Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,981 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:10 AM

Al Mustapha Freed - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Al Mustapha Freed (17977 Views)

MASSOB Loyalists, Al-mustapha, Fasheun, Mrs. Ojukwu Other Storm Owerri / Major Al-mustapha (rtd) Exposes , Lt- Gen. Abdulsalami (rtd) / How Sani Abacha Died…AL Mustapha. NOT BY APPLE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Al Mustapha Freed by Nektar(f): 6:18pm On Dec 21, 2010
Becomrich?:

Al Mustafa? was a hired killer who killed many pro democracy people. he shoot them under nigeria dictactor  General Sanni Abacha. . how can anyone free this man. I think it is wrong to put him in jail without taken him to court but freedom is not an option without a court case.

This man and oga roger killed as many people who wanted democracy.  Even in the north , i dont think they support that nonsense.

Is like telling nigerian, if you talk to me about democracy, I shoot you.
i agree wt u 100%.
Re: Al Mustapha Freed by Obijulius: 6:19pm On Dec 21, 2010
Dis is my man, everyday everytym.

As a self-confessed, staunch Abacha-loyalist, today is truning out to be one of my best this yr.

i was released on june 7th and my man on december 21st.

o boi!!!!! i'm so very happy.

u can strangle urselves(all u freedom haters) for all i care, but if dis is true den dis GEJ guy has done 1 good deed dat will make him dear to me from now onwards.

21 Gbosa!!!! 4 H A' M
Re: Al Mustapha Freed by IYANGBALI: 6:21pm On Dec 21, 2010
the monster has finally been relased very soon the dragon would be unleashed[b] NAIJA WATCHOUT[/b]
Re: Al Mustapha Freed by Nobody: 6:25pm On Dec 21, 2010
Pennywise:

If it is found that it was Abacha's ADC that was released, pple should seriously question the ability of Jonathan and his wife to rule this country
I don't believe until i see him with my korokoro eyes besides lagos state government is the prosecutor here.so why should he be released when kudirat case is still pending ?
Re: Al Mustapha Freed by Obijulius: 6:29pm On Dec 21, 2010
vigilantly monitoring d web for related posts on this topic.

will update dis house as soon as i found, all d same its not too early to start celebrating,

enjoy and stay tuned!!!
Re: Al Mustapha Freed by pingpong1: 6:33pm On Dec 21, 2010
Abacha's CSO, Al Mustapha Acquitted On Attempted Murder Charges
Posted: December 21, 2010 - 18:05

Al Mustapha
By SaharaReporters, New York

Major Hamzat Al Mustapha, the dreaded former Chief Security Officer to the late Nigerian military dictator, General Sanni Abacha, has been "released" by the Lagos High Court.

His release follows several years of trial for several alleged crimes, including the murder of Mrs. Kudirat Abiola, the wife of the deceased winner of the June 12, 1993 election, Chief M.K.O Abiola.

Sources at the Ministry of Justice in Lagos told SaharaReporters this evening that Al Mustapha's release today relates only to his trial for the attempted murder of Alex Ibru, the publisher of The Guardian. A few weeks ago, he made a no-case submission in connection with the case.

According to the source, Mr. Al Mustapha still faces other charges relating to the murder of Mrs. Kudirat Abiola. In the circumstances, it is unclear if Mr. Mustapha would be physically released after today's judgement.

Mr. Al Mustapha coordinated the assassination of top politicians, media practitioners and pro-democracy activists. Some of his high profile targets included businessman Pa Alfred Rewane, Kudirat Abiola, aned Alex Ibru, the publisher of The Guardian.

http://www.saharareporters.com/news-page/abachas-cso-al-mustapha-acquitted-attempted-murder-charges
Re: Al Mustapha Freed by Nobody: 6:36pm On Dec 21, 2010
ping pong:

Abacha's CSO, Al Mustapha Acquitted On Attempted Murder Charges
Posted: December 21, 2010 - 18:05

Al Mustapha
By SaharaReporters, New York

Major Hamzat Al Mustapha, the dreaded former Chief Security Officer to the late Nigerian military dictator, General Sanni Abacha, has been "released" by the Lagos High Court.

