Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,376 members, 7,808,317 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:15 AM

The Free Dating Site Where Cultures are Integrated - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Free Dating Site Where Cultures are Integrated (8638 Views)

10 Most Expensive Cultures To Marry From In Nigeria / Yoruba Cultures - What You Want To Know! And What You Do Know! / Evil Or Dirty Nigerian Cultures That Should Be Abolished (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Go Down)

Re: The Free Dating Site Where Cultures are Integrated by Vicjustice: 11:44pm On Dec 17, 2013
Kiss_Ikebe: so, why hasn't it worked for nigeria so far? Is the fulani culture not about living nomadic lifestyle, how would any country develop with such lifestyle together with religion fanaticism?

you are against "copying syndrome" of other people culture, but yet, you're a muslim... or is your Islamic religion not from foreign culture?
It is obvious that the man is only anti western, but he forgot that no matter how much he cherishes his Fulani culture, he still needs to rely on the west for most vital things: and like I said, his grudges is with the west, he wouldn't have had any problem with Arabic or Islamic cultures.

3 Likes

Re: The Free Dating Site Where Cultures are Integrated by Fulaman198(m): 2:27am On Dec 18, 2013
Kiss_Ikebe: so, why hasn't it worked for nigeria so far? Is the fulani culture not about living nomadic lifestyle, how would any country develop with such lifestyle together with religion fanaticism?

you are against "copying syndrome" of other people culture, but yet, you're a muslim... or is your Islamic religion not from foreign culture?

There is no one Fulani style of living there are several. It is not good to generalise. The Fulani in Fouta Tooro on the border with Mauritania (where Baaba Maal is from), are predominantly fisher men. The Mbororo'en are herdsmen and nomadic.

Apparently you didn't pay attention to what I said earlier. Culture and Religion are two different things. Ethiopians have the oldest Christian Church in the world, yet do they have similar culture to Europeans? What you are doing is called shooting from your hip.

There are Christian Arabs, there are Muslim Arabs, however they are still Arab.... So much naivety in this thread.

There are Christian Fulani in parts of Gambia, Guinea and Sierra Leone. I wouldn't be surprised if there were more in other parts of west Africa. Should I say they are not Fulani because they practise a different religion from me? That would be naive. What about other Mbororo'en Fulani?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jCmEJ64bOU&

This video is also a part of my culture, they are Fulani. Your arguments make no sense. I'll say it one last time. Culture <> religion.
Re: The Free Dating Site Where Cultures are Integrated by Fulaman198(m): 2:29am On Dec 18, 2013
The reason why Nigeria is not doing well as a nation is due to the low self-esteem that Nigerians have and their thought process of wanting to be something they are not. They lack self-pride and ambition. Without those things they will never prosper.
Re: The Free Dating Site Where Cultures are Integrated by Vicjustice: 5:19pm On Dec 18, 2013
Fulaman198: The reason why Nigeria is not doing well as a nation is due to the low self-esteem that Nigerians have and their thought process of wanting to be something they are not. They lack self-pride and ambition. Without those things they will never prosper.
This is another non-logical claim. Can you prove or give any example that supports your claim that the non-cultural mentality of (some) Nigerians is responsible for holding back the country?
I just can't comprehend how someone (like you) could think that the Nigerians with western mind-set are responsible for slowing down the country's progress: it should have been the other way round.

3 Likes

Re: The Free Dating Site Where Cultures are Integrated by Fulaman198(m): 6:33pm On Dec 18, 2013
Vicjustice:
This is another non-logical claim. Can you prove or give any example that supports your claim that the non-cultural mentality of (some) Nigerians is responsible for holding back the country?
I just can't comprehend how someone (like you) could think that the Nigerians with western mind-set are responsible for slowing down the country's progress: it should have been the other way round.

They are the problem. A true Nigerian is someone who understands every element of the Country. Top to bottom. A true Nigerian is one who has pride in their identity and doesn't try to give the false impression to others that they are something they are not. You do not win respect that way as a leader. That is the mentality of a follower.

