Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,164 members, 7,780,160 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:20 AM

Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here (35952 Views)

Dear Parents, in whose care have you left your child? Pics! / Have you Ever Lost Pet a That Was So Dear To The Family? / Have You Ever Lost Your Wallet? How Did You Feel? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by 1forall: 7:05pm On Jul 04, 2007
Wow this is a great thread!
Kudos nanaboi

This candle is lit for my brother Aisa who died on his son's 1st birthday October 31, 2003
I (and the rest of the family) have healed through the strength in Jesus {though the scar remains}
If only you knew how much I love you. . . yes I still do!

I miss you everyday

I know my life would be different if you were around here

Femi, Jisola and Jibola have all grown now, I know you can see them

I cant cry because I'm stronger than that now

I'll always love you
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by tayo4me(f): 9:25pm On Jul 04, 2007
i light a candle for my paternal grand-mother. i was just five years old when she passed on. another candle for my aunty who passed on at age 27, then a third for my uncle who passed on at age 44 without getting married, not to talk of having a child
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by richiex(m): 12:45am On Jul 05, 2007
i want to light a candle for my immediate elder sister who passed away in the year 1995 @ age 13. Though we fought like cat and mouse, i still taste the bitter memories whnever i remember when i thru sand on your coffin cry cry cry
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by richiex(m): 1:25am On Jul 05, 2007
I also light a candle for my uncle who died in japan. You left a beautiful wife and priceless daughter who is just 5 years old now. I feel terrible when she asks after her dad, that's one qusetion that einstin will find difficult to Answer. You r a real gem and we won't forget you till the last day.

I also light a candle for my grand ma who passed on july 2006. We miss your motherly words of wisdom and we pray you rest in the bossom of the lord.
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by dibosa187: 7:00am On Jul 05, 2007
God bless the soul of Grandma & Grandpa who passed away on October 31,1998 and October 15, 2002 respectively.I'll also like to light a candle for Nneka, Victor Bossua,Chibundu & Nowa, may you souls rest in peace.
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by alisigwe(m): 1:04pm On Jul 05, 2007
i step up on this page like its meant 4 me.the stab is really the reason why i stick ma guts to rap.i lost ma only flame where he was bragging about weed,and he was mopped like that,with a stab,grand ma couldnt bear the shit and last year she just died without me seeing her,soi promise that if i evermade it rapping,ma life and theirs is going to make a tight story,so i am lighting this candle for ifeanyi and ma grandmom.
GOD nows the best.peace to all ya
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by Angelheart: 1:56pm On Jul 05, 2007
A candle is lit for my cousin who went missing last year in August. His body was picked up by the cops in the Streets of SA and he had been stabbed! We only learnt of the wheabouts of his body in the government mortuary in December. To make it even worse, his body was incinerated by the govermrnt and we dont even know if we got the correct ashes! sad

He was a father, a brother and a professional teacher with a budding career. He was ONLY 31 years old!

May his soul rest in peace! cry
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by pat4: 3:17pm On Jul 05, 2007
Am lighting this candle for my dearest mum how left this world on the 6th of January 1999.Mum i will never forget you.You have been a rule model for us all.
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by pat4: 3:22pm On Jul 05, 2007
I light up this candle for a very special friend who left this world on the 28th of June 2007.Mercy may you remain in the bosom of the Lord.amen
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by lizzy47(f): 4:39pm On Jul 05, 2007
well the candles i'm lighting are for my kid sis' (Katherine & maryrose) who thot they were better off on the oda side. didn't spend much time with u guys but i just know we would have been great 2geda
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by olatomiwa(f): 5:11pm On Jul 05, 2007
sad I light a candle for my Brother, the best Broher that anyone who could have asked for, in his short 37 years of existence he left a mark that most 60 years old would envy. I light a million canles for you Gboyeaga Adigun, may your beautiful, beautiful soul rest in peace. We miss you, every day. I hope there is reincanation, if so may we be siblings for one more life time. You can never be replaced! sad
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by BlackMamba(m): 8:54pm On Jul 05, 2007
Why should I light a candle for dead loved ones? I hate to sheepishly follow traditions that make no sense. If you give a good reason outside of any spiritual mumbo jumbo, I'll erect an alter of candles.
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by molasco(m): 8:55am On Jul 06, 2007
I light a cadle for my dearest beloved brother who passed away on the 14th of February, 2004 in a ghastly motor accident, my dearest sister who passed away on june 19, 2004 after a brief illness. You are evergreen in my memory
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by Elizabeth(f): 9:45am On Jul 06, 2007
For my friend (MISS KAFILAT ADEJARE) who passed away July 4th 2001 (6 years ago). May her gentle soul rest in perfect soul. sad sad sad
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by Beline(f): 11:36am On Jul 06, 2007
I light a candle for my D, Daniel you were more than a cousin to me, you were everything a man could be to a woman for me, we lived a life that left many people to wonder if we were just relative or there is other things attached to it, life was so promising and full of hope until you departed on that fateful night 27th July 2004, memories still sound as if it was yesternight. You were a strong man but you surrendered to death without struggle which made me to asked "Death how powerful are you"

I watch you laid in the coffin without life and the innocent look on your face make me to said "God where are you" I watch you been laid down to the tomb and couldn't add a sand to your tomb because it was hard to say goodbye.

