Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,262 members, 7,780,584 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:57 PM

I Need The Amazon Kindle 3g Ebook Reader. - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / I Need The Amazon Kindle 3g Ebook Reader. (6502 Views)

Shop U.S/eBay/Amazon $3.75 per lb U.S To NIGERIA, No Commission. / Amazon Kindle Fire HD For Sale / Amazon Kindle Dx E-ink Ebook Reader For Sale! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need The Amazon Kindle 3g Ebook Reader. by flyuche(m): 9:18am On Dec 23, 2010
anyone here sells this ebook reader?  or where i can get it in lagos. i need it badly and fast for xmas gift. thanks.
Re: I Need The Amazon Kindle 3g Ebook Reader. by Nobody: 10:50am On Dec 23, 2010
I am actually also looking for an ebook reader. Perhaps the Sony one. The Amazon kindle is very restrictive. You can only buy books from Amazon. Are you planning to use it here in Nigeria.
There should be e book readers at the major electronic shops in Lagos. At the palms, pc outlet, etc. I will probably check the Sony shops in V/I, Lekki and Ikeja.
Re: I Need The Amazon Kindle 3g Ebook Reader. by flyuche(m): 12:29pm On Dec 23, 2010
Fortissimo:

I am actually also looking for an ebook reader. Perhaps the Sony one. The Amazon kindle is very restrictive. You can only buy books from Amazon. Are you planning to use it here in Nigeria.
There should be e book readers at the major electronic shops in Lagos. At the palms, pc outlet, etc. I will probably check the Sony shops in V/I, Lekki and Ikeja.
it can be used anywhere. actually you can manually load your ebooks from your PC on to the reader. you don't have to buy anything from amazon. just for reading books.
Re: I Need The Amazon Kindle 3g Ebook Reader. by DualCore1: 1:11pm On Dec 23, 2010
Flyuche, I could get this for you but not within your timeframe. If you dont get any until 1st in January, you can let me know.
Re: I Need The Amazon Kindle 3g Ebook Reader. by Nobody: 3:40pm On Dec 23, 2010
@Flyuche but if you want to buy e books online, you can only buy from Amazon. And I don't think it you would be able to read e books bought from other websites. But why wouldnt you prefer the Sony version?

Does anyone know the price range here in nigeria? I know in the US it goes for about $200.
Re: I Need The Amazon Kindle 3g Ebook Reader. by flyuche(m): 3:59pm On Dec 23, 2010
Dual Core:

Flyuche, I could get this for you but not within your timeframe. If you dont get any until 1st in January, you can let me know.

thanks. i'll keep you posted.
Fortissimo:

@Flyuche but if you want to buy e books online, you can only buy from Amazon. And I don't think it you would be able to read e books bought from other websites. But why wouldnt you prefer the Sony version?

Does anyone know the price range here in nigeria? I know in the US it goes for about $200.

i have an Amazon.com account. i have been buying stuff like hard-copy books, shirts and CDs. but this they don't ship to Nigeria. and you know i have Nigerian bank issued debit mastercard.
Re: I Need The Amazon Kindle 3g Ebook Reader. by Nobody: 4:32pm On Dec 23, 2010
@Flyuche. So any luck yet? I'm also planning to get one. I'm hoping it won't be much more than $200 equivalent. But have you done research on other ebook readers available? I always like to know exactly what I'm buying. The sony prs 950 looks pretty tight and you can buy books from any store and it seem to support more file formats than the kindle. plus its a sony,  and their products are usually of the best quality.
I'm not really plannin to buy books online but the fact it lets u buy from any store as compared to the kindle which shackles u to amazon makes it a little better in my eyes.
Re: I Need The Amazon Kindle 3g Ebook Reader. by texazzpete(m): 1:12am On Dec 24, 2010
I've got a brand new Sony PRS-900BC Daily Reader Edition Ebook reader for sale. You can get it ASAP if you're in Lagos. You game?

