Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,026 members, 7,799,507 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:55 PM

Any Muslim/christian Dream Interpreters In The House - Please Help Me Here - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Any Muslim/christian Dream Interpreters In The House - Please Help Me Here (2424 Views)

Jesus Was A Muslim - Christian Professor / Photo:mode Of Dressing Muslim, Christian And The Third Unknown / INTERVIEW With Ex-muslim Christian - Pastor Matthew ASHIMOLOWO (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Any Muslim/christian Dream Interpreters In The House - Please Help Me Here by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 10:26am On Dec 22, 2010
I had a dream this morning that has unsettled me right to this very moment.

I found myself in a Northern-Style settlement (Open plains, mud huts and thatched roofs) I was seated on some make-shift stool from a tree stump holding a wooden cane in my hands.

Two men approached me; an elderly person and a young man. The young man pointed to me and said "That's him" they asked me to hold up the cane and i noticed some Arabic markings on it in white paint and i could not read it. The Old man took the cane from my hand and looked at it then said "Allahu Akbar" strangely, i repeated after him "Allahu Akbar". He asked me to close my eyes and open my mouth then it started to rain and get this. I could taste the water. After the water had collected in my mouth, the old man asked me to swallow it. At this point i was now wary of swallowing but was to embarrassed to spit it out, so faked swallowing by gulping down air. and I woke up.

It has not been my usual morning because from the point i woke up, I have had this irresistible urge to say "Allahu Akbar" and read the Quran. I have actually called a friend to buy one for me. I also have a numb spot on my left palm as if i have hit it against a blunt object.

Please is there anyone with skills in interpreting dreams, I am open to suggestions.

Thanks
Re: Any Muslim/christian Dream Interpreters In The House - Please Help Me Here by Nobody: 12:54pm On Dec 22, 2010
firstly whats the meaning of "Allahu Akbar"? a muslim should help with that then i may come back to help u out
Re: Any Muslim/christian Dream Interpreters In The House - Please Help Me Here by Nobody: 1:23pm On Dec 22, 2010
^^^ it means "Allah is Great". what insights might you have
Re: Any Muslim/christian Dream Interpreters In The House - Please Help Me Here by InesQor(m): 1:30pm On Dec 22, 2010
toba:

firstly whats the meaning of "Allahu Akbar"? a muslim should help with that then i may come back to help u out
The phrase 'Allahu Akbar' is the opening declaration of every Islamic prayer. Allahu Akbar means 'Allah is the Greatest', stressing the Islamic declaration that nothing can supersede Allah or be better than him. It is also a common phrase used to embellish emotions in Islam and it features in the adhan and prayer.
Re: Any Muslim/christian Dream Interpreters In The House - Please Help Me Here by InesQor(m): 1:38pm On Dec 22, 2010
voltron:

^^^ it means "Allah is Great". what insights might you have
Dreams never have only one meaning. Three people can have the exact same dream and it will have diverse meanings, because they speak to the person individually.

Besides, some dreams you have after too much food, alcohol, excitement or stress/worry in the past night are utterly meaningless. smiley

@OP: I think there is something you are not telling us. I think you dabbled into some stuff. . .
Re: Any Muslim/christian Dream Interpreters In The House - Please Help Me Here by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 3:08pm On Dec 22, 2010
@InesQor  grin I have not dabbled in 3 months now and all i am on a diet of mixed fruits for supper.

i normally don't bother my head over dreams since i typically influence the outcome of events that transpire and i think i understand the symbolism attached (anxiety, excitement etc) but this one was straight out of a movie (almost). My present worry is that this one affected me at a psychosomatic level. (the numbness on my left palm has vanished) I have not read any part of the Quran since 2005. I have not watched Islamic scholars present any controvesial theme of late and i am wondering why the obviously symbolic reference.

I googled it up and i have not seen similar dreams of this sort. The old man was not dressed in the usual northen or arabic fashion, in fact he looked like a yoruba native.

