Nairaland Forum

Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / Login / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 1208526 members, 1560885 topics. Date: Wednesday, 23 July 2014 at 08:49 AM

Is There Racism In England? - Ethnic, Racial, Or Sectarian Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ethnic, Racial, Or Sectarian Politics / Is There Racism In England? (1987 Views)

Why 50% Of Black Men in The Caribbean Community In England With White Women / Racism In Nigeria - Worst In World / Have You Ever Experienced Racism In Yankee? (1) (2) (3) (4)

(0) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is There Racism In England? by mamagee3(f): 10:56pm On Dec 20, 2010
I know of racism here in the U.S. but I have been pondering on the issue of racism in Ebgland.

Is there racism in England?

Re: Is There Racism In England? by SEFAGO(m): 11:11pm On Dec 20, 2010
Well there is racism everywhere duh. I would consider europe worse than the US in terms of racism
Re: Is There Racism In England? by 190(f): 12:51am On Dec 21, 2010
yeah there is,

some blacks are denied Jobs

a friend of mine got stoned with raw egg

while i heard another story of someone been shown a black monkey by kids
Re: Is There Racism In England? by Dsense(m): 1:10am On Dec 21, 2010
mama-gee:

I know of racism here in the U.S. but I have been pondering on the issue of racism in Ebgland.

Is there racism in England?

Surely . . .There is!
Re: Is There Racism In England? by manmustwac(m): 2:56am On Dec 21, 2010
If you say there is racism in the U K please state your own personal experience.
Re: Is There Racism In England? by SeanT21(f): 4:50am On Dec 21, 2010
There is Racism everywhere!!
Re: Is There Racism In England? by pwiz(m): 2:59pm On Dec 21, 2010
Yep racism in England, Just cnt stand da molestation out here.Tryin to curb it in my own part!I don tire 4 dis england pple,
Re: Is There Racism In England? by Nobody: 4:09pm On Dec 21, 2010
190:

yeah there is,

some blacks are denied Jobs

a friend of mine got stoned with raw egg

while i heard another story of someone been shown a black monkey by kids

& yet you guys still go there. Im glad my mom decided to come to U.S. of A. Although there is racism here too, atleast I can say "Go back to Europe".  grin
Re: Is There Racism In England? by manmustwac(m): 5:22pm On Dec 21, 2010
Racism is here, but its not easy to notice and cannot be compared to tribalism which is our nigerian eqivalent.
Re: Is There Racism In England? by 190(f): 12:17am On Dec 22, 2010
p.wiz:

Yep racism in England, Just cnt stand da molestation out here.Tryin to curb it in my own part!I don tire 4 dis england pple,

ROTFL,

Then you change country!!
Re: Is There Racism In England? by cap28: 11:11pm On Dec 29, 2010
most definitely, blacks make up a very small minority here approximately 5% of the overall population and are not visible in many high profile positions ie as senior executives, lecturers, judges, high ranking civil servants etc

segregation is rife and is reflected in things like income levels, housing, jobs - many blacks struggle to earn as much as their white counterparts and tend to be concentrated in inner city crime ridden residential urban areas.

the majority of whites in the UK do not like living at close proximity to blacks and will move out of a neighbourhood if too many blacks move in.

Blacks in the UK tend to be concentrated in public sector low level jobs with a few token blacks in management or executive positions.

Many blacks born in the UK suffer from very low self esteem having been exposed to years and years of brain washing imposed on them by way of a eurocentric educational system.

All in all racism in the UK is very much alive and kicking but the english are very good at hypocrisy and they cover up their racist behaviour and attitudes by referring to england as a multicultural society, this is a ploy used to cover up the entrenched racist attitudes and belief systems.
Re: Is There Racism In England? by dempeople(m): 5:45am On Dec 30, 2010
cap28:

most definitely, blacks make up a very small minority here approximately 5% of the overall population and are not visible in many high profile positions ie as senior executives, lecturers, judges, high ranking civil servants etc

segregation is rife and is reflected in things like income levels, housing, jobs - many blacks struggle to earn as much as their white counterparts and tend to be concentrated in inner city crime ridden residential urban areas.

the majority of whites in the UK do not like living at close proximity to blacks and will move out of a neighbourhood if too many blacks move in.

Blacks in the UK tend to be concentrated in public sector low level jobs with a few token blacks in management or executive  positions. 

Many blacks born in the UK suffer from very low self esteem having been exposed to years and years of brain washing imposed on them by way of a eurocentric educational system.

All in all racism in the UK is very much alive and kicking but the english are very good at hypocrisy and they cover up their racist behaviour and attitudes by referring to england as a multicultural society, this is a ploy used to cover up the entrenched racist attitudes and belief systems.

You're on point. But let me go further to describe my personal feelings about racism. I think racism has a lot to do with self-respect. Respect is reciprocal afterall. We as human beings, are mirrors of the communities we originate from. When a community isn't doing well, the effects are mirrored on its people and, society tends to see such people from the perspective of the wellbeing of their community. And so for a quick comparison between us and the Asians, one would find that black people (mostly Afro-Caribbeans and Somalis - but we're all seen as black anyway) haven't fared well despite the fact that the exodus of black migration to the UK precedes the Asians. The Asians have done well here and so, are a mirror of their achievements (which is mostly on the positive side). It has clearly helped them to get ahead of blacks, in every sector in the UK. Racism is definitely an image problem embedded in years of negative stereotyping.
Re: Is There Racism In England? by xxcarolxx(f): 2:53am On Jan 02, 2011
Racism is every where when i was dating my ex, a friend not a close friend said, i would try and put him in a bath and bleach him, I was gobsmacked at what came out of her mouth, needless to say i cut contact straight away with her, Its small mind people who can't think outside of the box, I do not see skin colour i see a human being,

(0) (Reply)

Interesting Facial Similarity Between Some(non Khosian) Africans And Asians / Which Is The Most Racist City In America. / Why Are Most Yorubas Claiming That They Are From Lagos State(Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2014 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See Nairalist and How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.