Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,803 members, 7,806,243 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:28 PM

Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here - Family (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here (36120 Views)

Dear Parents, in whose care have you left your child? Pics! / Have you Ever Lost Pet a That Was So Dear To The Family? / Have You Ever Lost Your Wallet? How Did You Feel? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by Nobody: 11:34pm On Jun 08, 2012
I have several candles to light. I guess I'd have to settle for one big candle for them all.

My heart bleeds when I think of all those I've lost. Sometimes, it makes me ponder (dangerously) on how God thinks.

However, I have decided to ponder less and move on constructively...until I can move no more!
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by obyikye(f): 8:50pm On Jun 09, 2012
First and foremost i light a candle for my dad. pa-pa you left a vaccum which no one has been able to fill. Second candle to my little baby girl whose death almost got depressed if not for God's kindness. Sleep on till we meet to part no more. May the souls of the faithful departed through the mercy of God rest in peace-AMEN.
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by naanmin(f): 6:42am On Aug 08, 2012
Im back again! ;(
Lighting a candle for Uncle Inno who passed away on 31st july. Miss you soo much!
Mad love shown @your burial was impressive and kaka was quite strong surprisingly. Love
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by idy4eva: 8:42pm On Aug 10, 2012
I light a candle 4 d greatest human I ever met. My uncle... O. E. Johnson who ws kidnapped and killed on Aug. 4,2011. Papa... I love u. Rest in PERFECT PEACE
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by Amari(f): 7:16am On Aug 11, 2012
I'm lighting this candle for all the youths who were my schoolmates in AGGS,asaba and UNIBEN but died in the course of their studies,especially Peace Osayem who i always quarrelled with and never really liked back then but died after our SSCE,and Precious Samuel who graduated as the overall best student in her set but died before her service. I cant seem to forget you all.
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by blessed4ril(f): 2:00am On Aug 13, 2012
I light a candle 4 my dearest elda broda Ekene Okonkwo! Broda I luv u n miss u soooo Much n can giv any tin,jus anytin 2av u bac,2av jus one moment wit u again! U left dis world in ur prime,witout even sayin goodbye! Wot append 2 all d plans n dreams u had? I write dis wit tears in my eyes! Jus wishin I can jus be wit u even if its 4jus one more tym! U can neva imaagine hw evrybody in d family misses u evry passin second! RIP broda! Its 2 painful n hurts soooo much!
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by naanmin(f): 5:33am On Sep 02, 2012
Lighting a Candle for Barr. VDD whom we lost on 28th of August 2O12. Rest in Peace. Will modify this when im strong enough. You are deeply loved and would be sorely missed
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by Peaches90(f): 7:30pm On Sep 05, 2012
I light a candle for my mom- Florence Omoboja. I've missed u every single day from when u gave up in my arms @ 4:02pm on 22nd Sept, 2003.
I wish there was sumthing i could av done to avert the tragedy of losing u. I've never known any other sort of love, from anyone, since u left me. This vacuum can never be filled...I've learnt to live with this pain and to take care of myself. Rest on Mummy Temi till we meet again!
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by Nobody: 9:51pm On Sep 05, 2012
I lost my only child CHIZUBEREM NWACHUKWU last year april 12th 2011 to hydrocephalus.he died from complication after surgery.I miss you baby boy.you made me a proud mother.you were a complete replica of me.I love you and will never forget you.I used your name as my moniker on NL just to remember you always.RIP son!
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by funmzee(f): 10:26pm On Sep 05, 2012
I light a candle 4 my dad,daddy mii, I miss u. It still like a dream; Mummy nd Jnr are feeling u so much. Also I light anoda candle 4 my Uncle Ebenezer who departed a week b4 daddy's death,continue 2 rest in d Lord. Daddy mii,RIP

