Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,766 members, 7,802,344 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:49 PM

Waec Nov/dec 2010 Gce Result Is Out But Only 20% Passed Nationwide,what A Shame! - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Waec Nov/dec 2010 Gce Result Is Out But Only 20% Passed Nationwide,what A Shame! (8541 Views)

WAEC Nov/Dec 2012 Result Released / Waec Nov/dec 2010 Gce Result Is Out / Waec Nov/dec Exam Online Registration [get Some Update Here] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Waec Nov/dec 2010 Gce Result Is Out But Only 20% Passed Nationwide,what A Shame! by WAECOFFICE: 8:56am On Dec 24, 2010
20% pass WAEC
December 23, 2010
Lagos — Only 20.04 per cent or 62,295 candidates
obtained credit pass in English, Mathematics and
three other subjects in the Nov./Dec. 2010 West
African Senior School Certificate Examination,
WASSCE.
Head of the Nigerian National Office of the West
African Examination Council, WAEC, Dr Iyi Uwadiae at
a press conference, yesterday, in Lagos said the result
was not impressive.
He said 310,077 candidates sat for the examination
with 51,876 of them, representing 16.73 per cent,
being withheld for their involvement in “alleged
malpractice.”
“A total of 133,507 candidates (43.06 per cent)
obtained credit and above in English Language, while
151,569 candidates (48.88 per cent) obtained credit
and above in Mathematics, ” he said.
Uwadiae told journalists that 33 blind candidates
took the examination and only four of them got
credit passes in five subjects including English
Language.
Blind candidates are exempted by regulation from
registering for mathematics and science based
subjects.
“ All the reports on cases of involvement in
examination malpractice have been complied for
presentation to the Nigerian Examination Committee
of the Council in March, ” he said.
Uwadiae said the result was released two weeks
ahead of schedule to enable students use these for
registration purposes in higher institutions that had
admitted them.
He told journalists that WAEC would soon modernise
its examination model to the e_testing format
(electronic test) but that the process was at its
experimental stage.
“The quick release of the result is due to the
commitment of the markers and the effective
application of our new computer software for
processing results, ” he said.

www.vanguardngr.com/2010/12/20-pass-waec/
Re: Waec Nov/dec 2010 Gce Result Is Out But Only 20% Passed Nationwide,what A Shame! by WAECOFFICE: 9:18am On Dec 24, 2010
check back next week
Re: Waec Nov/dec 2010 Gce Result Is Out But Only 20% Passed Nationwide,what A Shame! by WAECOFFICE: 2:23pm On Dec 24, 2010
cry
Re: Waec Nov/dec 2010 Gce Result Is Out But Only 20% Passed Nationwide,what A Shame! by MrMRIEDEH: 10:44pm On Dec 24, 2010
THIS YEAR RESULT, WE RECORDED AN UNBELIEVABLE RESULT MASS FAILURE.
CALL THE NUMBER ABOVE FOR ANY RESULT PROBLEM ASSISTANCE NOW.
Re: Waec Nov/dec 2010 Gce Result Is Out But Only 20% Passed Nationwide,what A Shame! by MrMRIEDEH: 10:47pm On Dec 24, 2010
FOR ANY RESULT PROBLEM CANDIDATES.
CALL THE NUMBER ABOVE FOR ANY RESULT PROBLEM ASSISTANCE NOW.
Re: Waec Nov/dec 2010 Gce Result Is Out But Only 20% Passed Nationwide,what A Shame! by WAECOFFICE: 6:18am On Dec 25, 2010
for more information concerning your result, failure or canceled or withheld, call us
Re: Waec Nov/dec 2010 Gce Result Is Out But Only 20% Passed Nationwide,what A Shame! by MRFRANKs: 12:16pm On Dec 25, 2010
for more information concerning your result, failure , canceled or withheld, call us Now.
Re: Waec Nov/dec 2010 Gce Result Is Out But Only 20% Passed Nationwide,what A Shame! by thetelz(m): 1:41am On Dec 26, 2010
Me dey chop my chicken dey clean my mouth wella joooooo oo.baba God thank you.
I imagine the attitude of the parents to those that didn't pass,sorry o.but waec no suppose release am for this kind period of time now,when guys don dey hype for christmas already
Re: Waec Nov/dec 2010 Gce Result Is Out But Only 20% Passed Nationwide,what A Shame! by OchiAgha2(m): 8:11am On Dec 27, 2010
Is it me, or are Nigerians not progressing? Especially in terms of education.
Re: Waec Nov/dec 2010 Gce Result Is Out But Only 20% Passed Nationwide,what A Shame! by slap1(m): 8:15am On Dec 27, 2010
The Government is to blame. The best teachers are off to where the grass is greener, the available ones need as much knowledge as the kids they teach.
Re: Waec Nov/dec 2010 Gce Result Is Out But Only 20% Passed Nationwide,what A Shame! by Mobinga: 8:16am On Dec 27, 2010
Nigeria's education sector is on a steady decline. Wouldn't be suprised if only 10% make it next year.
Re: Waec Nov/dec 2010 Gce Result Is Out But Only 20% Passed Nationwide,what A Shame! by frankcimc(m): 8:22am On Dec 27, 2010
Politician are busy fighting to be reelected bk to office while our education system is fast dying. Education in Nigeria use to be sth to be proud for before now see wetin dey happen to our education system. Chei Chinekeeeee  20%only. We need to do sth fast or else,
Re: Waec Nov/dec 2010 Gce Result Is Out But Only 20% Passed Nationwide,what A Shame! by SeanT21(f): 8:25am On Dec 27, 2010
Shocking.

