Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,685 members, 7,801,974 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:17 AM

Verbal Attack: Fayose’s Family Apologises To Obj - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Verbal Attack: Fayose’s Family Apologises To Obj (6069 Views)

Fayose,Family Members Not Barred 4rm Traveling 2 US,Kids US Visa Valid:Aide(pics / Lai Mohammed Must Explain Adamawa & Borno Attack - Fayose / Rain Of Curse On Governor Ayo Fayose Family (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Verbal Attack: Fayose’s Family Apologises To Obj by LocalChamp: 11:02am On Dec 13, 2010
Verbal attack: Fayose’s family apologises to OBJ

Written by Kolawole Daniel, Abuja

Monday, 13 December 2010

THE family of former governor of Ekiti State, Mr Ayodele Fayose, at the weekend, condemned the utterances of their son against former President Olusegun Obasanjo and tendered an apology to him.

It will be recalled that Fayose and Obasanjo were reportedly engaged in altercation at the thanksgiving ceremony in honour of the former governor of Osun State, Prince Olagunsoye Oyinlola.

Addressing a press conference at the weekend, in Abuja, a younger brother to the former governor, who is an aspirant to the House of Representatives, Emmanuel Fayose, said he was “briefing the press on behalf of Fayose’s family.”

He said the action of his elder brother was condemnable, adding that the family decided to apologise to set the record straight that members of the family did not support him on that particular incident.

“I am here to react to the face-off between my brother, Ayo and Chief Obasanjo. I think my brother went too far. We thought we should apologise, that is why I am here to apologise on behalf of the family that we are sorry for the utterances of my brother against Obasanjo,” he said.

http://tribune.com.ng/index.php/news/14654-verbal-attack-fayoses-family-apologises-to-obj
Re: Verbal Attack: Fayose’s Family Apologises To Obj by Pukkah: 12:20pm On Dec 13, 2010
I would like to take the apology from the so-called politician brother of Ayodele Fayose with a pinch of salt.  He's a politician anyway who was probably trying to use that opportunity to bring attention to himself.  It is Ayodele Fayose himself that should apologise and seek penance from Obasanjo, if there's a need for the apology, and not some seemingly opportunistic politician (may be he is even a member of Obasanjo's PDP) who decided to dissociate himself from the issue by addressing the press in Abuja.
Re: Verbal Attack: Fayose’s Family Apologises To Obj by Money177E(m): 12:27pm On Dec 13, 2010
What a way to gain political support~ I guess Ayo fayose himself will be cursing you by now we all know that nobody sent your on that mission- but you only trying to save your political future and career~ Your brother Ayo fayose is no coward like you** tongue tongue

LOOKING FOR CHEAP POLITICAL SUPPORT
Re: Verbal Attack: Fayose’s Family Apologises To Obj by Blazing99: 12:45pm On Dec 13, 2010
Money177 £:

What a way to gain political support~ I guess Ayo fayose himself will be cursing you by now we all know that nobody sent your on that mission- but you only trying to save your political future and career~ Your brother Ayo fayose is no coward like you** tongue tongue

You hit the nail right on the head.

Kudos to Fayose a most expressive human being, one of the only men to challenge Obj in a war of words,
Re: Verbal Attack: Fayose’s Family Apologises To Obj by daphil: 12:58pm On Dec 13, 2010
A cripple that takes purging medication, has created problem for his family (they must be ready to carry him to the toilet as many times as possible).
Re: Verbal Attack: Fayose’s Family Apologises To Obj by bisiaet: 1:14pm On Dec 13, 2010
Whatever we called it its left to the guy to search his heart if what he said was mere apology or seeking relevance in political stardom. In a real sense to be honest with ourselves in term of his nativity where Ayo Fayose came from "an elder must be accorded a respect no matter what" so Fayose failed in that aspect it deos not matter OBJ was bad we all knew it already who Obj is but he lost his head to such a misgiuded utterance as a child that was well brought up from a responsible home.