I reiterate again, since when has western solutions been the remedy to all world problems?
Re: The Free Dating Site Where Cultures are Integrated by Vicjustice: 11:15am On Dec 19, 2013
@Fulanman, I kwow how bitter the truth could be, but if you ask me, I can NEVER trust a northerners nor could I trust your cultures or customs or traditions: so, to trust your culture for the development of Nigeria is as safe as trusting a snake for security service.
Let a Fulani man be in a fight with (let's say) a Calabar man in an isolated place, and there comes an Edo man, I bet you, the Edo man would want to stop the fight in a fair way. But assuming it was a Hausa man that came, he would most likely join his Fulani cousin to kill the Calabar man: here you are, talking about African oneness and cultural respect.
This is for you:
simpleseyi: There appeared to be no end to the bloodletting in Plateau State as six persons, all members of one family, were on Tuesday hacked to death in a renewed wave of sectarian violence in the state.

In the latest incident, the victims were killed in Marraraben Foron village in Barkin Ladi Local Government Area of the state.

Though the perpetrators have not been identified, our correspondent gathered that the act was carried out by some unknown gunmen suspected to be Fulani herdsmen.

It was gathered that the victims were about to retire to bed at about 10pm when the messengers of death visited them.

The incident has raised tension in the area and the city centre. Heavily armed soldiers and mobile policemen have been deployed in sensitive areas including government buildings and installations.

Immediate past chairman of the Management Committee of the Barkin Ladi Local Government, Mr. Emmanuel Loman, who confirmed the incident, described it as very unfortunate.

He said, “This pattern of killing and wiping out of families has continued and nobody appeared to be perturbed. It is very sad that despite all efforts to restore peace to this area, we have continued to have these incessant and insensitive killings.”

Efforts to reach the spokesperson of the Special Task Force, Capt. Salisu Mustapha, were unsuccessful as his phone was unavailable.

SOURCE: http://www.punchng.com/news/six-family-members-killed-in-renewed-jos-violence/

3 Likes

Re: The Free Dating Site Where Cultures are Integrated by KissIkebe(f): 12:42pm On Dec 19, 2013
Nice one, @vic
Re: The Free Dating Site Where Cultures are Integrated by Fulaman198(m): 5:47pm On Dec 19, 2013
Vicjustice: @Fulanman, I kwow how bitter the truth could be, but if you ask me, I can NEVER trust a northerners nor could I trust your cultures or customs or traditions: so, to trust your culture for the development of Nigeria is as safe as trusting a snake for security service.
Let a Fulani man be in a fight with (let's say) a Calabar man in an isolated place, and there comes an Edo man, I bet you, the Edo man would want to stop the fight in a fair way. But assuming it was a Hausa man that came, he would most likely join his Fulani cousin to kill the Calabar man: here you are, talking about African oneness and cultural respect.
This is for you:

Then you are an ethnic bigot, it is as simple as that. There are bad people in every culture and those who try to be good in every culture. If you can not understand that, then you were raised to be a bigot. I thank God that I'm colour blind and blind to all religions and ethnic groups.

Those who even side with and promote your bigotry like kiss_ikebe are no better than you are. It is this very mentality, bigotry that is contributing to the down fall of African nations. Take your westernised mindset and westernised bigotry elsewhere. You are embarrassing us.

I won't sell out and be subservient like you. In fact I'll promote and encourage TRUE Africans to maintain and keep their cultures strong.
Re: The Free Dating Site Where Cultures are Integrated by KissIkebe(f): 9:50pm On Dec 19, 2013
Fulaman198:

Then you are an ethnic bigot, it is as simple as that. There are bad people in every culture and those who try to be good in every culture. If you can not understand that, then you were raised to be a bigot. I thank God that I'm colour blind and blind to all religions and ethnic groups.

