Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,038 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:12 AM

Guys, What Happened To Tinapa! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Guys, What Happened To Tinapa! (5780 Views)

What Happened To Tinapa? / Why Is The Federal Govt Killing Tinapa? / Donald Duke: A Fraud Or Visionary? (Tinapa) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Guys, What Happened To Tinapa! by jason12345: 3:09am On Dec 12, 2010
I loved the idea of this project. it was meant to economically the east and ss but it just faded out! whats up with that?
Re: Guys, What Happened To Tinapa! by jason12345: 3:11am On Dec 12, 2010
we all should try to patronise it because lagos is too congested and abuja should be our capital so we need something in the east and ss. what do you all think?
Re: Guys, What Happened To Tinapa! by aljharem(m): 3:13am On Dec 12, 2010
wrong, it was in calabar an ibiboi state
not for the ss or se

ss(ijaws and itsekiri) already have port harcount although igbos now claim it which i think it is wrong

tinapa is in cross river state

i think they should have built it in abuja and see how it would grow
Re: Guys, What Happened To Tinapa! by jason12345: 3:17am On Dec 12, 2010
alj harem:

not for the ss or se

ss(ijaws and itsekiri) already have port harcount although igbos now claim it which i think it is wrong

we should not look at it from an ethnic point of view. instead, lets us try to patronise and develop it. it can only be good for nigeria not bad undecided. it would also reduce the unemployment over there.
Re: Guys, What Happened To Tinapa! by chyz(m): 3:21am On Dec 12, 2010
alj harem:

not for the ss or se

Never knew itsekiris were from port harcourt, I always thought they were from sokoto state. Also, i never knew calabar was an ibibio state.

1 Like

Re: Guys, What Happened To Tinapa! by aljharem(m): 3:21am On Dec 12, 2010
jason12345:

we should not look at it from an ethnic point of view. instead, lets us try to patronise and develop it. it can only be good for nigeria not bad undecided. it would also reduce the unemployment over there.
jason,,,,,jasonnnnn angry angry

i agree with u but most people are scared of the east because of the cannibalistic tendency and also from this forum u can clearly see how some igbo's think

i think it would have been better and also would have generated more revenue if it was built in abuja

just my opinion
Re: Guys, What Happened To Tinapa! by jason12345: 3:21am On Dec 12, 2010
chyz:

Never knew itsekiris were from port harcourt, I always thought they were from sokoto state. Also, i never knew calabar was an ibibio state.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Guys, What Happened To Tinapa! by aljharem(m): 3:22am On Dec 12, 2010
chyz:

how would u know have u been to those places

also do u want to claim cross rive as an igbo state angry angry
Re: Guys, What Happened To Tinapa! by jason12345: 3:24am On Dec 12, 2010
alj harem:

jason,,,,,jasonnnnn angry angry

i agree with u but most people are scared of the east because of the cannibalistic tendency and also from this forum u can clearly see how some igbo's think

i think it would have been better and also would have generated more revenue if it was built in abuja

just my opinion

i get you but i think we should decentralise the economic power of nigeria. i know the igbos are very hard working and it would only be good for nigeria.

about the cannibalism,
its only some certain areas and it has nothing to do with the wider igbo. also, its dying out gradually!
Re: Guys, What Happened To Tinapa! by chyz(m): 3:27am On Dec 12, 2010
alj harem:

how would u know have u been to those places

also do u want to claim cross rive as an igbo state angry angry

Hey all I'm saying is that I never knew that. I'm going to doubt you though neither am i going to search form itsekiri history and villages in port harcourt,that would be like searching for oil in Zamfara state. sad
Re: Guys, What Happened To Tinapa! by Abagworo(m): 3:27am On Dec 12, 2010
alj harem:

not for the ss or se

Look before you leap for you have made a very ignorant ethnic remark.

Calabar is an Efik city while Port Harcourt is majority Ikwerre-a sub-Igbo and partly Okrika-a sub-Ijaw.(Just a correction)

As for Tinapa,it is up and bubbling.Try to visit and you will not get any space because the accomodation in Calabar and environs is already exhausted.