The urge to read the Quran has levelled off completely and i am finding it hard to even whisper Allahu Akbar.
Re: Any Muslim/christian Dream Interpreters In The House - Please Help Me Here by Sweetnecta: 3:39pm On Dec 22, 2010
^^^^^^Your heart is hard against guidance. So is the heart of InesQor who is your "Abu Jahal" as you are Abu Talib.

Google the two names, because your personality is definitely Abu Talib's, and InesQor is nothing less that Abu Jahal.

The good news is that both of you are on earth, yet. There is always a door of forgiveness opened until death bed.
Re: Any Muslim/christian Dream Interpreters In The House - Please Help Me Here by PastorAIO: 3:39pm On Dec 22, 2010
InesQor:

Dreams never have only one meaning. Three people can have the exact same dream and it will have diverse meanings, because they speak to the person individually.

Only Dreams?
Re: Any Muslim/christian Dream Interpreters In The House - Please Help Me Here by Sweetnecta: 4:03pm On Dec 22, 2010
@PastorAIO: What did Ifa tell you about it, Awo? grin

You would have served the Ifa community well, if you call yourself Ifamuyiwa, instead of hiding behind your index finger calling yourself "Pastor". grin
Re: Any Muslim/christian Dream Interpreters In The House - Please Help Me Here by InesQor(m): 4:24pm On Dec 22, 2010
Pastor AIO:

Only Dreams?

Good afternoon bro smiley

Dreams are a succession of images, sounds or emotions that pass through the mind during sleep - Wikipedia

A dream is a mental/emotional experience attained during sleep. Thus, no, not only dreams, but all experiences of any nature fall under that statement of mine.

InesQor:

smiley
Re: Any Muslim/christian Dream Interpreters In The House - Please Help Me Here by NegroNtns(m): 4:36pm On Dec 22, 2010
lol, the title of your topic is funny.  You exhibit the typical ignorance, fed possibly through typical Nigerian upbringing, that fortune telling and dream interpretation is a part and parcel of Islamic and Christianity religious  scholarship.  You probably also hold the belief that traditional religion and indigenous practices are devil worship and anti-God.  

This is only an assumption based on my interpretation of your opening.  You should have an open mind, break free from pre-conceived ideas about religious practices and study all religions to learn the truth based on your own personal understanding and enlightenement.  You were taught by well meaning parents and relatives wanting the best for you. . . what they gave you was a pedestal, you must launch yourself from that pedestal and attain greater heights.  

On your dream. . . . here is the general script:

I found myself in a Northern-Style settlement (Open plains, mud huts and thatched roofs) I was seated on some make-shift stool from a tree stump holding a wooden cane in my hands.

Roots!  This is all connected with your roots.

Open plains, mud huts, thatched roofs - Earth and its resourcefullness to mankind.
Seated on make shift stool, tree stump, wooden cane - you are sitting on the gains and legacies of those that preceeded you.  You are a carrier of that legacy to future generations.  

Two men approached me; an elderly person and a young man. The young man pointed to me and said "That's him" they asked me to hold up the cane and i noticed some Arabic markings on it in white paint and i could not read it.  The Old man took the cane from my hand and looked at it then said "Allahu Akbar" strangely, i repeated after him "Allahu Akbar".

Your mind is in a state of darkness.  You need enlightenement to clear your mind of its darkness.  Revelations will come to you from a resource but unless you are in a state of preparedness - enlightenement -  to make good use of the messages, you will not fulfill your purpose as a link in the line of legacy.  

He asked me to close my eyes and open my mouth then it started to rain and get this. I could taste the water. After the water had collected in my mouth, the old man asked me to swallow it. At this point i was now wary of swallowing but was to embarrassed to spit it out, so faked swallowing by gulping down air. and I woke up.

Water in dreams mean womb or a birth or a rebirth or an opening or a gateway or a transform or a new beginning or change in state from one dimension to another.  

There is a future and there is a past.   The past is not necessarily a timeline of your own lifetime, it could be a stretch into timelines in the chains of ancestry in your bloodline, say your father, grandfather or even great grandfather. . . but it's a link to the past.  It could also mean a timeline in the history of mankind!