Those who even side with and promote your bigotry like kiss_ikebe are no better than you are. It is this very mentality, bigotry that is contributing to the down fall of African nations. Take your westernised mindset and westernised bigotry elsewhere. You are embarrassing us.

I won't sell out and be subservient like you. In fact I'll promote and encourage TRUE Africans to maintain and keep their cultures strong.
how could you say that you're religion blind, or maybe you are not religious yourself?

2 Likes

Re: The Free Dating Site Where Cultures are Integrated by Fulaman198(m): 10:12pm On Dec 19, 2013
Kiss_Ikebe: how could you say that you're religion blind, or maybe you are not religious yourself?

You obviously disregarded my last post about religion. Let me know when you have actually taken time to read it.
Re: The Free Dating Site Where Cultures are Integrated by KissIkebe(f): 9:21pm On Dec 20, 2013
i did understand your last post as i understood every other post before it. and yes, i don't believe that you're not being honest when you said you are religion blind because, i know that the holy book says "Allah's religion must have no rival", and also, i know what it says in Quran (9:29).
So, how could you (a believer as i supposed) say that you are religion blind?

2 Likes

Re: The Free Dating Site Where Cultures are Integrated by Vicjustice: 10:19pm On Dec 20, 2013
Kiss_Ikebe: i did understand your last post as i understood every other post before it. and yes, i don't believe that you're not being honest when you said you are religion blind because, i know that the holy book says "Allah's religion must have no rival", and also, i know what it says in Quran (9:29).
You're one honest person. Tell him, tell him the truth smiley
Re: The Free Dating Site Where Cultures are Integrated by Fulaman198(m): 4:33pm On Dec 21, 2013
Kiss_Ikebe: i did understand your last post as i understood every other post before it. and yes, i don't believe that you're not being honest when you said you are religion blind because, i know that the holy book says "Allah's religion must have no rival", and also, i know what it says in Quran (9:29).

There are people out there like yourself who are bigots and like to lump every person into one category. Again, you did not read or comprehend anything I wrote. Why am I even waisting time with low IQ bigots anyways? Racist and self-hating people are a waste of time to talk to.

1 Like

Re: The Free Dating Site Where Cultures are Integrated by Fulaman198(m): 4:34pm On Dec 21, 2013
Vicjustice:
You're one honest person. Tell him, tell him the truth smiley

You are one dishonest and hypocritical person (most bigots are).
Re: The Free Dating Site Where Cultures are Integrated by MamiWata: 10:59pm On Dec 21, 2013
Fulaman198:

Racist and self-hating people are a waste of time to talk to.

Indeed brother.

1 Like

Re: The Free Dating Site Where Cultures are Integrated by Vicjustice: 10:35pm On Dec 22, 2013
Fulaman198:
You are one dishonest and hypocritical person (most bigots are).
I'm not a bigot and i am not a racist, i just don't want to be dragged back to the stone age: a person who presented these sort of videos in support of his ideas is certainly one with stone age mind set

2 Likes

Re: The Free Dating Site Where Cultures are Integrated by Fulaman198(m): 2:27pm On Dec 23, 2013
Vicjustice:
I'm not a bigot and i am not a racist, i just don't want to be dragged back to the stone age: a person who presented these sort of videos in support of his ideas is certainly one with stone age mind set

?? I must be seeing things you are not a bigot or racist after posting all those nonsensical things about Fulani people and northerners? Who are you trying to deceive? How are you any different from white Americans who paint blacks in a negative light? Do you believe I was born yesterday?

