Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,362 members, 7,808,261 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:32 AM

Al Mustapha Freed - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Al Mustapha Freed (17978 Views)

MASSOB Loyalists, Al-mustapha, Fasheun, Mrs. Ojukwu Other Storm Owerri / Major Al-mustapha (rtd) Exposes , Lt- Gen. Abdulsalami (rtd) / How Sani Abacha Died…AL Mustapha. NOT BY APPLE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Al Mustapha Freed by Rhino5dm: 9:15am On Dec 22, 2010
Why not??

haboosa:

@ Rhino What is that? do you want to employed Jerry Rawlings revolutionary skill in Nigerian?
Re: Al Mustapha Freed by Donmeca(m): 9:44am On Dec 22, 2010
chino11:

The report just reaching us confirmed that the Action Congress of Nigeria ACN has intensified discussion with Northern emirs to lobby Al Mustapha to fly the flag of ACN in the 2011 presidential election. When Al Mustapha was contacted last night he confirmed that some chieftains of ACN has visited him while in prison to draft him into the presidential elections immediately they got wind of the fact that he will be released anytime in early December. He however have not made a clear statement on whether he has accepted the offer or not,

D man may be free of the attempted murder of Ibru but is still not free to roam about the streets of Nigeria. He still has the murder of Kudirat Abiola to answer to. . .he still remains incarcerated till further notice and so cannot fly even the flag of his father's compound.
Re: Al Mustapha Freed by totorimi: 9:45am On Dec 22, 2010
The planned release of Al-Mustapha is also expected to boost the chances of President Jonathan in securing the support of the North for his rumoured bid to contest for the office next year. Key gladiators in the race are from the North, particularly former military President, General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida (IBB), former Vice President Atiku Abubakar and another former military ruler, Major General Muhammadu Buhari.

According to a Northern leader, who is a former Military Administrator, there are fears in some quarters that the way Jonathan is going about the release of Mustapha, he (Jonathan) might appoint the former CSO as the National Security Adviser (NSA) to replace General Aliyu Gusau who recenly resigned his appointment to join the presidential race.

The source added: “After a series of meeting, people from the presidency have consistently told us that General Theophilus Danjuma is insisting on the release and elevation of Al-Mustapha as the NSA,” the source said, adding that releasing Mustapha would help Jonathan gain more northern support in 2011.

“If Jonathan releases Al-Mustapha, that will give him more support because a lot of people from the North love Mustapha and we want him released because we want a person in the age of Mustapha who should take up the mantle of leadership in the North.

http://www.compassnewspaper.com/NG/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=66220:jonathan-may-free-al-mustapha-october-1&catid=672:top-stories&Itemid=794
Re: Al Mustapha Freed by Sunsamthy(m): 10:02am On Dec 22, 2010
Wonders shall never end.
Re: Al Mustapha Freed by Kx: 10:09am On Dec 22, 2010
If suspected state murderers can be cleared of murder charges,
Is it not high time Nigerian govt freed all the petty thieves wasting away in nigerian prisons nation wide?
Re: Al Mustapha Freed by Nobody: 10:11am On Dec 22, 2010
@Poster,
Where did you get your news from? Al-Mustapha has not been freed, he is still in prison as at today. Pls Reframe the topic
Re: Al Mustapha Freed by 13volts(m): 10:37am On Dec 22, 2010
i guess dat coward of a rtd yoruba genera Diyal would be shivering right. Next time he see's al-mustapha na serious dobale
Re: Al Mustapha Freed by LA2(m): 10:40am On Dec 22, 2010
Was he ever convicted? If no y d ill wish for him?

He was a soldier under command, pure and simple. Did his Nairaland critics watch him before d Justice Okputa panel? Even d respected Justice commended him at some points n couldn hardly find fault wt him. He is much more reasonable dn many of his critics on Nairaland when he speaks in his defense.

