Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,816 members, 7,802,619 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:30 PM

Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! (24760 Views)

Nigeria Needs To Devaluate Naira, Ease Dollar Restrictions- Sanusi / Nigeria Needs President Buhari As Minister Of Defence, Not Petroleum / Buhari To Split NNPC Into Two…plans Fresh Bid Round For Oil Blocks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Go Down)

Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by Justcash(m): 1:29am On Dec 26, 2010
[b]Is it not obvious that the so called "Nigerians" Cannot live in one country? How long will Nigerians keep swallowing and taking unnecessary deaths, extreme inefficiencies and constant disgrace?!
Why should "Nigerian" Moslems Kill "Nigerian" Christians?
If we split;
1. These religious killings will stop.
2. All these zoning nonsense will cease.
3. The advantages of homogeneity will be experienced.
4. The North will develop at their own pace, and not keep pulling the other parts of Nigeria back in order to catch up.
5. There will be more freedom of religious practice, Boko haram and Sharia can reign without any cry of foul play.
6. It will then become understandable if Churches are then regulated or banned, and pastors attacked, especially if they are foreigners.
7. These federal character issues that gives advantage to ethnicity than quality will end.
8. Each part of the "Split Nigeria" Can take advantage of their areas of competence, e.g North can export Agricultural products, South can have their oil (Thereby ending MEND) etc
9. People will be closer to their leaders and make their impacts more felt. (Unlike now that their leaders are protected by a set of idiotic politicians in a distant land called ABUJA)
10. Developments in component split nations can generate competition and motivate other nations to develop.

For the proponents of "One Nigeria", Please tell me one reason why we must stay as one?[/b]
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by Nobody: 1:31am On Dec 26, 2010
Yes oh.

Plz, you guys should do what you did in the 1966. Revolutianez Whur!!
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by Justcash(m): 1:37am On Dec 26, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Yes oh.

Plz, you guys should do what you did in the 1966. Revolutianez Whur!!

Please do clarify what you mean by "You guys" and "Revolutianez Whur"

Just for your info, this is not about an ethnic group, it is about a farce called "Nigeria". I hope you don't mean what I think, because it will be most unfortunate and tribalistic of you.
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by Nobody: 1:39am On Dec 26, 2010
Justcash:

Please do clarify what you mean by "You guys" and "Revolutianez Whur"

Just for your info, this is not about an ethnic group, it is about a farce called "Nigeria". I hope you don't mean what I think, because it will be most unfortunate and tribalistic of you.

Very very unfortunate.

Nigeria needs to split, fact. And it will, in 2015. Just a little patience.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by Dsense(m): 1:48am On Dec 26, 2010
No splitting angry
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by Justcash(m): 2:14am On Dec 26, 2010
D-sense:

No splitting angry

If you take a second look at your comment, you will see how senseless you look. You just exhibited the reason why Nigeria will continue to wallow in eternal disgrace. You said No splitting, yet without reason on why you think so.
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by Dsense(m): 2:16am On Dec 26, 2010
I don't do it with morons like you . . . .nor would place any reason ''Ragtag'' angry
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by Justcash(m): 2:21am On Dec 26, 2010
D-sense:

I don't do it with morons like you . . . .nor would place any reason ''Retardded'' angry

As if you have a reason. You are simply a blind goat being led like a hypnotized I'DIO"T to a slaughter slab. It is left for you to figure out between I and you who is really a slowpoke. Nincompoop.
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by Dsense(m): 2:23am On Dec 26, 2010
Thank you . . .Now you should feel alright.
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by lagbaja20: 2:27am On Dec 26, 2010
Very irrational of the OP

If Nigeria splits now, none of the smaller groups would survive

First we need to convene a SNC

Lets decide on how we want to relate with each other and then afterwards a referendum to gauge our intent and seriousness at going our different ways

And, then after then we can begin to work on how to go our separate ways.
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by Obiagu1(m): 2:30am On Dec 26, 2010
North and South divide is the best option. I've come to realize we can deal with the Yorubas, whatever to bring to the table cool
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by Osama10(m): 2:31am On Dec 26, 2010
Justcash:

[b]Is it not obvious that the so called "Nigerians" Cannot live in one country? How long will Nigerians keep swallowing and taking unnecessary deaths, extreme inefficiencies and constant disgrace?!
Why should "Nigerian" Moslem's Kill "Nigerian" Christians?
If we split;
1. These religious killings will stop.
2. All these zoning nonsense will cease.
3. The advantages of homogeneity will be experienced.
4. The North will develop at their own pace, and not keep pulling the other parts of Nigeria back in order to catch up.
5. There will be more freedom of religious practice, Boko haram and Sharia can reign without any cry of foul play.
6. It will then become understandable if Churches are then regulated or banned, and pastors attacked, especially if they are foreigners.
7. These federal character issues that gives advantage to ethnicity than quality will end.
8. Each part of the "Split Nigeria" Can take advantage of their areas of competence, e.g North can export Agricultural products, South can have their oil (Thereby ending MEND) etc
9. People will be closer to their leaders and make their impacts more felt. (Unlike now that their leaders are protected by a set of idiotic politicians in a distant land called ABUJA)
10. Developments in component split nations can generate competition and motivate other nations to develop.