You have been propagating racism and self-hatred this entire thread. You are also a huge hypocrite haba!
Re: The Free Dating Site Where Cultures are Integrated by wishlolia(f): 6:50pm On Dec 23, 2013
Wait a moment, fulaniman. why would you except a southerners to accept your claim about culture and African oneness, or are you going to say that you're not aware of how many southern people that are massacred by your fulani and Hausa brothers?
what other part of nigeria does it happen that people of other ethnicity do not feel safe living amongst the locals? this only happens in your northern states and you are here expecting people to agree with your opinions

2 Likes

Re: The Free Dating Site Where Cultures are Integrated by Vicjustice: 6:59pm On Dec 23, 2013
wishlolia: Wait a moment, fulaniman. why would you except a southerners to accept your claim about culture and African oneness, or are you going to say that you're not aware of how many southern people that are massacred by your fulani and Hausa brothers?
what other part of nigeria does it happen that people of other ethnicity do not feel safe living amongst the locals? this only happens in your northern states and you are here expecting people to agree with your opinions
I couldn't put this any better, the man should know better, and yet he's here calling me every name in the book for "hating" the Fulanis and Northerners.
I don't hate any people irrespective of their races or background, but if you ask me, I hate murderers and any culture that sees massacres as normal.

1 Like

Re: The Free Dating Site Where Cultures are Integrated by Fulaman198(m): 7:30pm On Dec 23, 2013
wishlolia: Wait a moment, fulaniman. why would you except a southerners to accept your claim about culture and African oneness, or are you going to say that you're not aware of how many southern people that are massacred by your fulani and Hausa brothers?

I see that you have joined in the fray of bigotry. The new KKK of Nairaland led by Vicjustice and his puppets Wislolia and Kiss_Ikebe. Look bigots, I don't have time to deal with you racist, naive, and uneducated bunch run along now. I'm not surprised with you 3's lack of common sense.
Re: The Free Dating Site Where Cultures are Integrated by Vicjustice: 12:27am On Dec 25, 2013
Fulaman198:

I see that you have joined in the fray of bigotry. The new KKK of Nairaland led by Vicjustice and his puppets Wislolia and Kiss_Ikebe. Look bigots, I don't have time to deal with you racist, naive, and uneducated bunch run along now. I'm not surprised with you 3's lack of common sense.
All you could do is to call names and accuse anyone who does not buy your stone age views as racist and bigot...?

1 Like

Re: The Free Dating Site Where Cultures are Integrated by Fulaman198(m): 2:37am On Dec 25, 2013
Vicjustice: All you could do is to call names and accuse anyone who does not buy your stone age views as racist and bigot...?

I'm stating facts, you have expressed hatred for certain groups of people in this thread.
Re: The Free Dating Site Where Cultures are Integrated by Vicjustice: 10:15am On Dec 26, 2013
Fulaman198:

I'm stating facts, you have expressed hatred for certain groups of people in this thread.
"Stating facts"? You claim that the people who imitate the western styles are the reasons that Africa is behind, and you presented videos of barbaric behaviors saying that these are the ways African can advance in development. You call these facts?
To me, your claims are only a wishful dream, facts have proofs, but I can't see how the behaviours of the people in these videos can lead to anything but archaic situations

1 Like

Re: The Free Dating Site Where Cultures are Integrated by Fulaman198(m): 3:02pm On Dec 26, 2013
Vicjustice:
"Stating facts"? You claim that the people who imitate the western styles are the reasons that Africa is behind, and you presented videos of barbaric behaviors saying that these are the ways African can advance in development. You call these facts?
To me, your claims are only a wishful dream, facts have proofs, but I can't see how the behaviours of the people in these videos can lead to anything but archaic situations

They are, those who lack originality and creativity have an inferiority complex. In addition to that, if you are a follower by following someone else's ideals, what does that dictate about your leadership qualities? Most countries got to where they are today by innovating, not by copycatting to their hearts content.

I can see where you have adopted this bigoted mindset to hate Nigerians of different ethnocultural groups. You must have gotten it from the western world. You adopted their will of hatred. If that is what you want to do since you hate your identity, be my guest. Don't just go spreading more poisonous rubbish on NL.
Re: The Free Dating Site Where Cultures are Integrated by Vicjustice: 4:49pm On Dec 26, 2013
Fulaman198:

They are, those who lack originality and creativity have an inferiority complex. In addition to that, if you are a follower by following someone else's ideals, what does that dictate about your leadership qualities? Most countries got to where they are today by innovating, not by copycatting to their hearts content.