It's unfortunate dt he Ws involved in such cruel acts, bt despite all, how many of us would do otherwise if we were in his shoes? How many were in his position and did differently? By d way, I guess d case is still in court, so don't let us b prejudicial.

This is the simple truth. The guy is a soldier. His duty is to follow orders. Would anyone of us here like to be held without trail for even one week?
Re: Al Mustapha Freed by Nobody: 10:58am On Dec 22, 2010
LA2:

This is the simple truth. The guy is a soldier. His duty is to follow orders. Would anyone of us here like to be held without trail for even one week?

Quote from: Kilode?! on Yesterday at 07:41:10 PM

NO! he failed at his job!
Based on our hypothetical, he
obeyed an unlawful order.
If Al-Mustapha killed those people based on Abacha's direct order, call it occupational hazard or whatever, he should be sentenced to death. No sensible military anywhere
including Nigeria will write a law that forces Military officers to obey unconstitutional orders. He had a right to refuse Abacha's orders and suffer the possible consequences as a "gallant Nigerian soldier" -including death.
Re: Al Mustapha Freed by Guyman02: 11:07am On Dec 22, 2010
totorimi:

The planned release of Al-Mustapha is also expected to boost the chances of President Jonathan in securing the support of the North for his rumoured bid to contest for the office next year. Key gladiators in the race are from the North, particularly former military President, General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida (IBB), former Vice President Atiku Abubakar and another former military ruler, Major General Muhammadu Buhari.

According to a Northern leader, who is a former Military Administrator, there are fears in some quarters that the way Jonathan is going about the release of Mustapha, he (Jonathan) might appoint the former CSO as the National Security Adviser (NSA) to replace General Aliyu Gusau who recenly resigned his appointment to join the presidential race.

The source added: “After a series of meeting, people from the presidency have consistently told us that General Theophilus Danjuma is insisting on the release and elevation of Al-Mustapha as the NSA,” the source said, adding that releasing Mustapha would help Jonathan gain more northern support in 2011.

“If Jonathan releases Al-Mustapha, that will give him more support because a lot of people from the North love Mustapha and we want him released because we want a person in the age of Mustapha who should take up the mantle of leadership in the North.

http://www.compassnewspaper.com/NG/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=66220:jonathan-may-free-al-mustapha-october-1&catid=672:top-stories&Itemid=794
Beer parlour jounalism. From prison straight to NSA; even a mad man will not do that. does he know the current trend and the challenges of terrorism. Do you also think that Major Almustapha will be better than the current NSA Lt Gen Andrew Azazi (a three star General)
Some journalists sit down in bar and speculate rubbish.
Dont forget that the Yar'adua family still feels that he contributed to the death of Late Gen Shehu Yar'adua, the elder brother to Late President Umaru Musa Yaradua in prison over a phantom coup.
Re: Al Mustapha Freed by eherbal(m): 11:12am On Dec 22, 2010
finally,the long awaited coup is here.nigerians brace yourself GEJ has opened the Pandora's box.the event is likened to the release of a terrorist.all mustapha has to do is to appeal to the conscience of  some almajiri's and he's good to go.he's seemed to gathered some sort of cult followership.GOD save us all! shocked
Re: Al Mustapha Freed by Austinice: 11:29am On Dec 22, 2010
Al Mustapha Freed and you call that justice, ?
First, for our judicial system to keep someone behind bars for 11 years on account of the charges brought up against him and then free him for lack of evidence? Pls tell us the truth!
Second, he is only free on the charges of attempted murder on the life of Alex Ibru, he still has other cases, including that of the alleged murder of the alleged winner of the June 12 Election winner, Kudirat Abiola, among many others.
Thirdly, why is it coming at such a time as this, lets talk, converse with me people!
Re: Al Mustapha Freed by bidemi12(m): 11:50am On Dec 22, 2010
LA2:

what you have just said is "i will commit murder because my boss told me to". . . . . . . The reason you talk the way you do is because you are not informed. you have been exposed to the nigerian army/thugs so you think it is the same eslewhere. Trust me it is not.
Re: Al Mustapha Freed by namdo(m): 12:11pm On Dec 22, 2010
Court frees Al-Mustapha, others – The Punch
The years after being in detention, a Lagos High Court in Tafawa Balewa Square on Tuesday discharged and acquitted a former Chief Security Officer to the late Gen Sani Abacha, Major Hamzat Al-Mustapha, and three others, who had been on trial for their alleged involvement in the attempted murder of the publisher of The Guardian newspapers, Mr. Alex Ibru.