You always wish i get admission into the university and this came few days after your death, i keep wondering how happy you would have be if you were to see my admission letter. Your death make me to believe that with God there no different between life and death.

I pray that if there is reincarnation we should be siblings and God should grant you a life longer than what you spent in three-fold. May you have eternal rest until we meet again.

I light a candle for Lucia my only friend who passed out on December 2006, Sis you were the only one that could read my secret and keep them, that could feel my trouble after Daniel left, you left without notice and I see myself alone in the world without any confidant, may your soul rest in the bosom of the Lord.

I light a candle for my niece who left on February 2006, dear you left without fulfilling the promise of being my chief bride's maid, may God give you eternal rest.

I light candles for my cousin Aniedi who died on the 4th May 1993, to my two brothers and a sister and to my maternal grandparents and paternal grandfather who died before i came into existence, may the Almighty God grand you eternal peace
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by badavix(m): 10:06pm On Jul 06, 2007
He left 18 years ago when i was but a boy. The thought of him not knowing what a man I have become hurts.
He left a big footprint but he also left a boy who is now a man.
A candle for my dear daddy, 18 years on but your memory is ever fresh and your footprint remains.
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by hope(f): 11:24pm On Jul 06, 2007
I light a candle for my sweet mother who passed away by 12:05 on 15th september 1998.you are the role model for me and the rest of my sliblings,we love you

I light another candle to my dear father you passed away by 11:45 on 31st december 2006 just a few minute to new year.we missed you alot,you stood as a mother and a father to us when mummy was not there.you washed our even when i completed my secondary school.Both of u show us the way of the lord that is why we are still living till now beliving that u both are sleeping in the lord.myself,Esther, Promise and Isreal & ur grand daugthers Eunice & Regina promise to uphold the good name you labour to build. Doh we are left alone in this wide world and yet we are happy that one day we will meet to depart no more.
We missed you Mum and Dad .Rest in peace.
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by bunna(m): 9:17am On Jul 07, 2007
lighting candle for my dad who died when i was 9years old,i am now 19years old
dad may your gentle soul rest in perfect peace
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by husseyn(m): 3:09pm On Jul 07, 2007
To all my grand parents most especially my maternal grandmum who who moved into higher grace in 1998! I light a candle  sad
Mama! I miss u so much! ur Enesi Has grown to become a man,working in a bank and all ur little azi's Maryam,Fati and Onazare are all Big girls!! thank u mama for everything kiss kiss :-

To my dear friend and coursemate  Shola! u were the first friend I made on campus! I can't forget that day 11th February003 when I saw ur obituary in the Punch newspaper I was so shocked!! we were serving then! u in Lagos and I Yemi,Bisi and Steve in Abuja! we cried our hearts out! we miss u mister perfect,grand mix griller!! I light a candle for u!  sad sad sad sad sad

TO Efe(MR POLO) miss u so much!!  kiss kiss kiss
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by whiteroses(f): 3:37pm On Jul 08, 2007
@blackmamba why do you always like to contradict on everything i done notice you, do you really have to disagree to everything people are showing love and respect here please dont disrupt
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by joey22(f): 4:58pm On Jul 08, 2007
i light a candle for my grandmum who passed on 3 years ago

for my friend and coursemate ODUSAGUN OLUFUNKE OLUWAKEMI may her soul rest in perfect peace (amen)

for AUNTY SESI AND SELOME HUNYIGB0 whose deaths shoke the whole of Badagry may you rest in the bossom of our lord(amen)
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by joey22(f): 5:02pm On Jul 08, 2007
FOR ALL WHO HAVE LOST THEIR LIVES IN ANY FORM OF TRAGEDY - NATURAL OR ARTIFICIAL

MAY THEIR SOULS REST IN PERFECT PEACE (AMEN)
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by olembaba: 2:08pm On Jul 11, 2007
Million of candle light for Temitope Joseph my dearest and bosom friend who died in motorcycle accident in 2002. I miss you a lot, I will make this poem in honor of your true friendship love you have for me

cry cry cry cry cry cry
No more jaunt for Tope and me'
When the sky is blue,
And the old moon on high,
To the valley and the hill high,
We walk together like five and six,
But today, He has left for better,
Your Memory will last for ever.
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by ronnieslimz(f): 4:30pm On Jul 11, 2007
he's d grandiest of men 2have lived on this earth
although he's not royal by stature or birth
he's a man of great dignity honour & strenght
his merits are noble and of admirable lenght. .

daddy, ur departure on the 31st Jan' 05 was lyk 'a' dream
and if tears could build a stairway, memories a lane
we'd walk right up 2heaven and bring u home again. .

we all are duin fine and missing u greatly!!!! cry cry

~*~Luv You~*~
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by Bblak(f): 3:56pm On Jul 24, 2007
I light a candle for my maternal grand parents, who passed on two decades ago.Mama, although i was so small to understand your love and care but Mum can't stop telling me how caring, loving and disciplined you were.
Mum actually took after your good ways and i'm happy i'm a product of that.RIP mama and papa.