His release follows several years of trial for several alleged crimes, including the murder of Mrs. Kudirat Abiola, the wife of the deceased winner of the June 12, 1993 election, Chief M.K.O Abiola.

Sources at the Ministry of Justice in Lagos told SaharaReporters this evening that Al Mustapha's release today relates only to his trial for the attempted murder of Alex Ibru, the publisher of The Guardian. A few weeks ago, he made a no-case submission in connection with the case.

According to the source, Mr. Al Mustapha still faces other charges relating to the murder of Mrs. Kudirat Abiola. In the circumstances, it is unclear if Mr. Mustapha would be physically released after today's judgement.

Mr. Al Mustapha coordinated the assassination of top politicians, media practitioners and pro-democracy activists. Some of his high profile targets included businessman Pa Alfred Rewane, Kudirat Abiola, aned Alex Ibru, the publisher of The Guardian.

http://www.saharareporters.com/news-page/abachas-cso-al-mustapha-acquitted-attempted-murder-charges
I said it.the guy is going no where !
Re: Al Mustapha Freed by Nobody: 6:45pm On Dec 21, 2010
lagerwhenindoubt:

Give Nigerians enough time and they will absolutely forgive SATAN and hug him with loving arms.

You are absolutely right.
Re: Al Mustapha Freed by justise: 6:49pm On Dec 21, 2010
Al Mustapha is just a victim, like the rest of us

He did his job to the best of his ability,
I certainly have nothing against that.

Deep down, he seems like a nice enough guy, there was no reason to kill him.
Re: Al Mustapha Freed by Sagamite(m): 6:51pm On Dec 21, 2010
jamace:

I'm happy for his release. I think it has been long overdue. No matter his offense, being dumped in kirikiri for 11 years without trial is great injustice to him as well,   Kudos to GEJ for taking the bull by the horn. Others only played politics with justice.

I am someone that is highly vocal against injustice.

That said there are some injustices that rather than voluntarily scream injustice loudly and consistently as a vanguard against the act, I would just involuntarily whisper injustice strictly only when asked for a view. This arrogant animal is one of such cases.

This animal was one of the key cogs in injustices of torture, killings, torment, looting, framing and anti-democracy, which it is reported, when he still had immense power, he wilfully conducted with unguided/uninstructed aplomb. Thank God he lived to experience some of what he dished out diligently, with excitement and relish. Unfortunately he has not experienced the ultimate of his actions - Murder/Death. At least Saddam and Samuel Doe got theirs to my exhilirating excitement.

Hopefully the armed robbers of Nigeria will apply that to him sometime soon.

The fact that he has not been found guilty or not being able to be found guilty means little to me. He is just sadly a beneficiary of the rotten system that became the outcome of his contribution to our society, where witnesses are too struck with terror to help investigations, systems are in a rot and no records are kept, investigating officials are ill-equipped and incompetent, judicial officials are unscrupulous and corruptible.

May he die a miserable death soon.
Re: Al Mustapha Freed by bidemi12(m): 6:51pm On Dec 21, 2010
I am not against him being released since our impotent govt cannot prosecute him. it is wrong to incarserate someone for the sake of it. we know he did wrong but evidence must be produced, his cased judged and when found guilty put in jail or shot. For me, i have nightmares knowing that in nigeria, you can be picked up for any reason and put in jail indefinitely without justice taking course. Here's to al'mustafa's ambition to be president in the near future. knowing Nigerians, it is a high possiblity.
Re: Al Mustapha Freed by justise: 6:54pm On Dec 21, 2010
Sagamite:

I am someone that is highly vocal against injustice.

That said there are some injustices that rather than voluntarily scream injustice loudly and consistently as a vanguard against the act, I would just whisper injustice strictly only when asked for a view. This arrogant animal is one of such cases.

This animal was one of the key cogs in injustices of torture, killings, torment, looting and anti-democracy. Thank God he lived to experience some of what he dished out diligently, with excitement and relish. Unfortunately he has not experienced the ultimate of his actions - Murder/Death. At least Saddam and Samuel Doe got theirs to my exhilirating excitement.