2 Likes

Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by august7: 3:01pm On Sep 07, 2012
i light a candle for my mum who died last year from cancer.its still fresh in my heart and i still cry wheni think of you.you were so gentle loving and peaceful.i miss you so so much mummy and i pray you continue to rest peacefully in the lord.igi da eye fo lo.
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by bisiswag(f): 12:44pm On Sep 08, 2012
Oh,i light a candle for my late fiance,first a classmate,later a friend,then a lover' Oh i miss him so,but i have to carry on. I get panic attacks wenever i think about him. I miss u babe,always and forever will. Adieu to my classmate,best friend,lover,twin brother frm anoda mother,and my sweethrt. May the good lord give me the courage to date again and meet someone who was as gifted,faithful,intelligent,compassionate,kind,thoughtful and old fashioned as u were. Kissess my dear' May the heavens embrace you.
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by folashademii: 9:28pm On Dec 20, 2012
I light a candle for my sweet daddy Ganiyu Adekola Jimoh.Daddy, Your death is a big blow to me and i am yet to recover from it. I told you i was coming to see you and you said you would be expecting me. The next thing i heard was the rude news of your death. I am still in pains you know.am crying right now. your kind loving heart is rare to find. I told myself today that if we both happen to be in a warzone, you will tell me to run along and leave you so i wont come into harms way.such is the depth of your love for your children. you often went hungry while we had the last food at home. you never denied us of anything.You loved us with a deep and complete love. I love you so much daddy and will greatly miss you.Shola said Grandpa has gone to Jesus and the Angels. Am pretty sure you are with them. Eniolorunmo, sun re o.
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by XtremeBase(f): 12:12am On Dec 21, 2012
I light a candle for Nana Yakusak. You were a sister, my bestfriend, my muse. I will always love you. Its been 16 years and i still miss you so.
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by Nobody: 12:42am On Dec 21, 2012
My Mama.
The most extraordinary woman I have ever known.

I love you. You're my shining star.
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by Nobody: 8:22pm On Dec 21, 2012
I light a candle for my mum who left ds world 2 b wit God on d 22nd of march 2007.
Mum U wia simply d best, u showed us d way 2 follow. I cant bt thank God 4 given u 2 me as a mother.
We luv u mum, ur memories r stil fresh in our hrts nd wil continue 2 b. I miss so dearly dat most tyms I wish it neva hapned.
Mum since u left alot ve rily changed, top on d list is dat am almost at d end of d journey we started 2geda jst dat am nt hapi cos u r no more. But knwin d fact dat u r wit HIM UPSTAIRS is my consolation. Pls continue 2 watch ova ur children.

Dad luvs u, Emy luvs u, Chy luvs u nd I luv u bt God luvs u more.

1 Like

Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by bikay(f): 6:36pm On Dec 23, 2012
Death is an inevitable end.
I'm lighting 4 candles; for
My mum who passed away on march 6th, 1990
My dad who passed away feb 16th, 2004
An elder brother who passed away in october, 2004 and
Another elder brother who just passed away last week dec 15th, 2012
Its really tough losing a luvd one but God knows best.
I pray that God forgives them of their sins, grant them eternal rest n continue to keep d family they left behind(amen)
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by Rebe: 9:11pm On Dec 25, 2012
One million candles can never be enough for you Bro Elijah, my prophet of fire sad sad. I was looking forward to the day I will walk down the aisle with you but alas death didn't permit that. 5th June 2011 remains the saddest day of my life, I miss you every single day. Thinking of you used to bring smiles to my face but now I shed bitter tears whenever I remember you (which is often). Your sudden passing is too sad to be true, its still a terrible nightmare I wish to wake up from. One thing is sure - God is forever faithful, my God is in the heavens, He has done that which pleases Him.Nothing will ever separate me from the love of God - Not even your sudden demise. Though it hurts terribly I will still keep loving, trusting and serving God because there is no unrighteousness in Him.
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by mcdokwe(m): 8:58am On Jul 23, 2013
If lighting candles it is, then I would light streets up for my all in one daddy, I call him the patient farmer. Mr Boniface Ugochukwu Ofoegbu whom the good lord deemed fit to take on the 4th of may 2013, just about when he should reap a harvest. Life has been different without you, but I can't but thank God for the privilege of having had you as a father. My only wish now is that you find peace with God. Rest in peace dee Ugo, as for living, you sure will live as long as I do
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by madampresident(f): 7:42am On Jul 24, 2013
This candle i light for you purity.....Its been 4years.I miss you and sometimes I feel your presence,dont know if its just my imaginations but sometimes i feel you are speaking to me.

