Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,338 members, 7,780,889 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:57 AM

Why Are Nigerians Crazy About Enemies - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Are Nigerians Crazy About Enemies (6067 Views)

Why Are Nigerians Hated By Others? / Why Are Nigerians So Abusive And Insulting? / Why Are Nigerians So Tribalistic? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Nigerians Crazy About Enemies by marabout(m): 6:22am On Dec 20, 2010
Enemies might want to shove lots of enemas down somebody's rearside if they had their way: imagine the diarrhoea. grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Are Nigerians Crazy About Enemies by tpia1: 6:23am On Dec 20, 2010
I don't believe the so-called enemy has so much time to dedicate to you anyway.

yeah, they do.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Crazy About Enemies by Nobody: 8:03am On Dec 20, 2010
@Marabout.Hold your ears well well.These people have time to dedicate for your matter.I have first hand experience,not as a victim but as a bewildered spectator.They make such statements as 'i go spoil him own.'You'd be surprised that those family friends who you love and only wish well for are those who envy you and ultimately plan an 'attack' on your peace and pleasure.That said,it is energy-sapping tryna keep up wit these so called enemies.

Personally,since I dont know them I do my own thing without giving thot to 'enemies',still I am careful to watch those around me lest anyone be offended on account of my success.

Finally,I leave you wit the word,'watch and pray' and 'be gentle as a dove be wise as a serpent'.I rest my case.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Crazy About Enemies by Gentle4lyf: 8:36am On Dec 20, 2010
Believe it or not, enemies exist. I mean witches and wizards that can have sleepless nights to make sure some other person makes no progress! If they're absent in your life or family, THANK JEHOVAH!!
Re: Why Are Nigerians Crazy About Enemies by jesuspikin(m): 8:54am On Dec 20, 2010
enimity or enemies is not only restricted to Nigeria or its not a Nigerian thing,it is an inherent part of every civilization because the the being behind it has always been there from the time of old not until he is finally chain as and thrown onto the bottomless pit,he will always plague mankind.for example in the western world the use of violence in the settlement of disputes is the other of the day,these societies are plague with all kinds of moral decadence,unspeakable acts of human degradation are open flaunted in the street e.g the use of drugs,homosexuality,the use of arms etc. while here in Africa and India the use of charms and witch-crafty are the order of the day.the real vision of the arch enemy is to make sure that the initial will of god for man si not fulfilled.in all these act of the enemy you will see that degradation of man towards animalistic tendencies e.g killing, raping,stealing etc.i still repeat ignore the enemy at your own peril.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Crazy About Enemies by hollars(m): 9:12am On Dec 20, 2010
because blacks would always look for the downfall of their colleagues, to much beef in the system, i dont blame them sha, cos it takes an average Nigerian singer like 9ice 10 years on the street to get recognised so y won't they blame it on the enemies' factor
Re: Why Are Nigerians Crazy About Enemies by Goldenmeda(m): 9:57am On Dec 20, 2010
we re' all enemy ov our selves,
Re: Why Are Nigerians Crazy About Enemies by Nobody: 11:18am On Dec 20, 2010
I have also always raised this issue among my friends too.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Crazy About Enemies by kleechy: 12:03pm On Dec 20, 2010
We have a kind of fear of the unknown and get carried away by we are told in church that the devil causes every evil that happens to man without taking into consideration the one cause by us as a result of human error.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Crazy About Enemies by skfa1: 2:40pm On Dec 20, 2010
Enemies let me live my life, oya e so dorin e ma ko lo cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Are Nigerians Crazy About Enemies by pablo1000: 5:44pm On Dec 20, 2010
. . . Lord of Elijah, send them fire. . .
Re: Why Are Nigerians Crazy About Enemies by blackcypha(m): 8:20pm On Dec 20, 2010
yeah cuz we got alot of real eniemies in naija for real spiritual and physical,
Re: Why Are Nigerians Crazy About Enemies by marabout(m): 4:40am On Dec 21, 2010
Enemies, if they exist, are just wasting their time. Anyway, some idle people might actually have time on their hands.

Still a symptom of poverty though to wake up and plan towards spoiling another person's own instead of working hard for your own progress. Tufiakwa.

GOD is the master. He may tolerate them for a while (to see if they will change) but they are ultimately doomed to fail woefully.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Crazy About Enemies by favouredjb(f): 11:36am On Dec 21, 2010
*humming*enemies,let me live my life lese

mo so fun e o,ota mi deyin leyin mi(ebenezer obey)

ota mi oni ya fo ko,akoyoyo ni o kan lese grin grin
Re: Why Are Nigerians Crazy About Enemies by harakiri(m): 11:59am On Dec 21, 2010
From my point of view, religion and superstitious beliefs plays a role in this regard. Like others have pointed out, it all comes down to people not being mature enough to bear the responsibility of their short comings. . .Nah! It must be their wicked uncle in the village doing "things" to hurt them or their "witch" grandmother. Someone MUST be blamed and the religious leaders who these people look up to don't help matters either. Nollywood is a major culprit as well (selling what people want to see).

Further more, there are people that crave for enemies either consciously or subconsciously. For example, some dude manages to buy a 2011 ranger rover vogue. He attends a social function and at every given opportunity, he announces to the whole world how much his ride costs, that it's brand new and not like all the fairly used "scraps" packed outside, he can get any chick he wants now, bla bla bla. . .at some point, someone's gonna get pissed and call off his bluff and when that happens, he says they are his "enemies" who don't like his progress.

