Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,871 members, 7,802,805 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:02 PM

After Being Scammed, Can You Retrieve Your Lost Money Through Bank? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / After Being Scammed, Can You Retrieve Your Lost Money Through Bank? (26121 Views)

Delay In Clearing My Cars At Lagos Port...am I Being Scammed? / How Do You Retrieve Your Money From A Debtor.... / How Do You Retrieve Your Money From A Serial Onigbese? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

After Being Scammed, Can You Retrieve Your Lost Money Through Bank? by codjileo07(m): 1:26am On Dec 28, 2010
After payin money into an acct and U later notice dt U're already been scammed can U stil gt ur money back thru the bank?.

3 Likes

Re: After Being Scammed, Can You Retrieve Your Lost Money Through Bank? by femmy2010(m): 6:23pm On Dec 30, 2010
It is almost impossible.
Re: After Being Scammed, Can You Retrieve Your Lost Money Through Bank? by nwangap(f): 8:20am On Jan 01, 2011
i don't think that is possible.
Re: After Being Scammed, Can You Retrieve Your Lost Money Through Bank? by Nobody: 2:25pm On Jan 01, 2011
It is possible but the delay between police and court might frustrate you. If you need information regarding the process I could put you in the right direction. The best practice is just to be careful so you don't fall victim and if you do and its a "small amount" just forget it because you will probably spend more during the case and investigation.
Re: After Being Scammed, Can You Retrieve Your Lost Money Through Bank? by codjileo07(m): 1:14am On Jan 05, 2011
I really need U to put me thru & if U think 60,000.00 is a small money & it's nt worth it still enlighten me cos no knowledge is lost,I might need it to help a friend, Thanks in anticipation!.
Re: After Being Scammed, Can You Retrieve Your Lost Money Through Bank? by youngint: 12:57pm On Jan 15, 2011
TOTALLY POSSIBLE!

Get EFCC Involved and you know that anything is Possible.
Re: After Being Scammed, Can You Retrieve Your Lost Money Through Bank? by EMSA(m): 1:42pm On Jan 15, 2011
Umm!! This is a topic of great interest to me. I was a Victim in my own case I was swindled of my #50000 by a scammer who claimed to be a PA to custom comptroller.
He put up an advert in PUNCH newspaper that he has cars for sale, Summarily, he changed the story to that of seized cars by the custom up for grab through allocation. For you to be allocated one at all you need to pay into his UBA account #60000, although I negotiated 50k with him.
I WILL TELL YOU MORE LATER, !Still nursing the pains angry
Re: After Being Scammed, Can You Retrieve Your Lost Money Through Bank? by codjileo07(m): 5:50pm On Jan 16, 2011
How do I go abt involvin the EFCC,pls someone shuld put me thru?.
Re: After Being Scammed, Can You Retrieve Your Lost Money Through Bank? by nekyluch(f): 11:58am On Jan 26, 2011
Yes you can if the fund is still in the account , You have to make a police report and get a court order mandating the bank to release the fund to you.It is not difficult as it appears.I have seen some couple of customers that got swindlled by scammers and they got back their money within one week.

1 Like

Re: After Being Scammed, Can You Retrieve Your Lost Money Through Bank? by DEGr8t(m): 5:31pm On Jan 26, 2011
Just register and get ur 3dolls in nigeria acc/ [link=http:///3dollar-payout] after ur first registeration, rush now limited space is available now
Re: After Being Scammed, Can You Retrieve Your Lost Money Through Bank? by agenta999(f): 9:02pm On Jan 31, 2011
this EFCC is very dull especially in non-political case, which they perceive less profit. nigeria is a mess.
the nigerian embassy in rome has now embark in massive scamm since 8 months ago. scaming all nigerians in italy and all attempt to stop them prove abortive, we have written to EFCC,the embassador, the ministry of foreign affairs and also a peacefull protest, but yet no result could be achieved.

