Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,866 members, 7,802,781 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:25 PM

Dele Momodu, Lp Presidential Aspirant Resign - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dele Momodu, Lp Presidential Aspirant Resign (4712 Views)

Post-election Statement By The Only Female Presidential Aspirant / Prof. Sonaiya, The Only Female Presidential Aspirant In The 2015 Election [PICS] / I Will Support The Abolishing Of Age Limit For Presidential Aspirant: Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dele Momodu, Lp Presidential Aspirant Resign by silami(m): 1:08am On Dec 15, 2010
Dele Momodu, LP presidential aspirant resigns
By RAZAQ BAMIDELE
Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Dele Momodu
Photo: Sun News publishing
More Stories on This Section
As political parties across the country are concluding arrangements to hold their primaries, a renowned journalist and presidential aspirant on the platform of the Labour Party (LP), Bashorun Dele Momodu has resigned his membership of the party.

A statement from the National Coordinator of Dele Momodu Presidential Campaign Organisation, Ohimai Godwin Amaize announced that the publisher of the Ovation magazine forwarded his resignation letter to the National Chairman of the party, Chief Dan Nwayanwu yesterday.

The reason for his resignation, according to the letter might not be unconnected with suspicion that the party was not willing to field a presidential candidate for the 2011 general elections.
The letter reads in part:

“I write to notify your good self and office of my resignation from the membership of The Labour Party (LP). You will recall that on 20th November, 2010 I wrote to you drawing your attention to my observations about indications that The Labour Party (LP) had no plans to field a presidential candidate for the 2011 presidential election. For the records, below is the text copy of that letter:

“As a true Christian, I must bring to your attention some of my worries about your supposed attitude to my participation in the presidential race on the platform of our great party, The Labour Party.”
“I’m very alarmed at some of the comments being credited to you by most of our mutual friends. It has become fashionable by many people to stop or call me to ask “what’s going on between you and Dan, the Chairman of your party?” And whenever I asked why the question the answer was often that “Dan believes you are not serious, that you only exist on the internet, that you have no money to run a presidential campaign, ”

“The most cynical of the commentators was a man, (name withheld) who I did not know before but accosted me at the Bukka Restaurant of Transcorp Hilton hotel a few weeks back, and shouted publicly that ‘Dele, sorry o, Dan has sold your ticket in Labour.’ I just managed the situation by laughing at him as a joker, otherwise he would have attracted a crowd to us.

“Sir, it is too early in the day to write any candidate off. With limited resources, I have taken on political Goliaths. I have attracted considerable attention to our party. Everyone now agrees I’m one of the brightest hopes for Nigeria. In the name of God, I deserve to be encouraged.”
He therefore booked an appointment with the Chairman to give details of why he was raising concerns about the whole issue.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2010/dec/15/national-15-12-2010-03.htm
Re: Dele Momodu, Lp Presidential Aspirant Resign by Blazay(m): 1:15am On Dec 15, 2010
Good.

Save your depleting "ovation" account for your old age and go and build a house in your village first before running for any government office.

You need to start with the local government chairmanship first of all in your locality.

He does not even live in Nigeria.

I was shocked to find out that the man did not have even a boys' 'squatters' in his home town. . . if he cannot manage his money as a businessmen with an editorial magazine empire. . . how do we expect him to run a complex country like Nigeria when allowed a free hand in the Nigerian coffers? undecided

Some people do not know their 'levels' I tellya.

He needs a dietician if you ask me. I don't think he is healthy enough to run for 4 years.

This dude would need to shell some 100 pounds before climbing unto "Aso Rock". . . might just drop dead during the campaign season.

Good lord! Very amorphous.

Ribadu should please do himself the honor too. wink
Re: Dele Momodu, Lp Presidential Aspirant Resign by silami(m): 3:47am On Dec 15, 2010
Blazay:

Good.

Save your depleting "ovation" account for your old age and go and build a house in your village first before running for any government office.

You need to start with the local government chairmanship first of all in your locality.

I was shocked to find out that the man did not have even a boys' 'squatters' in his home town. . . if he cannot manage his money as a businessmen with an editorial magazine empire. . . how do we expect him to run a complex country like Nigeria when allowed a free hand in the Nigerian coffers? undecided

He needs a dietician if you ask me. I don't think he is healthy enough to run for 4 years.

