Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,290 members, 7,807,985 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:25 AM

Wikipedia: Is Faze This Big? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Wikipedia: Is Faze This Big? (7738 Views)

Yes Faze Is Signed To Konvict Music/checkout The Link From Wikipedia / 2Face Lyrics Stolen From Faze Of Plantation Boys? / Faze or 2Face (tuface): who is better in singing? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wikipedia: Is Faze This Big? by Nobody: 5:43pm On Dec 20, 2010
Was doing a research on nigerian music on the global scene and i was refferred to this wikipedia blog about faze, according to this article,faze seems to be one of the most successful and biggest nigerian acts,nairalanders over to you,

Faze (musician)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
Faze
Birth name Chibuzor Oji
Origin Delta State, Igbo, Nigeria
Genres R&B, Pop, Reggae, Nigerian hip hop
Occupations Singer–songwriter, record producer
Years active 1995 - present
Labels Westside Records, Nigeria (2004-2006)
Independent Entertainment (2006-present)
Associated acts Plantashun Boyz, Ruggedman, Sauce Kid, I.G.H.O, Modenine, Iyanya, Estar, Pheel, African China
Website [1]

Faze (real name Chibuzor Oji) is a Nigerian musician and was a member of Nigerian hip hop group Plantashun Boyz (other members Black Face and Tu Face). The group split up in 2004 and each member of the group has gone on to launch successful solo careers.

Faze has earned himself a name in the Nigerian music industry as one of the most sold Nigerian artists of all time with his first album 'Faze Alone' pushing out over one million copies while his sophomore 'Independent' distributed over one million copies before the release date for the album. Till date it has scored 3 million copies making it one of the most successful albums of 2007 and in Nigerian music history. His third effort 'Originality' went platinum in its first month of release. Faze is still known to have hit the highest vocal note by any Nigerian contemporary superstar till date. He also holds the record of being the first Nigerian artist of all-time with three platinum albums consecutively especially after the commercial flop of top artist Tu Face's third album 'Unstopppable' due to lack of proper promotion. Faze's position as the only artist with three consecutive platinum albums was broken by P-Square's Danger album. Faze finished third in Vanguards Naija music (fans favourite) Idol behind Tuface (winner) and P-Square (1st runner-up) beating top acts like D'banj, Asa, 9ice, Ruggedman& Styl Plus. Faze is also one of Nigeria's richest artists earning hundreds of thousands of Dollars yearly. [2] He has recorded songs with international artists Wyclef and Naughty by Nature [3]. He has got lots of awards and nominations.
Contents
[hide]

* 1 Early life and career
* 2 Faze Alone Era
* 3 Discography
o 3.1 Solo albums
o 3.2 With Plantashun Boiz
o 3.3 Compilation
o 3.4 Other albums
* 4 Videography
* 5 Faze awards & nominations
o 5.1 Nominations
o 5.2 Won
* 6 References
* 7 External links

[edit] Early life and career

Chibuzor Richard Oji was born in 1977 in Festac Town, Lagos. Oji is the fourth of a large family of nine children. All family members are said to possess good singing vocals pioneered by the long time spent during prayers. Oji made his first attempt to gain publicity when he contested in the DBN Karaoke in 1994 and successfully won. Prior to joining the Plantashun Boyz he was a rapper by name 'Lyrical Orge'. He would later abduct a different name similar to other members (Tuface and Black Face) of his band when he joined them. Oji would peacefully be with the group selling millions of copies until the group split in 2003. As a member of the group, Oji was more of a back-up singer delivering few verses and partaking in choruses.
[edit] Faze Alone Era

In 2004 after the split of the Plantashun Boiz, Faze got signed to Westside Music Inc. in Lagos, Nigeria to produce his first solo effort by the title 'Faze Alone'. The album was the last of the Plantashun Boiz members to be released and would go on to gain a platinum status for sales of 1.2 million units in its first month mainly supported by the lead single Faze Alome which charted strongly reaching number 1 in Rhythm FM, Cool FM, Ray Power FM and number 8 on Cosmo FM's biggest hits of 2004 as well. The other singles 'Miss U' and Angel gabriella were also well received with the later charting strongly. The album would introduce Faze's signature vocals as the artist with the highest vocal note amongst all Nigerian music acts leading to his win at 2006 Hip-Hop World award for the Best Vocalist Category. The lead single is noted as Faze's most memorable single ever and is generally heralded as one of the most heart-stricken, inspiring and motivating classic song of all time by any Nigerian artist. His material is released on his own imprint, Independent Records.
[edit] Discography
Main article: Faze Discography
[edit] Solo albums

* Faze Alone (2004)
* Independent (2006)
* Originality (2008)
* Relate (TBA)

[edit] With Plantashun Boiz

* Body and Soul (2000)
* Sold Out (2003)
* Plan B (2007)

[edit] Compilation

* Bad Sharp Guys with various artists

[edit] Other albums

* Untitled with Ruggedman (2004) (Shelved)

[edit] Videography

* Kolomental Video (2007)
* Originality Video(2009)