You are a link in a chain of a very important transaction but you are currently in a state of uncleanliness and unpreparedness.   So transform yourself and be ready for a purpose that will then be revealed to you.  

Hope this helped.   smiley
Re: Any Muslim/christian Dream Interpreters In The House - Please Help Me Here by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 5:15pm On Dec 22, 2010
@Negro_Ntns

Thanks for being pointedly blunt smiley the only reason i focused on Islam/Christianity is that both religions have a lot of dream/vision events in its history. and yes I was brought up Christian in a Muslim family cool Mum said at least one of her kids will remain Christian grin I am not familiar with other traditional religious when it comes to dreams and i hardly see reference posts when i searched NL.

But back to your analysis. it is quite interesting (revealing) and I am relieved it was not some spiritual attack of sorts (one can't be too sure these days)

Let me mull your interpretations awhile
Thanks smiley
Re: Any Muslim/christian Dream Interpreters In The House - Please Help Me Here by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 5:28pm On Dec 22, 2010
@sweetnecta, thanks for the reference, I almost forgot my early Muslim roots  grin
@toba and @PASTOR AIO what is your take on the matter? I do appreciate any perspectives no matter how blunt
Re: Any Muslim/christian Dream Interpreters In The House - Please Help Me Here by Sweetnecta: 5:40pm On Dec 22, 2010
^^^^^^^ And mom said one of her child should remain on line to hell fire.

This reminds me never to marry a disbeliever. they are just a step better than Awo whose ifa has condemned him and made his aso on his back Pon like that of Aparo. grin
Re: Any Muslim/christian Dream Interpreters In The House - Please Help Me Here by satani22: 5:52pm On Dec 22, 2010
do you like us to contribute to you this thread
Re: Any Muslim/christian Dream Interpreters In The House - Please Help Me Here by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 7:01pm On Dec 22, 2010
satani22:

do you like us to contribute to you this thread
by all means do

Sweetnecta:

^^^^^^^ And mom said one of her child should remain on line to hell fire.

This reminds me never to marry a disbeliever. they are just a step better than Awo whose ifa has condemned him and made his aso on his back Pon like that of Aparo. grin

It may be the path to revelation that was previously hid
Re: Any Muslim/christian Dream Interpreters In The House - Please Help Me Here by vedaxcool(m): 4:41pm On Dec 23, 2010
Let me share this verse with you:

we will show them our signs in the Universe and in their own-selves, until it becomes manifest to them that this (the Qur’aan) is the truth.” [Soorah al-Fussilat (41): 53]

Dreams are ways ALLAH reveals the truth, you might be able to pin it to one or two scenes you have watched on you tube or elsewhere but in them is a sign, so follow the sign and hear what your soul is yearning for, Converts to ISlam are usually expected to take a ritual birth to remove them from the impurity of Kufar, hence the rain could have simply mean freedom from Unbeliever ship, and imagine chanting ALLAHU Akbar! no amount of Christian movies have ever made dreamt of saying blood of Jesus. But if the dream was about the future, be rest assured that it will happen one day one day, whether you like it or not.
Re: Any Muslim/christian Dream Interpreters In The House - Please Help Me Here by seyibrown(f): 3:56am On Dec 24, 2010
I had a dream this morning that has unsettled me right to this very moment.

Two men approached me; an elderly person and a young man. The young man pointed to me and said "That's him" they asked me to hold up the cane and i noticed some Arabic markings on it in white paint and i could not read it. The Old man took the cane from my hand and looked at it then said "Allahu Akbar" strangely, i repeated after him "Allahu Akbar". He asked me to close my eyes and open my mouth then it started to rain and get this. I could taste the water. After the water had collected in my mouth, the old man asked me to swallow it. At this point i was now wary of swallowing but was to embarrassed to spit it out, so faked swallowing by gulping down air. and I woke up.

It has not been my usual morning because from the point i woke up, I have had this irresistible urge to say "Allahu Akbar" and read the Quran. I have actually called a friend to buy one for me. I also have a numb spot on my left palm as if i have hit it against a blunt object.

Please is there anyone with skills in interpreting dreams, I am open to suggestions.