We should always look beyond this issue of accusing Igbos of trying to claim a place simply because they feel at home wherever they reside in Nigeria.It should have been appreciated as a good step for all Nigerians to follow for this country to be truly united.
Re: Guys, What Happened To Tinapa! by Blazay(m): 3:30am On Dec 12, 2010
Abandoned project by olodo rabata Donald de 'Daffy Duck' Duke of Hazzzards!!!

Citizens who cannot eat one meal a day going for 'honeymoon' in Tinapa.

White elephant jungle project.

What a m0r0n.
Re: Guys, What Happened To Tinapa! by jason12345: 3:30am On Dec 12, 2010
Abagworo:

Calabar is an Efik city while Port Harcourt is majority Ikwerre-a sub-Igbo and partly Okrika-a sub-Ijaw.(Just a correction)

As for Tinapa,it is up and bubbling.Try to visit and you will not get any space because the accomodation in Calabar and environs is already exhausted.

We should always look beyond this issue of accusing Igbos of trying to claim a place simply because they feel at home wherever they reside in Nigeria.It should have been appreciated as a good step for all Nigerians to follow for this country to be truly united.

true that!
i even try to visit there when i go to nigeria!!! cheesy. God bless Nigeria!!!
Re: Guys, What Happened To Tinapa! by jason12345: 3:31am On Dec 12, 2010
Blazay:

Abandoned project by olodo rabata Donald de 'Daffy Duck' Duke of Hazzards!!!

Citizens who cannot eat one meal a day going for 'honeymoon' in Tinapa.

What a m0r0n.

it was not a mistake! it was to economically jump start the region!!!
Re: Guys, What Happened To Tinapa! by Blazay(m): 3:35am On Dec 12, 2010
^^^

It did just that didn't it? cheesy

Jump start the economy without security and basic amenities.

Like the moo moo Fashola with his GPS project in the slums of Lagos.

Nigerians, with their upside down thinking brains.

Oh boy. . . try go dia and get the kidnapping treatment of you life.

No roads to even to there without losing your life by air, sea or road.
Re: Guys, What Happened To Tinapa! by jason12345: 3:38am On Dec 12, 2010
Blazay:

^^^

It did just that didn't it? cheesy

Jump start the economy without security and basic amenities.

Like the moo moo Fashola with his GPS project in the slums of Lagos.

Nigerians, with their upside down thinking brains.

i would if only nigerians drop their insecurity and patronise them. the capital to provide security and the basic amenities would come from the revenue generated from tinapa.

about the GPS stuff,
my friends in nigeria use it, so it works although not perfectly but it works!!!
Re: Guys, What Happened To Tinapa! by Blazay(m): 3:43am On Dec 12, 2010
Behold the Tinapa nightmare.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkzCiTQfQ_k
Re: Guys, What Happened To Tinapa! by Blazay(m): 3:48am On Dec 12, 2010
jason12345:

i would if only nigerians drop their insecurity and patronise them. the capital to provide security and the basic amenities would come from the revenue generated from tinapa.

about the GPS stuff,
my friends in nigeria use it, so it works although not perfectly but it works!!!

You expect people to travel all the way to CR to buy Gucci watches, when you are safer going out of the country to do just that?

You can't be serious. cheesy

I would rather to to South Africa. . . before those kidnappering menders. . . . kidnap and mend your butt for ransom, If you survive the mayhem.

Will not even shop in Lagos. . . not to mention Tinapa in the jungle of Southern Naija. cheesy

Maybe in the next 50 years when I am dead.

Good luck bro.
Re: Guys, What Happened To Tinapa! by jason12345: 3:48am On Dec 12, 2010
Blazay:

Behold the Tinapa nightmare.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkzCiTQfQ_k

making fun of it does not help matters. its because people do not patronise it that's why its like that. why don't you do your bit to help the project?
Re: Guys, What Happened To Tinapa! by jason12345: 3:51am On Dec 12, 2010
Blazay:

You expect people to travel all the way to CR to buy Gucci watches, when you are safer going out of the country to do just that?

You can't be serious. cheesy

I would rather to to South Africa. . . before those kidnappering menders. . . . kidnap and mend your butt for ransom, If you survive the mayhem.

