Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,854 members, 7,798,847 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:16 AM

How To Deal With A Stubborn Partner? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How To Deal With A Stubborn Partner? (21804 Views)

8 Ways To Win The Heart Of Stubborn Girls / How Do I Handle A Stubborn Girlfriend? / How Do You Cope With A Stubborn Partner? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Deal With A Stubborn Partner? by dsgirl: 5:02am On Dec 17, 2010
I really want to know how to deal with an unreasonably stubborn partner who is always bent on having his own desires fulfilled. Always thinking that whatever decision he makes is the right one and most annoyingly if you correct him he turn the whole discussion to blame you, and still does the same thing over and over again.

I really want to know the best way to handle such an irrational person.
Re: How To Deal With A Stubborn Partner? by tpia1: 5:25am On Dec 17, 2010
just act s.tupid because you may be facing a brick wall here.
Re: How To Deal With A Stubborn Partner? by Dyt(f): 8:45am On Dec 17, 2010
Jst ignore him
Re: How To Deal With A Stubborn Partner? by snazzykate: 10:17am On Dec 17, 2010
He is subborn and also feel he is perfect in all is ways,so let him be after all you are not perfect.just try to avoid any misconduct that will lead to argument.trust me he will later discover that no man is perfect,we learn each day
Re: How To Deal With A Stubborn Partner? by MrCork6: 10:34am On Dec 17, 2010
dsgirl:

I really want to know how to deal with an unreasonably stubborn partner who is always bent on having his own desires fulfilled. Always thinking that whatever decision he makes is the right one and most annoyingly if you correct him he turn the whole discussion to blame you, and still does the same thing over and over again.

Sweery jus break up with him & lets hook up. u light skin? tongue

2 Likes

Re: How To Deal With A Stubborn Partner? by nigerbabe: 1:28pm On Dec 17, 2010
Ignore him and act foolish.
I guess that's what they like.

Know all
Re: How To Deal With A Stubborn Partner? by titsqueez(m): 1:48pm On Dec 17, 2010
@ Mr Cork

how many times do you get banned in a day grin
Re: How To Deal With A Stubborn Partner? by Omolola1(f): 1:53pm On Dec 17, 2010
The only way you can deal with a stubborn partner is by ignoring em

When they start their ranting and stubborness, just be CALM!
Re: How To Deal With A Stubborn Partner? by Guyman02: 2:06pm On Dec 17, 2010
Avoid argueing unnecesarily with him.
Avoid exchanging words because that would aggravate the situation.
Let your suggestions go like these; in a subtle manner and low tone, after serving him his best dish and when he is relaxed, Honey dont you think that if you do it like this we can achieve a better result? am your partner and Iam here to compliment you.

Never use abusive language on him because that will give him an advantage to ignore you further and see you as emotionally unstable and therefore no useful advice can come from you.

Even when he makes a mistake by not following your advice, dont castigate him harshly.
If you continue to treat him with respect despite his shortfallings, with time he will come to adore your suggestions and respect you better as a partner in progress.
Always go to God in prayer and seek his divine mercy upon him and you.

Goodluck not jonathan oo!  kiss kiss

2 Likes

Re: How To Deal With A Stubborn Partner? by tosyne007(m): 2:11pm On Dec 17, 2010
all y'all that's asking the op to ignore, act silly, act foolish, can u do such? u guys are ignoring the fact that the person she's talking abt is her partner not an admirer or a friend. she is seeking for advice that will aid her relationship and u are giving options for break-up. na wa oooo

@op, yeah we guys can be bull-headed and hell-bent on having our way but ut doesnt mean we are silly or irrational. we listen and can be considerate too. i will advise u sit him down and bare your mind and make him realise he's making u unhappy and if he doesnt change, u might have to go your seperate ways.

u will be suprised the kind of wonders dialogue perform in relationships. all d best dear.