Re: I Need The Amazon Kindle 3g Ebook Reader. by flyuche(m): 3:39am On Dec 24, 2010
@tex. this model does not have wifi. anyway, what's your price . i still prefer the kindle 3G ereader though. i can manage the newer sony model PRS-950SC Daily Reader.
Re: I Need The Amazon Kindle 3g Ebook Reader. by texazzpete(m): 5:15am On Dec 24, 2010
flyuche:

@tex. this model does not have wifi. anyway, what's your price . i still prefer the kindle 3G ereader though. i can manage the newer sony model PRS-950SC Daily Reader.

35k.
Re: I Need The Amazon Kindle 3g Ebook Reader. by Nobody: 9:21am On Dec 24, 2010
Is it brand new still in the box? And where did you buy yours?
Re: I Need The Amazon Kindle 3g Ebook Reader. by texazzpete(m): 9:51am On Dec 24, 2010
Fortissimo:

Is it brand new still in the box? And where did you buy yours?

ordered it from the US, selling it because i got an iPad
Re: I Need The Amazon Kindle 3g Ebook Reader. by Nobody: 4:41pm On Jan 07, 2011
Have you considered the iriver story? It's available at kalahari
Re: I Need The Amazon Kindle 3g Ebook Reader. by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jan 07, 2011
tex are you still selling?
Re: I Need The Amazon Kindle 3g Ebook Reader. by texazzpete(m): 5:55pm On Jan 07, 2011
Yep, still available.
Re: I Need The Amazon Kindle 3g Ebook Reader. by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jan 07, 2011
Do u use it? @ tex
Re: I Need The Amazon Kindle 3g Ebook Reader. by Nobody: 5:08am On Jan 08, 2011
I saw some of ur earlier posts that u where selling a kindle dx.
This prs 900, how well used is it? Did it have to be unlocked? I knw some stuff bought from the US r not able to be used here.
Re: I Need The Amazon Kindle 3g Ebook Reader. by texazzpete(m): 3:01pm On Jan 08, 2011
Fortissimo:

I saw some of your earlier posts that u where selling a kindle dx.
This prs 900, how well used is it? Did it have to be unlocked? I knw some stuff bought from the US r not able to be used here.

The kindle is long gone.
The sony reader is brand new, just opened and used for demo purposes.
It doesn't need any form of unlocking.
Re: I Need The Amazon Kindle 3g Ebook Reader. by Nobody: 5:02pm On Jan 08, 2011
Demo purposes? What's that? If everything is still factory fresh and all the accessories are complete, then I would be ready to buy it by mid month or so. How come you bought the kindle then sold it?
Re: I Need The Amazon Kindle 3g Ebook Reader. by walan(m): 2:42pm On Jan 17, 2011
Hi, has anyone been able to locate a store here in Nigeria to get the Amazon Kindle yet.
I can't wait to get my hands on that device. Any suggestion is welcomed.
Re: I Need The Amazon Kindle 3g Ebook Reader. by Nobody: 12:38pm On Feb 05, 2011
i am also interested in the kindle, any updates?
Re: I Need The Amazon Kindle 3g Ebook Reader. by Nobody: 1:13pm On Feb 05, 2011
I don't think any store in Lagos stocks ebook readers. I've checked at the palms, pc outlet, park and shop, cash and carry,etc. However, on kalahari . com, they have the iriver story and iriver cover story in stock. The prices are a little steep, but i believe the ereaders are competent.
Re: I Need The Amazon Kindle 3g Ebook Reader. by BriTonDiDa: 7:04pm On Feb 05, 2011
fntekim:

i am also interested in the kindle, any updates?
walan:

Hi, has anyone been able to locate a store here in Nigeria to get the Amazon Kindle yet.
I can't wait to get my hands on that device. Any suggestion is welcomed.