He claimed to be educated but guys you need to meet this guy called Ayo Fayose one-on-one He is never a responsible person, damn too raw in his uterrances a garage tout conduct himself mannerly than this guy called Ayo Fayose so the brother knows his senior brother well and what he can do this is honest truth.

His brother may have political ambition and be seeking POLITICAL relevance but that is all about politics he would not because his senior brother is a mad man and allow that to ruin his career. Beside his senior brother may be naughty, rude and disrespectful that does not mean he too should be or support him every body has his own life to live for God sake. Afterall one Yardua family took an oath of office under Jonathan Govt. which all the family of Yar'dua were so angry and against then but the guy insisted to carry on accepting the office so can we called that seeking a relevancy or looking for favour? I guess NO, so what make the different in this case?

Ayo need to go and apologise even after his brother apologised he should go by himself and apologise it deos not matter who OBJ is we all knew him(OBJ) well but he is an elder and a former president for goodness sake.
Re: Verbal Attack: Fayose’s Family Apologises To Obj by tunyus(m): 1:33pm On Dec 13, 2010
Money177 £:

tank u my broda, I am very sure nobody in the family send this dunce this message de guy is just an attention seeker, :, ayo fayose is a fearless Man and not a coward like u , FOOOOOL.
Re: Verbal Attack: Fayose’s Family Apologises To Obj by Calsito: 1:55pm On Dec 13, 2010
Why should he apologise,when he was not the offender? He should allow the offender to apologise.
Re: Verbal Attack: Fayose’s Family Apologises To Obj by niyyie(m): 1:57pm On Dec 13, 2010
On of the things keeping Nigeria backward is FEAR. Apologize for what? For saying your mind? Come on. Its anyone's right to think OBJ is Nigeria's problem. It is their right to express that thought.
Re: Verbal Attack: Fayose’s Family Apologises To Obj by Nobody: 2:12pm On Dec 13, 2010
The guy brought shame to his family by attacking obj.it simply means he can do that to his father in the public.
Re: Verbal Attack: Fayose’s Family Apologises To Obj by icare1: 2:53pm On Dec 13, 2010
respect is earned and due to a man when he respect himself.that a man is old enough to be your father does not make him your father.

if fayose replied obj he , obj deserves it. if you are an elder act like an elder, you will be treated as an elder.
Re: Verbal Attack: Fayose’s Family Apologises To Obj by Boboribo: 3:13pm On Dec 13, 2010
Is it the culture in Ekiti for the younger to apologise on behalf of the elder? Its unheard of in my place.
Re: Verbal Attack: Fayose’s Family Apologises To Obj by crackhouse(m): 3:20pm On Dec 13, 2010
why should he apologize, for what reason?. is he afraid?, kai! naija people are cowards and that's why the politicians match on our heads everyday.
Re: Verbal Attack: Fayose’s Family Apologises To Obj by Nobody: 3:21pm On Dec 13, 2010
i care:

respect is earned and due to a man when he respect himself.that a man is old enough to be your father does not make him your father.

if fayose replied obj he , obj deserves it. if you are an elder act like an elder, you will be treated as an elder.

Let's put politics aside.Culturally in yorubaland,an adult is always right.fayose has no right to attack obj in the public or even privately.It simply means that he can do to his father.Respect is due to adults in yoruba culture and such custom is binding on fayose.he's a bast-ard
Re: Verbal Attack: Fayose’s Family Apologises To Obj by Nobody: 3:27pm On Dec 13, 2010
Boboribo:

Is it the culture in Ekiti for the younger to apologise on behalf of the elder? Its unheard of in my place.

Yes, if the elder is a jackass.
Re: Verbal Attack: Fayose’s Family Apologises To Obj by TayoUK(m): 3:30pm On Dec 13, 2010
Apologise for what?

This is politics issue and cultures should be left out of it.