Goodbye my friend.
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by jansie(f): 10:48pm On Jan 14, 2015
Adieu Papa, till we meet again
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by Vintagee: 11:01am On Jan 28, 2016
Tears couldn't stop flowing as I read through this thread.
I light a candle for my Dad. It's been 11 years now but the memory is still fresh. Your last days were really painful cos of your sickness and we all watched as you couldn't even do a thing by yourself. More painful dat I was not with u when u passed away only to get that call from my brother on that early morning.
It still hurts like yesterday but my consolation is that you are resting with the lord.
Adieu Daddy. I love U

1 Like

Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by SSPX(m): 8:47am On Jan 29, 2016
may the souls of all the faithful departed through the mercy of God rest in peace.
I light candle for my elder sister who died in the year 2008 from diabetes you left so early due to no money and neglect from our parent.
and guess what mother is down with the same sickness. but she is doing fine
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by Marvel1206: 9:29am On Jul 30, 2017
Hmmm
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by Arielle: 9:12pm On Jul 30, 2017
I would like to light a candle for my husband Victor Ogun, who passed away on the 19th of July 2017...2 weeks ago. He was buried on Friday. Still can't believe. Don't think I will ever feel normal again. What do I do with all this pain? I try to read, write, I pray, sing hymns, play with my boys. I have to be strong for their sake. Lord take away this pain in my heart. I will never stop missing you my darling. You are free from pain now. Rest in the Lord.
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by elantraceey(f): 9:19pm On Jul 30, 2017
Arielle:
I would like to light a candle for my husband Victor Ogun, who passed away on the 19th of July 2017...2 weeks ago. He was buried on Friday. Still can't believe. Don't think I will ever feel normal again. What do I do with all this pain? I try to read, write, I pray, sing hymns, play with my boys. I have to be strong for their sake. Lord take away this pain in my heart. I will never stop missing you my darling. You are free from pain now. Rest in the Lord.

Please accept my condolence MA cry May God strengthen you.
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by czarina(f): 10:00pm On Jul 30, 2017
Arielle:
Really sorry ma'am... God's strength on you and the boys
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by tyson98: 10:31pm On Jul 30, 2017
Arielle:
Am touched so sorry for the loss!
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by Geniero: 7:42am On Jul 31, 2017
I lit a candle for my kid brother Lawrence (bobo) who passed away March 12th..We miss you so much and we pray for God's perpetual light to shine upon you.. cry cry cry

2 Likes

Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by Lumpyy(f): 4:40pm On Aug 02, 2017
[quote author=Arielle post=58990493]I would like to light a candle for my husband Victor Ogun, who passed away on the 19th of July 2017...2 weeks ago. He was buried on Friday. Still can't believe. Don't think I will ever feel normal again. What do I do with all this pain? I try to read, write, I pray, sing hymns, play with my boys. I have to be strong for their sake. Lord take away this pain in my heart. I will never stop missing you my darling. You are free from pain now. Rest in the Lord.[/quote
So sorry madam,may the Lord cause His face to shine upon you and the boys,you will never mourn again IJN!!
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by Chommieblaq(f): 9:47pm On Aug 02, 2017
This thread got me crying.
I lit a candle for my Dad. It's been 21 years since you left this world, it wasn't easy at all, growing up without a father figure, the struggles and all. I do imagine what it would have been if you were still around. Thank God for mum.
Another candle for my Cousin Tochukwu, it's been 14 years, yet the eye are still moist.
Another candle for my friend and inlaw Iyke Komo, it's been 7 years now, the boys are 8 now and the girl is 6,your wife, struggling with it all, heart still heavy and the eyes are still moist.
Yet another candle for Tochi my cousin, that left free weeks ago at the young age of 21, the tears are yet to dry.

I thank God for being part of your lives. May yours souls and the souls of all the faithful departed through the mercy of God Rest In Peace.
Jie nu nkeoma
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by odeguaomon(f): 8:18pm On Aug 03, 2017
l light a candle for my mom Who passed away on the 6th of April 2017.No matter what I do to move on from this pain,deep down inside l will always know that I will never get to hug my mom again.l will forever love you mom.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Woman Wants Her Hubby Sacked For Attacking Her Gigolo With Cutlass In Ekiti / Why Do Most Marriages Breakup Within 5 Years These Days? / Living With My Parents Is Putting Me At A Disadvantage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.