I can see where you have adopted this bigoted mindset to hate Nigerians of different ethnocultural groups. You must have gotten it from the western world. You adopted their will of hatred. If that is what you want to do since you hate your identity, be my guest. Don't just go spreading more poisonous rubbish on NL.
I'd rather be a western-ways follower than to follow the examples that your embarrassing videos present
Re: The Free Dating Site Where Cultures are Integrated by Fulaman198(m): 4:51pm On Dec 26, 2013
Vicjustice:
I'd rather be a western-ways follower than to follow the examples that your embarrassing videos present

You are doing far worse than the video presented. To thyself be true
Re: The Free Dating Site Where Cultures are Integrated by Vicjustice: 5:15pm On Dec 26, 2013
Fulaman198:

You are doing far worse than the video presented. To thyself be true
You mean that I'm doing far worse than those people in your videos who suck cows Βreasts for milk?
Re: The Free Dating Site Where Cultures are Integrated by Fulaman198(m): 5:19pm On Dec 26, 2013
Vicjustice:
You mean that I'm doing far worse than those people in your videos who suck cows Βreasts for milk?

I am not the one to ultimately pass judgement on you, however, from what you have demonstrated on this thread you are not a very kindhearted human being. You detest those who are different from you.

The only kind of people you love are white people, you hate yourself, Muslims and anything that isn't western. Sounds a bit like a KKK member or white supremacist to me. Which makes me conclude that you are either:

1. A white supremicist
2. A Nigerian who wishes they were white with severe inferiority complex
3. A combination of the above
Re: The Free Dating Site Where Cultures are Integrated by Vicjustice: 11:59am On Dec 28, 2013
Fulaman198:

I am not the one to ultimately pass judgement on you, however, from what you have demonstrated on this thread you are not a very kindhearted human being. You detest those who are different from you.

The only kind of people you love are white people, you hate yourself, Muslims and anything that isn't western. Sounds a bit like a KKK member or white supremacist to me. Which makes me conclude that you are either:

1. A white supremicist
2. A Nigerian who wishes they were white with severe inferiority complex
3. A combination of the above
Are you ranting about me not liking Muslims?
Well, contrary to your claim, i do love all peoples, and i am commanded to love even the Muslims despite the violence and atrocities that they carry out both in Nigerian and abroad. Muslim is one thing, but Islam is another.
Re: The Free Dating Site Where Cultures are Integrated by Fulaman198(m): 4:03pm On Dec 28, 2013
Vicjustice:
Are you ranting about me not liking Muslims?
Well, contrary to your claim, i do love all peoples, and i am commanded to love even the Muslims despite the violence and atrocities that they carry out both in Nigerian and abroad. Muslim is one thing, but Islam is another.

I could care less about who you like or who you cater to. What I am saying is plain and simple to comprehend, you are a bigot.
Re: The Free Dating Site Where Cultures are Integrated by Vicjustice: 10:09am On Dec 30, 2013
Fulaman198:
I could care less about who you like or who you cater to. What I am saying is plain and simple to comprehend, you are a bigot.
If my dislike for your abhorrent videos and my grievances on Islamist ideology makes me a bigot, then, I'm happy to be a Bigot.
Re: The Free Dating Site Where Cultures are Integrated by Fulaman198(m): 4:20pm On Dec 30, 2013
Vicjustice: If my dislike for your abhorrent videos and my grievances on Islamist ideology makes me a bigot, then, I'm happy to be a Bigot.

Abhorrent videos? Are you uneducated or something? What do any of my videos have to do with Islam or Islamic ideology? Are you an illiterate? You are a bigot, most bigots aren't too intelligent... Haba!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7)

My Observations. The Igbos And Yorubas Tribe. Funny But True. / When Last Did You Visit Your Hometown / What Language Is Spoken Often In Your Family?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.