This dude would need to shell some 100 pounds before climbing unto "Aso Rock". . . might just drop dead during the campaign season.

na Ribadu comes 2011
Re: Dele Momodu, Lp Presidential Aspirant Resign by Becomrich12: 4:30am On Dec 15, 2010
Blazay, most nigerian who lived abroad dont build thier house in your home village. Let me explain why, If you were living over here and you built a house in your village, who is going to live there. Why nigerian return most of the time, is age.

awolowo does not have 2000 naira to give people to stand at the poll. Even when tinubu ran for senate, I meant tinubu when he came to my father house. I was the open the door for tinubu that day. the only thing Tinubu drop was just his poster. It was that poster they remade for him and now distribute . If Tinubu had many posters , he would have drop alot of poster. It was people who want to help Iya oloja child to become senator.

So in yorubaland, if you are passionate you want to go into politics, you go. If people believe in you, they would support you. Do you know in Yorubaland , that a poor man who is very powerful among his people. Can tell mike Adenuga , he can not be governor of Ogun state and Mike Adenuga can go and try and he would not be governor.
There have been many people in Yorubaland that are rich that have tried to become governor and they never did.

What is my point. It is not money , that wins you election. It is iyi or honour. this is how they do politics in Yorubaland. 

By the time I put this satellite picture poster infront of the centre mosque in Kano and I tell them my plan. after they say Gaskiya,  I would be president. Go and ask anyone in kano. all I need is to show them the oil well in rivers state. they get 70%, we get 30%. Walahi the hausa fulani would vote for me.

Re: Dele Momodu, Lp Presidential Aspirant Resign by Pappij: 11:53am On Dec 15, 2010
Blazay:

Good.

grin grin grin, geez man, very funny although contestable!
Re: Dele Momodu, Lp Presidential Aspirant Resign by Ultrame(m): 12:58pm On Dec 15, 2010
@Becomerich

Get help!.
Re: Dele Momodu, Lp Presidential Aspirant Resign by ladi02(m): 1:02pm On Dec 15, 2010
@Ultrame

Live and Let Live grin

@Becomrich
Carry go my friend. .you need to become commissioner of tourism in Yorubaland!
Re: Dele Momodu, Lp Presidential Aspirant Resign by Ultrame(m): 1:07pm On Dec 15, 2010
ladi02:

@Ultrame

Live and Let Live grin

@Becomrich
Carry go my friend. .you need to become commissioner of tourism in Yorubaland!

Ladi, which one is more disturbing? his 'sub-gubernatorial' ambition or his maps? grin
Re: Dele Momodu, Lp Presidential Aspirant Resign by Nobody: 1:34pm On Dec 15, 2010
@becomrich, are u a yoruba guy?
Re: Dele Momodu, Lp Presidential Aspirant Resign by slap1(m): 3:23pm On Dec 15, 2010
after they say Gaskiya,  I would be president.
SIMPLE!
Re: Dele Momodu, Lp Presidential Aspirant Resign by Blazay(m): 4:00pm On Dec 15, 2010
@Becomrich2

Is everything airight? undecided I could not make any heads or tails from your write-up.
You know 'Yoruba' and anything 'Yoruba' requires a 'handle with care approach'.
What is that picture you posted up there about?
We should support DM just as the 'Yoruba' peeps support their leaders? Just out of 'sheer' love and 'nepotism'?
Is that what you made reference to here?

What is my point. It is not money , that wins you election. It is iyi or honour. this is how they do politics in Yorubaland.

Oh. . .I think NOT!  Has that worked for your Yoruba peeps?. . . . . You can't be serious.

Blazay, most nigerian who lived abroad dont build thier house in your home village.

Errrm. . . never mind. If you call living in Ghana 'abroad'. . . undecided

@silami

No, it is not his time. . . Just like Jonathan "ill-luck". . . Ribadu 'the hypocrite'. . .is not quite experienced in the 'teifing' arena. Only 'poor' people can dream of voting for Ribadu.
He represents the hungry masses who can't wait to get themselves into the corrupt engine of Nigeria. The problem with Nigerians is that they love to associate with poverty in politics except in religion. . .where others would bleed them dry. I will not pitch my tent with any poverty-stricken politician in Nigeria. . . .for they are indigent crooks. Pick a wealthy crook who has 'touched' money in his life and he may just perhaps. . .spare you the disappointment of being that humble messiah/dog in a manger turned OBJ after 8 years of nothingness.