Whatever happens to freedom of speech sha!
Re: Verbal Attack: Fayose’s Family Apologises To Obj by Nobody: 3:33pm On Dec 13, 2010
crackhouse:

why should he apologize, for what reason?. is he afraid?, kai! naija people are cowards and that's why the politicians match on our heads everyday.

Apology does not mean you are afraid or cowardly. It means you were wrong and sorry for what you did.
And that is noble.
Re: Verbal Attack: Fayose’s Family Apologises To Obj by sesal: 3:36pm On Dec 13, 2010
I think most people are missing the point here. fine OBj is evil himself, but what exactly did he said to Fayose for him to attack OBJ like that. I know Fayose very well. the same thing he did that sent him packing from the state house in Ekiti. the elders said he was rude. lets call a spade a spade. Fayose stepped beyond the line on this one.
Re: Verbal Attack: Fayose’s Family Apologises To Obj by leonaidas(m): 3:51pm On Dec 13, 2010
Nonsense!!!
Re: Verbal Attack: Fayose’s Family Apologises To Obj by Kilode1: 4:10pm On Dec 13, 2010
He said the action of his elder brother was condemnable, adding that the family decided to apologise to set the record straight that members of the family did not support him on that particular incident.

“I am here to react to the face-off between my brother, Ayo and Chief Obasanjo. I think my brother went too far. We thought we should apologise, that is why I am here to apologise on behalf of the family that we are sorry for the utterances of my brother against Obasanjo,” he said.

I thought OBJ called their "son" a B.tard.

I guess In the Fayose family, Politics is thicker than Blood.
Re: Verbal Attack: Fayose’s Family Apologises To Obj by tpia1: 4:12pm On Dec 13, 2010
the brother is wise.
Re: Verbal Attack: Fayose’s Family Apologises To Obj by anonimi: 4:13pm On Dec 13, 2010
Chase the Hooligans-in-Power (HiPs) out and vote in better candidates.

Remember to RSVP -

Register;
Select and sponsor(your candidates);
Vote;
Protect your votes;

Let this be our motto for this election period.
Copy and text the motto to as many as possible on your GSM and several times during the voter registration period.
One Man, One Vote!!!
Re: Verbal Attack: Fayose’s Family Apologises To Obj by bisiaet: 4:14pm On Dec 13, 2010
It doesnt matter what name any body called it I stand on the fact that Ayo Fayose went too far Obj did not said anything wrong to him in that fateful day to warranted such outburst. This was the same thing he normally do in his state when he was a governor and was booted out Please posters radicalsm or political hardline does not mean madness for God sake.

If he as an issue with OBJ is not on that ground where they were invited to an ocassion of such magnitude its so bad and uncalled for. It does not matter OBj is evil or not lets called a spade a spade Ayo was wrong absolutely  
period!!!!!!!!
Re: Verbal Attack: Fayose’s Family Apologises To Obj by AYOGHANDI: 4:37pm On Dec 13, 2010
I am still angry with Fayose for not beating up that old vulture. Obasanjo deserves more than that, his experience at the airport and Fayose's own are tips of the iceberg. More would still come. He will pay dearly for all his atrocities in the Southwest.
Re: Verbal Attack: Fayose’s Family Apologises To Obj by Nobody: 4:46pm On Dec 13, 2010
AYO GHANDI:

I am still angry with Fayose for not beating up that old vulture. Obasanjo deserves more than that, his experience at the airport and Fayose's own are tips of the iceberg. More would still come. He will pay dearly for all his atrocities in the Southwest.

