Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,784 members, 7,802,435 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:23 PM

Youtube Cancels Top Nollywood Movie Channels. - TV/Movies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Youtube Cancels Top Nollywood Movie Channels. (16296 Views)

Nollywood Movie Awards Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Youtube Cancels Top Nollywood Movie Channels. by Nobody: 5:55pm On Dec 29, 2010
^^exactly same in the Caribbean. In Jamaica and Jamaican household abroad that I have been to, ALL of them have boxes/selves loads of Nollywood movies (and movies from other African countries movies as well). Production is one thing but we love the drama and the story lines wink
Re: Youtube Cancels Top Nollywood Movie Channels. by emofine(f): 6:24pm On Dec 29, 2010
LOL ahhh well thank goodness I've weened myself off Nollywood for 2 years now.
Ah ah but wetin man go do for free cheap comic relief - I know, how about we form our own acting for Nairaland tongue
Re: Youtube Cancels Top Nollywood Movie Channels. by lagbaja20: 6:57pm On Dec 29, 2010
MzDarkSkin:

^^exactly same in the Caribbean. In Jamaica and Jamaican household abroad that I have been to, ALL of them have boxes/selves loads of Nollywood movies (and movies from other African countries movies as well). Production is one thing but we love the drama and the story lines wink

Ofcourse.

But the producers would prefer that you and your people do not watch them.

Beasts of no origin!
Re: Youtube Cancels Top Nollywood Movie Channels. by Nobody: 7:00pm On Dec 29, 2010
Whatz up with the siggy?
Re: Youtube Cancels Top Nollywood Movie Channels. by GeorgeD1(m): 7:01pm On Dec 29, 2010
if you like the movies, please pay for them and watch legitimately. i think that's fair enough.
Re: Youtube Cancels Top Nollywood Movie Channels. by MP007(m): 7:01pm On Dec 29, 2010
wait I think some people in here are getting the wrong impression here. WE should pay for some of these movies no doubt, but what about movies like tolowanile, owo blow, shouldnt there be a "cut off year", i mean, you dont expect me to pay to watch ISAKABA and full moon , do you?

and wait, this is harsh but i just watched the tourist and tron free online, if man no pay those quality films , why u think say him go pay for nollywood grin grin grin grin grin

what abt my friend that li8ves in alaska, have mercy now, no african store for palin world, darn it!
Re: Youtube Cancels Top Nollywood Movie Channels. by manny4life(m): 7:13pm On Dec 29, 2010
I noticed, I was pissed when I realised that koolchiccos channel was cancelled and then I looked at my other five subscription only to find that it was deleted. What a shame sad sad sad
Re: Youtube Cancels Top Nollywood Movie Channels. by emofine(f): 8:20pm On Dec 29, 2010
MP007:

wait I think some people in here are getting the wrong impression here. WE should pay for some of these movies no doubt, but what about movies like tolowanile, owo blow, shouldnt there be a "cut off year", i mean, you dont expect me to pay to watch ISAKABA and full moon , do you?

and wait, this is harsh but i just watched the tourist and tron free online, if man no pay those quality films , why u think say him go pay for nollywood grin grin grin grin grin

what abt my friend that li8ves in alaska, have mercy now, no african store for palin world, darn it!

Since I've grown wings where Nollywood is concerned bia biko my eyes are ready to see quality films nah
Abeg which site do I go on to watch 'The Tourist'?
I hope say dem do free ones also, quality or not I no fi pay
Re: Youtube Cancels Top Nollywood Movie Channels. by Nobody: 10:12pm On Dec 29, 2010
danteweb:

Anyways, back to the topic, I think its rather silly for people to abuse nollywood films as substandard and then carry their big heads to watch it. Why watch it if you're so sure its rubbish. To make matters worse, you now start screaming when you are denied access to watch these so called rubbish films.

