Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,082 members, 7,807,240 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:29 AM

Housing Development In Enugu (pictures) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Housing Development In Enugu (pictures) (15200 Views)

Nigeria Will Be Livable If All State Capitals Can Be Like Enugu-pictures / Chimaroke Nnamani Pulling Massive Crowd In Enugu (pictures) / MASSOB Members Being Arraigned In Enugu (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Housing Development In Enugu (pictures) by egift(m): 12:46pm On Dec 18, 2010
Here are some of the housing projects by Governor Chime in Enugu.

1 Like

Re: Housing Development In Enugu (pictures) by egift(m): 12:48pm On Dec 18, 2010
More

Re: Housing Development In Enugu (pictures) by egift(m): 12:50pm On Dec 18, 2010

Re: Housing Development In Enugu (pictures) by egift(m): 12:52pm On Dec 18, 2010
and more,

Re: Housing Development In Enugu (pictures) by macjive01: 2:02pm On Dec 18, 2010
God please! Why hv u forsaken us in imo state?!!!
See leadership in action!
While that Stupid short blind man ruling imo state is busy building a five star hotel in S.A , building a quaduplex with three helipads, an underground and an out door swimming pool in his village with IMO state money deceiving folks with planting of flowers and painting covet on the road.

Election can't come soon enuf to show that bagger a lesson!!

1 Like

Re: Housing Development In Enugu (pictures) by egift(m): 9:17am On Apr 29, 2011
2011 - 2015: All we are saying, more of these.
Re: Housing Development In Enugu (pictures) by spyder880(m): 11:03am On Apr 29, 2011
Hey!! where are houses for the poor and neglected? all the houses in these pictures are for the mega rich, those who can afford to buy all the houses and gobble more land space, squeezing the poor out of the state capital.
All we are saying, GIVE THE POOR SOME HOMES!

2 Likes

Re: Housing Development In Enugu (pictures) by enyojo(f): 12:37pm On Apr 29, 2011
[size=25pt]STRICTLY FOR THE RICH!![/size]
Re: Housing Development In Enugu (pictures) by spyder880(m): 12:57pm On Apr 29, 2011
I will paste counter pictures in this page, it will be good to see the sorry, sad state of life the poor lives in Enugu, while heavy houses are built for the rich. The pictures will open our eyes. Will be back soon, let me step down around my neighborhood.
Re: Housing Development In Enugu (pictures) by komekn(m): 1:18pm On Apr 29, 2011
WOW !!! A few office blocks and possibly 50 units of upper class housing for sale, dont see any socio economic impact for the struggling guy on the street.

What I see is a people who have very low self esteem and a perverse expectation as it concerns government and as such government throws you crumbs and you jubilate.

I CRY FOR MY COUNTRY OH sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad
Re: Housing Development In Enugu (pictures) by Pukkah: 1:23pm On Apr 29, 2011
spyder880:

I will paste counter pictures in this page, it will be good to see the sorry, sad state of life the poor lives in Enugu, while heavy houses are built for the rich. The pictures will open our eyes. Will be back soon, let me step down around my neighborhood.

I am expectant to see another view from you. It's always good for a story to be balanced.
Re: Housing Development In Enugu (pictures) by spyder880(m): 1:33pm On Apr 29, 2011
I just wonder how we ended up as mentally poor as we are, how could we praise Chime for these few projects,
what is it the govnor did that is too remarkable?
is it not our money he is spending?
What leadership qualities does this man have?
Is his govt all inclusive?
Which of his projects created jobs for our teeming youths?

All I see is a man why lacks the leadership qualities and craftily withdraws into himself, stays silent and tackles the few projects he can without ruffling any feathers (it is known that anytime Mbaka sneezes, the govnor catches cold). Sullivan is working, but its clearly not the type you lose your head about, he is scarcely average at best.
Re: Housing Development In Enugu (pictures) by spyder880(m): 2:25pm On Apr 29, 2011
Pukkah:

I am expectant to see another view from you. It's always good for a story to be balanced.

enugu 01
Re: Housing Development In Enugu (pictures) by spyder880(m): 2:26pm On Apr 29, 2011
enugu 02
Re: Housing Development In Enugu (pictures) by spyder880(m): 2:27pm On Apr 29, 2011
enugu 03
Re: Housing Development In Enugu (pictures) by spyder880(m): 2:28pm On Apr 29, 2011
enugu 04
Re: Housing Development In Enugu (pictures) by spyder880(m): 2:29pm On Apr 29, 2011
enugu 05
Re: Housing Development In Enugu (pictures) by spyder880(m): 2:30pm On Apr 29, 2011
enugu 06, why are we hiding the evils, and painting ourself better in the front of strangers?

