Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,116 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:54 PM

Used Car Reviews For Nigeria - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Used Car Reviews For Nigeria (5458 Views)

Buying A Used Car? Read This First To Avoid Making The Mistakes I Made / Auto Reviews / A Food For Thought Before Buying Naija Used Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Used Car Reviews For Nigeria by Dahbutter(m): 3:37pm On Dec 28, 2010
Hi all, i don't know of any Nigerian website for reviewing the performance of used cars brought in as used in Nigeria or Tokunbo. This is to warn and help those intending to buy to be prepared for the likely problems they might encounter. Since Nigeria has no standard body regulating used car sales like other advanced countries lets have your contributions to help form our opinions in the decision making process of buying a car.
If you have had valuable experience driving any used brand of any car lets know the following in this format:

1[b]Model[/b]                       : Honda accord

2[b]Year of manufacture[/b] : 2002

3[b]Tokunbo/Naija used[/b] : Tokunbo

4[b]Mileage at purchase[/b] : 158,000

5[b]Year of purchase[/b]      : 2008 September

6[b]Manual or Auto[/b]         : Auto

7[b]Best features of car[/b]  : exquisite looking, good fuel and maintenance economy

8[b]Worst features of Car[/b]: Car uses a lot of oil when pushed too hard

9[b]Developed problem[/b] : The gear transmission developed a problem in june this year

10[b]Would you buy or advice
to buy  another Used of It[/b]: yes but probably with less milage

Overall score of the vehicle out of 10:      7/10

Thanks
Re: Used Car Reviews For Nigeria by kreamstaff: 4:00pm On Dec 28, 2010
1Model : Volkswagen passat

2Year of manufacture : 2001

3Tokunbo/Naija used : Tokunbo

4Mileage at purchase : 88,000

5Year of purchase : 2009 Feb

6Manual or Auto : Auto

7Best features of car : big and good looking car with great handling

8Worst features of Car: Has too many problems, a beautiful nightmare!!!

9Developed problem : Water pump failure, leading to timing-belt failure, various electrical faults,

10Would you buy or advice to buy a used 1: No, its a nightmare and mechanics joy

Overall score of the vehicle out of 10: 4.5/10
Re: Used Car Reviews For Nigeria by mhm(m): 10:06pm On Dec 28, 2010
1Model : BMW 3 Series

2Year of manufacture : 2003

3Tokunbo/Naija used : Nigerian Used

4Mileage at purchase : 80,000(KM)

5Year of purchase : 2007 August

7Best features of car : exquisite looking, had the wow factor, quite a strong and responsive engine

8Worst features of Car: Too numerous, loads of electric problems with no good mechanic around (i really searched), crappy interior that falls apart too easily, lack of spares (took 3 months to get some parts)

9Developed problem : Car started smoking, imagine

10Would you buy or advice
to buy another Used of It: no, except its a car you will drive on weekends, and as part of a large personal fleet
Re: Used Car Reviews For Nigeria by ocee87: 11:00am On Dec 30, 2010
Re: Used Car Reviews For Nigeria by carnal: 12:21pm On Dec 30, 2010
1Model : CRV

2Year of manufacture : 2006

3Tokunbo/Naija used : tokunbo

4Mileage at purchase : 32,000(KM)

5Year of purchase : 2007 August

7Best features of car : good looking, balance on the road, quite a strong and responsive engine

8Worst features of Car:cd loader

9Developed problem : None,no food for mechanic aside servicing.

10Would you buy or advice
to buy another Used of It: Yes, But mileage must be between 10-35000
Re: Used Car Reviews For Nigeria by ocee87: 4:30pm On Dec 30, 2010
Re: Used Car Reviews For Nigeria by femmy2010(m): 8:21pm On Dec 30, 2010
a very interesting thread
Re: Used Car Reviews For Nigeria by danadam(m): 8:59pm On Dec 30, 2010
1. Model: VW Golf

2. Year of manufacture: 1995/1996

3. Tokunbo or naija used: Tokunbo

4. Mileage at purchase: 160,000 km now at 190,000km

5. Year of purchase: october, 2009

6. manual or auto: AUTO

7. Best features of car: its a rugged car, strong body and a fast machine

8. Worst features: electrical issues, e.g. windows will all wind down if i open the car from the passenger side, the engine is very sensitive to water. i washed the engine once and it took four days to start the car.