For the proponents of "One Nigeria", Please tell me one reason why we must stay as one?[/b]

I concur with you, we all know we are deceiving ourselves of one Nigeria.I know its just a matter of time it would definitely happen.
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by Justcash(m): 2:34am On Dec 26, 2010
lagbaja20:

Very irrational of the OP

If Nigeria splits now, none of the smaller groups would survive

First we need to convene a SNC

Lets decide on how we want to relate with each other and then afterwards a referendum to gauge our intent and seriousness at going our different ways

And, then after then we can begin to work on how to go our separate ways.

You said that I was being irrational, yet advocated for an SNC.
Who told you that none of the smaller groups would survive?
An SNC is a good idea, it will still lead to Nigeria splitting, which is why it is being avoided. It is what Nigeria needs, and what I am advocating for.
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by lagbaja20: 2:34am On Dec 26, 2010
Obiagu1:

North and South divide is the best option. I've come to realize we can deal with the Yorubas, whatever to bring to the table  cool

I am not sure if I, or any other Yoruba, would be willing to deal with the Ibos,  but one thing though, Yorubas need the SS, just as how they need us. And I think any cooperation with the SS would be good for the Yoruba race, and vice-versa; after all, we have shared history and, to some extent, shared culture and interests
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by olaolabiy: 2:36am On Dec 26, 2010
lagbaja20:

I am not sure if I, or any other Yoruba, would be willing to deal with the Ibos, but one thing though, Yorubas need the SS, just as how they need us. And I think any cooperation with the SS would be good for the Yoruba race, and vice-versa; after all, we have shared history and, to some extent, shared culture and interests

Erm. . . . erm. . . Stranger?
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by lagbaja20: 2:37am On Dec 26, 2010
Justcash:

You said that I was being irrational, yet advocated for an SNC.
Who told you that none of the smaller groups would survive?
An SNC is a good idea, it will still lead to Nigeria splitting, which is why it is being avoided. It is what Nigeria needs, and what I am advocating for.

My point is in your use of the world Now
Breaking up in 2015 would spell doom for all involved

We will be unready to deal with the aftermath
A gradual approach is better; hence a need for SNC ASAP.

Yeah, SNC would eventually lead to a split, but the conditions and preparation would lead to a more favorable situation after the split
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by Osama10(m): 2:38am On Dec 26, 2010
We can divide it into 4, what do you guys think?
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by Dsense(m): 2:41am On Dec 26, 2010
^^^Get a knife to divide it angry
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by Obiagu1(m): 2:41am On Dec 26, 2010
lagbaja20:

I am not sure if I, or any other Yoruba, would be willing to deal with the Ibos,  but one thing though, Yorubas need the SS, just as how they need us. And I think any cooperation with the SS would be good for the Yoruba race, and vice-versa; after all, we have shared history and, to some extent, shared culture and interests

Do you want to steal the Igbo in the SS too?
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by Nonilizing: 2:45am On Dec 26, 2010
It didnt work with the Biafran war, would it work now The only reason that i cocncur with this splitting thing is the unecessary killing sprees these hausa people decide to go on, BTW the whole yoruba Vs Igbo thing on a normal basis is due to sheer stupidity and ignorance, Am not going to take sides right now but some people need to realize where other people are coming from and just shut up and listen  kiss
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by lagbaja20: 2:49am On Dec 26, 2010
Osama10:

We can divide it into 4, what do you guys think?

Easier said that done

There are more than 4 groups in the country

And, each group would like to be the master of her own destiny, that is why any attempt to hurriedly split would lead to chaos and bloodshed. There are so many things we need to Iron out. For starters, land issue vis a vis boundary is a sensitive issue that would need careful deliberation or else we would go our different ways, yet forever embroiled in conflict!
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by lagbaja20: 2:54am On Dec 26, 2010
Obiagu1:

Do you want to steal the Igbo in the SS too?