Fortissimo:

I don't think any store in Lagos stocks ebook readers. I've checked at the palms, pc outlet, park and shop, cash and carry,etc. However, on kalahari . com, they have the iriver story and iriver cover story in stock. The prices are a little steep, but i believe the ereaders are competent.

We could get you one from Canada at reasonable prices and delivery will be within 2 weeks.
Re: I Need The Amazon Kindle 3g Ebook Reader. by osikhueme(f): 8:02am On Feb 07, 2011
I also want a Kindle DX 3G ebook reader, graphite,

Kindly advise on how to purchase,
Re: I Need The Amazon Kindle 3g Ebook Reader. by Fhemmmy: 4:44pm On Feb 07, 2011
osikhueme:

I also want a Kindle DX 3G ebook reader, graphite,

Kindly advise on how to purchase,

I am surprised at the rate at which Nigerians are buying e-book reader these days, r u aware that Sony 950 could do what kindle would do and a little cheaper?
Anyhow, we could deliver what you want at a cost of 78K Naira
Re: I Need The Amazon Kindle 3g Ebook Reader. by osikhueme(f): 4:58pm On Feb 07, 2011
Sony ereader is 7". That's too small for a reader if you ask me!! Kindle DX is 9.7"!!! 78k? It's $379 on Amazon, so even if you factor in shipping costs, 78k is way too much
Re: I Need The Amazon Kindle 3g Ebook Reader. by Fhemmmy: 5:05pm On Feb 07, 2011
osikhueme:

Sony ereader is 7". That's too small for a reader if you ask me!! Kindle DX is 9.7"!!! 78k? It's $379 on Amazon, so even if you factor in shipping costs, 78k is way too much

78K Naira = 500$$
So if sold for 379$$ on amazon, dnt forget that you would pay tax on that.
Will pay for shipping
Will clear at Lagos Airport
So do the math again, and you would know that is very reasonable.
Re: I Need The Amazon Kindle 3g Ebook Reader. by scopusng(m): 6:51pm On Apr 12, 2011
I am based in Nigeria and I buy stuff at amazon.com with my us SHIPPING ADDRESS and i get all items here. go to myus.com and register for Us address and phone number.
Re: I Need The Amazon Kindle 3g Ebook Reader. by maryini(f): 8:47pm On Aug 16, 2011
I HAVE A Kindle, Wi-Fi, 6" E Ink Pearl Display - includes Special Offers & Sponsored Screensavers FOR SALE AT NGN16,000 IN NIGERIA, U CAN REACH ME AT to get the details etc.
Re: I Need The Amazon Kindle 3g Ebook Reader. by maryini(f): 11:37am On Sep 15, 2011
The kindle has been sold!
Re: I Need The Amazon Kindle 3g Ebook Reader. by Skywriter: 2:28am On Nov 22, 2011
I write on behalf of www.Proxycart.com

You can get any of the newest Amazon Kindle at a total cost lower than what you can find in Nigeria. Also, rest assured what you buy from the US is authentic and genuine.

With ProxyCart.com, you can order a product from any US online store of your choice (including amazon and ebay) and have it delivered to you in Lagos. www.ProxyCart.com is easy to use, reliable, secure, and affordable. Simply use the "Product Request" tool on www.proxycart.com to request a quote on any product you wish to buy. You will receive a price quote within 6 to 12 hours of submitting your "Product Request". www.ProxyCart.com also features some of the best deals from a variety of US retailers. Serious inquiries, please call (US) +18019800023 or (Nigeria) 08028489218
Re: I Need The Amazon Kindle 3g Ebook Reader. by freakyd5: 5:53pm On Apr 08, 2013
Anyone got a Kindle Paperwhite for sale or where I can get in Lagos asap.

(1) (Reply)

Hikvision Ip Cctv & Analog Camera Solution@discounted prices in Port harcourt / New Hp Pro Book 4540s Intel Core I3,fingerprint , 84k / Tokunbo Washing Machine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.