Justice Mufutau Olokooba also set free a former Commissioner of Police, Lagos State Command, James Danbaba; former Zamfara State Military Administrator, Lt.- Col. Jubrin Bala Yakubu; and former Head of the Aso Rock Anti-Riot Police, Rabo Lawal.

With this development , Danbaba and Yakubu will regain their freedom as they are expected to be released from Kirikiri Prisons, Apapa, Lagos.

But Al-Mustapha and Rabo Lawal are still standing trial before Justice Moji Dada over their alleged involvement in the murder of Kudirat Abiola, the wife of late business mogul and winner of the annulled June 12, 1993 presidential election, Chief M. K. O. Abiola.
The Lagos State Government had been prosecuting Al-Mustapha, Danbaba, Yakubu and Lawal since 11 years ago over their alleged role in the attempted murder of Ibru and a former Delta State Commissioner for Sports, Mr. Isaac Porbeni.

http://nigerianbulletin.com/2010/12/22/ibru-court-frees-al-mustapha-others-the-punch/

==================================================================================
na waaaa, i dey fear . To GEJ: I hope that there will be enough evidence to get proper justice in this particular case. God help naija. His Oga Abacha is dead, the sender and the sent are surely culpable when there are evidences towards their involvement in a crime. Our justice/legal system must not create loop holes for the guilty to escape proper judgement. lipsrsealed embarassed
Re: Al Mustapha Freed by Sagamite(m): 2:32pm On Dec 22, 2010
bidemi12:

what you have just said is "i will commit murder because my boss told me to". . . . . . . The reason you talk the way you do is because you are not informed. you have been exposed to the nigerian army/thugs so you think it is the same eslewhere. Trust me it is not.

Abegi!!!

It is because he is reetarded.

When sun rays of 34 degrees centigrade is frying his brains for hours a day, everyday, and he has no nootropic foods in his diet, it is pretty hard to be sane and say something intelligent. grin

There are millions of Nigerians in the same boat like that. Mooorons! undecided
Re: Al Mustapha Freed by bidemi12(m): 2:38pm On Dec 22, 2010
Sagamite:

Abegi!!!

It is because he is reetarded.

When sun rays of 34 degrees centigrade is frying his brains for hours a day, everyday, and he has no nootropic foods in his diet, it is pretty hard to be sane and say something intelligent. grin

There are millions of Nigerians in the same boat like that. Mooorons! undecided

sagamite my guy, i don tire. i don de get migrane because of people wey de NL. I often ask myself "is this how nigerians really think?". Issues that are so clear and obvious will bring out all kinds of weired reactions from people who claim to be schooled and informed. if this is a reflection of the psychy of nigerians then we are doomed.
Re: Al Mustapha Freed by Sagamite(m): 2:59pm On Dec 22, 2010
bidemi12:

sagamite my guy, i don tire. i don de get migrane because of people wey de NL. I often ask myself "is this how nigerians really think?". Issues that are so clear and obvious will bring out all kinds of weired reactions from people who claim to be schooled and informed. if this is a reflection of the psychy of nigerians then we are doomed.

You are one absolutely lucky man. Only migraine?

My BP has shot to 272 over 199 since I started reading these utter mooorons' views on NL. If you crack and put a raw egg on my hand for 30 seconds, you will get a burnt omelette as my boiling blood fries it silly.

