Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,340 members, 7,780,895 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:22 AM

Can't Download From The Internet - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Can't Download From The Internet (776 Views)

How Do I Download From Torrents Site With Simple Server / How To Download From 4shared.com Without Log In or Registration / How To Use Your Blackberry As A Modem To Browse The Internet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can't Download From The Internet by chet(m): 7:51pm On May 31, 2007
Please dear nairalanders, i need help with my system. I can't seem to download anything from the internet anymore. After running for so long, it says "the specified path or file can not be located. You might not have the permission to view or access them".
Please, i don't know what to do. Can anyone tell me what to do to solve the problem.
Thank you so much.
Re: Can't Download From The Internet by Maleeq(m): 8:13pm On May 31, 2007
Does your system at times just freezes and no matter what you do, or how long you wait, it never recovers until you reboot?
Re: Can't Download From The Internet by chet(m): 8:20pm On May 31, 2007
Maleeq:

Does your system at times just freezes and no matter what you do, or how long you wait, it never recovers until you reboot?
It did once or twice sometime ago, but hasn't in a very long time. Everything seems to be fine, aside from the downloading aspect.
Re: Can't Download From The Internet by Maleeq(m): 8:25pm On May 31, 2007
Ok. So, the file starts downloading then you get the error message right? Do you receive same error message while accessing or saving files on your hard disk? I had a problem like that once only the error message was different- "Delay Write Failure". It turned out the hard disk was giving up the ghost
Re: Can't Download From The Internet by Maleeq(m): 8:33pm On May 31, 2007
chet:

it says "the specified path or file can not be located. You might not have the permission to view or access them".

Is your system in a network environment? Only then would access/rights issues be a case to consider. Cos it's possible to have write access to a folder but not read access. A case like this would still give you a permission warning. Solution to this is to log on with the owner/account that created the directory you are saving to.
Re: Can't Download From The Internet by 9ja4eva: 9:51pm On May 31, 2007
Yu right

Make sure u have full access in the profile u r in.It shld work den

(1) (Reply)

Free Sms / Pls Help Urgent Acer Travelmate / Who Has A Vga Card For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.