1 Like

Re: After Being Scammed, Can You Retrieve Your Lost Money Through Bank? by Ikandmc(f): 6:44am On Feb 25, 2011
Most of the banks are good about going after scams. I had that problem where I was scammed and my bank went after the money I lost. You just have to contact your bank asap you discovered that you were scammed and they will refund your money and start a dispute with the "person" that scammed your acct. But if you wait too long they may not help you.
Re: After Being Scammed, Can You Retrieve Your Lost Money Through Bank? by edimalo(m): 12:00pm On Feb 28, 2011
you can make  legitimate money online
endless possibilities to making money in nigeria.
www.make-money-online.com.ng
Re: After Being Scammed, Can You Retrieve Your Lost Money Through Bank? by anyiway(m): 6:23pm On Mar 01, 2011
You can get it back if you move fast. I recovered mine 85%.
Re: After Being Scammed, Can You Retrieve Your Lost Money Through Bank? by mikus24: 11:45am On Mar 02, 2011
I think it depends on your relationship with the bank. I know someone who had a good rapport with the bank, he just reported to the manager who is his friend and the manager flagged the account. When the guy went to withdraw in Ikoyi, he was arrested and the guy went to lagos and picked him up with police, on normal basis, I don't think it's possible except with court order.
Re: After Being Scammed, Can You Retrieve Your Lost Money Through Bank? by 9jareports: 12:29pm On Mar 02, 2011
BEWARE OF SKYE BANK
SKYE BANK NIGERIA FRAUD

ONE of the customers of Skye Bank Plc, Prince Adeniyi Daini, has instituted an action at the Lagos High Court, Ikeja, against the bank over alleged undervalue sales of his 40,000 units of Zenith Bank Plc. Consequently, in his claims, Prince Daini prayed the court to order the bank to pay him the sum of N160, 000, being balance of 40,000 units of Zenith bank shares at N66.50 per unit which was the original price at which he authorised the bank to sell the shares in order to liquidate the overdraft facility granted him by the bank.

Furthermore, he claims against the bank, the sum of N666, 000 being the total sum of the unauthorised 10,000 units of Zenith Bank shares sold by the bank, while also seeking an order of the court compelling the bank to release his Wema Bank 50,000 units of shares certificate and FCMB 20,000 units of the shares certificate all of which are in the custody of Skye Bank.

The Skye bank customer submitted that at all material time to the filing of the suit against the bank, he was and still a customer of the bank, having an account with the bank’s branch at Murtala Mohammed International Airport, Ikeja.
According to him, in conformity with business ethics and practice, he took it upon himself to personally visit and inquire about the unauthorised act of the bank and was disappointed when the management of Skye Bank in an attempt to justify their action, came up with an excuse that they could not sell the share at the instructed period and price because of a problem at the Security and Exchange Commission(SEC).

http://businessworldng.com/web/articles/854/1/Customer-Sues-Skye-Bank-over-Sale-of-Shares/Page1.html
Re: After Being Scammed, Can You Retrieve Your Lost Money Through Bank? by scemchee(m): 1:41pm On Mar 21, 2011
@ It is very possible. it is called call back of funds.
Re: After Being Scammed, Can You Retrieve Your Lost Money Through Bank? by dipotech: 12:42pm On Apr 06, 2011
@codjileo07

please kindly give the clues into this mailbox dipotech@yahoo.com
thank u

1 Like

Re: After Being Scammed, Can You Retrieve Your Lost Money Through Bank? by boneyone(m): 6:05pm On Apr 07, 2011
70% of the time people get their money, as someone said its about timing, once you notice the scam take it up with your bank,
Re: After Being Scammed, Can You Retrieve Your Lost Money Through Bank? by dipotech: 10:36am On Apr 11, 2011
Thank you. I have already met with my bank but no show yet.
Re: After Being Scammed, Can You Retrieve Your Lost Money Through Bank? by 3RNEST(m): 7:06am On Apr 23, 2011
>@OP, in this case, possibility exist wen u have close relationship with the bank but i dont think u can get ur money wen transfer has already been made some days ago, only urgent cases, aleast the bank can help track down the fraudster, damn i hate dem with passion.