Thanks

Too much 'lager'the night before?  grin

You are holding 'the truth' but you really do not know it. It is interpreted to you as Islam with 'signs and wonders' and you are fed with it. Your heart does not agree with it but you accept it in pretense as you have nothing in you to counter/compare/confirm/examine the authority and validity of the interpretation of the markings on the cane as 'given' to you !

Dream 'analysed' on the probability that you did dream it!
Re: Any Muslim/christian Dream Interpreters In The House - Please Help Me Here by Nobody: 5:51am On Dec 24, 2010
lagerwhenindoubt:

@sweetnecta, thanks for the reference, I almost forgot my early Muslim roots  grin
@toba and @PASTOR AIO what is your take on the matter? I do appreciate any perspectives no matter how blunt
Firstly i will ask about ur belief. Are a theist? if yes which of the 2 most practised in Nigeria are u affiliated with? did u at anytime stopped being an adherent?
Re: Any Muslim/christian Dream Interpreters In The House - Please Help Me Here by Joagbaje(m): 6:38am On Dec 24, 2010
There is no gift of interpretation of dreams in the new testament.
Re: Any Muslim/christian Dream Interpreters In The House - Please Help Me Here by Nobody: 11:57am On Dec 24, 2010
seyibrown:

Too much 'lager'the night before?  grin

You are holding 'the truth' but you really do not know it. It is interpreted to you as Islam with 'signs and wonders' and you are fed with it. Your heart does not agree with it but you accept it in pretense as you have nothing in you to counter/compare/confirm/examine the authority and validity of the interpretation of the markings on the cane as 'given' to you !

Dream 'analysed' on the probability that you did dream it!

grin grin grin this looks a more simple and straight-forward interpretation, @OP may be you should learn to understand the symbolism better. Do you smoke weed before going to bed grin
Re: Any Muslim/christian Dream Interpreters In The House - Please Help Me Here by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 12:35pm On Dec 24, 2010
^^^ @VOLTRON, your Blazing Sword might have turned the Tide during the Civil War grin grin

seyibrown's interpretation is easier to accept but does not make it any clearer (give it purpose). unless dreams have no purpose

@toba, I would consider myself an Autotheist but I flow fairly well with Rastafarians and Deists (of the Polydeistic flavor) regardless I have an open mind (what is the use of having such large brain without having an open mind grin)

Will this affect how you interpret the dream?
Re: Any Muslim/christian Dream Interpreters In The House - Please Help Me Here by InesQor(m): 1:04pm On Dec 24, 2010
@lagerwhenindoubt:

How does autotheism (a person’s elevation of himself into being his own god) relate to Polytheistic Deism?

Or do you mean the other definition of autotheism (theism emphasizing only God's own self-existence), which is a brand of Deism?
Re: Any Muslim/christian Dream Interpreters In The House - Please Help Me Here by PastorAIO: 1:28pm On Dec 24, 2010
Sweetnecta:

@PastorAIO: What did Ifa tell you about it, Awo? grin

You would have served the Ifa community well, if you call yourself Ifamuyiwa, instead of hiding behind your index finger calling yourself "Pastor". grin

There is something seriously unhinged about this guy.
Re: Any Muslim/christian Dream Interpreters In The House - Please Help Me Here by seyibrown(f): 1:36pm On Dec 24, 2010
Dearest LAGERman, grin

I gave an ANALYSIS, not an INTERPRETATION! My analysis is from MY OWN THINKING; an interpretation will be from the HOLY SPIRIT! You should be able to INTERPRET the dream for yourself if you ask God. The interpretation has to do with what is happening/what will happen in YOUR LIFE! Ask God and look closely at your life and you will find the interpretation/clarification of this dream!
Re: Any Muslim/christian Dream Interpreters In The House - Please Help Me Here by seyibrown(f): 1:49pm On Dec 24, 2010
Joagbaje:

There is no gift of interpretation of dreams in the new testament.

[b] . . .  and it doesn't mean that God does has stopped communicating with Xtians through dreams and visions. The giver of dreams also gives the interpretation. Interpretation of dreams might not be a ministry but it is not an impossible task for the same God that gave interpretations to Daniel. Remember the vision Peter had? He had to interpret what it meant.