I also light a candle for my dear friend Banjoko Bimbo, who was murdered mysteriously few days after submitting her

final year project in Kogi state university(Law Dept.).Your death in June 2007 was a real shock to d family and to your

friends.i love you but God love you most.Continue to rest in the bossom of ur creator till we meet to part no more and

i'm very sure that ur killers will neva go unpunished.I love and miss you.Oh Death where is thy sting! RIP. sad cry cry

I light my final candle to nairalanders who have lost their loved ones in one way or the other.i pray that God will
continue to strenghten you and give you the fortitude to bear the irreparable loss.luv u all
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by Bblak(f): 5:13pm On Jul 24, 2007
~~~~~ Losing someone so dear can be so painful.~~~~~

~~~~I pray the greatest comforter console us all~~~~

~~~Ekpele~~~
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by nelyz(f): 2:17pm On Jul 25, 2007
i light ten candles in remberance of my paternal grandparents, whom i never knew but get to see their legacies.

To my maternal great grand ma, she was a wonderful grandma. Could remember vivdly lying on her bed while she slept on floor. You were a mother to all and sundry. we all can't stop loving you even in death.

Also to my uncle who died october last year. he was a rare gem, a unifer par excellence, u believe so much in human development. u sacrificed ur last kobo in training all of us. my promise to you is that we will immortalize ur name. and will continue from where u stopped. Sleep on my hero.
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by Tarami(f): 8:43pm On Aug 01, 2007
I light a candle for my dad who was the greatest dad ever-I miss you everyday and wish you were here to see your lovely granddaughter.
I also light a candle for my brother whose life was cut short at a very tender age.How i wish both of you are still alive but then God knows best.The pain is still like yesterday.I hope and pray that you're both being cared for up there.
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by dree1: 11:09pm On Aug 02, 2007
I light a candle for my late sister Olufunmilayo Omolola Mary who died on the 24th of September 1998. RIP
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by PHBABE(f): 1:06am On Aug 11, 2007
i light a candle 4 my grandpa who passed away right after his golden jubilee celebration, may his soul rest in perfect peace, amen. . .
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by rossy4life(f): 10:21pm On Aug 14, 2007
I'm lighting a candle for my younger brother Deji that passed away in December 1989 the space you left is still empty I love you so much
I light a candle for my childhood best friend Oluwatosin who passed away on the 24th of May 2001, you were an angel and your smiley face is forever fresh in my memory.
I light a candle for my pastor who left this world June 2006, you touched my life positively and i believe u're resting in the bosom of our lord.
Re: Ever Lost Someone As Dear As Family? Come Light A Candle For Them Here by nana(f): 8:09pm On Aug 29, 2007
I am lighting 6 candles for six important people in my life:

My paternal grandmother: You died long before i was born but from all what i've heard people say about u,i am proud to be named after u. Most of your cousins and nieces even find it hard called me by my name instead they prefer calling me Aunty,Sister,Mama Wa(Our Mother)lol. . . all in the name of respect. People tell me that u've come back to live again because i really look like u. Keep on resting in the bossom of our Lord.

My paternal grandfather:You died long before i was born but from all what i've heard people say about u,i am proud to be your granddaughter. My late little brother brother was named after u as well.Keep on resting in the bossom of our Lord.

My little Brother:You lived a very short life but hey,i really do cherish the times we shared together.Lest i forget,thanks for the biscuit u told mum to give to me before u took your last breath. Oyebola,u really put me in a lot of troubles while we were young but am glad u did. Mum still carries your picture everywhere she goes. Adieu Brother!Adieu!

My little nephew:You were only 2yrs old when u slept in the Lord. Miss u a lot because,when u were born,i thought u had come to replace oyebola but i thank God for the Joy u brought into our lives while u were alive. Adieu!

My Dad:Am glad to be your First born. I don't know where to start from but i thank God for your life well spent. Odaro Papa. Continue to rest in the bossom of our Lord till we meet to depart no more.

My Aunt's Husband or should i say,My second Grandpa. Am glad to be a part of your family. You were like a father to me.If i begin to list all u did in my life,i wouldn't finish today but i want to say thank u sir. Adieu!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Woman Slams Her Husband's Side Chick, Her Brother -In-Law Supports Side Chick / Woman Divorces Her Husband, Forces Daughter To Go With Her (Photos) / Should I Arrest & Sue My Brother-in-law For This? I Need Advice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.