Most of these dimwits will turn around and show you an undergrad and some even a postgrad degree certificate. The education system in that country is at its perdition but we are still awarding certificates to these reetards and fueling their delusion that because they have it, they are actually intelligent, informed and eligible to give opinions. Yet they have zero critical thinking. F me Lawd!!!
Re: Al Mustapha Freed by Sagamite(m): 3:15pm On Dec 22, 2010
Re: Al Mustapha Freed by seanet02: 3:17pm On Dec 22, 2010
i dey cry oooooooooooooo
Re: Al Mustapha Freed by billgatexp(m): 4:01pm On Dec 22, 2010
the truth is simple and clear, he might have done some killings but remember under military order. if he had disrespected that order, probably the revelations wouldnt have come up. Lets leave him and God to do the judgement, He has been in prison as a suspect and not convicted so lets tackle it frm the human right angle, whatever sha
Re: Al Mustapha Freed by Sagamite(m): 4:21pm On Dec 22, 2010
It is because of cretins, reetards and moorons here that are telling us soldiers have to follow orders, be loyal and be honourable in murder that the GREAT Fela gave us this hoping we would start using our brains:

[flash=400,350]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBgewcFh-cg[/flash]

But a lot of our moorons are Zombies and expect our soldiers to also be one!
Re: Al Mustapha Freed by seanet02: 4:24pm On Dec 22, 2010
Sagamite:

It is because of cretins, reetards and moorons here that are telling us soldiers have to follow orders, be loyal and be honourable in murder that the GREAT Fela gave us this hoping we would start using our brains:

[flash=400,350]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBgewcFh-cg[/flash]

But a lot of our moorons are Zombies!
Seconded
Re: Al Mustapha Freed by orgasm(m): 5:12pm On Dec 22, 2010
point of correction. he has not been freed.he has only been discharged and acquitted for lack of evidence in the attempted murder of ibru but the case of the murder of kudirat abiola is still hanging on him so is still imprisoned
Re: Al Mustapha Freed by alexchuks: 7:21pm On Dec 22, 2010
Well, well, well if indeed he is truly free he should enjoy his moment of release, cos should any indictment be on him again then, he will be looking at a disguised life in-prisonment. Hmmmmmmmmm its not a prayer but,
Re: Al Mustapha Freed by alexchuks: 7:32pm On Dec 22, 2010
Well, well, well if indeed he is truly free he should enjoy his moment of release, cos should any indictment be on him again then, he will be looking at a disguised life in-prisonment. Hmmmmmmmmm its not a prayer but,
Re: Al Mustapha Freed by GODSON2009(m): 8:48pm On Dec 22, 2010
its about time the man has spent more than enough time in jail for what are supposedly orders given to him to execute besides i believe obasanjo by now should have taken his own pound of flesh ,
what kind of justice puts him in jail while the abacha family are free to enjoy their ill gotten loot or abacha financiers like ibori,david mark e.t.c are free to contest elections rig themselves in and steal the country blind
Re: Al Mustapha Freed by theviper1: 11:25pm On Dec 22, 2010
my dear 1025,
much as i will agree with u that pple like obj were practising dictatorship under democratic set up and deserves nothing less than the gallows,i will disagree with u that al mustapha was following orders. orders to do what, to kill innocent nigerians becose they held contrary views from the abachas crazy views?
if he was a good soldier,he would have told his boss to apply the brakes to those killings. he wasnt following any orders,he was infact orchestrating those killings inorder to please his recluse boss. he was an accomplice to those barbaric and senseless murders. was he following orders as well when he was importing alfas and native doctors from all over the world to confuse abacha? was he following oders when he was importing foreign whores for his boss? was he following orders when he was directing the abacha must stay efforts? as well as being a dick sucker,he was as well making ways of looting our treasury for himself. when they planned to knock off Iwuanyanwu, what was his crime? when he was ordering objs ass screwed in jail,whos order was that. nigga,that dude is a pyscho.
if there is justice in nigeria,we should do a general clean up of leaders who have used,abused and killed us.
but i know that that day will come.
Re: Al Mustapha Freed by Kilode1: 12:49am On Dec 23, 2010
the viper:

if there is justice in nigeria,we should do a general clean up of leaders who have used,abused and killed us.
but i know that that day will come.