I will watch it until i will be able to confirm that they are ready to receive my "contribution", until then i will stay on the sideline and monitor Nolly's progress. just like the stock market, investing in a share TOO soon will have you fail but you gladly check its progress until the time is right for you to buy. expecting everyone related to Nigeria to vouch and stand by anything Nigerian just because its homemade is not only silly but also childish. i believe in QUALITY regardless of it being Nigerian or not. when they show me quality, i will stand by it.

Its also interesting to note that most people screaming now are people in diaspora. You dont want to pay for the films, you would rather watch them for free. As if that were not enough, you open your big mouths to rubbish the industry. To crown it all up, you now start screaming at the slightest stoppage of your theft of these poor peoples copyrighted work.

i have absolutely no problems in having these cheap youtube accounts closed. good riddance to bad rubbish!
so are you saying that i shouldnt check whats going on in Nollywood simply because i am not ready to watch garbage?! its called monitoring. i am not watching it for watching sake i simply check to see when they will get their act together.
by the way, isnt the industry rubbish to begin with?! my words wont affect something that is already garbage!

Why don't you come back to Nigeria and see how easy it is to live in and make money. So much stuff to contend with. Poor power, no security, delapitated ammenities, bad/inexistent legislation, lack of marketing networks and to make matters worse thieves like you guys in diaspora.

so you do agree that what is produced everyday is rubbish then?!
selling a bad product and blaming it on the infrastructures of the country is brainless. if movies can be made then GOOD movie could also be made. blaming the poor quality of Nollywood on the infrastructures/bad maketting or security is a cheap shot!

as i repeat www.youtube.com/nollywoodlove has all the latest Nollywood movies on youtube so who cares if the others are closed!
Re: Youtube Cancels Top Nollywood Movie Channels. by treylaw: 1:02am On Dec 30, 2010
MRbrownJAY:

as i repeat www.youtube.com/nollywoodlove [/b]has all the latest Nollywood movies on youtube so who cares if the others are closed!

It was [b]NollywoodLove aka Iroko Partners
that had Youtube close down other channels, so i doubt people would wanna patronize his channel !
Re: Youtube Cancels Top Nollywood Movie Channels. by PTBNaija(f): 2:29am On Dec 30, 2010
I was really upset when I found out they were closed too! Especially when I was half-way through one! It sucks because not everyone has access to these movies, nor have they heard of them. Youtube was a way for me to learn about new movies and buy the ones I wanted.
Re: Youtube Cancels Top Nollywood Movie Channels. by manny4life(m): 4:59am On Dec 30, 2010
PTBNaija:

I was really upset when I found out they were closed too! Especially when I was half-way through one! It sucks because not everyone has access to these movies, nor have they heard of them. Youtube was a way for me to learn about new movies and buy the ones I wanted.

Shoot I will patronize them, I really don't give a hoot where the movie is from or who posted it. Just that my Wii console is having a hard time recognizing those movies.
Re: Youtube Cancels Top Nollywood Movie Channels. by LadyT(f): 12:54pm On Dec 30, 2010
There is nothing worng with uploading movies you can not buy anymore infact it is a good advert for Nollywood. The guy packmanliverpool/packmannTV always downloaded fantastic old school movies like Mama mi Leko Yemi my lover. You cant buy these anymore which is a shame because I would be the first to buy them.

As for the rubbish movies Nollywoodlover has uploaded they have no quality or class.
Re: Youtube Cancels Top Nollywood Movie Channels. by PTBNaija(f): 2:34pm On Dec 30, 2010
manny4life:

Shoot I will patronize them, I really don't give a hoot where the movie is from or who posted it. Just that my Wii console is having a hard time recognizing those movies.

Are your movies on VCD?

LadyT:

There is nothing worng with uploading movies you can not buy anymore infact it is a good advert for Nollywood. The guy packmanliverpool/packmannTV always downloaded fantastic old school movies like Mama mi Leko Yemi my lover. You cant buy these anymore which is a shame because I would be the first to buy them.

As for the rubbish movies Nollywoodlover has uploaded they have no quality or class.

