Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,110 members, 7,807,351 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:35 PM

My Wife Lied To Me About Her Age - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Lied To Me About Her Age (19425 Views)

My Wife Lied About Her Age, What Should I Do? / My Friends Wife Lied About Her Virginity. / When Your Wife Lied To You About Her Salary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Lied To Me About Her Age by dayokanu(m): 3:29pm On Dec 24, 2010
Kick her out, or you need to start addressing her like an elder sister which she is.
Re: My Wife Lied To Me About Her Age by Nobody: 3:31pm On Dec 24, 2010
I am so disappointed in my wife. we have been married for 2 months now. i always thought i was about 2 years older than her  only to find out that she is actually 3 years older after a year  of marriage.

Who is lying between u and ur wife?
b4 she confess, were u enjoying her and the marriage?
did u stop loving her because u found out her real age?
would she have reacted the way u are reacting if situation had been the other way round?

My advice is, u should grow up! Age is just a number and women gave birth at forty confortably without a miracle.
don't call her a bad woman because u want to hang her.
Re: My Wife Lied To Me About Her Age by dayokanu(m): 3:42pm On Dec 24, 2010
^^^ If the wife finds out that the husband is GAY/bisexual, would she react the same way? Or would she adhere to the marriage vows?

If the wife finds out that her husband was a former cultist/ritualist, Would she still honour her marriage vows?
Re: My Wife Lied To Me About Her Age by dammizz(m): 3:45pm On Dec 24, 2010
Filing for divorce is crazy and staying in the marriage is dangerous. Buh jst follow ur mind. Dammit I hate lies
Re: My Wife Lied To Me About Her Age by GeorgeD1(m): 4:13pm On Dec 24, 2010
since your already eyeing a younger babe in the university that means your mind is made up.
Re: My Wife Lied To Me About Her Age by Nobody: 4:20pm On Dec 24, 2010
This almost made me choke on my plate of beans. This is not humor O! This is wickedness. Couldn't finish the plate of fried rice after readin this.
Re: My Wife Lied To Me About Her Age by GeorgeD1(m): 4:32pm On Dec 24, 2010
your eating beans and fried rice all at once?
Re: My Wife Lied To Me About Her Age by holydante(m): 4:33pm On Dec 24, 2010
tEsLim:

I think poster is a lame liar but anyways; nothing you can do about it ,  the age difference isn't much. Mine is more cheesy and i felt very bad when I discovered sad but it was too late already had first child in progress. Well maybe guys should start asking Birth Certs if its that important
heheheheh, i remember you from the other side of another thread. Still a strong fellar and going on. kudos

Hence forth for moi, original Birth cert surely will do for me going forward (Pls note, affidavit not accepted)

All, please be guided
Re: My Wife Lied To Me About Her Age by buzugee(m): 4:59pm On Dec 24, 2010
suck it up and make your marriage work you big ol dummy. are you married to the woman or her age ?
Re: My Wife Lied To Me About Her Age by MrsEve2(f): 5:31pm On Dec 24, 2010
I guess it safe to say the marriage wasn't love at first sight huh? undecided
Re: My Wife Lied To Me About Her Age by juman(m): 5:50pm On Dec 24, 2010
aydoth:

@faraday62, No need to worry. I heard the russians has created one machine that does addition and subtraction of age. But one problem is that ,once its subtracting from someone, somebody must be on ground to receive it, if not the machine will be destroyed(russia ll not like this).

grin grin grin grin

May be I would join the next train going to Russia to add to my age.  grin grin grin
Re: My Wife Lied To Me About Her Age by juman(m): 5:55pm On Dec 24, 2010
@Poster, you should endure your 2 months (after a year) marriage. grin
Re: My Wife Lied To Me About Her Age by daveseaman: 6:33pm On Dec 24, 2010
you bi mumu na now you no say your wife lie for you but when you dey Bleep am you no tel us ooo mumu man

Re: My Wife Lied To Me About Her Age by GeorgeD1(m): 6:38pm On Dec 24, 2010
what a nasty pair! angry
Re: My Wife Lied To Me About Her Age by Princek12(m): 6:53pm On Dec 24, 2010
poster, dump that lying arse biatch
Re: My Wife Lied To Me About Her Age by dondada78(m): 7:25pm On Dec 24, 2010
@poster, my advice-if you truly love her find it in your heart to forgive her and then move on
It aint funny sha but, cool cool cool cool cool cool smiley
Re: My Wife Lied To Me About Her Age by JBL316: 7:29pm On Dec 24, 2010
Na so e dey b at times my broda. But the tin b say u go take am easy. The tin wey wan happen don happen. We all dey make mistake. Were there no sins there wuldnt have been need for forgiveness. Remember, if any man does not fail in words or in action, even in thoughts, he is a perfect man. There are no perfect people out here. Having said that, am sure you loved the lady in question that was why she ended up being your wife. Am sure you loved her not because she was a perfect person. If so, the chances exist that at some point in your marriage or relationship, she will display her imperfection. And i think that is exactly what has happened. No doubt, you have right to feel hurt. Nonetheless, you have to forgive her. Remember, "forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us". That scripture, assuming you are a Xtian is one of the basis of God forgiving us our sins. And also remember, God loved us inspite of our sins. Please forgiive her. I wuld sincerely want to hear from you how this all ended. I wish you well especially in this season of Xmas.
Re: My Wife Lied To Me About Her Age by faraday62: 8:36pm On Dec 24, 2010
tEsLim:

I think poster is a lame liar but anyways; nothing you can do about it , the age difference isn't much. Mine is more cheesy and i felt very bad when I discovered sad but it was too late already had first child in progress. Well maybe guys should start asking Birth Certs if its that important

A lame liar? I have nothing to lie about here. I read through some of the post here. I am still with my wife, though we are having a very bad Christmas. I feel very bad. The whole thing is bizarre. I told her it looks like drama to me. She actually forged her birth certificate and her baptism card( i am a catholic). We had to submit these cards to the priest before we are allowed to get married. The funny thing is that her elder sisters always thought she had told me her real age and are screaming at her now for lying. You know, I may try to go on with the marriage , but my guts tell me it will never be the same. Infact I am wondering if there was a marriage at all because the court and church certificates are displaying the fake age she used. I never wanted my marriage to be this way. Based on fraud or deceit.
Re: My Wife Lied To Me About Her Age by Ministerra: 9:02pm On Dec 24, 2010
Sorry u feel betrayed about the whole thing, guess u're wondering what else she lied about. It's up to you to decide whether u can get over it or not. U said u're eyeing an undergrad somewhere, that she's younger is no guarantee. I have a distant cousin who got married before her 19th birthday, i was still in secondary school then, right now she's in her 30's with no issue whereas a neighbour of ours who everyone knew was closer to 40 than 30 and whose wedding came as a surprise to the area some 2 yrs plus ago is expecting her second child as we speak. It changed my orientation about the whole childbearing thing, age has something but not everything to do with it. If u still love your wife, and her age isn't the only reason u married her, do try to forgive her and have faith in God to bless u guys.
Re: My Wife Lied To Me About Her Age by PRINCE4CHRIST(m): 9:11pm On Dec 24, 2010
No. 1) Satan is the father of all liars.
No.2)I dont think the mrs. Poster loves the mr. poster, Reason if u really love someone u can't hide ur age no matter what the case may be.
But the solution now, is that the porter should try to forgive her, let them pray together i know that my God will forgive and bless them with children.
Re: My Wife Lied To Me About Her Age by Ikwikwikwi(m): 10:05pm On Dec 24, 2010
you should have known the old ways of discerning a lady's age, very easy. Check behind her heel, and count the folds while she sleeps. Again, during copulation, older ladies have a peculiar way of doing it, they tend not to get enough, but younger ones will always feel shy and tied easily. Ask your Dad next time, olodo tongue tongue
Re: My Wife Lied To Me About Her Age by donmarshia(m): 10:37pm On Dec 24, 2010
God help u my guy, cos u nid his help. but I wud suggest u 4give her.
Re: My Wife Lied To Me About Her Age by MAURI: 11:09pm On Dec 24, 2010
I am so disappointed in my wife. we have been married for 2 months now. i always thought i was about 2 years older than her  only to find out that she is actually 3 years older after a year  of marriage. I am very disgusted because under no circumstances did i think i will marry a lady that much older than me. I told her that age was a big criteria before we got married. Its not fair that she should do this to me. We dated for 3 years before we tied the knot . I am already 33 and she is actually about 36 by her confession. We are having problems conceiving that's why she confessed. Doctors say female fertility drops with age. Fertility even drops further after 35. I am really disgusted with her. I feel all the love I had evaporating. I really don't think I can continue with the marriage. Its just too early for a separation. I hate any thing based on lies. Please folks advise me cos i am currently looking a younger girls still in the university.