Joel 2:28 (King James Version)

28And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:

Acts 10:9-19 (King James Version)

9On the morrow, as they went on their journey, and drew nigh unto the city, Peter went up upon the housetop to pray about the sixth hour:

10And he became very hungry, and would have eaten: but while they made ready, he fell into a trance,

11And saw heaven opened, and a certain vessel descending upon him, as it had been a great sheet knit at the four corners, and let down to the earth:

12Wherein were all manner of fourfooted beasts of the earth, and wild beasts, and creeping things, and fowls of the air.

13And there came a voice to him, Rise, Peter; kill, and eat.

14But Peter said, Not so, Lord; for I have never eaten any thing that is common or unclean.

15And the voice spake unto him again the second time, What God hath cleansed, that call not thou common.

16This was done thrice: and the vessel was received up again into heaven.

17Now while Peter doubted in himself what this vision which he had seen should mean, behold, the men which were sent from Cornelius had made enquiry for Simon's house, and stood before the gate,

18And called, and asked whether Simon, which was surnamed Peter, were lodged there.

19While Peter thought on the vision, the Spirit said unto him, Behold, three men seek thee.

God continues to communicate with us using codes where necessary, and he has also given us the ability to decipher the codes. [/b]
Re: Any Muslim/christian Dream Interpreters In The House - Please Help Me Here by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 2:26pm On Dec 24, 2010
InesQor:

@lagerwhenindoubt:

How does autotheism (a person’s elevation of himself into being his own god) relate to Polytheistic Deism? 

Or do you mean the other definition of autotheism (theism emphasizing only God's own self-existence), which is a brand of Deism?

For Lack of a better-fitted categorization (I would consider myself auto-theist) I believe there is a super-sentient being(s) and Man is a genetic replica of God save we are at a primordial level of evolution. Our purpose in this life and dimension is to attain that level of God-awareness that we essentially become gods hence my liking to the rastafari movement.(not all its ideology though)
Polytheism because I also reason that there must be more than 1 God (super-sentient beings) in the known and unknown universes. Besides the idea that God is solely focused on life on earth is simply self-serving; with literarily millions of multiverses with galaxies and possibly life-supporting planets, why would he just be focussed on earth alone.?  Unless there are other God(s)
Re: Any Muslim/christian Dream Interpreters In The House - Please Help Me Here by Nobody: 3:12pm On Dec 24, 2010
lagerwhenindoubt:

@toba, I would consider myself an Autotheist but I flow fairly well with Rastafarians and Deists (of the Polydeistic flavor) regardless I have an open mind (what is the use of having such large brain without having an open mind grin)

Will this affect how you interpret the dream?
I really don't know what to say as regard the bolded. Just reviewed ur post once again and realized that u once had an affiliation with the islamic sect during childhood. May be u are wanted back by the in that same sect. If not why weren't u presented with a bible? or why didn't anyone say hallelujah rather than allah arbah ?
Re: Any Muslim/christian Dream Interpreters In The House - Please Help Me Here by InesQor(m): 5:49pm On Dec 24, 2010
@lagerwhenindoubt:

Lets assume for a moment that other sentient beings exist in the universe (in my personal religious worldview as a Christian, it is a trivial matter whether aliens exist or not. I believe Man has scarcely carried out his own few responsibilities in this universe).

Does the fact of their advancement over mankind (if so) make them gods in your worldview? If not, what defines a god? This question must be answered if the goal of every man is autodeity. How else do you find your way if you dont know where you are going? I may have further questions.

Lastly, I do not believe God is only interested in earth, whether aliens exist or not. Jesus taught that the Father is concerned about the elements of nature, from the littlest ones upwards, and takes special care of them. That definitely includes other planets, asteroids, stars, moons and other possible galaxies and universes.

(1) (Reply)

Self-service - Is It A Sin According To The Bible? / Church Of Illuminati Registration Site / Would Rap/ Hip-hop Music Take One To Hell?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.