[edit] Faze awards & nominations
[edit] Nominations

* MOBO Awards- Best African Act- Independent (2008)
* Channel O Awards - Best Newcomer Video - Kolomental (2007)
* Channel O Awards- Best West African Video- Loving you Everyday (2008)
* Hip-Hop World Awards- Best R&B/Pop Album of the Year- Independent (2008)
* Hip-Hop World Awards- Best Song of the Year- Kolomental (2008)
* Hip-Hop World Awards- Best Album of the Year- Independent (2008)
* Hip-Hop World Awards- Recording of the Year- Need Somebody (2008)
* Hip-Hop World Awards- Best Vocal Performance- Someone like me (2008)
* Nigeria Music Video Awards- I'm in love (2010)
* AMEN Awards- Most Popular Song- Kolomental (2007)
* AMEN Awards- Best Male Vocalist (2007)
* AMEN Awards- Best R&B Male Vocal Performance (2007)
* AMEN Awards- Best R&B Album- Independent (2007)
* AMEN Awards- Best Song of the Year- Kolomental (2007)
* AMEN Awards- Best Album of the Year- Independent (2007)
* AMEN Awards- Best Act of the Year (2007)
* Soundcity Awards- Best Male Video of the Year-Kolomental (2008)
* Soundcity Awards- Best Direction Video of the Year- Kolomental (2008)
* Soundcity Awards- Best Video of the Year- Tattoo Girls (2008)
* Soundcity Awards- Best Chereography of the Year -Kpo Kpo Di Kpo (2008)
* Soundcity Awards- Best R&B Video of the Year- Need Somebody (2008)
* Nigeria Entertainment Awards- Best male vocalist (2006)
* Nigeria Entertainment Awards- Best R&B Album of the Year (2007)
* Futures Awards- Best Artistes of the year (2008)
* 8 Fame Music Awards- Best Male Act (2006)

[edit] Won

* SoundCity Awards- Best Chereography Video- Kpo Kpo Di Kpo (2008)
* Hip-Hop World Awards- Best Vocalist of the year (2006)
Re: Wikipedia: Is Faze This Big? by MeGaStReEt: 6:44pm On Dec 20, 2010
my favorite 9ja musician, I love this guy, but him don dey fall my hand of late

wtf is Gear One and Relate, see Faze ehn, I dey para for you ooo

the way I dey hype you back then ehn, I no fit yan for were my pals dey now anytime we dey talk of 9ja musicians

abeg make good music jor
Re: Wikipedia: Is Faze This Big? by Nobody: 6:46pm On Dec 20, 2010
its wikipedia duh!
Re: Wikipedia: Is Faze This Big? by Lyrikadude: 4:05pm On Dec 22, 2010
Faze is getting tired cos he has really worked hard on previous works,especially his second Album(Independent),and at that time he was under the pressure of the competition with 2face,but i think the competition is not there again,cos 2Baba is way ahead,

Its obvious Faze doesn't have the commercial savvy to keep up in the game,

His last album was only Manageable,{lets be frank}

And now am sure no one will dare to compare 2face with Faze again cos its now totally obvious that 2face edges him out, Check out Implication,Only Me and Raindrop,

Faze doesn't know it takes more than mere struggle to keep it going,

With GEAR ONE and RELATE, Faze career is really nose-diving, i neva knew it could be so soon,

Sorryyyyyyyyy shocked shocked shocked
Re: Wikipedia: Is Faze This Big? by Lyrikadude: 4:16pm On Dec 22, 2010
Faze is getting tired cos he has really worked hard on previous works,especially his second Album(Independent),and at that time he was under the pressure of the competition with 2face,but i think the competition is not there again,cos 2Baba is way ahead,

And now am sure no one will dare to compare 2face with Faze again cos its now totally obvious that 2face edges him out, Check out Implication,Only Me and Raindrop,

With GEAR ONE and RELATE, Faze career is really nose-diving, i neva knew it could be so soon,

Re: Wikipedia: Is Faze This Big? by Nobody: 10:39am On Dec 27, 2010
Lyrikadude:

depends on how u see it, commercially(as per record/album sales) faze is way ahead of tu-face, we all know that since tu face left kennis he has not really sold dat much,na endorsements dey help am and good management from now muzik, i dont know who is managing faze, i think dat is where he's problem lies,management.
Re: Wikipedia: Is Faze This Big? by iz2much: 2:00pm On Dec 27, 2010
the guys is messing up
i stopped listening to his songs
its messed up
what what what relate, gear one
thats non sense, he needs to develop else his career will be swept under the carpet
Re: Wikipedia: Is Faze This Big? by Nobody: 11:26am On Dec 29, 2010
i think he should just stick to his style and not get nervous about all the new guys coming up he still has it,anyway if this fails,he will revert to his old style.as for me i still like him, he's scandal free and not a lime light hugger.a good role model for kids and upcoming artists.

(1) (Reply)

Giza - Burna Boy - Feat. Seyi Vibez (Official Music Video) / Who Is Better East Coast Or West Coast / Rooftop Mcs: Lagimo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.