Based on the recurring nature of human history, you can surely take that assurance to the bank!
Re: Al Mustapha Freed by Sagamite(m): 4:45am On Dec 23, 2010
Our Zombie reetards want us to think our people that killed citizens are national heroes and honourable men. Sick, mooronic mentality.

Here is what Argentina is doing to its own murderers.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-12064831

[size=18pt]Argentina former leader Jorge Videla jailed for life[/size]

Former Argentine military ruler Jorge Videla has been sentenced to life in prison for crimes against humanity.

A court in the central Argentine city of Cordoba found Gen Videla, 85, guilty of murdering dissidents during the country's period of military rule between 1976 and 1983.

The general has been accused of being the main architect of what became known as Argentina's "Dirty War".

Up to 30,000 people were tortured and murdered under military rule.

'Criminally responsible'

The judges ruled that Gen Videla would have to serve his life sentence in a civilian prison.

He was already serving a life sentence for abuses committed during military rule, but had enjoyed special privileges after he was first sentenced in 1985.

The judges said Gen Videla was "criminally responsible" for the torture and deaths of 31 prisoners in Cordoba.

Most of the left-wing activists were taken from their cells in the central city of Cordoba and shot dead shortly after the military took power.

The army said at the time that they were killed while trying to escape.

Gen Videla was one of 30 members of the security forces charged with the murders.

Gen Luciano Benjamin Menendez, who the judges said played a crucial part in the "Dirty War" against leftist activists, was also sentenced to life in prison.

The court said Gen Videla would be transferred to a civilian prison "immediately", while Gen Menendez would undergo medical tests to determine if he was fit to be transferred to a local prison.

Pardon revoked

During the trial, Gen Videla took responsibility for the army's actions during his rule.

He said that the country's troops were following his orders during what he described as an "internal war".

Gen Videla had been sentenced to life in prison for torture, murder and other crimes in 1985, but was pardoned in 1990 under an amnesty given by the president at the time, Carlos Menem.

In April 2010, the Supreme Court upheld a 2007 federal court move to overturn his pardon, clearing the way for the court case which ended with his life sentence on Wednesday.

Re: Al Mustapha Freed by justise: 6:36am On Dec 23, 2010
Sagamite:

Our Zombie reetards want us to think our people that killed citizens are national heroes and honourable men. Sick, mooronic mentality.

Here is what Argentina is doing to its own murderers.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-12064831

I guess we should start doing what they do in Argentina; For starters, you should be forced to enlist in the Nigerian Army, sent on a peace-keeping mission in some godforsaken desert, prolly fight on the Nigerian side against a future well equipped Biafran Army, and only then should you be allowed to  come here and spew thrash on how easy it is to disobey your superiors. In Argentina, people actually earn the right to comment on national issue, not because they are entitled to it.

And while you are at it, the next time someone is killed for anti-state activities, you, your friends and family should leave your good lifestyle in PEACEFUL UK and go protest in Nigeria because in Argentina people actually stand up for what they believe in, not type balderdash from a foreign country.
Re: Al Mustapha Freed by igboboy1(m): 6:41am On Dec 23, 2010
One mallam is freed and the whole Odua peeps are catching feelings, like baba iyabo i dey laugh oooo cool
Re: Al Mustapha Freed by stagger: 12:29pm On Dec 23, 2010
He has not been freed yet. He was only discharged and acquitted on the attempted murder of Alex Ibru. He still has to answer for the murder of Kudirat Abiola.

But really, why would someone be incarcerated for 11 years without trial?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Kogi Crisis: Wada Storms Out Of PDP Secretariat / Message For The Mods: Nairaland's Names Of Tribal Bigots. / Edo Election: Ize-iyamu Contested Against INEC- Fayose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.