Hopefully the armed robbers of Nigeria will apply that to him sometime soon.

The fact that he has not been found guilty or not being able to be found guilty means little to me. He is just sadly a beneficiary of the rotten system that became the outcome of his contribution to our society, where witnesses are too struck with terror to help investigations, systems are i n a rot and no records are kept, investigating officials are ill-equipped and incompetent, judicial officials are unscrupulous and corruptible.

May he die a miserable death soon.

What exactly did he do wrong?

The last time I checked, "Obeying your superior" isnt a crime.

What is the difference between Al Mustapha and the young US marines sent to Iraq to liberate Iraqis?

Hint: They both killed sporadically, on the order of their superiors. Despite that, the US marines are treated as heros in their homeland. Why cant we do that to Al Mustapha. For crying out sake, he was the CSO at one time, he kept the president safe at all times, against, mostly ,enemies of the state. I see nothing wrong in that!
Re: Al Mustapha Freed by Nobody: 6:55pm On Dec 21, 2010
justise:

Al Mustapha is just a victim, like the rest of us

He did his job to the best of his ability,
I certainly have nothing against that.

Deep down, he seems like a nice enough guy, there was no reason to kill him.
Very idi-otic conclusion.he killed people with his hands based on his boss order so, he should be held responsible for those murder.
Re: Al Mustapha Freed by Sagamite(m): 6:59pm On Dec 21, 2010
justise:

What is the difference between Al Mustapha and the young US marines sent to Iraq to liberate Iraqis?

Hint: They both killed sporadically, on the order of their superiors. Despite that, the US marines are treated as heros in their homeland. Why cant we do that to Al Mustapha. For crying out sake, he was the CSO at one time, he kept the president safe at all times, against, mostly ,enemies of the state. I see nothing wrong in that!

You are comparing a soldier ordered to go to war to fight armed resistance/soldiers to a soldier ordered to pick up and kill innocent, unarmed civilians on the streets? angry

Explain a bit more.
Re: Al Mustapha Freed by homerac7: 7:01pm On Dec 21, 2010
@ jaygetta,

Dos useless generals are morons. Weren't there factual evidences against them? Dey were greedy n ambitious enough to want to take over power but cowered at d face of d consequence. Ask round if there were no video evidences against them.

Al Mustapha was an agent of death in.his days in power, but dt doesn't make him culpable. I'm not being prejudicial, but if we lay sentiments aside we will c how dicey it is to nail him.

Having listened to d guy talk, he's very smart and reasonable. He severaly against he being forced to voice sensitive issues dt can easily and quickly jeopardize d national security. Same will b d case in court. He may b found involved but not culpable for complicated reasons.

He's simply a political prisoner. He knows too much. He just must b kept away for d security of many powerful people who has 'dirty' secrets wt him. He's a threat to many powerful people and has loyalty of many people in sensitive places.
Re: Al Mustapha Freed by justise: 7:04pm On Dec 21, 2010
~Bluetooth:

Very idi-otic conclusion.[b]he killed people with his hands based on his boss order s[/b]o, he should be held responsible for those murder.

Those people were trying to destabilize the polity.

These were people involved in ANTI-STATE activities.

He was a military officer, a very disciplined one, and one of the best for that matter, going by an article I read in TELL a long tome ago

He had a job and did his job to the best of his ability.

He is just the messenger. he personally has said it many times that he was sorry. he had no personal beef against the people he ordered killed. They were orders from above. Lets be objective here. I am Yoruba, and what happened in that era was unfortunate, but Al Mustapha in my eye did nothing wrong. If he did not do his job, someone else would have done it and he would have had to pay for his disobedience with his life. Why should he die for someone else; after all. he is not Jesus Christ!
Re: Al Mustapha Freed by Delible(m): 7:10pm On Dec 21, 2010
No sinner will go unpunished.That I know for sure.
Re: Al Mustapha Freed by justise: 7:10pm On Dec 21, 2010
Sagamite:

You are comparing a soldier ordered to go to war to fight armed resistance/soldiers to a soldier ordered to pick up and kill innocent, unarmed civilians on the streets?  angry

Explain a bit more.