1 Like

Re: How To Deal With A Stubborn Partner? by gwuraiyke: 2:19pm On Dec 17, 2010
Mr Cork?:

Sweery jus break up with him & lets hook up. u light skin? tongue

Mr. cork, is this supposed to be an advice? please give her a better advice. angry
@dsgirl, jst pray for him. I've had a friend who was like that but later came around. beleive me prayer works
Re: How To Deal With A Stubborn Partner? by MrCork5: 2:44pm On Dec 17, 2010
gwuraiyke:

Mr. cork, is this supposed to be an advice? please give her a better advice. angry
@dsgirl, jst pray for him. I've had a friend who was like that but later came around. beleive me prayer works

Ok, POSTER, we seriously neeeeds to discuss this privately. by the way, do u wear thongs or G- scranks? tongue tongue
Re: How To Deal With A Stubborn Partner? by slap1(m): 2:48pm On Dec 17, 2010
^^ I didn't laf. This was just drab.
Re: How To Deal With A Stubborn Partner? by nitrogen(m): 3:11pm On Dec 17, 2010
Mr Cork#:

Ok, POSTER, we seriously neeeeds to discuss this privately. by the way, do u wear thongs or G- scranks? tongue tongue

MR COOOOORRRRRRRRKKKKKKKKKKKi
Re: How To Deal With A Stubborn Partner? by kabukabu50(m): 3:23pm On Dec 17, 2010
dsgirl:

You have to look at yourself in the mirror and ask why you are still with such a person? grin grin grin
Perhaps he gives you money grin grin grin, or blows your back out in bed grin grin grin

If he doesn't do either, there are many other guys out there,no matter how ugly you are someone will hit it grin grin grin
Re: How To Deal With A Stubborn Partner? by PastorOla1: 3:30pm On Dec 17, 2010
Just continue to pray for him, only God can change such.
Re: How To Deal With A Stubborn Partner? by LkAdeola(m): 3:37pm On Dec 17, 2010
@ POSTER, don't argue with him whenever he talks  and try as much as possible to be cool and calm with him. Good luck!

1 Like

Re: How To Deal With A Stubborn Partner? by Blazay2: 3:51pm On Dec 17, 2010

As long as the partner does not make decisions that would jeopardize the emotional/physical/psychological/financial/spiritual health of my family, she is free to indulge in her ways till she learns herself. No need to nag. Just like as with a child, you can only offer advice, love and support when the 'excreta' hits the fan.
Whatever you do, do NOT say "I told you so". Just get in your car, drive down the road and have a good laugh on your own. Then come back home and pretend that nothing happened. Even if she brings it up. . .and says honey, you warned me. Do NOT fall for that, it is a trap. grin

Works all the time. wink
Re: How To Deal With A Stubborn Partner? by kokoye(m): 3:55pm On Dec 17, 2010
are you married? hope not yet.

if not, quit the relationship or deal with it like some other reasonable posters have suggested. Ignore him and talk sense into his head when he's in a good mood.
Re: How To Deal With A Stubborn Partner? by leuelliot(m): 4:07pm On Dec 17, 2010
keep Praying to your God, and hope that one day he changes.
Re: How To Deal With A Stubborn Partner? by Meristem: 4:25pm On Dec 17, 2010
Blazay2 has said it all! hear!! hear!!!
Re: How To Deal With A Stubborn Partner? by damipaul(m): 4:49pm On Dec 17, 2010
At poster, you sound stubborn too. I'm married, and my wife thinks I'm stubborn, but that's not true, when there's a major decision to be made, I bring to the family table, she contributes in the bossiest way I've ever known, she alwys want to have it her way, when I ask her to put her reasons on the table and let's weigh it with mine, it becomes another issue. To be brief, how do u correct ur partner, have u tried not arguing with him at all on some matters, do you give him the respect that's due to him, besides, u don't know what's going through his mind. Pro 12:25.
Re: How To Deal With A Stubborn Partner? by hollars(m): 5:00pm On Dec 17, 2010
act opposite and think opposite, nag when he's calm and be calm when he nags, try it and u must come back to this thread to thank me cos im sure it'll work, im the latest love doctor in town, seriously!
Re: How To Deal With A Stubborn Partner? by leuelliot(m): 5:19pm On Dec 17, 2010
hollars:

act opposite and think opposite, nag when he's calm and be calm when he nags, try it and u must come back to this thread to thank me cos im sure it'll work, im the latest love doctor in town, seriously!