No

My point is that the SS does not need the Igbos, let them all go back to the SE if they want. I really dont care what they do with their life. If they want to stay fine
But a potential cooperation between southern Nigeria do need a huge population of disgruntled and resentful Igbo population. It is better they go their separate way. The SS do not want them and the SW can do without them. So let them go their way, and the rest of what was previously known as southern Nigeria can stay together and fashion out what may be the first black superpower.
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by matazzmagi(m): 2:57am On Dec 26, 2010
Nothing can be further from the fact these are incrementalist repetitions of Nigeria's failed state status. Nigeria 2010 is 14th in World's Failed State Index in 2010 only two steps above Ivory Coast (12th) and Kenya (13th). Nigeria is one,  of the deadliest coutries in our contemporary world and yet, brutal force and conspiratorial propaganda everywhere has been effectively eployed to conceal and/or under represent the scale of genocidal occurences that usually preceedes the final stage of state mortality.
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by Obiagu1(m): 3:01am On Dec 26, 2010
lagbaja20:

No

My point is that the SS does not need the Igbos, let them all go back to the SE if they want. I really dont care what they do with their life. If they want to stay fine
But a potential cooperation between southern Nigeria do need a huge population of disgruntled and resentful Igbo population. It is better they go their separate way. The SS do not want them and the SW can do without them. So let them go their way, and the rest of what was previously known as southern Nigeria can stay together and fashion out what may be the first black superpower.

. . . and who told you the SS wants the SW  No be from Western region Mid-west run comot?
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by Faeb: 3:09am On Dec 26, 2010
lagbaja20:

I am not sure if I, or any other Yoruba, would be willing to deal with the Ibos,  but one thing though, Yorubas need the SS, just as how they need us. And I think any cooperation with the SS would be good for the Yoruba race, and vice-versa; after all, we have shared history and, to some extent, shared culture and interests

Stop it abeg!
You don't need us and we don't need you. Nobody needs anybody and everybody can survive on their own if need be, we need to be confident in our abilities to weather any storm.

By the way, what culture and history does the SW share with Akwa Ibom, Rivers, Bayelsa and 90% of Delta state?

I'm not saying there can't be synergy, but there certainly isn't a "need."
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by jason123: 3:10am On Dec 26, 2010
@ lagbaja20

Man, you are funny! What makes you think the WHOLE of SS would go with the west? In as much as I am spectical of the igbos because of their hate, I would rather prefer SN or a three way split of the SN. Not sure where the itsekiri stands but I would rather go with yorubas than to start fighting the ijaws. undecided.
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by jason123: 3:12am On Dec 26, 2010
Faeb:

Stop it abeg!
You don't need us and we don't need you. Nobody needs anybody and everybody can survive on their own if need be, we need to be confident in our abilities to weather any storm.

By the way, what culture and history does the SW share with Akwa Ibom, Rivers, Bayelsa and 90% of Delta state?

Well said! But these ijaws people sef! lipsrsealed grin
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by Obiagu1(m): 3:12am On Dec 26, 2010
Faeb:

Stop it abeg!

Walahi, that was too blunt  cheesy
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by matazzmagi(m): 3:13am On Dec 26, 2010
@lagbaja are you ok?ss will never go with yorubas, rivers, cross rivers, delta state have different groups and the majority of people their are igbos or delts igbos as they say, ibibios efik okoja ikwere all these groups dont have any connections with the southwest. May be some part of mid west which not all of them will join after what awolowo did to them they can see the DEVIL from a million mile!!!!
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by jason123: 3:16am On Dec 26, 2010
Guys, the SS is a mixture of different ethnic groups. The yorubas or igbos cannot claim it. It's best if we all respect eachother and work together!
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by Obiagu1(m): 3:25am On Dec 26, 2010
I've looked at 9ja critically and I've realized the Igbos stand to gain more in a bigger nation as the nation moves towards stability and better instruments in place to curb corruption. With the incessant killings in the North, the North should go.

The South? Bring it on!
Re: Nigeria Needs To Split Urgently! by lagbaja20: 3:50am On Dec 26, 2010
Obiagu1:

. . . and who told you the SS wants the SW  No be from Western region Mid-west run comot?

That is too strong a word;IMO, very stupit analogy
The midwest was created to ensure a more equitable share of the national cake. Its like saying Ebonyi ran away from Enugu

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20)

Tinubu Appoints Tajudeen Datti-Ahmed — Executive Director, Others On MOFI Board / Man Slams Ogun Government For Going To Watch Antony Joshua’s Fight / Angry Youths Protest Bad Roads In Sango Ota, Ogun State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.