Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,275 members, 7,780,617 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 05:41 PM

Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (100) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! (76364 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 / Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (97) (98) (99) (100) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by MrTA(m): 10:22am On Jul 19, 2011
SAF has said, Sneijder is not happening so hopefully that is that, case closed.

Watch as he unveils Sneijder by the weekend now. angry
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by coogar: 10:36am On Jul 19, 2011
Ibime:

According to Montelik: Smalling can adapt to defensive midfield.

Please don't do the abilities needed for midfield a disservice. Smalling is a semi-professional footballer with amazing physical superiority and good tackling and reading of the game, but he is the worst passer in the top two divisions (Premier League and Championship). I've been watching Smalling closely, and I don't think he has ever completed a pass to a team-mate in his career. Even at the Under 21s, all he does is hoof the ball upfront.

Smalling ko! Midfield ni! Wetin concern fish with raincoat?

oh shut your dirty traps. . .smalling is better than david luiz, alex, ivanovic and john terry cloned together. where do you get lethargic statistics from.
in 09/10, smalling completed 216 out of his 293 passes. in 10/11, he completed 369/470 passes. i guess the ones he completed were passed to ghosts and not his team-mates.

you just come here thinking you can feed us scraps you plucked out from the stratosphere - go to the chelsea thread where plonkers like you abound and leave chris smalling alone. in the just concluded under21, he was england's best player by a mile. in the games he's featured for united. . . .he has looked excellent next to world class defenders. he's only 21 and in 3 yrs, he will match what john terry has achieved in terry's entire career minus sleeping with wayne bridge's missus.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by Nobody: 10:40am On Jul 19, 2011
coogar:

oh shut your dirty traps. . . . .smalling is better than david luiz, alex, ivanovic and john terry cloned together. [b]where do you get your slow statistics from.[/b]in 09/10, smalling completed 216 out of his 293 passes. in 10/11, he completed 369/470 passes. i guess the ones he completed were passed to ghosts and not his team-mates.
Wondering too. . .
It's amazing how folks come up with opinions.
Especially when they want desperately to appear superior to others. . .
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by Ibime(m): 10:56am On Jul 19, 2011
coogar:

oh shut your dirty traps. . .smalling is better than david luiz, alex, ivanovic and john terry cloned together. where do you get lethargic statistics from.
in 09/10, smalling completed 216 out of his 293 passes. in 10/11, he completed 369/470 passes. i guess the ones he completed were passed to ghosts and not his team-mates.

Thats a 78% completion rate as compared to Vidic, Rio and Evra who all scored in the mid-to-high 80's. Second of all, Smalling does not pass to anyone other than his fellow defenders with no pressure on the ball unlike Vidic, Rio and other class defenders who step up into midfield with risque passes. The stats you have just provided prove my assertion that Smalling is a piss-poor passer.

You can compare that with 88.4% for John Terry, 93.1% for Alex, 82% for Ivanovic and 86% for Ashley Cole. Truly, Smalling is a "semi-professional" passer of the ball especially as he never makes any other pass except to the closest defender. . . or hoofs the ball out of play.

http://www.thechels.co.uk/keeping-the-ball-pass-completion-201011/

Read this:

Giggs also offered United a calm, reliable passing route out of defence – something they desperately needed, with neither Nemanja Vidic nor Chris Smalling having a good game with the ball at their feet. Ferguson has been impressed with the way Smalling has deputised for Rio Ferdinand in recent weeks, but while his defensive work has been excellent, he has a long way to go before becoming as assured in possession as the former England captain. Smalling played too many wayward, ambitious passes when under little pressure at Upton Park, and ended the game with a 62% pass completion rate – the last time Ferdinand played a Premier League game, against Aston Villa, his was 83%.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2011/apr/04/premier-league-chalkboard-analysis

Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by coogar: 11:03am On Jul 19, 2011
Ibime:

Thats a 78% completion rate as compared to Vidic, Rio and Evra who all scored in the mid-to-high 80's. Second of all, Smalling does not pass to anyone other than his fellow defenders with no pressure on the ball unlike Vidic, Rio and other class defenders who step up into midfield with risque passes. The stats you have just provided prove my assertion that Smalling is a piss-poor passer.