Will not even shop in Lagos. . . not to mention Tinapa in the jungle of Southern Naija. cheesy

Maybe in the next 50 years when I am dead.

Good luck bro.

do you even know why they become criminals? its because they have no jobs, its because of the economic starvation that has been imposed on them, its because they have no choice!
Re: Guys, What Happened To Tinapa! by Blazay(m): 3:54am On Dec 12, 2010
jason12345:

making fun of it does not help matters. its because people do not patronise it that's why its like that. why don't you do your bit to help the project?

I intend to do absolutely nothing.
Not till the Nigerian government bridges that gap between the so called thieving rich and the poor, will such projects mean Jack or Jill to people like myself,

Please. . .I would rather fight for visa to Togo or Ghana where my life is safe from Nigerian police men and the secluded 'come get me i am a rich man' Tinapa resort.

I have children to think about sir.

Happy jollification. . . my life ain't that cheap.

Give me Las Vegas anyday. cool
Re: Guys, What Happened To Tinapa! by GAR3TH(m): 3:55am On Dec 12, 2010
CROSS RIVER STATE GOVERNMENT AND SIX FLAGS ANNOUNCE
STRATEGIC PARTNERSHIP TO DEVELOP THEME PARK IN NIGERIA

The Government of Cross River State of Nigeria and Six Flags, Inc., (OTC Bulletin Board: SIXFQ) the world's largest regional theme park company, announced today plans to develop a Six Flags branded theme park in Calabar Cross River State as part of the State's “Destination Tourism” development plan.

Under the binding agreement, Six Flags will provide concept development and master planning services to Cross River State Government for the creation of a Six Flags branded theme park located on approximately 250 acres (100 hectares) contiguous to Tinapa Business Resort. Once the initial phase is finalized, Six Flags and CRSG will collaborate on the detailed design, development, construction and management of the location. The park is scheduled to open in 2013. . .

more

http://www.sixflags.com/national/footerNav/News_NigeriaPartnership.aspx

so business is going to increase with six flag's investment.
Re: Guys, What Happened To Tinapa! by jason12345: 3:56am On Dec 12, 2010
GAR3TH:

CROSS RIVER STATE GOVERNMENT AND SIX FLAGS ANNOUNCE
STRATEGIC PARTNERSHIP TO DEVELOP THEME PARK IN NIGERIA

nice one!!!!

Blazay:

I intend to do absolutely nothing.
Not till the Nigerian government bridges that gap between the so called thieving rich and the poor, will such projects mean Jack or Jill to people like myself,

Please. . .I would rather fight for visa to Togo or Ghana where my life is safe from Nigerian police men and the secluded 'come get me i am a rich man' resort.

I have children to think about sir.

Happy jollification. . . my life ain't that cheap.

Give me Las Vegas anyday. cool

blazay, you sound Ghanian. are you? grin
Re: Guys, What Happened To Tinapa! by Blazay(m): 3:59am On Dec 12, 2010
jason12345:

nice one!!!!

blazay, you sound Ghanian. are you? grin

Maybe. wink
Re: Guys, What Happened To Tinapa! by Blazay(m): 4:02am On Dec 12, 2010
Welcome to Obudu Cattle Ranch. . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWfDIdMUmFM&feature=related

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Q6uPAchwWg&feature=related

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0usvBGEywc8&feature=related

No cattle. . .
No humans. . .

Deserted and abandoned. grin

[size=16pt]Beauty without character is like a ring on a pig's snout![/size]
Re: Guys, What Happened To Tinapa! by Blazay(m): 4:08am On Dec 12, 2010
Abagworo:

Igbo peeps already promoting their kidnapping trade on NL for the holidays.

Tell them say you nor meet us for house. cheesy

Who wants to travel all the way to Tinapa to grab a good time in Naija? undecided

For less than 100,000k, I can organize a classic joint of a resort in my backyard. . . with correct catering/wining and dining services. Security guaranteed with correct sleeping quarters for my guests. Live band and all.

Correct crowd too. . . instead of catching ring worm in some pool not washed for centuries in some Tinapa of a resort.

Besides, to have a good time in Naija, you need your kind of crowd. . . not yoro-yoro Alaba/Aba/Onitsha vacationing traders pissing all ova the whole facility and excreting all over the flower beds/blowing their nostrils all over the curtains in the bar areas.

