Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,315 members, 7,780,765 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:30 PM

Blackberry Or Nokia C6? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Blackberry Or Nokia C6? (5702 Views)

Nokia C6-00 (general: System Error) / How Much Is Nokia C6-01 / How Much Is Nokia C6 Or Nokia X6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Blackberry Or Nokia C6? by kinremi(m): 4:26pm On Dec 20, 2010
which one will you prefer, blackberry or nokia c6? please give reasons for your choice.
thank u.
Re: Blackberry Or Nokia C6? by Lexusgs430: 2:46am On Jan 02, 2011
Which of the Blackberry models are you drawing a comparison with ?
Re: Blackberry Or Nokia C6? by kinremi(m): 8:08am On Jan 04, 2011
blackberry bold 2
Re: Blackberry Or Nokia C6? by Lexusgs430: 1:53am On Jan 05, 2011
Now where do you want me to start from ?
Both are very good smartphones, that do different things, for differing users !
Like for like comparison - :
Battery power - Nokia is better
Ability to Ping - 9700
Ease of use - depending on user
Touchscreen - Nokia
Slide Keyboard - Nokia
Weight - Nokia is heavier
There are a lot of comparisons that can be done, but will stop @ the basic ones !
You need to know what you want a phone to do for you, then you can make an informed decision
NB : If I were to give you an honest advise, I'd say go for the BB 9700, you can do more and achieve more from it, other Nairalanders might beg to differ !!!
Re: Blackberry Or Nokia C6? by Mafia4life(m): 10:31am On Jan 05, 2011
@ poster.
A honest advice to you. I believe the previous poster is a female.
Count BB out of ur life except you just want to style up with it. For BB, you will enjoy unlimited downloads when you subscribe to BB service. Application wise, nothing special apart from its featured apps like Twitter, facebook etc.
Reasons why i recommend Nokia are as below:
Battery life is great
Ping Is owesome ( but you need to install WhatsApp )
Chatting app comes with the ability to do voice chat and video chat to someone on GTalk, Yahoo etc using any smartphone like Iphone, Android, Window Mobile, Palm Os and Laptop except someone on Blackberry ( But you must install RocketTalk on ur C6 )
Downloading torrent files is made possibe.
Sharing File just like limewire is possible ( But you must install symella ).
Camera output is great.
Email messages comes directly to ur phone without clicking bla bla to retrieve.
You can set up more than 8 different email account on ur fone eg gmail, yahoo, hotmail, ovi mail etc and very easy to set up.
You dont need MTN to send you configuration settings before you start browsing ( it is done automatically ).
Eventaully, you have Playstation One, GameBoy Color, GameBoy advance, Sega genesis, Ending man and N-gage engine on ur palm.
You have Wifi hotspot just like that in laptops.
Ur fone will be your police when stolen - that means it will automatically send you the phone number, SIM serial, current location and the call and text message log to you frequently without the thief's knowledge.
Your phone will play any type of video that computer can play be it video CD or DVD, it still plays it.
You can't get lost since your fone can show you directions using GPS satellite.
You can work with microsoft packages on your fone and print directly from ur fone.
The last - you will enjoy free browsing,
Big ups to Symbian,
He he he he he,
Re: Blackberry Or Nokia C6? by Lexusgs430: 4:06am On Jan 06, 2011
@ Mafia4life - How you wished I was female, but sorry to bust your bubble, cos I am male.
I have used all sort of phones, and having moved up from curve to now the torch, I am speaking from experience.
I am not discrediting what you have said,but a mobile device is a personal issue, and what we expect to achieve from our devices varies. ie some people only need mobile phones for calls, sms and the camera fuctionality !
Re: Blackberry Or Nokia C6? by Mafia4life(m): 11:14am On Jan 06, 2011
Lexusgs430:

@ Mafia4life - How you wished I was female, but sorry to bust your bubble, cos I am male.
I have used all sort of phones, and having moved up from curve to now the torch, I am speaking from experience.
I am not discrediting what you have said,but a mobile device is a personal issue, and what we expect to achieve from our devices varies. ie some people only need mobile phones for calls, sms and the camera fuctionality !
True talk, Since you was once a user of symbian, your review is unbelieveable, My junior sister uses blackberry tour. I have gone thru it and still want to add more features to increase its functionality, It is just java based and the java packages of BB is runned by a third party app. I have used Bold and Touch, All the same in fuctions, I hope you are not judging/recommending out of experience with symbian fones like Sendo X, 6600, 7610 etc?
Re: Blackberry Or Nokia C6? by kinremi(m): 11:20am On Jan 06, 2011
Thank you guys. i settled for Nokia c6 which i prefer given fucntions i expect my phone to perform. i cannot use any phone that is not on symbian platform.

Please i need symbian applications for this phone, pls send your clues.

thanks.
Re: Blackberry Or Nokia C6? by Mafia4life(m): 11:42am On Jan 06, 2011
kinremi:

Thank you guys. i settled for Nokia c6 which i prefer given fucntions i expect my phone to perform. i cannot use any phone that is not on symbian platform.

thanks.
kinremi:

thanks.
Welcome to the world of symbian. Firstly, send me ur IMES no so that i will get you ur signning .cer and .key so that u will be able to sign app and install, Install nimbuzz ( the sis version, From www.nimbuzzout.com ) my ID is southsider2009. Add me so that we can exchange ideas
Re: Blackberry Or Nokia C6? by MrTemple(m): 5:37pm On Jan 06, 2011
@Mafia4life
I luv ur contribution, kip it up.
Pls i tink i nid ur help cos i jst got nokia N97 4rm sum1 & would luv it if u help me hw 2 enjoy it, application wise & odawise.
Spivybiggy@yahoo.com or 08033999601. Tanks in anticipation.
Re: Blackberry Or Nokia C6? by Mafia4life(m): 9:41pm On Jan 06, 2011
Mr Temple:

@Mafia4life
I luv your contribution, kip it up.
Pls i tink i nid your help cos i jst got nokia N97 4rm sum1 & would luv it if u help me hw 2 enjoy it, application wise & odawise.
Spivybiggy@yahoo.com or 08033999601. Tanks in anticipation.
Firstly, It is good you get urself nimbuzz for facebook chat ( which BB have ) or RocketTalk ( to make use of ur front camera as web cam on yahoo messenger ie video chat. It is 100 percent free on wifi only ).
It depends on what you want ur mini computer to do for u, Ebook, all sort of dictionaries or?
Re: Blackberry Or Nokia C6? by Lexusgs430: 2:07am On Jan 07, 2011
@ kinremi - how much did u pay for the C6 ? Thanks
Re: Blackberry Or Nokia C6? by Nobody: 9:45pm On Jan 07, 2011
i'm getting my c6 4 42k 2mao in onitsha, wanna join u guys
Re: Blackberry Or Nokia C6? by Nobody: 9:47pm On Jan 07, 2011
i'm getting my c6 4 42k 2mao in onitsha, wanna join u guys
Re: Blackberry Or Nokia C6? by WackyJ1(m): 10:57pm On Jan 07, 2011
Mafia4life your phone needs a vacation. Look at all the things your making it do.
Re: Blackberry Or Nokia C6? by Nobody: 1:20am On Jan 08, 2011
WackyJ1:

Mafia4life your phone needs a vacation. Look at all the things your making it do.
lol
Re: Blackberry Or Nokia C6? by MrTemple(m): 9:50am On Jan 08, 2011
@mafia4life, tanx 4 ur response.
I ve downloaded nimbuzz & dont ve wifi in ma area, wat do i do?
my quickoffice & adobe reader has expired 2, any help?
pls send me ur contact 2 spicybiggy@yahoo.com
waitin pls!
Re: Blackberry Or Nokia C6? by Mafia4life(m): 11:55am On Jan 08, 2011
Mr Temple:

@mafia4life, tanx 4 your response.
I ve downloaded nimbuzz & dont ve wifi in ma area, wat do i do?
my quickoffice & adobe reader has expired 2, any help?
pls send me your contact 2 spicybiggy@yahoo.com
waitin pls!
You can still use ur credit or subscribe to a bundle to test some features like calling. I guess you have 3G there ( for better quality ). Create ur account on nimbuzz, add other communities like yahoo, facebook etc, This is my contact
Nimbuzz : southsider2009
Yahoo : rick_frisk
facebook:southsider2009
twitter : @southsider2010
i will send you cracked version of office and adobe soon, Meanwhile, get ur email push activated, Very important
welcome to the world of tech ( Symbian )
Re: Blackberry Or Nokia C6? by Nobody: 4:09pm On Jan 08, 2011
i've registad @ dt syt, cer.opda.cn/en nd i've requestd 4 my cert, wat nxt shld i do?
I jst got myc6 2day
Re: Blackberry Or Nokia C6? by Mafia4life(m): 4:31pm On Jan 08, 2011
jimmy4x:

i've registad @ dt syt, cer.opda.cn/en nd i've requestd 4 my cert, wat nxt shld i do?
I jst got myc6 2day
download freesigner.sisx keep. Back date your fone to 2008 or 2009.
Wait for ur .cer and .key
After that, configure the freesigner with the 2 files, Behold! You may now sign unsigned files
Re: Blackberry Or Nokia C6? by Nobody: 5:03pm On Jan 08, 2011
fnx bro, bt 4 ow lng i'm I gonna wait my .cer nd key, I appreciate u bro
Re: Blackberry Or Nokia C6? by WackyJ1(m): 5:10pm On Jan 08, 2011
Check in the next 12hrs
Re: Blackberry Or Nokia C6? by WackyJ1(m): 5:12pm On Jan 08, 2011
Mafia4life:

i will send you cracked version of office and adobe soon, Meanwhile, get your email push activated, Very important
welcome to the world of tech ( Symbian )
The cracked version of quick office and adobe cannot be installed in an unhacked phone. That's my dilemma now and my Quick office is asking for licence.
Re: Blackberry Or Nokia C6? by MrTemple(m): 12:45pm On Jan 09, 2011
@mafia4life
tanx 4 ur concern.
Pls i'm stil waitin 4 cracked version of both quickoffice & adobe reader & hw do i get my N97 hacked?
Waitin pls
Re: Blackberry Or Nokia C6? by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jan 09, 2011
I don backd8 taya, error in certificate nd expired cert has bn d response, wat do I do?
Re: Blackberry Or Nokia C6? by WackyJ1(m): 5:52pm On Jan 09, 2011
Download your certificate and key, configure your freesigner to use it and then use it to sign those apps
Re: Blackberry Or Nokia C6? by Nobody: 11:40am On Jan 10, 2011
bro, d problem is, I CANT gwt to install d freesigner itself
Re: Blackberry Or Nokia C6? by Mafia4life(m): 12:04pm On Jan 10, 2011
if ur cer and key is ready or not, the freesiger is there for u to download, That site u registered to get ur cer has it for free. Browse carefully, you will find it,
Re: Blackberry Or Nokia C6? by WackyJ1(m): 4:16pm On Jan 10, 2011
The free signer is at the Opda site where you got your cert and key at the bottom of the page where you are to download it.
Re: Blackberry Or Nokia C6? by Nobody: 9:02pm On Jan 10, 2011
i av downloaded it but its nt installing even qfta backdating, its telling me xpired cert and dt maybe i avnt gotten d ryt date, i jst upgraded my phonez firmware from v11 to v20
Re: Blackberry Or Nokia C6? by WackyJ1(m): 1:38am On Jan 11, 2011
Try each of the years between 2007 and 2009
Re: Blackberry Or Nokia C6? by Nobody: 5:54am On Jan 11, 2011
nun worked o, maybe u gv me d exact date, month nd year u used

(1) (2) (Reply)

Airtel Free 500mb Data And 1gb For 2018 / USA Used Samsung Galaxy S8 64gb For 30,000 Naira / Miui V5 Custom Rom Tecno P5 And Tecno M3 By Tevinlugther

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.