Pappij:

grin grin grin, geez man, very funny although contestable!

Well, look at him.

http://3.bp..com/_NzZ4l3ohP3I/S_EtEfd-rfI/AAAAAAAAB2A/DYD9RUdsOEw/s1600/dele9.jpg

[img]http://3.bp..com/_NzZ4l3ohP3I/S_EtEfd-rfI/AAAAAAAAB2A/DYD9RUdsOEw/s1600/dele9.jpg[/img]

@ only 50. . . The Decagenerian Robert Mugabe looks a whole lot healthier. One would think that After Yaradua, Nigerians would be able to make better decisions and recognize one physically 'unfit' for any office in Nigeria. I am not sure when last he had a physical exam. . .but me thinks the results are not going to be good in the cardiovascular department
One stress test might just do him in and bang. . . .his VP. . .becomes the next president. You don't even need help from Okija.

Oh dear. . .what a first lady that would have been too.

[img]http://1.bp..com/_NzZ4l3ohP3I/S_Es0lKfsPI/AAAAAAAAB1Y/yKulAWlColk/s1600/dele4.jpg[/img]

Now look at one of their sons too. . . .? embarassed  What does he eat every morning for chrissakes. . . 2 live goats?

I hope this is no longer 'contestable'? cheesy

For a man with young children. . . he needs to take care of himself first.
Re: Dele Momodu, Lp Presidential Aspirant Resign by dcopolopo(m): 4:10pm On Dec 15, 2010
@Becomrich?

Your inordinate wish to become rich may be troubling your mind. You better change your username to "Thank God" or "Satisfied" or something similar.  grin
Re: Dele Momodu, Lp Presidential Aspirant Resign by mbulela1: 7:02pm On Dec 15, 2010
Now look at one of their sons too. . . .? embarassed  What does he eat every morning for chrissakes. . . 2 live goats?

[quote][/quote]

evidence of good living.
it is the Lord's doing.
are you jealous?
Re: Dele Momodu, Lp Presidential Aspirant Resign by Blazay(m): 7:05pm On Dec 15, 2010
^^^

C'mon sharrap dia.

Jealous of what?

The potential of being the 'First Fat Family'?

Look at the woman? She MUST be an Igbo Biafran war lord-ess. cheesy

She even looks bigger than her husband.

What an 'amazonia'. grin

Notice her side-burns too? Prolly goes thru' more shaving razors per week than her entire family put together.

Now, anything else I can help you out with?
Re: Dele Momodu, Lp Presidential Aspirant Resign by hbrednic: 7:24pm On Dec 15, 2010
@Blazay
you don kolo well well grin grin grin
Re: Dele Momodu, Lp Presidential Aspirant Resign by oderemo(m): 8:09pm On Dec 15, 2010
blazay , how much do uget paid on the comedy circle. grin grin
damn. 3 ovation for u grin grin grin
Re: Dele Momodu, Lp Presidential Aspirant Resign by alanbolo(m): 9:31pm On Dec 15, 2010
@ Blazay.

U must be something else, that ur statement (Ritualistic) about protest at the National assembly still making ROFLMAO!!
Re: Dele Momodu, Lp Presidential Aspirant Resign by banom(m): 9:38pm On Dec 15, 2010
those who thought DELE MOMODU was serious in the beginning has no knowledge of marketing, he was seizing the opportunity of election time to advertise his OVATION magazine,.

