Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,466 members, 7,808,660 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:03 PM

Can You Answer This Interview Question? 199 Applicants Tried But Failed It! - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Can You Answer This Interview Question? 199 Applicants Tried But Failed It! (6687 Views)

The Crazy Interview Question "What Is 1+1?" / Best Way To Answer This Interview: Tell Me About Yourself / Interview Question That Threw Me Off-balance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Answer This Interview Question? 199 Applicants Tried But Failed It! by kay4biz(f): 4:49am On Dec 23, 2010
Imagine that you are driving along in a car on a wild, cold, stormy night, when you passed by a bus stop, and saw three people waiting for a bus:

1. An elderly woman who is having a life-threatening health trauma.

2. An old friend who once saved your life.

3. The perfect life partner you have been dreaming about.

But your car can only take one passenger. Who among the 3 would you give a ride?

Some Reasoning to Help you out

You could pick up the old lady, because she is going to die and thus you want to save her first; or you could take the old friend because he once saved your life, and this would be the perfect chance to pay him back.
However, you may never be able to find your perfect mate again.

Only one person out of the 200 applicants that were asked this question got it right and got the job. Could you have been that one person if you had been among the 200 applicants asked? Oh you think you could have? Let me see you prove it! Try your luck at giving me the answer here.

Be the First to get it Right and get N1,000 Recharge Card

If someone answers correctly within the first 10 replies the person gets a N1,000 recharge card of his or her desired network from me.

Note: Only if the correct answer is within the first 10 replies. If it's above 10 the person gets a good clap and proves his intelligent but no financial reward. The point of adding this clause is to reward regular visit to the forum because if you didn't you wouldn't be early enough to answer it and also fast thinking ultimately.

If after 2 weeks no one answer's it correct I'll post the answer.

This should be fun and educating so I look forward to your replies.
Re: Can You Answer This Interview Question? 199 Applicants Tried But Failed It! by Thespecialone(m): 5:15am On Dec 23, 2010
this is an open ended question.
people's value differ so any one could have being the right person to pick(depending on how they view life)

any way i'd pick up the old lady and possiblysave a life.

The old pal saved mine, maybe I should save another person's life too.

As for a perfect partner, that does not exist.
Re: Can You Answer This Interview Question? 199 Applicants Tried But Failed It! by Stemkay: 5:30am On Dec 23, 2010
This totally depends on how individual view the situation, besides the 3 people might be the same person but if not, i would rather save a life at that moment.
This is because if i dont i may not have an opportunity to save a life agn. Since the situation can't lead to the death of others people. For the guy, there are so many other that i could pay him back and the life partner need better explanation afterward n might undstnd.
Note: life cant be revive.
Re: Can You Answer This Interview Question? 199 Applicants Tried But Failed It! by toseman(m): 11:39am On Dec 23, 2010
This ma own point of view
If you were to pick your old friend in the stormy nightand give him a ride,that will be for selfish interest only,the fact that you did not pick does not mean he is gonna die,n by the way he will understand your reason for not picking him,and if you pick your friend,you only want to justify the fact that he has once helped you,
Re: Can You Answer This Interview Question? 199 Applicants Tried But Failed It! by toseman(m): 11:44am On Dec 23, 2010
If you pick your perfect date during the stormy night it will still be for selfish intrest only,the fact that you didnt pick her does not mean you are not gonna find women out there who are far better than her, their are tonnes of fish in the water, you might even pick her n later pay you bad
Re: Can You Answer This Interview Question? 199 Applicants Tried But Failed It! by jaybee3(m): 11:47am On Dec 23, 2010
Ok here you go:
I will get outta the car to stay with the perfect partner that i've been dreaming about and let the old friend drive my car to drop the elderly woman at the hospital. cool cool cool

6 Likes

Re: Can You Answer This Interview Question? 199 Applicants Tried But Failed It! by toseman(m): 11:52am On Dec 23, 2010
Then as for the old woman who is suffering from health threatening life trauma,if you dnt pick her from that stormy night their is a good assurance she is gonna die because she is old n even if you rescue her i wouldnt be for any selfish reason,it would be as a result of sympathy n human feeling, if you dont rescue your friend n the perfect date they wont die,they can always find their ways out of the storm,they are still very young n strong, so i will pick the old woman
Re: Can You Answer This Interview Question? 199 Applicants Tried But Failed It! by Thespecialone(m): 12:34pm On Dec 23, 2010
jay bee:

Ok here you go:
I will get outta the car to stay with the perfect partner that i've been dreaming about

The perfect partner does not exist imho!

jay bee:

let the old friend drive my car to drop the elderly woman at the hospital. cool cool cool

What if the old does not now how to drive, and if he can drive, he does not have a valid drivers license.
Re: Can You Answer This Interview Question? 199 Applicants Tried But Failed It! by Nobody: 1:47pm On Dec 23, 2010
jay bee:

Ok here you go:
I will get outta the car to stay with the perfect partner that i've been dreaming about and let the old friend drive my car to drop the elderly woman at the hospital. cool cool cool
You have it correctly friend.