Re: Housing Development In Enugu (pictures) by Fhemmmy: 2:31pm On Apr 29, 2011
spyder880:

enugu 04

spyder880:

I just wonder how we ended up as mentally poor as we are, how could we praise Chime for these few projects,
what is it the govnor did that is too remarkable?
is it not our money he is spending?
What leadership qualities does this man have?
Is his govt all inclusive?
Which of his projects created jobs for our teeming youths?

All I see is a man why lacks the leadership qualities and craftily withdraws into himself, stays silent and tackles the few projects he can without ruffling any feathers (it is known that anytime Mbaka sneezes, the govnor catches cold). Sullivan is working, but its clearly not the type you lose your head about, he is scarcely average at best.

You are few in a million of Nigerians that see things the way they really are.
Besides, tell me anyone that would have access to such money that the governors in Nigeria do and yet will not even do more . . . . . Check out those roads that leads to those houses and offices and tell me how long it will take before the "Good new roads" are washed away.
When will they start to construct and build something for the masses and not just for the 5% that are already loaded.
Nigeria has a long way to go . . . .  no light, no good schools and we building more multi million Naira home for the rich . . .
Re: Housing Development In Enugu (pictures) by Fhemmmy: 2:32pm On Apr 29, 2011
Tell me people aint living in those houses . . . pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Re: Housing Development In Enugu (pictures) by spyder880(m): 2:36pm On Apr 29, 2011
@ egift, some of the buildings you pasted are not sullivan works, like the maryland estates was done by chimaroke, call it the real name, it was loma linda estates in maryland. It is funny you are posting pictures of the govt house done by M.I Okpara in 1960s, who are you deceiving?
Re: Housing Development In Enugu (pictures) by spyder880(m): 2:38pm On Apr 29, 2011
Fhemmmy:

Tell me people aint living in those houses . . . pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Its really horrible, its so close to my area, and people are living there like everyday. rent in that area goes for like N1500 per room/month.
Re: Housing Development In Enugu (pictures) by enyojo(f): 2:44pm On Apr 29, 2011
ENUGU IS STILL NOT WORKING!

Re: Housing Development In Enugu (pictures) by Fhemmmy: 2:46pm On Apr 29, 2011
spyder880:

Its really horrible, its so close to my area, and people are living there like everyday. rent in that area goes for like N1500 per room/month.

This is so pathetic and sad that someone could come online and post all these pix as a job of someone when it was of someone else.
I think govt would win people over if they could use some of the money to build something better for the poor . . . i am sure people wont mind to build something a little better for a little more rent.
Re: Housing Development In Enugu (pictures) by enyojo(f): 2:55pm On Apr 29, 2011
spyder880:

@ egift, some of the buildings you pasted are not sullivan works, like the maryland estates was done by chimaroke, call it the real name, it was loma linda estates in maryland. It is funny you are posting pictures of the govt house done by M.I Okpara in 1960s, who are you deceiving?

Yet some persons will just be comparing him with Fashola
Re: Housing Development In Enugu (pictures) by Fhemmmy: 3:01pm On Apr 29, 2011
enyojo:

Yet some persons will just be comparing him with Fashola

Lol
Re: Housing Development In Enugu (pictures) by Bawss1(m): 3:06pm On Apr 29, 2011
I don't think anybody is saying Enugu is now paradise on earth. There remains a lot of work to be done but the efforts so far should be commended. Enugu, Lagos, Rivers and Akwa Ibom( the land of pretty girls grin) states have governors that seem serious about their jobs.

1 Like

Re: Housing Development In Enugu (pictures) by Sharonf(f): 3:25pm On Apr 29, 2011
Governor's Lodge
Office of the First Lady

This is development?
Re: Housing Development In Enugu (pictures) by youngies(m): 3:34pm On Apr 29, 2011
enyojo:

ENUGU IS STILL NOT WORKING!

^^That photo you have up there is not Enugu, but Ibadan.
Why descend so low?
Re: Housing Development In Enugu (pictures) by Fhemmmy: 3:48pm On Apr 29, 2011
Sharon_f:

Governor's Lodge
Office of the First Lady

This is development?

Seems now that many are using the word development so loosely , , , , , i remember people talking of development some years ago in Ibadan cos their governor then was building public toilets, while people are hungry
Re: Housing Development In Enugu (pictures) by Bawss1(m): 3:57pm On Apr 29, 2011
Sharon_f:

Governor's Lodge
Office of the First Lady

This is development?

Yeah was going to say the same though. Rebuilding or renovation of government lodges and mansions cannot be labelled as development, it makes mockery of other worthy projects.
Re: Housing Development In Enugu (pictures) by playmode(m): 4:07pm On Apr 29, 2011
Ask your Governor to have a look at this thread.Container housing will provide affordable housing for the poor.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-656655.0.html

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria Air Force Airstrike Destroys New Boko Haram Camp (video) / Gani Adams: I See APC, PDP Breaking Up And New Party Formed Before 2023 / BUA Chairman, Abdulsamad Rabiu Bags Nigerian Army Recognition Award (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.