Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,115 members, 7,807,363 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:45 PM

How To Find A Boyfriend Online - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How To Find A Boyfriend Online (8150 Views)

Girl Blasted For Posting Intimate Pictures Of Herself And Boyfriend Online / What Do Guys Really Mean When They Ask A Girl If She Has A Boyfriend? / At What Age Should a Girl Have a Boyfriend? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Find A Boyfriend Online by moneymail(m): 11:52pm On Jun 02, 2007
Finding a boyfriend online used to be something almost shameful, usually associated with women who couldn't find a boyfriend using more conventional means. Today, however, online dating has become much more acceptable. The Internet doesn’t necessarily make the process of finding a boyfriend any easier but it may make it safer and save you some time.

Take a moment to determine your best qualities. What do you bring to the table in a relationship? Also figure out your deal-breakers, things that will sink the relationship no matter what.

Find a dating site that fits your needs. There are hundreds of sites specifically for online dating.

Sign up for a site by filling out the membership information. This will include things like your mailing address and e-mail address. Spread yourself around and cast your net widely so you are likely to catch at least one fish in the Internet sea.
Fill out a profile. When doing this, you will need pictures of yourself and a list of your interests.

Search other people's profiles. You can often narrow the number of profiles you look at by searching for specific criteria.

Chat online with your choices to create a short list of guys with potential.

Ask the guy to meet in person. Find a neutral, public spot. Let your friends and family know when and where you will be meeting.
Re: How To Find A Boyfriend Online by myro(m): 2:33pm On Jun 03, 2007
dude do u have a girlfriend? if so where did you meet?

if you don't then i'd suggest you followed ur advice on a good dating site instead of selfishly enriching the pond by changing multiple minds about online dating just so you could choose one.

personal opinion:
most of my dating has been online and i have no regrets.
Re: How To Find A Boyfriend Online by omogenaija(f): 2:58pm On Jun 03, 2007
i cant believe my post were deleted angry

anyways like i said b4 wat ur moneymail said might not work for everyone but since u have an idea bout romance u should write a book
Re: How To Find A Boyfriend Online by uchinneka(f): 4:51pm On Jun 03, 2007
money mail, really datin one on line isnt easy. distance usually bleeps evrythin up
Re: How To Find A Boyfriend Online by sley4life(m): 5:14pm On Jun 03, 2007
well, it doesnt really work, if u have recharge card, it will work fine grin
Re: How To Find A Boyfriend Online by uchinneka(f): 5:27pm On Jun 03, 2007
its goes beyond recharge card my dear, anyway once had one, schedulled to meet but somthin came up. evrythin was clumbsy
Re: How To Find A Boyfriend Online by dearstan(m): 9:23pm On Jun 03, 2007
moneymail:

Finding a boyfriend online used to be something almost shameful, usually associated with women who couldn't find a boyfriend using more conventional means. Today, however, online dating has become much more acceptable. The Internet doesn’t necessarily make the process of finding a boyfriend any easier but it may make it safer and save you some time.

Take a moment to determine your best qualities. What do you bring to the table in a relationship? Also figure out your deal-breakers, things that will sink the relationship no matter what.

Find a dating site that fits your needs. There are hundreds of sites specifically for online dating.

Sign up for a site by filling out the membership information. This will include things like your mailing address and e-mail address. Spread yourself around and cast your net widely so you are likely to catch at least one fish in the Internet sea.
Fill out a profile. When doing this, you will need pictures of yourself and a list of your interests.

Search other people's profiles. You can often narrow the number of profiles you look at by searching for specific criteria.

Ask the guy to meet in person. Find a neutral, public spot. Let your friends and family know when and where you will be meeting.

I'd say you is Dr Love
Re: How To Find A Boyfriend Online by DrDre1(m): 11:48am On Jun 04, 2007
What this internet go cause sef grin
Re: How To Find A Boyfriend Online by tasiana(m): 2:38pm On Jun 04, 2007
Re: How To Find A Boyfriend Online by mazia(m): 9:48pm On Jun 04, 2007
[quote][/quote]Spread yourself around and cast your net widely so you are likely to catch at least one fish in the Internet sea.

Well online dating for Nigeria?? wow , I need to keep myself abreast with whats going on back home. someone just called you Dr Love, how can you explain a sitaution where you are talking to three or more women online trying to score one for a date and they all show interest in you?
how would you handle that without coming off as a player?
Personally i dont give a hoot about online dating but having your profiles at many dating sites gives the impression of a desperate man.
Re: How To Find A Boyfriend Online by iice(f): 5:38am On Jun 05, 2007
Oops not my scene grin takes the back door
Re: How To Find A Boyfriend Online by mekoyo(m): 9:28am On Jun 05, 2007
Man i think you found yours through this cause you really outlined every process step by step. wink wink
Re: How To Find A Boyfriend Online by bluenubian(f): 9:34am On Jun 05, 2007
moneymail:

umm ok undecided so who are u telling and what to u tend to gain from this?
Re: How To Find A Boyfriend Online by MsOlaolu(f): 11:13am On Jun 05, 2007
y do u want 2 date online? its tacky nd pathetic and its just another scam of d internet to make money off us! hiss! i heard dat it neva works out sha!
Re: How To Find A Boyfriend Online by onome02(f): 11:29am On Jun 05, 2007
online dating doesn't really work to me, u can make friends online cos i've made a lot friends via d web. but dating??,  well, anyone who wants to date online should be ultra careful and give it a period of at least a month after meeting b4 u dive into a relationship, always look b4 u leap grin
Re: How To Find A Boyfriend Online by haywhy(m): 11:37am On Jun 05, 2007
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm grin grin
Re: How To Find A Boyfriend Online by Richaado: 1:48pm On Jun 05, 2007
Join Legwork.com.ng for free dating service. Look for that special guy and girl on Legwork.com.ng. You can send mail, chat and send web2sms on Legwork.com.ng. Find you soul mate Now.

Click legwork.com.ng
Re: How To Find A Boyfriend Online by onome02(f): 2:52pm On Jun 05, 2007
legwork nigeria hahahahahahaha RIGHT! tongue
Re: How To Find A Boyfriend Online by mimiko(f): 4:10pm On Jun 05, 2007
na wa for this Author sef are you encouraging online dating or what?  undecided wen u know that its a smaller version of YAHOO YAHOO
Re: How To Find A Boyfriend Online by smartkulk(m): 4:15pm On Jun 05, 2007
Wat's ur problem wit dis pple?
Re: How To Find A Boyfriend Online by bode4onyx(m): 2:25pm On Jun 06, 2007
whatever,
Re: How To Find A Boyfriend Online by DeepSoul(f): 2:37pm On Jun 06, 2007
I do not have a problem with people meeting online and subsequently dating, in reality.

What I do not understand is how people actually meet onlne and date online. It just doesnt sound realistic to me.
Re: How To Find A Boyfriend Online by haywhy(m): 2:44pm On Jun 06, 2007
Its not common in 9ja but e dey happen oooo wink cheesy grin
Re: How To Find A Boyfriend Online by oatgold20(f): 3:15pm On Jun 06, 2007
It works out at times.I have like three known cases that actually led to marriage and have worked beautifully.So U could give it a trial.For more about this you could send me a mail to me oatgold20@yahoo.com
Re: How To Find A Boyfriend Online by Makamiyaki(m): 3:22pm On Jun 06, 2007
Ahem!!!
Re: How To Find A Boyfriend Online by BlkDiamond(f): 10:31pm On Jun 06, 2007
buhahaahhah una no serious ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d anyways i dont know but it isnt that safe to date online.
Re: How To Find A Boyfriend Online by KpopHam(m): 7:43am On Jun 07, 2007
. . . hmmmm, if they only knew grin hehehe
Re: How To Find A Boyfriend Online by McDoe(m): 9:44am On Jun 07, 2007
Online dating does work seldomly but it is much easier to make ordinary friends than dating online. One of the barriers is distance; call it logistics. However, I have once dated a babe online. She was at Ado-Ekiti poly and I was here in Lagos. She traced me down to Lagos. The magic wand at this point in time was my ability to move her emotions to a point where she longed for me uncontrollable. So in online dating you must be percieved to be honest, constructive, lively and romantic.
Re: How To Find A Boyfriend Online by codelady(f): 10:26pm On Jun 09, 2007
some people are bound to gain from this post, however, i personally don't subscribe to online dating because a lot of the so-called "daters" are actually scam artists. it's the easiest web of deception to spin - you don't have to be a rocket-scientist to figure it out! there are lots of socially acceptable physical ways to meet singles-millions! nothing can beat that. true, some people get lucky, but are the odds really feasible enough? it's much safer than putting your heart on the line for a stranger (who's probably lying, anyway). cheers
Re: How To Find A Boyfriend Online by desodgi(m): 1:17pm On Jun 10, 2007
By placing an advert! grin
Re: How To Find A Boyfriend Online by kinzolic(m): 9:21am On Jun 11, 2007
haywhy:

Its not common in Nigeria but e dey happen oooo wink cheesy grin

Who told u it's not common here in Nigeria,virtually all dating sites have nigerians on it and more nigerian dating sites have been launched.

Dating online has worked for so many people i know including myself,when u meet someone online u don't jst rush yourself into meeting with the person it's always better if u get to know the person better,share,chat,talk on phone with d person then you know if he/she is d right person,talking from experience,i'm not trying to lead u on though but i know it sure works but not 100% certified
Re: How To Find A Boyfriend Online by desodgi(m): 12:39pm On Jun 11, 2007
long thing.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What’s The Sexiest Outfit A Girl Should Wear To Turn You On? / HE Slept With A Female Lecturer To Get A In A 7unit Course In School, "Judge! / Please Is This Rape?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.