Poster,
You seem to be more bothered about her age than the fact that you've been lied to. Is it the number you love or the person and the package the makes up the invidivual i.e. character trait, personality, outlook on life etc.
I wld think the issue on conceiving should not be exagerated at this point, since she is not beyond 40 yet, so medically, that shouldn't be an issue under normal circumstances. And you said "we are having problems conceiving" have you had yourself checked? 'cos it takes two, as they say. I hope for the best for you. Good luck.
Re: My Wife Lied To Me About Her Age by oyinda3(f): 11:30pm On Dec 24, 2010
get a divorce. simple and short.
and just make sure to check your next wife's birth certificate lol
Re: My Wife Lied To Me About Her Age by Princek12(m): 11:35pm On Dec 24, 2010
to the dudes:

A good way of verifying a lady's age is by looking at her hands. Older ladies tend to have more veins on their hands, and no amount of botox or surgery or lies can conceal aging hands that are full of veins.
Re: My Wife Lied To Me About Her Age by oyinda3(f): 11:37pm On Dec 24, 2010
^ if she's plump and chubby or has thick skin, u won't see any veins.
Re: My Wife Lied To Me About Her Age by oolumide: 12:35am On Dec 25, 2010
Most times the narrators don't tell the other side of the stories. Are u sure you never led her on. At what point into the relationship did you make her realise that age is very important factor. If it was some years into it she might be scared of starting another relationship. See, my brother you don't dislike people for loving you. Year she loved you to a fault that is why she lied. i am not in support of lying, because you are not too sure of other things that are hidden. I suggest the following,

1. Call your wife and have a heart felt discussion with her, make her realise you are really hurt.
2. Plead with her to tell you any other secret she might be hidden in other for you guys to start on a clean slate.
3. Love forgives, at least she i want to assume she is not cheating on you, though you never can be sure until comes clean to tell any hidden thing that may cause disaffection and embarrassment in the future.
4. I beg you reconcile with her, she might not be as bad as you paint it.
5. Speak with her family member that she is close to and respect a lot to serve as a witness to this in case something comes up in the future.
6. Always remember it natural for women to be mischievous, anytime they do good it is by mistake, so there is no assurance that another woman may not make mistake.

regards
I wish you soonest recovery, butt believe me it is not such a bad situation that is beyond redemption.
Re: My Wife Lied To Me About Her Age by Edenitis(m): 12:51am On Dec 25, 2010
Hmm! Tough one.

Did you marry for love or for conception?

If for love, were you truly in love or you were in a hurry, given your age?

Marriage is for companionship first before childbearing.

The foundation of any relationship based on lies becomes unstable.
For this reason, your marriage may be unstable.
If however, it was based on love, you should not be so soon in such a pitiful state
as to say she is disgusting to you!

That you have already started looking elsewhere shows your instability.

i am sorry for you both.

Sorry for you because you may not get it right even with your jambites

Sorry for her because the lied to get a man who does not love her.

If you truly loved her, you will not use such strong language so soon into your marriage.

Goo luck to you both.
Re: My Wife Lied To Me About Her Age by FEMARY(m): 2:58am On Dec 25, 2010
All these sit her down makes me sick.Which kind of conscience do some people have?The universally accepted norm is for the man to be older or at least the same age with the woman.She thinks she is smart or what?How does she feel in her conscience everyday she wakes up and see the man,I guess she thinks the man is a fool or what.She was not even ready to tell the truth if not for medical reasons.She wanted to hide the truth for life.Men this is disgusting.I hate lies in relationships even the so called diplomatic lies.I prefer HARD TRUTH in respective of the situation.HARD TRUTHTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
Re: My Wife Lied To Me About Her Age by zoraro(m): 3:55am On Dec 25, 2010
Women usually live longer than men, so technically you are both about the same age. Consider this also, What if you divorce her and marry this your University girl and after two months sorry one year she didn't take in and she decides to leave you because she believes that the cause of her not getting pregnant is that you are too old. How would you feel?
Re: My Wife Lied To Me About Her Age by moremi2008(m): 5:41am On Dec 25, 2010
I question the OP's commitment to the marriage in the first place. There is no way you can love a woman, marry her and then react this way when it turns out she's lied about her age. We know the kind of pressure women in Naija face when they hit thirty. Why is anybody acting surprised that she pretended to be younger so she can get married?

You need to prayerfully seek God on this issue. As far as I am concerned, this is a non-issue but then I am not you. I don't know what kind of psychological hang-ups you have about being younger than your wife. Just tread carefully. Divorcing this woman might be the worst mistake of your life (I know way too many men who divorced their wives for flimsy reasons and their lives NEVER rebalanced again after that). So you think you're thinking about looking for an undergraduate to marry? Good luck with that Mr! You might just find yourself jumping from frying pan to Hell fire!
Re: My Wife Lied To Me About Her Age by mekoyo(m): 6:41am On Dec 25, 2010
Marriage is not an adventure. It is like going to war

For better for worse. You are in it already, so bear the consequence

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Relocating To Nigeria : What Budget? / Marriage Rules For The Digital Age / "My Mother Went Back To College At 45" - Twitter User Shares Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.