Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,485 members, 7,781,454 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:41 PM

Ex-militants Attack Amnesty Office In Abuja - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ex-militants Attack Amnesty Office In Abuja (4113 Views)

Amnesty Office Seeks Presidential Nod To Disarm Arepo Pipeline Vandals, Others / Tension In Bayelsa As Militants Attack Army Check Point, Kill Four (August 2015) / EFCC Arrests Amnesty Office Consultants And Contractors Over Billion Naira Scam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ex-militants Attack Amnesty Office In Abuja by chyz(m): 4:07am On Dec 23, 2010
[size=18pt]Ex-militants attack Amnesty Office in Abuja[/size]

News Dec 23, 2010

By Emma Ujah, Abuja Bureau Chief

ABUJA — A group of young men numbering about 60 that claimed to be ex-militants from Bayelsa State, yesterday, attacked the Abuja headquarters of the Presidential Amnesty Office.

According to the group, it was protesting their non-inclusion in the benefits of the amnesty programme, especially the N65,000 stipend and feeding allowance paid to their colleagues on a monthly basis.

The attackers who damaged the gate of the premises and disputed activities in the amnesty office, were part of the last group of 6,600 ex-militants who got presidential approval only last month to be included in the programme, more than one year after the expiration of October 4, 2009 deadline for them to surrender.

But in a swift reaction, Special Adviser to the President on Niger Delta and Chief Executive Officer of the Amnesty Programme, Mr. Timi Alaibe, denounced the use of violence by the men whom he alleged were being used by politicians to discredit President Goodluck Jonathan and the programme.

Alaibe said since the inclusion of the group, his office had been working hard to ensure they benefitted from the programme and that indeed arrangement had been put in place for a decentralised payment of the stipend in all the states of the region.

He explained that the payment commenced on Tuesday but that rather than patiently waiting to collect their allowances in their state, the group attacked his office on the pretext of protesting non-inclusion in the programme.

His words: “Given that proper bank accounts are yet to be opened for these new entrants, the Amnesty Office working closely with the Joint Military Task Force, JTF, arranged for the payments to be done directly to the 6,166 ex-militants in pay-parade format at designated locations and this arrangement was promptly communicated to the leaders of the ex-militants who excitedly welcomed it.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/12/ex-militants-attack-amnesty-office-in-abuja/
Re: Ex-militants Attack Amnesty Office In Abuja by aljharem11(m): 4:23am On Dec 23, 2010
now that is just pushing there luck angry angry angry angry angry

now what are the northerners (arewa youths) doing about this angry angry
Re: Ex-militants Attack Amnesty Office In Abuja by udezue(m): 4:41am On Dec 23, 2010
I'm sure the militants have enough weapons at their disposal to send ur almajiri youths to their and they know that hence arewa aint risking it. Ur almajiri are only good at attacking women and children not hardened militants. You think the militants could go t Abuja without preparing for any eventuality?
Re: Ex-militants Attack Amnesty Office In Abuja by Blazay(m): 5:34am On Dec 23, 2010
According to the group, it was protesting their non-inclusion in the benefits of the amnesty programme, especially the N65,000 stipend and feeding allowance paid to their colleagues on a monthly basis.

What a pity.
Who are their colleagues?

The attackers who damaged the gate of the premises and disputed activities in the amnesty office, were part of the last group of 6,600 ex-militants who got presidential approval only last month to be included in the programme, more than one year after the expiration of October 4, 2009 deadline for them to surrender.

Unbelievable. Amnesty to terrorists? Only in Africa. . . !!!
Re: Ex-militants Attack Amnesty Office In Abuja by EzeUche0(m): 5:37am On Dec 23, 2010
You give an Ijaw militant an inch, they take a yard.
Re: Ex-militants Attack Amnesty Office In Abuja by Blazay(m): 5:40am On Dec 23, 2010
This is ridiculous.
One of the reasons I soooooooo want Atiku to win.
This Jonathan is a disgrace.

Alaibe said since the inclusion of the group, his office had been working hard to ensure they benefitted from the programme and that indeed arrangement had been put in place for a decentralised payment of the stipend in all the states of the region.

Say what? shocked

His words: “Given that proper bank accounts are yet to be opened for these new entrants, the Amnesty Office working closely with the Joint Military Task Force, JTF, arranged for the payments to be done directly to the 6,166 ex-militants in pay-parade format at designated locations and this arrangement was promptly communicated to the leaders of the ex-militants who excitedly welcomed it.