Thespecialone:

The perfect partner does not exist imho!

What if the old does not now how to drive, and if he can drive, he does not have a valid drivers license.

Assumptions you created yourself; not included in the original question.
Re: Can You Answer This Interview Question? 199 Applicants Tried But Failed It! by scud(m): 2:01pm On Dec 23, 2010
Your car can only take one person. You r the driver. You can't pick anyone.
Re: Can You Answer This Interview Question? 199 Applicants Tried But Failed It! by 9jaman007: 2:33pm On Dec 23, 2010
I will give the keys to my friend to drive the elderly woman to safety and stay with my perfect life partner. That way I would have saved the old lady, returned my friends gesture and spend some time with my perfect life partner.
Everyone is happy!!!
Re: Can You Answer This Interview Question? 199 Applicants Tried But Failed It! by Thespecialone(m): 3:10pm On Dec 23, 2010
drpanaba:

Assumptions you created yourself; not included in the original question.

The original question is an assumption too.
Re: Can You Answer This Interview Question? 199 Applicants Tried But Failed It! by stano(m): 3:57pm On Dec 23, 2010
I will allow my friend to drive and carry the old woman to her destination if he knows how to dirve while I stay with my partner. If he does not know how to driove, then I will carry the old woman and ask two of them to keep each other company, since they both know me.
Re: Can You Answer This Interview Question? 199 Applicants Tried But Failed It! by goksonjay(m): 4:16pm On Dec 23, 2010
I can always use a stone to kill two birds at d same time. I will recompesate my friend back and at d same time save d dying soul. I will release my car key to my friend to take down d old woman to d hospital. A such situation, staying behind with my future partner to shield her in d storm will equally give me opportunity to have a nice time discussing wt her.she would appreciate that better stooping down to care for her in time like that.
Re: Can You Answer This Interview Question? 199 Applicants Tried But Failed It! by Anngirl: 6:36pm On Dec 23, 2010
Best help u can get in such situatn is to get another help.I'd cal an emergency vehicle line (hospital, police, state security, etc) to rescue, using d old lady's health conditn as an attractn
Re: Can You Answer This Interview Question? 199 Applicants Tried But Failed It! by deko24: 12:21am On Dec 24, 2010
well d question says you have passed the bustop so u would not be able to pick anyone even if ur car has the capacity for 1 person
Re: Can You Answer This Interview Question? 199 Applicants Tried But Failed It! by kay4biz(f): 2:06am On Dec 24, 2010
Hello everyone,

Like I said before this was going to be interesting and so far it is.

@Thespecialone will you tell the interviewer that a perfect partner doesn't exist? That is not the question you were asked remember. But good effort though.

@Stemkay you make a very good point. What if your friend can't drive?

@Jaybee @goksonkay and @9jaman007 the 3 of you have the same answers and it actually makes sense because everyone ended up happy. Does that make it the right answer? Well, we'll see.

@Deko24 that is a nice twist that would have been appropriate but sorry in the case that twist doesn't apply. That's a typo, I meant to say 'pass'. So forgive me please.
Re: Can You Answer This Interview Question? 199 Applicants Tried But Failed It! by Nobody: 2:27am On Dec 24, 2010
kay4biz:

Hello everyone,

@Jaybee @goksonkay and @9jaman007 the 3 of you have the same answers and it actually makes sense because everyone ended up happy. Does that make it the right answer? Well, we'll see.