My brother took Waec back in Liberia. Hope he did good!!
Re: Waec Nov/dec 2010 Gce Result Is Out But Only 20% Passed Nationwide,what A Shame! by damipaul(m): 8:27am On Dec 27, 2010
Oh God of creation, direct our Noble cause, guide our leaders right, help our youth the truth to know,
Re: Waec Nov/dec 2010 Gce Result Is Out But Only 20% Passed Nationwide,what A Shame! by sochan: 8:28am On Dec 27, 2010
The whole education system in Nigeria is dead. the Unity Schools are dead, the Universities are dead. No investments, yet we pay NASS member billions of naira every year.

Nigerians wake up and claim your country back. This siddon look gets us nothing. the people who rule us do not send thier children to schools in Nigeria.

There must be a preventing any law maker from sending thier kids abroad or to private schools. Alos to qualify to run for elections your kids muts be attending state school.
Re: Waec Nov/dec 2010 Gce Result Is Out But Only 20% Passed Nationwide,what A Shame! by oseiwe(m): 8:31am On Dec 27, 2010
I knew it would come to dis cos d mecernaries don advance. Students nowadays prefer season films, european leagues or yah00.
Re: Waec Nov/dec 2010 Gce Result Is Out But Only 20% Passed Nationwide,what A Shame! by Sharonf(f): 8:40am On Dec 27, 2010
I blame government, bad parents, UEFA champions league, television and blah blah blah
Re: Waec Nov/dec 2010 Gce Result Is Out But Only 20% Passed Nationwide,what A Shame! by Nektar(f): 8:50am On Dec 27, 2010
They depends mainly in malpractices and forget reading their books, even the so called brilliant ones are joining the queue to avoid stress.
All this special centers are the cause of this decline since the prefer to pay some cash and they wl be assured of a good grade,bt waec is gettin them nw.
Re: Waec Nov/dec 2010 Gce Result Is Out But Only 20% Passed Nationwide,what A Shame! by lagbaja20: 8:58am On Dec 27, 2010
Nektar:

They depends [/b]mainly in malpractices and [b]forget reading their books, even the so called brilliant ones are joining the queue to avoid stress.
All this special centers are the cause of this decline since the prefer to pay some cash and they wl be assured of a good grade,bt waec is gettin them nw.

I doubt you pass WAEC yourself
You are probably on those 80% that failed!
Re: Waec Nov/dec 2010 Gce Result Is Out But Only 20% Passed Nationwide,what A Shame! by Nektar(f): 9:08am On Dec 27, 2010
lagbaja20:

I doubt you pass WAEC yourself
You are probably on those 80% that failed!
forget abt ur rant mr professor,i wrote it fast wtout checking d spellings bt i nw discovered that i made some grammatical errors.
Mind u am no longer taking waec or schooling idiot.
Re: Waec Nov/dec 2010 Gce Result Is Out But Only 20% Passed Nationwide,what A Shame! by Nektar(f): 9:14am On Dec 27, 2010
I hv bn finding it difficult modifying my post today since it wl display that i cnt modify,i dnt knw d cause anyway.
Re: Waec Nov/dec 2010 Gce Result Is Out But Only 20% Passed Nationwide,what A Shame! by lagbaja20: 9:15am On Dec 27, 2010
Nektar:

forget abt your rant mr professor,i wrote it fast wtout checking d spellings bt i nw discovered that i made some grammatical errors.
Mind u am no longer taking waec or schooling .