You can compare that with 88.4% for John Terry, 93.1% for Alex, 82% for Ivanovic and 86% for Ashley Cole. Truly, Smalling is a "semi-professional" passer of the ball especially as he never makes any other pass except to the closest defender. . . or hoofs the ball out of play.

http://www.thechels.co.uk/keeping-the-ball-pass-completion-201011/

yes, let's compare a 20 yr old to vidic rio and evra who are seasoned professionals. let's compare him to terry, alex, ivanovic and ashley cole who are internationals for their respective countries. 78% pass completion rate is not piss-poor for a 20 yr old stepping up to the plate to play for the biggest club in the world. passing it is not the greatest attribute of a defender. . . .the tackles, the physicality and the reading of the game(positioning) is the key!
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by Ibime(m): 11:04am On Jul 19, 2011
coogar:

passing it is not the greatest attribute of a defender. . . .the tackles, the physicality and the reading of the game(positioning) is the key!

So whats your point? I said he is a great defender but his passing is too piss-poor to play midfield after Montelik suggested he could play DM.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by coogar: 11:05am On Jul 19, 2011
Ibime:

So whats your point? I said he is a great defender but his passing is too piss-poor to play midfield after Montelik suggested he could play DM.

you said he has never completed a pass to a team-mate. . . . .so the 78% pass completion is to who? old trafford fans?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by Ibime(m): 11:10am On Jul 19, 2011
C'mon mehn, why should I have to explain to a grown man the meaning of "tongue-in-cheek"?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by coogar: 11:18am On Jul 19, 2011
Ibime:

C'mon mehn, why should I have to explain to a grown man the meaning of "tongue-in-cheek"?

that ain't tongue-in-cheek. . . .that's tongue in brain. . . . .

you have managed to compare a 20 yr old chris smalling to ferdinand(32), vidic(30), ashley cole(30), alex(29) and your conclusion was he's piss-poor when the % difference in pass completion isn't even up to 10%. let us compare josh mceachran's passing stats to xavi, scholes, denilson, etc as well, can we?
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by debosky(m): 11:35am On Jul 19, 2011
Don't y'all know Ibime's analysis is more watery than a bowl of peppersoup? cheesy

Very soon he'll say Young is can't score a goal to save his life because his best tally is less than 50% of Ronaldo's best. cheesy cheesy
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by Ibime(m): 12:05pm On Jul 19, 2011
debosky:

Don't y'all know Ibime's analysis is more watery than a bowl of peppersoup? cheesy

I know say hungry man peppersoup is always watery, but my peppersoup is always full of "activity". You cant touch the bottom of my pot of peppersoup due to interference from stockfish, kpomo, cowfoot and goatmeat. tongue
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by chamotex(m): 1:01pm On Jul 19, 2011
debosky:

Very soon he'll say Young is can't score a goal to save his life because his best tally is less than 50% of Ronaldo's best. cheesy cheesy

His brother[i] Nateevs[/i] also said Young may never play for England again cos he signed for Manchester United grin grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by montelik(m): 1:16pm On Jul 19, 2011
When did we sign Balotelli's brother?  undecided

Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by debosky(m): 1:33pm On Jul 19, 2011
chamotex:

His brother[i] Nateevs[/i] also said Young may never play for England again cos he signed for Manchester United grin grin grin

Well there you go - chelski fans are universally full of shiite. cheesy
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by mukina2: 1:47pm On Jul 19, 2011
Hi guys

can one of you do a new thread please.
Re: Manchester United Fan Thread: In Fergie We Trust! by mukina2: 2:00pm On Jul 19, 2011

(1) (2) (3) ... (97) (98) (99) (100)

Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 / UEFA Champions League 2018/19 Draw / Real Madrid vs Barcelona, Spanish Super Cup (2 - 0) On 16th August 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.