Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,383 members, 7,808,360 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:49 AM

Is Kissing A Sin - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Kissing A Sin (2923 Views)

Is Kissing And Hugging Sinful In Christian Courtship? / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. / Is Kissing A Sin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Kissing A Sin by funmbi92(f): 4:17pm On Dec 23, 2010
I want to know if its right to allow kissing in a Godly relationship. Am not talking about SEX.
Re: Is Kissing A Sin by donkarly(m): 5:40pm On Dec 23, 2010
kissing per say is not sin but can lead to sin.that same feeling or urge that leads to kissing could lead beyond that.flee all appearances of evil says the bible.
Re: Is Kissing A Sin by Ogaga4Luv(m): 6:00pm On Dec 23, 2010
[size=13pt]Kissing is not a sin. . . poster use your brain please! lipsrsealed

Let him kiss me with the kisses of his mouth: for thy love is better than wine.

Bible, Song of Solomon, 1. 1
[/size]
Re: Is Kissing A Sin by cogicero: 7:29pm On Dec 23, 2010
funmbi92:

I want to know if its right to allow kissing in a Godly relationship. Am not talking about SEX.
yes you can be in a Godly relationship and not kiss.

difficult? yes. impossible? no. biblical, and therefore beneficial? definitely yes.

i know you are not talking about sex but you said godly relationship so lets see what God says.

1 Tim 5:1-2 teaches how to deal with other members of God's family
Do not rebuke an older man harshly, but exhort him as if he were your father. Treat younger men as brothers, older women as mothers, and younger women as sisters, with absolute purity."

absolute purity! shocked

more: romans 12, especially vv. 9-13 ("love must be sincere. . . . be devoted to one another in brotherly love. honor one another above yourselves."wink; romans 13:8-14, especially vv. 9b and 10a ("Love your neighbor as yourself. Love does no harm to its neighbor."wink; 1 Cor. 13:4-7, especially v. 5 (love "is not self-seeking"wink.

1 Cor 7:3 states the exception to this rule: when we are married, our bodies literally belong to our spouse as designed by God in Gen 1:28; paul also instructs spouses to meet one another's sexual needs and to be together regularly so as to protect ourselves from falling into ungodly lust and extramarital sexual activity. God wants us to have great sex!!! but only after we are married.

1 Thess. 4:3-8 has much more to say. please read carefully:
It is God's will that you should be sanctified: that you should avoid sexual immorality; that each of you should learn to control his own body in a way that is holy and honorable, not in passionate lust like the heathen, who do not know God; and that in this matter no one should wrong his brother or take advantage of him. The Lord will punish men for all such sins, as we have already told you and warned you. For God did not call us to be impure, but to lead a holy life. Therefore, he who rejects this instruction does not reject man but God, who gives you his holy spirit.

ok so now that should be clear. God wants us to be different, and sex is a part of the story. lets zoom in on kissing.

sex is everything that leads to the intercourse itself. kissing is a fundamental part of God's design for great sex, it is called pre-intimacy.

[size=18pt]sex is a one-way street on a downward sloping mountainside. you gather a lot of momentum the second you enter it, and according to the Great Engineer's design of that street, there's only one reason to get on it.[/size]

you dont have to accept it of course. but i believe it's true either way.
Re: Is Kissing A Sin by JeSoul(f): 7:33pm On Dec 23, 2010
^na wa oh. See dissertation lol.
Re: Is Kissing A Sin by cogicero: 7:34pm On Dec 23, 2010
^^^^
grin
Re: Is Kissing A Sin by JeSoul(f): 7:37pm On Dec 23, 2010
^my brother, I just dey salute you oh smiley

Question. Is kissing always and under all circumstances, pre-intimacy?
Re: Is Kissing A Sin by cogicero: 7:43pm On Dec 23, 2010
@jesoul, to kiss means to touch or caress with the lips as an expression of affection, greeting, respect, or amorousness

in the context of the op's question, it is an aspect of pre-intimacy.

more: romans 12, especially vv. 9-13 ("love must be sincere. . . . be devoted to one another in brotherly love. honor one another above yourselves."wink; romans 13:8-14, especially vv. 9b and 10a ("Love your neighbor as yourself. Love does no harm to its neighbor."wink; 1 Cor. 13:4-7, especially v. 5 (love "is not self-seeking"wink.

ask is it sincere? is it in honor? does it do harm? is it self-seeking (ulterior motives)?

nobody can say for you if its a sin or not.
Re: Is Kissing A Sin by kemmyxy: 10:08am On Dec 24, 2010
so are we saying Kissing should not be allowed in a Godly relationship?
Re: Is Kissing A Sin by newmi(m): 11:20am On Dec 24, 2010
Though this is childish question, but it only explains that you haven't seen these reference in scriptures
Gen 27:27
Gen 29:11
1 Sam 10:1
1Sam 20:41
1 Kings 19:20
Luke 7:38
Acts 20:37
Re: Is Kissing A Sin by e36991: 12:48pm On Dec 25, 2010
funmbi92:

I want to know if its right to allow kissing in a Godly relationship.

Am not talking about SEX.

Newmi responding to funmbi92:

Though this is childish question, but it only explains that you haven't seen these reference in scriptures
Gen 27:27
Gen 29:11
1 Sam 10:1
1Sam 20:41
1 Kings 19:20
Luke 7:38
Acts 20:37

@^^^

Oh almighty Newmi, "Taba nowo ika siyan, meta ninu e apada na sara eni"

Literally means resist the impulse of a pot calling a kettle black

because how is the type and nature of question asked by OP - funmbi92 different from the one thou asked below (i.e. Did Jesus Lie Here?)

Newmi asking Did Jesus Lie Here?:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-574101.0.html#msg7401400

John 7:8-10
8Go ye up unto this feast: I GO NOT up yet unto this feast; for my time is not full come.
9When he had said these words unto them, he abode still in Galilee.
10But when his brethren were gone up, then WENT he also up unto the feast, not openly, but as it were in secret."

Did Jesus lie?

PS: Good signposts Newmi wink

(1) (Reply)

Pastors Highest Currency Denomination SCAM Exposed! / Jesus Christ Must Have Been Terrorist / Spiritual Dwarf Vs Spiritual Giant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.