Of course, you are not!
WAEC must have been an insurmountable mountain for you
Re: Waec Nov/dec 2010 Gce Result Is Out But Only 20% Passed Nationwide,what A Shame! by Nobody: 9:17am On Dec 27, 2010
Do we really think our Government cares? Most, if not all of our so called leaders have their wards in private or foreign schools. So, I can't see how they are affected by this.

The students on their part no longer care about studying hard for exams. Everyone seems 2 be looking for an easier way out. Waiting for expo and paying above normal for special centers.
They spend the bulk of their time watching television, playing PS3, checking their facebook page, watching EPL etc.

As a person said, I also won't be surprised if it drops to 10% next year.
Re: Waec Nov/dec 2010 Gce Result Is Out But Only 20% Passed Nationwide,what A Shame! by Nektar(f): 9:32am On Dec 27, 2010
daralex007:

Do we really think our Government cares? Most, if not all of our so called leaders have their wards in private or foreign schools. So, I can't see how they are affected by this.

The students on their part no longer care about studying hard for exams. Everyone seems 2 be looking for an easier way out. Waiting for expo and paying above normal for special centers.
They spend the bulk of their time watching television, playing PS3, checking their facebook page, watching EPL etc.

daralex007:

actually,this is d point am trying to make and i dnt think we have any impediments to the growth of our students in those exams other than these points u mentioned.
Re: Waec Nov/dec 2010 Gce Result Is Out But Only 20% Passed Nationwide,what A Shame! by WackyJ1(m): 9:39am On Dec 27, 2010
Back then it was harder yet many passed. Now it's getting easier and yet success rate is dropping. Students are no longer motivated to read.
Re: Waec Nov/dec 2010 Gce Result Is Out But Only 20% Passed Nationwide,what A Shame! by WAECOFFlCE(m): 9:40am On Dec 27, 2010
for more information concerning your result, failure or canceled or withheld, call us
Re: Waec Nov/dec 2010 Gce Result Is Out But Only 20% Passed Nationwide,what A Shame! by Nobody: 9:51am On Dec 27, 2010
WackyJ1:

Back then it was harder yet many passed. Now it's getting easier and yet success rate is dropping. Students are no longer motivated to read.
Whenever I see their questions, I always ask myself if WAEC has finally lost it. The questions are way too simple for any serious minded student to fail.
Re: Waec Nov/dec 2010 Gce Result Is Out But Only 20% Passed Nationwide,what A Shame! by voiceoutng(m): 9:54am On Dec 27, 2010
Drastic steps need to be taken, our nation is falling due to lip service paid to education, we need good citizens of nigeria well placed to come and lend a helping hand
Re: Waec Nov/dec 2010 Gce Result Is Out But Only 20% Passed Nationwide,what A Shame! by WAECOFFlCE(m): 10:06am On Dec 27, 2010
Re: Waec Nov/dec 2010 Gce Result Is Out But Only 20% Passed Nationwide,what A Shame! by aieromon(m): 10:21am On Dec 27, 2010
So we prefer to blame the students instead of the system?
In a land where lawlessness is a norm,it is a crime to be lawful.
Congrats to the 20% that were able to beat the system.
Re: Waec Nov/dec 2010 Gce Result Is Out But Only 20% Passed Nationwide,what A Shame! by hercules07: 10:29am On Dec 27, 2010
We should blame the students first and foremost, it is their future and they are meant to safeguard it against all odds, the internet they use for yahoo and facebook can be used for serious educational work. We should also apportion some blames to parents who are failing in their responsibilities, if you instill hard work and a reading culture in your wards, they will never depart from it. The government should take a large blame as well, what we see in our education sector is what we have witnessed in all other sectors of our economy, a government that is incapable of doing anything constructive, they would rather privatise or throw money at the problem when all it needs is just some common sense, I am going to ask the apostles of privatization, do we now privatize our public schools? We need to vote in governments who will give us sound education, the three things we need in nigeria are education, security and infrastructure, if we can get these three, the country will move forward.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

College Of Education, Ikere Ekiti(degree Program) / Mind Blowing Facts- Picture Collection 3 / Our Lady Of Apostles Secondary School Yaba Lagos.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.