1 Like

Re: After Being Scammed, Can You Retrieve Your Lost Money Through Bank? by oluyale(m): 1:04am On Apr 27, 2011
u can get your money bank, but not immediately.

You will provide an evidence of payment into the Account, write a letter to the Bank stressing that there is an Account being used for fraudulent Transactions, provide other evidences you have.

The fraudster will be apprehended the next time he comes into that Bank, If you follow up, You will have your money back.
Re: After Being Scammed, Can You Retrieve Your Lost Money Through Bank? by TheBuilder: 4:35pm On May 26, 2011
Immediately you notice you have been swindled, the following steps should be taken:
1. Go to the swindler's Bank to lodge your complaints in writing requesting. If the money has not been withdrawn, the Bank can assist you by placing withdrawal restriction on the account. That will make the process of recovery easier. It becomes messier however if the fund has been withdrawn by the fraudster.
2. Report the matter to the police. (I want to believe it is an enforceable deal)
3. If the withdrawal restriction has not been placed earlier as stated in '1' above, the police can give that instruction. The police can also provide you clues on how to entrap the fraudster so that your money can be retrieved once arrested.
4. Another option is to obtain court order using police investigation report directing the Bank to transfer the balance in the fraudster's account to the court. This is to enable you get refunded. But that is if there is fund in the account. Experience have shown that fraudsters hardly leave money in accounts they use to defraud the unsuspecting public.
5. Finally, investigation by the EFCC or the Police of cases like this usually involve asking Banks to provide KYC documents on such documents. Where the Bank does not have these documents, chances are that the Bank itself may become liable for negligent but not for the fraud.
Please ask any questions if you are still unclear about these explanations.
The only antidote to frauds of this nature is to avoid deals that appear too good to be true or businesses that you cannot come out to share or deals that you can not enforce in case of betrayal.

2 Likes

Re: After Being Scammed, Can You Retrieve Your Lost Money Through Bank? by Nobody: 10:07am On Sep 05, 2012
Its possible, it all starts with the banks willingness to fight on your behalf
Re: After Being Scammed, Can You Retrieve Your Lost Money Through Bank? by luthorcorp: 9:24am On Jul 22, 2015
time wasting is one keep factor that makes it impossible....but if no time is wasted, you are sure to get your cash back but banks normally takes cash less than 30k less serious
Re: After Being Scammed, Can You Retrieve Your Lost Money Through Bank? by oksma: 5:55pm On Apr 26, 2016
Pls people, I had a deal with a woman in Dubai. A friend intoduced me to someone she helped get a work visa. I got in contact with that person and he confirmed that the woman assisted him to work in Dubai as he's presently doing. So to get me registered with Dubai Health Authority, as I am a healthcare professional will entail sending my transcript, license and registration from Nigeria to her in Dubai and a payment of 110, 000 naira. The payment was made through a Nigerian bank account of which she said they use to remit money to Dubai. After payment, I scanned a copy of the teller to her and she later acknowledged receipt of payment. She then told me that the process had begun. This was happening in late 2014. She kept correspondence with me until mid 2015 when she stoppes communicating me. If I send her an email, she wouldn't reply, so to cut the story short, I contacted the other guy who said that she helped him and he was feeding me with the goings on. I wondered why the woman suddenly stopped communicating me. So recently, the guy told me that I should ask for a refund from the woman. I became apprehensive and ofcourse I know that she doesn't reply my mails. I wrote her once more but to no avail. So pls can I get my money back by making a case with the local bank through which the money was paid? Pls I need your help. Thanks
Re: After Being Scammed, Can You Retrieve Your Lost Money Through Bank? by Cindymaris(f): 11:23am On Apr 27, 2019
Vivian Onahi Ogor and Elizabeth Oluwaseun Afuape with access account number
Mrs Elizabeth oluwaseun 0732049203 access bank.is are both scammers and fraudsters. Becarefull of them

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dangote Oil Refinery Poses Threat To European Plants / Affiliate Marketing: They Are Taking Advantage Of Multi-billion Dollar Industry / 25 Hot-in-demand Non-oil Products To Export From Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.