Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,935 members, 7,806,709 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:27 PM

Hausa In Houston, Texas - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Hausa In Houston, Texas (3504 Views)

Learn How To Speak Hausa Here / Learn How To Speak Hausa In A Week / Nairaland Official Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba Dictionary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hausa In Houston, Texas by pawpawsir: 5:02am On Dec 26, 2010
Were are my Hausa peeps. I have looked around and can't find any of them. If you are an Hausa, please reply
Re: Hausa In Houston, Texas by namfav(m): 1:33pm On May 10, 2011
try new york and boston, i know alot of hausa there you wont be disappointed, in houston you will only come across mostly yoruba and ibos
Re: Hausa In Houston, Texas by InkedNerd(f): 6:43pm On May 10, 2011
Hausa's in New York? Where do they hang out? I have NEVER come across a someone who was Hausa. In fact, it wasn't up until last month that my sister met a Fulani guy from another high school here in New York. I see Ibo's and Yoruba's left and right but I have yet to meet or see someone who is Fulani let alone Hausa. A while ago, I asked my mom why Northerners don't travel too much and why I don't see too many of them around.
Re: Hausa In Houston, Texas by namfav(m): 7:14pm On May 10, 2011
i met alot of hausa (maybe 4 or 5 individuals) from nigeria when i was at a wedding in new york, including 2 fulani but many fulani were from other countries (moostly senegambia and guinea)
Re: Hausa In Houston, Texas by InkedNerd(f): 1:15pm On May 11, 2011
Interesting. Seems like there are more Fulani's and Hausa's in the UK than in the US.
Re: Hausa In Houston, Texas by Sweetnecta: 2:26pm On May 11, 2011
go to mosques in the bronx, brooklyn and manhattan.

thee are many hausas from nigeria in these places.

even many born in the states.
Re: Hausa In Houston, Texas by InkedNerd(f): 3:00pm On May 11, 2011
Hmmm, there's a mosque I pass by all the time on Atlantic Avenue and I see black people there but the ones I've run into there were usually akata's who converted to Islam. There was this one man I spoke to briefly in a store who was African but I never got to ask him where he was from. I'm pretty sure he was Senegalese though. When the weather gets a bit warmer, I'll drop by the store again again and strike a convo with him.
Re: Hausa In Houston, Texas by lepasharon(f): 4:13pm On May 12, 2011
i have nevaaaaa eveeer seen a HAusa in uk i think its cause of their culture dey stick together alot u kno dey r muslims and mostly very traditional dey tend 2 be contented with wat dey have so what is a hausa lookin 4 in Obodo?
Re: Hausa In Houston, Texas by TeeJay6(m): 4:14pm On May 12, 2011
lepasharon:

i have nevaaaaa eveeer seen a HAusa in uk i think its cause of their culture dey stick together alot u kno dey r muslims and mostly very traditional dey tend 2 be contented with wat dey have so what is a hausa lookin 4 in Obodo?
ITS A lie oooo, i'm hausa and i live in uk

1 Like

Re: Hausa In Houston, Texas by Sweetnecta: 4:03am On May 14, 2011
@inked nerd; go to fulton and rogers turning to bedford. ask for sheikh yusuf, sheikh ilyas for starter.
Re: Hausa In Houston, Texas by InkedNerd(f): 6:24am On May 15, 2011
Sweetnecta:

@inked nerd; go to fulton and rogers turning to bedford. ask for sheikh yusuf, sheikh ilyas for starter.

Oh wow, I was just around that area on Thursday cheesy. Do you know Sheik Yusuf and Sheik Ilyas?
Re: Hausa In Houston, Texas by Sweetnecta: 11:01pm On May 16, 2011
both of them are friends. good people.

i used to live in that part.

if you are going along with the traffic, and you just cross atlantic on bedford heading to fulton, when you just pass herkimer on your right, the first islamic shop you will see is own by a hausa man.

thats before you get to the bargain hunters on the same side. the mosque is just right there if you turn towards facing franklin.

now, bronx is a great reservoir of hausas. they have at least two mosques.

of course the diplomats are in manhattan.
Re: Hausa In Houston, Texas by aloyemeka1: 11:13pm On May 16, 2011
Sweetnecta:

if you are going along with the traffic, and you just cross atlantic on bedford heading to fulton, when you just pass herkimer on your right, the first islamic shop you will see is own by a hausa man.

thats before you get to the bargain hunters on the same side. the mosque is just right there if you turn towards facing franklin.

What are they doing with 2 mosques when people are abandoning Islam in drones?
Re: Hausa In Houston, Texas by PhysicsMHD(m): 11:41pm On May 16, 2011
Sweetnecta:

??

Re: Hausa In Houston, Texas by DaRapture: 12:25am On May 17, 2011
I live a few houses down from a nice Hausa girl who's married to this very nice AA Muslim doctor, she's a doctor as well. They're both Muslim but neither of them or their kids wear all of that Muslim garb.
Re: Hausa In Houston, Texas by InkedNerd(f): 3:07am On May 17, 2011
Sweetnecta:

Thanks for the info. Hmmmm, passed I wouldn't be surprised if I've run into them before. My former high school is along Atlantic so I used to talk to some of the merchants in the stored in the area smiley
Re: Hausa In Houston, Texas by Paulpenny(m): 10:21pm On Jul 08, 2016
grin grin grin
Re: Hausa In Houston, Texas by OmoIgala: 10:39pm On Jul 08, 2016
grin grin
Re: Hausa In Houston, Texas by Bigchee72: 4:43am On Jul 09, 2016
InkedNerd:
Hausa's in New York? Where do they hang out? I have NEVER come across a someone who was Hausa. In fact, it wasn't up until last month that my sister met a Fulani guy from another high school here in New York. I see Ibo's and Yoruba's left and right but I have yet to meet or see someone who is Fulani let alone Hausa. A while ago, I asked my mom why Northerners don't travel too much and why I don't see too many of them around.

I saw a Fulani guy in Brooklyn last week. Was a first for me in years though.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Yoruba once dwell in Egypt / Meet Kogi Twins Who Married One Wife / Translation Of Sugar In Igbo.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.