Hmmmmmm!
Nigeria is finished! cry
Re: Ex-militants Attack Amnesty Office In Abuja by chyz(m): 5:49am On Dec 23, 2010
The no difference between giving these guys amnesty in the for of money and politicians gvining each other Ghana must go bag fulls of money to secure a spot. How are stipends going to militants going to make a difference in the niger delta. I swear these people fight for no cause.The ministry of the Niger Delta is a waist of time and revenue money.Why would the federal government need to have a regional ministry? All that the FG has to do if they really wanted to build the economy in the niger delta is do so on its own.How will a ministry make a difference?
Re: Ex-militants Attack Amnesty Office In Abuja by Rhino5dm: 5:50am On Dec 23, 2010
I laugh in greek whenever i see a slum dog from niger delta beaten chest to the Aboki Almajiri.

With my previous stay in ND, more than 70% of security operatives are northerner's and make it easy without movement of any troops.

So how many days will it take to wipe out the whole of SS ? ?

Yes illitrates but your  security is in thier hand. My former landlord in PH used to say he can only take 'Hausa Man as security'
Re: Ex-militants Attack Amnesty Office In Abuja by chyz(m): 6:01am On Dec 23, 2010
Rhino.5dm:

I laugh in greek whenever i see a slum dog from niger delta beaten chest to the Aboki Almajiri.

With my previous stay in ND, more than 70% of security operatives are northerner's and make it easy without movement of any troops.

So how many days will it take to wipe out the whole of SS ? ?

Yes illitrates but your  security is in thier hand. My former landlord in PH used to say he can only take 'Hausa Man as security'

If you say 70% of security in the niger delta is northerners than you havent been to the ND so stop shout false info.
Re: Ex-militants Attack Amnesty Office In Abuja by Blazay(m): 6:04am On Dec 23, 2010
Irony of life. I am gonna resist the temptation to make this an ethnic comparative analysis in criminology. . . .  I have stories to tell I tellya. . . cheesy
You will rarely catch an aboki stealing as your 'security agent'. . .All the other tribes have done just that. . . even despoiled and killed their madams and masters or their children. See the latest case of missing 'sharon'?

I think it is more than 100% of the Northerners as security details in the south. No other tribe can survive in those huts. . . or run around those mansions opening and shutting gates from dusk till dawn.

Irony of life I say.

Back to topic. . . I think the Jos 'pirates' should also be on the Federal Government's payroll too.
Even Osisi Kan Nkwu should be given a state burial posthumously.
Re: Ex-militants Attack Amnesty Office In Abuja by Rhino5dm: 8:40am On Dec 23, 2010
What is this one talking about??

FYI

i did my NYSC in akwa ibom. . . . For fu*c*king 12months i was eating atama, afam,idika ikong, melon (dont for about the sexy ibibio and calabar girls) and moving fron Nsit Atai, eket, abak, uyo, ikot abasi, oron. lol!

I worked in PH for fu*c*king 3 years. . . . . . Old aba road, garrision, rumuola, rumuokora,oil mill, eleme, choba, mile1,2,3and 4, GRA, artillary 1st and 2nd, . . . . . , . .mister sweet, casablanca, sodom and gomorah, hotel presidential, le meridian, novotel, air force, bori camp, abuolama, lagos. . . .portharcourt if finito!

My dad was in beyalse for a more than a decade . . . . . I was criss -crossing the swamps of ekeremor, kaima, sagbama, ogbia and yenagoa, . . . . Back when i was even tender.

the only thing worth mentioning in beyalsa is a lady will approach you frankly and tell you " broda i won born for you" and from a lazy dimwit potential militant" we have two shell flow station in my community" ,

" ask me money for my land, my money. . . God punish you".

About the claim of security operatives open your eyes. and if jungle matured then you will learn about the northen game plan when its too late. Trust me.

Stop sleeping in clubs semi intoxicated and make meaning out of your lazy life style.

NEXT! Pls.

chyz:

If you say 70% of security in the niger delta is northerners than you havent been to the ND so stop shout false info.

(1) (Reply)

SAD!! Hausa Facebook Group Prays For Jonathan's Death / A Short Letter To Late Umaru Musa Yar'adua / This Man Is Wanted- Dead Or Alive: Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.