Stop being overly patronising. What is there to see again angry
Re: Can You Answer This Interview Question? 199 Applicants Tried But Failed It! by iyken4real: 9:56am On Dec 24, 2010
I would take all three since my card can contain all of them
Re: Can You Answer This Interview Question? 199 Applicants Tried But Failed It! by mimionye(m): 7:40pm On Dec 26, 2010
the answer to this question is,

since it is a car, its not possible to have one space , therefore it can contain the three of them. i will pick them becos a car can contain four persons.
Re: Can You Answer This Interview Question? 199 Applicants Tried But Failed It! by mcnepow(m): 8:30am On Dec 27, 2010
Hmmm,
Re: Can You Answer This Interview Question? 199 Applicants Tried But Failed It! by Sharonf(f): 8:38am On Dec 27, 2010
Why cant you pick all of them. . . abi no be car?
Re: Can You Answer This Interview Question? 199 Applicants Tried But Failed It! by thendy: 5:35pm On Dec 27, 2010
There is no need 2 pick any of them, bcuz they r waitin 4 a bus. So they r nt stranded nd dnt need my help.
Re: Can You Answer This Interview Question? 199 Applicants Tried But Failed It! by thendy: 5:36pm On Dec 27, 2010
There is no need 2 pick any of them, bcuz they r waitin 4 a bus. So they r nt stranded nd dnt need my help.
Re: Can You Answer This Interview Question? 199 Applicants Tried But Failed It! by pingpong1: 6:31pm On Dec 27, 2010
Of the lot, its only the old time friend that you REALLY know. So I will fish in a familiar pond.
Re: Can You Answer This Interview Question? 199 Applicants Tried But Failed It! by pingpong1: 6:35pm On Dec 27, 2010
You cant say for sure that one has a life threatening condition just by looking and the life partner is only a dream.
Re: Can You Answer This Interview Question? 199 Applicants Tried But Failed It! by blank(f): 9:45am On Dec 28, 2010
Straightforward answer.

The car can only contain one person and that person is ME, the driver.
I won't pick up anyone else cos space no reach them.
Re: Can You Answer This Interview Question? 199 Applicants Tried But Failed It! by kay4biz(f): 1:45am On Dec 29, 2010
Hello everyone,

It been nice reading all your answers. Some where interesting and others were funny but that was the point.

The one person that got the job out of the 200 applicants that were asked simply said:

“I would give the car keys to my old friend and let him take the sick woman to the hospital. Then, I could stay behind and wait for the bus with the partner of my dreams”

Moral of the Question

The lesson according to where this story was picked from is that the person in the story was ready to give up in order to get up and go on. Give up some time, money, comfort, etc, to help others. You will get it all back because every good you do will re-write your story for good.

The Winner

If I choice to be strict, I would say no one got the answer. Everyone that said they'll stay with their partner didn't actually say they'll stay with her to wait for a bus which is important because it was a stormy night and so you obviously can't spend it talking. You can only wrap her up with perhaps your jacket and pray to God a bus comes your way.

But this isn't an interview for a job neither am I an interviewer, so I'll give it to Jaybee.

Please contact me for your recharge card.

Take care everybody
Re: Can You Answer This Interview Question? 199 Applicants Tried But Failed It! by jaybee3(m): 3:18pm On Dec 29, 2010
The recharge card is pretty useless to me so pls give the 1000 naira to any begger of your choice on your way home today.
Thnx
Re: Can You Answer This Interview Question? 199 Applicants Tried But Failed It! by kay4biz(f): 1:05am On Dec 30, 2010
jay bee:

The recharge card is pretty useless to me so pls give the 1000 naira to any begger of your choice on your way home today.
Thnx

Hello Jaybee,

I am sure a Nigerian recharge card is No useless to a Nigerian except you don't have a phone, lol. But I think I know what you mean. Anyway, I don't go out often and when I do it's not usually in my habit to look for beggars so I can't promise to give it to a beggar but I can assure you that I will give it to someone who will appreciate it and I would make sure to tell the person how the money came about.

Take care Jay.
Re: Can You Answer This Interview Question? 199 Applicants Tried But Failed It! by Agbo2(m): 9:56am On Dec 30, 2010
He is probably not in Nigeria which makes the recharge card useless to him as he said.
you can as well text it to my telephone number 08033919924, I will appreciate Jay bee for it.
Re: Can You Answer This Interview Question? 199 Applicants Tried But Failed It! by d7thcaller: 11:56am On Dec 30, 2010
@ kAY4biz,
Nice one, keep it up!

(1) (2) (Reply)

If You Are Called In For Interview, How Do You Salute/greet The Panel? / "I Need a Job" Threads & Resume Posting Welcome Here / Dear 2016 Beneficiaries, Read Carefully And Stay Tuned

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.