Good lord!

1 Like

Re: Guys, What Happened To Tinapa! by mensdept: 4:55am On Dec 12, 2010
Blazay:

Igbo peeps already promoting their kidnapping trade on NL for the holidays.

Tell them say you nor meet us for house. cheesy

Who wants to travel all the way to Tinapa to grab a good time in Naija? undecided

For less than 100,000k, I can organize a classic joint of a resort in my backyard. . . with correct catering/wining and dining services. Security guaranteed with correct sleeping quarters for my guests. Live band and all.

Correct crowd too. . . instead of catching ring worm in some pool not washed for centuries in some Tinapa of a resort.

Besides, to have a good time in Naija, you need your kind of crowd. . . not yoro-yoro Alaba/Aba/Onitsha vacationing traders pissing all ova the whole facility and excreting all over the flower beds/blowing their nostrils all over the curtains in the bar areas.

Good lord!

What is this rubbish for?
Re: Guys, What Happened To Tinapa! by strangerf: 6:20am On Dec 12, 2010
^^^^

That's Blazay, the resident schizophrenic.
Re: Guys, What Happened To Tinapa! by sochan: 7:03am On Dec 12, 2010
@Abagworo,
you always speak with a lot of maturity.

I think all this ethnic bashing should come to an end, it is getting too much, and in most cases obscures the main point.

back to the main issue.

Tinapa, in my opinion should have been done on a smaller scale. I had major arguments about its location for very good reasons, but top of them was the accessibility of the place. calabar is nice, but just not central enough, you will struggle to attract the sort of clientelle that will make the place a resounding success.
Re: Guys, What Happened To Tinapa! by Abagworo(m): 10:08am On Dec 12, 2010
The truth is that the Tinapa situation is too complex for some of us to understand.Has anyone ever asked why someone residing in Calabar must have to import his goods through Lagos even when there is a seaport at his backyard.I have been to Tinapa twice and really had some good time and I advice any bouyant Nigerian not to waste his money travelling abroad for honeymoon.Calabar is a city of romance and is a good starting point for a lifetime romance.
Re: Guys, What Happened To Tinapa! by KokoBeware: 10:24am On Dec 12, 2010

I think all this ethnic bashing should come to an end, it is getting too much, and in most cases obscures the main point.

back to the main issue.

Tinapa, in my opinion should have been done on a smaller scale. I had major arguments about its location for very good reasons, but top of them was the accessibility of the place. calabar is nice, but just not central enough, you will struggle to attract the sort of clientelle that will make the place a resounding success.
When last did u visit Tinapa or calabar?? Tinapa is almost a failed project, its a pity how we waste money and resources in this country, imagine executing such a wonderfull project and abandoning it, u only need to go there and u'll see how the place is falling apart when it has not even been used, spyrogyra everywhere, most companies dat collected shops have not been able to open, The Nollywood studio i dnt even thnk it has been used, its only the water park and the hotel that is striving,

i'm still trying to figure out the major cause of its downfall, i think majorly its a change of government, Imoke dosn't seem to have the vision of Donal Duke so he has virtually abandoned the place,
However calabar is still a wonderful place to visit,
Re: Guys, What Happened To Tinapa! by SapeleGuy: 10:30am On Dec 12, 2010
Abagworo:

The truth is that the Tinapa situation is too complex for some of us to understand.Has anyone ever asked why someone residing in Calabar must have to import his goods through Lagos even when there is a seaport at his backyard.I have been to Tinapa twice and really had some good time and I advice any bouyant Nigerian not to waste his money travelling abroad for honeymoon.Calabar is a city of romance and is a good starting point for a lifetime romance.

The situation is very straightforward. Tinapa is being held down for purely selfish reasons - to discredit Donald Duke. Ask yourself this simple question, do you really believe that OBJ, Yaradua and now Jonathan can not get rid of the federal government red tape that is strangling the project?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Boko Haram Vows To Escalate Violence With Somali Training / Fuel Subsidy Fraudsters Granted Bail / PHOTO: This Is How Packed The Paris Concert Venue Was Right Before The Attack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.