I have to agree, his movies have really bad quality. But there aren't many Nigerian movie watching options out there sad
Re: Youtube Cancels Top Nollywood Movie Channels. by Nobody: 3:03pm On Dec 30, 2010
treylaw:

It was NollywoodLove aka Iroko Partners that had Youtube close down other channels, so i doubt people would wanna patronize his channel !

so do you actually believe people are gonna stop watching movies on youtube?! give us a break, people are only loyal to FREE MOVIE WATCHING. they will watch wherever there is free nollywood movies, in this case Nollywoodlove. who gives a damn who closed Koolchico's account?!
btw,even if people dont watch movies on Youtube, there are thousands of websites outthere where people can watch Nolly flick FOR FREE!

y'all want people to PAY for the movies so that Nollywood can get its act together, i say :"get your act together AND THEN we  will start paying". there was a time (a few yrs ago)  when everyone was paying for dvds and the movies released were still shiit, now people stop paying and decided to watch this garbage for free and you all are here trying to blame the demise of Nollywood on us, lol, nice try playa!
Re: Youtube Cancels Top Nollywood Movie Channels. by LadyT(f): 5:08pm On Dec 30, 2010
MRbrownJAY:

so do you actually believe people are gonna stop watching movies on youtube?! give us a break, people are only loyal to FREE MOVIE WATCHING. they will watch wherever there is free nollywood movies, in this case Nollywoodlove. who gives a damn who closed Koolchico's account?!
btw,even if people dont watch movies on Youtube, there are thousands of websites outthere where people can watch Nolly flick FOR FREE!

y'all want people to PAY for the movies so that Nollywood can get its act together, i say :"get your act together AND THEN we will start paying". there was a time (a few yrs ago) when everyone was paying for dvds and the movies released were still shiit, now people stop paying and decided to watch this garbage for free and you all are here trying to blame the demise of Nollywood on us, lol, nice try playa!

Are you nollywoodlove? you are getting too emotional
Re: Youtube Cancels Top Nollywood Movie Channels. by Nobody: 5:23pm On Dec 30, 2010
^^^^of course i am not but i know a good thing when i see one, trying to dismiss it is brainless.
well ALL know that youtube is one of the strongest online video player and the best (and probably ONLY one lol) at the moment for Nolly movies is Nollywoodlove.
whoever comes tomorrow and has hour long videos, i will be praising them. lets not try to shift the issue here.
Re: Youtube Cancels Top Nollywood Movie Channels. by LadyT(f): 6:09pm On Dec 30, 2010
His movies are crap.
Re: Youtube Cancels Top Nollywood Movie Channels. by pkasso(m): 6:58pm On Dec 30, 2010
Nollywood movies are CRAP!!!!
Re: Youtube Cancels Top Nollywood Movie Channels. by treylaw: 9:56pm On Dec 30, 2010
MRbrownJAY:

^^^^of course i am not but i know a good thing when i see one, trying to dismiss it is brainless.
well ALL know that youtube is one of the strongest online video player and the best (and probably ONLY one lol) at the moment for Nolly movies is Nollywoodlove.
whoever comes tomorrow and has hour long videos, i will be praising them. lets not try to shift the issue here.

LadyT:

Are you nollywoodlove? you are getting too emotional
Of course, he is! That's why he's getting all emotional about it! cheesy

@MRbrownjay aka Nollywoodlove aka Iroko Partners

FYI, in case you haven't heard, You're not the only one uploading Nollywood movies on youtube! 
So we WON'T patronize your channel cheesy grin kiss
Re: Youtube Cancels Top Nollywood Movie Channels. by GeorgeD1(m): 10:03pm On Dec 30, 2010
awoof dey run belle sometimes oooooo!
Re: Youtube Cancels Top Nollywood Movie Channels. by treylaw: 10:10pm On Dec 30, 2010
George_D:

awoof dey run belle sometimes oooooo!
Hmmm. . . You aint lie smiley
Re: Youtube Cancels Top Nollywood Movie Channels. by Nobody: 5:37am On Dec 31, 2010
lagbaja20:

Ofcourse.