Good he has gotten what he wanted , now he is quieting. hahahaha funny man.
Re: Dele Momodu, Lp Presidential Aspirant Resign by oderemo(m): 9:43pm On Dec 15, 2010
those who thought DELE MOMODU was serious in the beginning has no knowledge of marketing, he was seizing the opportunity of election time to advertise his OVATION magazine,.

i was about to start taking your comment seriously until i read that.
Re: Dele Momodu, Lp Presidential Aspirant Resign by raycomray: 9:44pm On Dec 15, 2010
I THINK WE ARE DERAILING! THE POINT HERE SHOULD BE ON THE POLITICAL PROSTITUTION" NIGERIA. PLS CORRECT ME IF AM WRONG.
Re: Dele Momodu, Lp Presidential Aspirant Resign by oderemo(m): 9:48pm On Dec 15, 2010
I THINK WE ARE DERAILING! THE POINT HERE SHOULD BE ON THE POLITICAL PROSTITUTION" NIGERIA. PLS CORRECT ME IF AM WRONG
man u r on point right there .before u say jack and jill i can bet u this man will slide to acn.
Re: Dele Momodu, Lp Presidential Aspirant Resign by Tunisque(m): 10:10pm On Dec 15, 2010
buy plots of land at Garden of Eden Estate behind Redemption Camp https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-521891.0.html
Re: Dele Momodu, Lp Presidential Aspirant Resign by oderemo(m): 10:18pm On Dec 15, 2010
@ tunisque, was that a mistake or a rude and un common sense approach to this thread. i doubt anyone here want yor gdn of eden plot.
can u reflect on yor redemption.? move to property sectn pls.
Re: Dele Momodu, Lp Presidential Aspirant Resign by akoraye(m): 10:26pm On Dec 15, 2010
Dont mind that party chairman,he is looking for an aspirant that will give him fat POKOM. OLOSA!
Re: Dele Momodu, Lp Presidential Aspirant Resign by orgasm(m): 12:11am On Dec 16, 2010
who is he politically? And this made d front page? Mscheeeeeeeeew! Next!
Re: Dele Momodu, Lp Presidential Aspirant Resign by cap28: 12:37am On Dec 16, 2010
Blazay:

@ only 50. . . The Decagenerian Robert Mugabe looks a whole lot healthier. One would think that After Yaradua, Nigerians would be able to make better decisions and recognize one physically 'unfit' for any office in Nigeria. I am not sure when last he had a physical exam. . .but me thinks the results are not going to be good in the cardiovascular department
One stress test might just do him in and bang. . . .his VP. . .becomes the next president. You don't even need help from Okija.

Oh dear. . .what a first lady that would have been too.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

This guy is a joke, you just cant get past just how overweight  and unhealthy he looks.

Him and his wife look like they could could keel over at anytime, i wouldnt be suprised if the entire family is diabetic or has heart problems.

Blazay  you're so right about Mugabe - he's very trim and fit, you think if he'd been in as bad a shape as this i.diot he wouldve been able to withstand the onslaught that he's been subjected to from the west?

This guy and his obese family need to start changing their eating habits as soon as possible.
Re: Dele Momodu, Lp Presidential Aspirant Resign by BZion(m): 3:37am On Dec 16, 2010
Dele Momodu is not a Yoruba man.
Re: Dele Momodu, Lp Presidential Aspirant Resign by cap28: 3:45am On Dec 16, 2010
BZion:

Dele Momodu is not a Yoruba man.

"Dele" sounds like a yoruba name to me. Do nigerians give their children names in languages other than their native languages?
Re: Dele Momodu, Lp Presidential Aspirant Resign by dayokanu(m): 4:33am On Dec 16, 2010
Cap22,

It happens atimes. The governor of Rivers State is[b] ROTIMI[/b] Amaechi and he isnt a Yoruba also former Governor of Edo is John Oyegun
Re: Dele Momodu, Lp Presidential Aspirant Resign by MyTake: 10:05am On Dec 16, 2010
The guy wan join PDP. Simple!
Re: Dele Momodu, Lp Presidential Aspirant Resign by BZion(m): 6:24pm On Dec 16, 2010
Dele Momodu is from Ihievbe in Edo State however, his mum is from Osun state and he grew up there. He studied Yoruba at OAU and graduated with a BA. It should be noted that in Ihievbe, which is a 10 minute drive from Auchi, kids born after twins traditionally are called Idowu and Alaba like it is the norm in Yorubaland but the twins are not called Taiye and Keheinde. The reason for this is a mystery but the obvious strong affinity with the Yorubas is conspicuous.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Military regimes and anti-corruption initiatives / Okorocha Declares Imo Bankrupt / Pictures Of New Lagos In 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.