You can see many people like the example i depicted above in our current hip hop and gospel artistes. All their songs follow the same pattern :

(1)Dem say i no go make am
(2)Baba God don do am for me
(3)I don hammer
(3)Jesus don bless me
(4)I dey dip Moet and Hennessy in the club
(5)All the gals dey halla me
(6)I buy hummer

***and the boring beat goes on***
Re: Why Are Nigerians Crazy About Enemies by Nobody: 1:17pm On Dec 21, 2010
^^^. Bros i believe u die. These people based on their yarnings inevitably incure unnecessary envy. It's sickening and reveals a lack of depth when all you talk about hennessy and moet and ace. IMO just live your lyf and Bleep all the haters,enemies,etc.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Crazy About Enemies by harakiri(m): 7:36pm On Dec 21, 2010
fresh_dude:

^^^. Bros i believe u die. These people based on their yarnings inevitably incure unnecessary envy. It's sickening and reveals a lack of depth when all you talk about hennessy and moet and ace. IMO just live your lyf and bleep all the haters,enemies,etc.

lol. . .

Abi ooo!

The problem with a lot of people is that they don't know how to handle success. They build a 15- bedroom mansion in banana island and they invite over 400 people all in the name of "house warming/dedication" all in a bid to show off knowing fully well that 99.3% of the people they are inviting will NEVER be happy with them. Let' face it. We are all human beings and nobody likes the idea of someone else getting ahead in life more than themselves, so why can't people enjoy their success in silence? Why? Because (like i said earlier), they secretly crave to have enemies. Simple as that.

People just love attracting problems for themselves. You can live in VGC with a cadillac escalade and pagani zonda "coded-ly" without the whole crowd knowing everything about you but our people just loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeee "long tings".

lol
Re: Why Are Nigerians Crazy About Enemies by fairsense(m): 11:01pm On Dec 21, 2010
It's simple, Most Nigerians would rather blame someone else for their own mistakes and wrong doings. They do not want to take responsibilities for their actions. It is always easier to assume there is an 'enemy' behind the results of their actions. It is a very primitive mindset that needs to be changed. This has eaten so much into the fabrics of the society that even our political leaders would rather blame political opponents for their failures. After they have stolen all the resources of the people, they come back to the same people and blame the rival party leaders for their poor leadership. Guess what? The people believe them!!!
Re: Why Are Nigerians Crazy About Enemies by Nobody: 9:53am On Dec 22, 2010
why are we lying to ourselves that enemies doesnt exist?? Or is an african life or naija life?
Even in the old time till now enemies do exist! If not what do samaritans take a jew for? Do u think an egyptian working with an isrealite(those days)will want him succeed?
Now what do you think a north korean takes a s.Korean for? A best friend? Or do you think atiku take Gej as his FRIEND? The truth is that enemy exist and its everywhere ? So singing about their enemy is nothing bad and if u dnt like it SKIP IT AS A FRIEND JUST SAID.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Crazy About Enemies by Nobody: 10:11am On Dec 22, 2010
pablo1000:

. . . Lord of Elijah, send them fire. . .
then u too will be burnt for every man is an enemy.when u are wishing fire(death) to an enemy then u are also an enemy to that person(in the eye of God and that ur enemy)so u too will be , grin grin
Re: Why Are Nigerians Crazy About Enemies by adedayoone: 4:09pm On Dec 23, 2010
ENEMIESSSSS!!!!! , I just had this conversation with my friends a couple of days ago, yep we definitely have enemies (OUR enemies are the greedy bastards that keep mismanaging our money and enriching themselves with public money).

Sadly we are blaming some other person for it , yeah the attention and enery channeled to enemies could definitely be used to create a money making venture of a more constructive thing , but i do not blame my people for believing they have enemies. A human being needs an explanation for everything that happens, some people use science, some things we see with our eyes and the rest we just need a theory behind it.

yes there definitely are evil people everywhere but if i am driving while drunk at night and have an accident (that no be enemy), if i dont read and i fail (no be enemy ), even if i read and fail sef no be enemy still. I think there is just a general misconception about the supernatural.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Crazy About Enemies by realcele: 2:22am On Dec 24, 2010
we are humans whatever we do has to be in details and need a big broadcast just like the media. A witch confessed of killking a child, she must also be responsible for a child who dies from neglet or accident or sickle condition etc.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Crazy About Enemies by cyprianjr(m): 3:13pm On Dec 24, 2010
It's a black thing - period !!!
Re: Why Are Nigerians Crazy About Enemies by tpia1: 10:48am On Dec 08, 2012
jesuspikin: these forces and their human agents are there and victory is sure through faith in the word of God, ignore them at your own peril

thank you.

i absolutely agree.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Crazy About Enemies by tpia1: 10:52am On Dec 08, 2012
@ topic

imo, i think the issue of traditional enmities isnt one that should be swept under the carpet.

if you're going to do that, you might as well consider yourself lost, and free fodder for when they begin to stalk you.

unless, you somehow find a way of completely and totally cutting yourself off from your roots.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Crazy About Enemies by ndiyeauwa: 5:34pm On Oct 20, 2013
Dis Guy:

have you seen your enemies physically, maybe you should have a dialogue with him/her so you can have peace cheesy

Nothing positive will ever come out of a dialogue you have with someone that ENVIES you.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Crazy About Enemies by anonymous6(f): 10:28pm On Oct 22, 2013
good question but funny, any way judging the society of Nigeria I am not surprised
Re: Why Are Nigerians Crazy About Enemies by Nobody: 12:19am On Oct 24, 2013
Fame comes with a lot of them

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bestiality (sex With Animals) Brothels On The Rise In Germany / The Name Benin Was Not Gotten From Ife But Itsekiri / Traditional Medicine In Pre-colonial (negro) Africa: Superior To The European's

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.