Armed resistance my foot.
Yeah, the US army went to Iraq to fight the Russians?

Like the Iraqi army, to start with, were on the same level as the US Army?

Lets call a spade a spade. AL Mustapha killed defenseless people, so did the young marines. The Iraqi army on so many levels were no more than the innocent souls Al Mustapah ordered killed. For god sake, The US Army spends 400 billion dollars/year on their Military compared to the peanut the Iraqis spent, not to talk of the many civillians, children and women, that were killed, all in the name of liberating Iraqis.

Again, he had a job and did it to the best of his ability. The people he ordered killed posed tremendous danger to the security and peaceful existence of the country; hence their death, unfortunately.
Re: Al Mustapha Freed by bidemi12(m): 7:11pm On Dec 21, 2010
justise:

Kai!!!, take that back. Don’t you ever compare the military in Nigeria with the one’s in the US. When it’s your turn use the excuse that “my superior told me to do it” and see the result. Do you know how many soldiers are rotting away in Leavenworth right now who used that excuse? We are taught to question orders that go against the army values and my guy murder goes against it.
Re: Al Mustapha Freed by Nobody: 7:13pm On Dec 21, 2010
justise:

[s]Those people were trying to destabilize the polity.

[/s]

He was a military officer, a very disciplined one, and one of the best for that matter, going by an article I read in TELL a long tome ago

He is just the messenger. he personally has said it many times that he was sorry. he had no personal beef against the people he ordered killed. They were orders from above. Lets be objective here. I am Yoruba, and what happened in that era was unfortunate, but Al Mustapha in my eye did nothing wrong. If he did not do his job, someone else would have done it and he would have had to pay for his disobedience with his life. Why should he die for someone else; after all. he is not Jesus Christ!

Honestly,you are not making any sense.so Abiola and his wife were involved in anti-state activities ?
did you actually know the number of people that were killed bu this guy ?
Re: Al Mustapha Freed by Nobody: 7:18pm On Dec 21, 2010
Freed? Cant be true but If dat were to be true then am having second tots on GEJ cos almustapha doesnt deserve freedom cos of the killing of innocent nigerians by his killer squad during abachas regime. A MAN DAT DENIES OTHER THE RIGHT TO LIVE DOESNT DESERVE IT. HE WAS A MURDERER UNDER THE GUISE OF FOLLOWING ORDERS DURING LATE ABACHA S DICTATORIAL GESTAPO REGIME!
Re: Al Mustapha Freed by Sagamite(m): 7:20pm On Dec 21, 2010
justise:

Lets call a spade a spade. AL Mustapha killed defenseless people, so did the young marines. The Iraqi army on so many levels were no more than the innocent souls Al Mustapah ordered killed. For god sake, The US Army spends 400 billion dollars/year on their Military compared to the peanut the Iraqis spent, not to talk of the many civillians, children and women, that were killed, all in the name of liberating Iraqis.

Again, he had a job and did it to the best of his ability. The people he ordered killed posed tremendous danger to the security and peaceful existence of the country; hence their death, unfortunately.

You are a mooooron!

Soon you would be comparing the US army to Nazi killings of the Jews.

Reetard, is comparing a war to murder.

justise:

Those people were trying to destabilize the polity.

So you are saying people campaigning for democracy are ANTI-STATE and a threat to be exterminated but the people with guns looting and ruling the country by terror without a mandate are PRO-STATE that need to be defended?

So he killed 1, he killed 2, he killed 3 and he did not deem it justified to flee so he does not have to do it again and avoid his own life taken? Because, according to your logic, he is not Jesus Christ, that makes it okay? Why not, he was benefitting from the looting of the treasury in his post.

The Abacha government was not a threat to polity, security and peace of the state and its people?

My country keeps on churning out a high volume of CRETINS like this fooool!
Re: Al Mustapha Freed by Kilode1: 7:21pm On Dec 21, 2010
So since we are arguing based on the assumption that he actually killed Nigerian citizens based on Abacha's orders

justise:

The difference?

Iraqis soldiers are foreigners not American citizens.

Kudirat Abiola and Alfred Rewane were Nigerian citizens. Come back with another comparison/analogy.