But the producers would prefer that you and your people do not watch them.

Beasts of no origin!

Somebody got their ass kicked by Jamos, I see.
Listen, don't confuse us with your parents.  angry
And furthermore, they can "prefer" all they want to
should we decide not to purchase them, on the west
they would lose profit, not us. wink
Re: Youtube Cancels Top Nollywood Movie Channels. by lagbaja20: 5:41am On Dec 31, 2010
MzJamoGal:

Somebody got their backside kicked by Jamos, I see.
Listen, don't confuse us with your parents.  angry
And furthermore, they can "prefer" all they want to
should we decide not to purchase them, on the west
they would lose profit, not us. wink

And you think they see a dime of your 'whoring' money?

You desperately seek our attention, and we dont want you?

Just go away! very simple.

Trace your origin somewhere else. Go meet whites, arabs and what have you.

You son of slaves!
Re: Youtube Cancels Top Nollywood Movie Channels. by Nobody: 5:54am On Dec 31, 2010
lagbaja20 AKA DUNCE: And you think they see a dime of your 'whoring' money?

ME: And if they don't get a dime of my money, that is their problem, innit?

DUNCE: You desperately seek our attention, and we dont want you?

ME: Errrrm, no. Who is "our"? I don't know your punk hass from Adam and Eve,
furthermore the same can be said about Africans who seek friendship with us Jamaicans
but do we? no because we know better and are far mature when it comes to reaching out.

DUNCE: Just go away!  very simple.

ME: Killing yourself is just as simple wink

DUNCE: Trace your origin somewhere else. Go meet whites, arabs and what have you.

ME: You sound SOOOO r3tarded, lol. I am gonna let the others laugh @ this one.  grin

SERIOUS DUNCE: You son of slaves!

ME: Correction, DAUGHTER. Second "PROUD daughter of slaves"  wink, thank God for them!
btw your "pidgin" is a result of slavery and the perilous events of West/Central Africa (civil war/failed states)
are a result of slavery too, so keep it up.
Re: Youtube Cancels Top Nollywood Movie Channels. by lagbaja20: 6:09am On Dec 31, 2010
^^^
You look like a man to me

Again, Please, please go away!
Re: Youtube Cancels Top Nollywood Movie Channels. by GeorgeD1(m): 12:38pm On Dec 31, 2010
mzjamo,
peeps here are doubting your feminity. maybe you should own up!
Re: Youtube Cancels Top Nollywood Movie Channels. by Nobody: 12:54pm On Dec 31, 2010
hey if it makes you guys sleep better at night then go ahead and believe that i am related to Nollywoodlove or iroko partners. that wont change the fact at hand that they are the best at the moment on youtube.

i love Nike shoes, Mercedes Benz cars, Sony and Apple gear and would stand by any of  these brands anyday, maybe you guys should also believe that i own or am part of these companies too, bwaaaaah!
happy new year brothas and sistas!
Re: Youtube Cancels Top Nollywood Movie Channels. by Nobody: 3:22pm On Dec 31, 2010
lagbaja20:

^^^
You look like a man to me

Again, Please, please go away!

weak. just like your erections I am sure. Virgin. tongue
George_D:

mzjamo,
peeps here are doubting your feminity. maybe you should own up!

Ok homo. You and your boyfriend can continue with your business.
Re: Youtube Cancels Top Nollywood Movie Channels. by GeorgeD1(m): 6:35pm On Dec 31, 2010
hey mzjamo,
not so fast! at least give us something to work with! grin
Re: Youtube Cancels Top Nollywood Movie Channels. by dastudent(m): 11:44pm On Dec 31, 2010
Trying to remind myself wtf i am doing here.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nollywood Star, Jim Iyke, Talks Openly And Clears The Hiv Rumor / Genevieve Nnaji And Richard Mofe-damijo On POLO Luxury watch Advert / AMAA 2012 Nominees & Winners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.