Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,769 members, 7,798,576 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:12 AM

What Happens To Nigerians In Diaspora Without E-passport After Deadline? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Happens To Nigerians In Diaspora Without E-passport After Deadline? (3571 Views)

Nigeria E-passport New Prices Start Today. / Many Nigerians Living In Nigeria Hate Nigerians In Diaspora, Jealous Much? / Re-issue Of Nigerian E-passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Happens To Nigerians In Diaspora Without E-passport After Deadline? by Ebuziem(m): 11:22am On Dec 25, 2010
Hi,

I live in Chicago USA and as of today December 25th 2010, I do not have the new e-passort for Nigeria.  I was told the old passport becomes invalid after December 31st, 2010.  Does it mean that all Nigerians in diaspora that failed to meet this deadline could not go home again?  Could they not be allowed entrance and then ensure that they get e-passport in order to travel back?  As of today, about only 10% of Nigerians in Chicago have the e-passport and I think the same rate applies in other parts of the world.
I implore those in-charge to reconsider the decision.  Let them provide options that are realistic and convenient to the citizens.
Is there any existing solution to this?  I am very curious and will highly appreciate all responses relating to this issue.
Thank you.
Re: What Happens To Nigerians In Diaspora Without E-passport After Deadline? by justwise(m): 11:46am On Dec 25, 2010
Ebuziem:

Hi,I live in Chicago USA and as of today December 25th 2010, I do not have the new e-passort for Nigeria. I was told the old passport becomes invalid after December 31st, 2010. Does it mean that all Nigerians in diaspora that failed to meet this deadline could not go home again? Could they not be allowed entrance and then ensure that they get e-passport in order to travel back? As of today, about only 10% of Nigerians in Chicago have the e-passport and I think the same rate applies in other parts of the world.
I implore those in-charge to reconsider the decision. Let them provide options that are realistic and convenient to the citizens.
Is there any existing solution to this? I am very curious and will highly appreciate all responses relating to this issue.
Thank you.
It has been extended to April next yr.
Re: What Happens To Nigerians In Diaspora Without E-passport After Deadline? by Ebuziem(m): 12:01pm On Dec 25, 2010
Thank you Justwise for your response.
Do you know the specific date in April? Is it April 30th, 2011? I can arrange to visit Nigeria and then get the new e-passport before returning.
Other useful comments are welcome please.
Re: What Happens To Nigerians In Diaspora Without E-passport After Deadline? by justwise(m): 1:57pm On Dec 25, 2010
Ebuziem:

Do you know the specific date in April? Is it April 30th, 2011? I can arrange to visit Nigeria and then get the new e-passport before returning.

I'm not sure about the specific date.
Re: What Happens To Nigerians In Diaspora Without E-passport After Deadline? by Ebuziem(m): 7:03am On Dec 26, 2010
Ok, Thank you Justwise.
Re: What Happens To Nigerians In Diaspora Without E-passport After Deadline? by bash673(m): 9:03pm On Dec 26, 2010
Ebuziem:

You can renew your passport in New york, DC or Atlanta. You apply online and pay $65. Apply here and sign in with your yahoo or gmail https://www.swgloballlc.com/report/getReceipt/receiptId/129190194494472
make sure you print your acknowledgment and receipt and the initial data form for you to sign. Pay with one credit card only once in two hours, so if you are going to pay for many it is advisable to group them together in the cart and pay at once.
Good-luck.
Re: What Happens To Nigerians In Diaspora Without E-passport After Deadline? by agenta999(f): 10:52pm On Dec 26, 2010
still on new electronics passport, what about those that paid the 65 dollar, but was not able to get appointment at the embassy for fingerprints for that six months. are they requested to pay another 65 dollar. because it was written that after 6 months, your payment will expire.
Re: What Happens To Nigerians In Diaspora Without E-passport After Deadline? by bash673(m): 1:50am On Dec 27, 2010
agenta999:

still on new electronics passport, what about those that paid the 65 dollar, but was not able to get appointment at the embassy for fingerprints for that six months. are they requested to pay another 65 dollar. because it was written that after 6 months, your payment will expire.

I think you can ask for a refund of your money
For refund queries, please contact us at 1-877-693-1919 or refund@swgloballlc.com
Re: What Happens To Nigerians In Diaspora Without E-passport After Deadline? by bash673(m): 1:53am On Dec 27, 2010
For refund queries, please contact us at 1-877-693-1919 or refund@swgloballlc.com[quote][/quote]

I copied that from the site and I don't work from them FYI please.
Re: What Happens To Nigerians In Diaspora Without E-passport After Deadline? by teeboyseve(m): 10:37pm On Jan 07, 2011
Here in UK payments don't expire, have paid for mine since 2009 Sept and i still havnt got time to go for the appointment. I dont know abt the US.
Re: What Happens To Nigerians In Diaspora Without E-passport After Deadline? by Bossman(m): 8:52pm On Jan 12, 2011
Good to know this has been extended. I am in Chicago myself. I know the embassy folks have been here a couple of times, to setup shop. However, I was not around on both occasions. I will be in Naija in March. So I plan to get it then.
Re: What Happens To Nigerians In Diaspora Without E-passport After Deadline? by Ebuziem(m): 12:45pm On Feb 12, 2011
Thank you, Bash673
Re: What Happens To Nigerians In Diaspora Without E-passport After Deadline? by manmustwac(m): 8:54pm On Feb 13, 2011
i filled in the application form for the new nigerian passport online. Now when i read my email it says thanks for successful submission of your application for NIS Passport that my passport will be eligble for further processing only payment but it dosen't tell me how to go about making my payment. Can somebody please help me?
Re: What Happens To Nigerians In Diaspora Without E-passport After Deadline? by Jaguar2(m): 8:54am On Feb 14, 2011
manmustwac:
my passport will be eligble for further processing only payment but it dosen't tell me how to go about making my payment. Can somebody please help me?
Here you go- NIS website https://portal.immigration.gov.ng/index.htm or specifically https://portal.immigration.gov.ng/?p=passportguidelines
Re: What Happens To Nigerians In Diaspora Without E-passport After Deadline? by LepaTohBad: 3:02pm On Mar 26, 2011
But what happens if i don't get the e-passport by april 30 though? will i still be able to get it at a later time in the US?
Re: What Happens To Nigerians In Diaspora Without E-passport After Deadline? by stepitup(f): 7:16pm On May 26, 2011
manmustwac:

i filled in the application form for the new nigerian passport online. Now when i read my email it says thanks for successful submission of your application for NIS Passport that my passport will be eligble for further processing only payment but it dosen't tell me how to go about making my payment. Can somebody please help me?

You can find step by step information on http://billionairesdaughter..com/2010/10/how-to-really-get-nigerian-passport-at.html
it is really helpful.

(1) (Reply)

Gotten A New Job In Vietnam / Man U Fan Crushed 2 Death In Accident 2day,His Intestines Spill Out(Graphic Pics / 20yr Old British-nigerian Visiting Naija For The First Time:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.