A soldiers ultimate duty is defending Nigeria against external aggression.

Covert or overt killing of Nigerian citizens without trial, without due process. (even the military has due process) wether based on the orders of a Military commander or not should be punishable by Death!

*we are arguing based on the assumption that he actually killed those people*
Re: Al Mustapha Freed by justise: 7:24pm On Dec 21, 2010
~Bluetooth:

Honestly,you are not making any sense.so Abiola and his wife were involved in anti-state activities ?
did you actually know the number of people that were killed bu this guy ?

I watched Oputa panel like mad

I read every Tell magazine, and Guardian, of that era. I know what I am talking about.

Yes, Abiola engaged in ANTI-STATE activities, so did Kudirat, So did the lucky Alex Ibru.

It is not my job to decide what is anti state vs what is not, That is the job of the CSO and the security whatever in charge of keeping the country safe, Diya and Adisa were planning a coup for real, against the president of the country. I can go on and on.

The SW mostly was anti the government, and we were proud of that. The government felt threatened and they did what any military government of that era would do. BTW, for records, Abiola was not killed by Al Mustapha; Kudirat? Maybe.

Again, I repeat, it has been great injustice for him to have been held in Kirikiri for 11 years for absolutely no good reason. He ought to sue the government for damages. Because he is a nice guy, i doubt he would sue Nigeria.
Re: Al Mustapha Freed by jmaine: 7:25pm On Dec 21, 2010
Now my question is this. . if you were a soldier in Al Mustafa position would you disobey that last order of your superior more so the commander in chief of the arms forces. You and your family wanna die. try it and see the repercussion. but before someone is chosen for such a massive role . . .he will share the same ideology about suppressing the opposition and also would be a willing and a very lethal tool in fulfilling the bidding of his master. The reason why Abacha had so much faith in him that atimes he even had the temerity to restricts oga's wife in some cases to her chargrin. he said he was sorry ! who won't be sorry for his crimes after a negative tide is suddenly surging towards your freedom and existence. so he is still that beast we know him to be. sooner or later with his clout, expect to join his mates in the PDP cos that party is under the influence of retired military personnel. Al Mustafa is a threat though he made sure the likes of snicky Oseni didn't seize power rather he carefully engineered the ascension of Abdusalami( The most senior figure at that time) which berthed this fledgling demo-crazy. he is a hero of sort if i may say
Re: Al Mustapha Freed by Sagamite(m): 7:27pm On Dec 21, 2010
Kilode?!:

So since we are arguing based on the assumption that he actually killed Nigerian citizens based on Abacha's orders

The difference?

Iraqis soldiers are foreigners not American citizens.

Kudirat Abiola and Alfred Rewane were Nigerian citizens. Come back with another comparison/analogy.

A soldiers ultimate duty is defending Nigeria against external aggression.

Covert or overt killing of Nigerian citizens without trial, without due process. (even the military has due process) wether based on the orders of a Military commander or not should be punishable by Death!

*we are arguing based on the assumption that he actually killed those people*

He is reetarded, he is a fooool, a moooron and a cretin!

- He is justifying the use of the army to kill people of the state when the army is meant for use for defence of the people from external threat.

- He is comparing the killings that occur in armed warfare between armed adversaries of different states to the murder of unarmed and defenceless civilians by the army of his/her own state.

- He is justifying killing of civilians without trial.

- He is advocating and justifying the killing of civilians by any individual that seizes power without mandate and ruling against the populace choice.

An utter CRETIN he is!!! His mentality is fcked up!
Re: Al Mustapha Freed by jmaine: 7:31pm On Dec 21, 2010
hey guys slow down a bit. . very soon you guys will start showing up with guns on nairaland while typing cheesy
Re: Al Mustapha Freed by bidemi12(m): 7:33pm On Dec 21, 2010
jmaine:

Now my question is this. . if you were a soldier in Al Mustafa position would you disobey that last order of your superior more so the commander in chief of the arms forces. You and your family wanna die. try it and see the repercussion. but before someone is chosen for such a massive role . . .he will share the same ideology about suppressing the opposition and also would be a willing and a very lethal tool in fulfilling the bid of his master. The reason why Abacha had so much faith in him that atimes he even had the temerity to restricts oga's wife in some cases to her chargrin. he said he was sorry ! who won't be sorry for his crimes after a negative tide is suddenly surging towards your freedom and existence. so he is still that beast we know him to be. sooner or later with his clout, expect to join his mates in the PDP cos that party is under the influence of retired military personnel. Al Mustafa is a threat though he made sure the likes of snicky Oseni didn't seize power rather he carefully engineered the ascension of Abdusalami( The most senior figure at that time) which berthed this fledgling demo-crazy. he is a hero of sort if i may say

This is what you have just said " as a soldier i swear that i will commit murder because my leadership told me to, be it enlisted or officer"
Re: Al Mustapha Freed by LkAdeola(m): 7:38pm On Dec 21, 2010
Me too dey laf o.
Re: Al Mustapha Freed by LkAdeola(m): 7:40pm On Dec 21, 2010
Me too dey laf o.
Re: Al Mustapha Freed by justise: 7:41pm On Dec 21, 2010
Sagamite:

You are a mooooron!

Soon you would be comparing the US army to Nazi killings of the Jews.

Reetard, is comparing a war to murder.

So you are saying people campaigning for democracy are ANTI-STATE and a threat to be exterminated but the people with guns looting and ruling the country by terror without a mandate are PRO-STATE that need to be defended?

So he killed 1, he killed 2, he killed 3 and he did not deem it justified to flee so he does not have to do it again and avoid his own life taken? Because, according to your logic, he is not Jesus Christ, that makes it okay? Why not, he was benefitting from the looting of the treasury in his post.

The Abacha government was not a threat to polity, security and peace of the state and its people?

My country keeps on churning out a high volume of CRETINS like this fooool!

Dont call me names please

Use your brain and your keyboard.

Going by your narrow minded diatribe, anything undemocratic is bad, isnt it?

In the past 11 years, what have we been able to achieve under civilian rule? You, if only you would be objestive, would admit that the best times so far were the Babangida years, better than the past 11 years combined. this is not a debate between military rule vs civilian rule, so i will not go there today.

As for why he did not run away? Where was he going to run to? What about his family? Becoming a CSO is not for the feeble minded. A CSO typically must have spent a significant amount of time in the military; most of this guys are already brainwashed in the goodness of military life. They believe in their military ethos wholehearted, just as how Hitler believed in the supremacy of the Germans. Military life and ways is not just something you do for the times; you cannot change ideas and mentality the way the current crop of civilians change parties. And Al Mustapha was extremely disciplined, deserting the military was not an option, he was not a coward. He was patriotic and he swore to defend the unity of Nigeria, not feeble mindedly like you. When he swore to defend Nigeria, he meant it. He wasnt a double dealer like you. And like all honorable men, deserting the military WAS NOT AN OPTION.

The Abacha government stabilized the polity remember. He took over from a bloody civilian Shonekon. At that point, Nigeria was at a cross road, and the civilians were clueless as to how to move the country forward; hence the need for military rule. He brought peace and security. I was in Lagos then, and Marwa did a great job to stem the tide of armed robbery and random killings, something no civilian, including Fashola, has been able to reciprocate.
Re: Al Mustapha Freed by Kilode1: 7:41pm On Dec 21, 2010
justise:

Let the Iraqis worry about their dead. we are discussing Nigerians murdered by a Nigerian soldier.

NO! he failed at his job!

Based on our hypothetical, he obeyed an unlawful order.

If Al-Mustapha killed those people based on Abacha's direct order, call it occupational hazard or whatever, he should be sentenced to death.

No sensible military anywhere including Nigeria will write a law that forces Military officers to obey unconstitutional orders.

He had a right to refuse Abacha's orders and suffer the possible consequences as a "gallant Nigerian soldier" -including death.

He made the wrong decision, but there is still hope. We should help him out by making a gallant warrior out of him, he should face the firing squad!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Edo Election: Ize-iyamu Contested Against INEC- Fayose / Dasukigate: I Have No Money To Refund – Abati Tells EFCC / Buhari: 'I Fought Corruption Headlong As A Military Leader'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.