You spoke like AYO TYSON, not AYO GHANDI. Whatever happened to passive resistance.
Re: Verbal Attack: Fayose’s Family Apologises To Obj by tunyus(m): 4:50pm On Dec 13, 2010
~Bluetooth:

The guy brought shame to his family by attacking obj.it simply means he can do that to his father in the public.see rubish dat u are saying, dis is politics.hw dare obj call him a bastard,so fayose av evry right to call him the Father of Bastard
niyyie:

On of the things keeping Nigeria backward is FEAR. Apologize for what? For saying your mind? Come on. Its anyone's right to think OBJ is Nigeria's problem. It is their right to express that thought.
thank you oo.let dem know.
Re: Verbal Attack: Fayose’s Family Apologises To Obj by dayokanu(m): 4:51pm On Dec 13, 2010
Bluetooth,

You are yarning OPATA, In Yorubaland An elder is expected to put himself in the position of an elder. If he fails to do so, He becomes an object of ridicule and deserves no respect.

Yorubas say: Agbalagba t i o ba so agbado mo idi, So ara re di alawada adire ( An elder who ties a corn to his waist becomes the playmates of chickens).

What kind of respect did OBJ accord his elders like Awolowo during his life to deserve being respected? Even the Oyinbos say As you lay your bed so you lie on it.

Fayose was spot on for the tirade on OBJ and I believe every Yoruba man should wake up in the morning and heap curses on OBJ for selling our hallowed fatherland to rogues like Alao-Akala and Adedibu
Re: Verbal Attack: Fayose’s Family Apologises To Obj by Kilode1: 4:56pm On Dec 13, 2010
~Bluetooth:

Let's put politics aside.Culturally in yorubaland,an adult is always right.

I thought Fayose is an adult too. hmm I may be wrong though.
Re: Verbal Attack: Fayose’s Family Apologises To Obj by Nobody: 4:56pm On Dec 13, 2010
dayokanu:

Bluetooth,

You are yarning OPATA, In Yorubaland An elder is expected to put himself in the position of an elder. If he fails to do so, He becomes an object of ridicule and deserves no respect.

Yorubas say: Agbalagba t i o ba so agbado mo idi, So ara re di alawada adire ( An elder who ties a corn to his waist becomes the playmates of chickens).

What kind of respect did OBJ accord his elders like Awolowo during his life to deserve being respected? Even the Oyinbos say As you lay your bed so you lie on it.

Fayose was spot on for the tirade on OBJ and I believe every Yoruba man should wake up in the morning and heap curses on OBJ for selling our hallowed fatherland to rogues like Alao-Akala and Adedibu

Political differences are not settled by fisticuffs. I don't think a former governor of my esteemed state should reduce himself to the level of a motor park tout just to make a point.
Re: Verbal Attack: Fayose’s Family Apologises To Obj by tunyus(m): 5:04pm On Dec 13, 2010
AYO GHANDI:

fayose really Bleep up for not beating up the uselless man,or beta still he should av even BRAKE BOTTLE ON HIS HEAD.
Re: Verbal Attack: Fayose’s Family Apologises To Obj by KnowAll(m): 5:42pm On Dec 13, 2010
Fayose is politically dead with fayemi at the helms of affair in Ekiti State. Fayemi would probably get a second term, where does that leave fayose, I would not be suprised that by 2019, Fayose would be as penniless as a church rat and a raving lunatic as any mad man one has seen on the streets of Lagos. The fact is, OBJ has finished the guy completely, the guy has no relevance in this world anymore probably if comes back again he would learn how to respect elders. In a way I pity the poor soul, but I no send am, na im cause for himself.

One of his numerous excessive was been rude to the ewi of Ado-Ekiti amongst other things, the boy does not know what humility is, I think he has a cause on his head.
embarassed
Re: Verbal Attack: Fayose’s Family Apologises To Obj by Alxmyr(m): 5:46pm On Dec 13, 2010
Fayose once abuse his own father, Pastor Oluwayose and even ridicule the old man in death. We all know the battle that engulf the family about where to bury Fayose's dad. It is typical of him. The unfortunate is that the gangster bears the tag of Ekiti state which has often been in the News for negative thing.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Explosions Rocks Nnebisi Road In Asaba / 240 New Factories In A Year By MAN / INEC Honours 77 Outstanding Staff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.