That's so lame! that's Fire with Fire it doesn't work. Please the last thing you want to do is get mad at him when he's calm, he will just flair up, and you are back to square one!

1 Like

Re: How To Deal With A Stubborn Partner? by davedozz(m): 5:51pm On Dec 17, 2010
Since U called Him or Her your partner, all I know I can think of is tolerate the PARTNER! grin
Re: How To Deal With A Stubborn Partner? by dsgirl: 6:09pm On Dec 17, 2010
dami_paul:

At poster, you sound stubborn too. I'm married, and my wife thinks I'm stubborn, but that's not true, when there's a major decision to be made, I bring to the family table, she contributes in the bossiest way I've ever known, she alwys want to have it her way, when I ask her to put her reasons on the table and let's weigh it with mine, it becomes another issue. To be brief, how do u correct your partner, have u tried not arguing with him at all on some matters, do you give him the respect that's due to him, besides, u don't know what's going through his mind. Pro 12:25.

I have tried many options, i have talked to him gently, fought with him, laughed with him, argued with him, every way i know best. he is the best person for a while, then he starts misbehaving after 2-3days. We laugh for 2days fight or argue on silly issues for 5days, all because of his ego. he thinks i'm the stubborn one, but i think he is being childish n selfish most of the times. He comes up with unnecessary things just to argue,and he argues over every little thing. i have talked to him like a thousand time, but its not helping matters, that's why i seek help here, maybe there is something new i can try that'll work.
Re: How To Deal With A Stubborn Partner? by buzugee(m): 6:22pm On Dec 17, 2010
if you love him so much, just be long suffering and endure it. people usually mellow with age.
if you dont love him, keep it moving
Re: How To Deal With A Stubborn Partner? by Nobody: 6:23pm On Dec 17, 2010
Give an ultimatum and actually MEAN IT! undecided
Re: How To Deal With A Stubborn Partner? by bigtalla(m): 6:27pm On Dec 17, 2010
@dsgirl, have u self-examined yourself to know if maybe you are the one who is unreasonably stubborn, Maybe because he doesn't allow you have your way, you think he is stubborn. Please look inwards, search yourself too,
Re: How To Deal With A Stubborn Partner? by buzugee(m): 6:30pm On Dec 17, 2010
MzDarkSkin:

Give an ultimatum and actually MEAN IT! undecided
grin grin giving ultimatums to people to change their personality will not work oooo. thats his nature. only 'AGE' or a 'CRITICAL CIRCUMSTANCE' changes peoples personalities not ultimatums. i remember watching 'UNSUNG' on TVONE. this dude named teddy pendergrass was the meanest and most arrogant person to be around. he chewed people up constantly. well he got into a car accident and became paralyzed from the neck down. they say after that he became the sweetest person you ever met. his arrogance and meanness vanished.
Re: How To Deal With A Stubborn Partner? by dsgirl: 6:46pm On Dec 17, 2010
bigtalla:

@dsgirl, have u self-examined yourself to know if maybe you are the one who is unreasonably stubborn, Maybe because he doesn't allow you have your way, you think he is stubborn. Please look inwards, search yourself too,

i know i am stubborn, but not "unreasonably stubborn". I understand the fact that everybody has a right to his own thoughts and how he does his things, but in this case, he does not listen when you correct him. He believe that has a man, he should be the one in charge and the one giving all the directions and he should not be questioned. what do you say to that?
Re: How To Deal With A Stubborn Partner? by Dsense(m): 6:48pm On Dec 17, 2010
OP.
Poison him and throw him inside ''River Nile''. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Who Is Your Nairaland Crush......., / "She Brought Out Her Breast " See What A Nigeria Babe Wore To Church (photos) / See How This Two Slay Mamas Tw£rked In A Club Yesterday In Lagos Last Night

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.