the 2010, but I am very sure if you can afford the 2010, you can get the 2011 for same price. Whatever MSRP you are looking at they will give you discounts and rebates if you ask.(up to $4000 off)

http://www.hyundaiusa.com/sonata/

Because its end of year they'll like to sell off everything to balance books

the 2011 is an all-new model and is a bit more expensive than the 2010. Not only that, its selling like crazy so there isn't much need for them to give rebates, but you can get rebates for the 2010 model (cos they need to clear the stock) which makes it all the more cheaper than the 2011 Aside that the difference b/w hyundai and kia , in most cases, is just styling; the two cars are basically the same underneat, just with different sheetmetal styling and in some cases different suspension set-up, with the hyundai being tuned more for ride comfort and kia a bit more for handling. Both are equally reliable, being basically the same car in different cloths, so its just for her to go for what appeals more to her, is it features? in which case she should pick the more loaded one , or is it performance? in which case she should go for the bigger engined car. rest assured you'll enjoy one as much as the other.
Re: Kia Optima Vs Hyundai Sonata by blank(f): 1:27am On Dec 13, 2010
Thanks Mex n all 4 ur contributions. God bless.

(1) (Reply)

Blackberry Partners With Qualcomm To Power Future Smart Cars / It Is Very Important You Scan Your Air Conditioning System Before Repair / How Often Should D Fuel Filter In A Tokunbo Car Be Changed?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.