9. Developed problem: i changed the shaft twice

10. Would you buy or advice to buy another used of it: yes, as far as one can withstand some minor electrical issues highlighted above.
Re: Used Car Reviews For Nigeria by kreamstaff: 12:48pm On Jan 01, 2011
Please does anyone have any bad or good experience with Audi and peugeot 406? b4 my friend wastes his money please share. thanks
Re: Used Car Reviews For Nigeria by Muza(m): 5:37pm On Mar 30, 2012
pls make una continue with this thread naw.
Re: Used Car Reviews For Nigeria by deda(m): 3:33pm On Mar 31, 2012
just read tru. i hope pple will continue wit it cos me i no get car but hoping to buy one soon.
Re: Used Car Reviews For Nigeria by rapheal201: 4:03pm On Mar 31, 2012
1. Model: Toyota Camry

2. Year of manufacture: 1999

3. Tokunbo or naija used: Nigeria Used

4. Mileage at purchase: 200,000 km now at 310,100km

5. Year of purchase: december, 2010

8. Worst features: Shock asholver and shaft

10. Would you buy or advice to buy another used of it: yes, it is a good car for rugged people lols grin grin
Re: Used Car Reviews For Nigeria by swiftycool(m): 12:26pm On Jun 23, 2012
1 Model                       : Honda accord

2[b]Year of manufacture[/b] : 2003

3[b]Tokunbo/Naija used[/b] : Tokunbo

4[b]Mileage at purchase[/b] : 177,000

5[b]Year of purchase[/b]      : march 2011

6[b]Manual or Auto[/b]         : Auto

7[b]Best features of car[/b]  : Good fuel economy nice and cool interior/exterior

8[b]Worst features of Car[/b]: Car seems quite low for rugged naija streets and not very good in waterlogged areas

9[b]Developed problem[/b] : not much besides the shocks which I replaced recently and temparature gauge and wipers which stopped working, though cheaply replaced

10[b]Would you buy or advice
to buy  another Used of It[/b]: yes, though I discovered older models seem to have been stronger. & less problematic especially buldog which my babe uses

[b]Overall score of the vehicle: 8.5

1 Like

Re: Used Car Reviews For Nigeria by vinmol: 4:11pm On Jun 26, 2012
[quote author=rapheal201]1. Model: VW GOLF

2. Year of manufacture: 1995/96

3. Tokunbo or naija used: TOKUNBOH

4. Mileage at purchase: 200,000 km now at 202,000km

5. Year of purchase: december, 2012

8. Worst features: NOTHING FOR NOW

9. Developed problem: i changed the HUB

10. Would you buy or advice to buy another used of it: yes, it is a good car.cheap to maintain and best fuel economy.
Re: Used Car Reviews For Nigeria by vinmol: 4:16pm On Jun 26, 2012
[/quote][code][/code][size=8pt][/size][b][/b][/font][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][color=#990000][/color][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][quote author=danadam]1. Model: VW Golf

2. Year of manufacture: 1995/1996

3. Tokunbo or naija used: Tokunbo

4. Mileage at purchase: 160,000 km now at 190,000km

5. Year of purchase: october, 2009

8. Worst features: electrical issues, e.g. windows will all wind down if i open the car from the passenger side, the engine is very sensitive to water. i washed the engine once and it took four days to start the car. (am yet to wash engine and i guess u use the auto windows, was advised to get then manual window winder...it not very convienent but saves u from electronic issues)

10. Would you buy or advice to buy another used of it: yes, as far as one can withstand some minor electrical issues highlighted above.
Re: Used Car Reviews For Nigeria by danadam(m): 8:38pm On Jun 26, 2012
1. Model: Mercedes Benz E 430

2. Year of manufacture: 2000

3. Tokunbo/Naija used: USED

4. Mileage at purchase: 240,000 KM presently at 261,000 KM

5. Year of purchase: 2011 November

6. Manual or Auto: Auto

7. Best features of car:
A very powerful machine (270 Horse power), well balanced even at 200 km/hr, mula very reliable onboard computer (multifunction display) that relays almost every fault/error.

8. Worst features of Car:
(1)With so much power..... the car is no doubt a fuel guzzler (2)The air conditioner's compressor is prone to failure.. i had to buy another compressor and it has been working perfectly (3) The front bumper (mine was repaired twice) is relatively low can be easily damaged with naija's poor road network.

9.Developed problem:
The rear driving shaft was replaced immediately after purchase, compressor changed, fan belt failed on a journey and was replaced the next day, idler pulley replaced.

10. Would you buy or advice to buy another Used of It:
YES, BUT if you are not a fast rider and a fan of german machines, then don't go near this car... there's no point spending money on fuel & other periodic maintenance and wasting so much power of the V8.

Overall score of the vehicle out of 10: 8/10

Re: Used Car Reviews For Nigeria by Hychineson(m): 9:46am On Jun 28, 2012
[quote author=vinmol][/quote] u purchased d car in December 2012? Make me understand because it seems others are in 2013 while am stil in 2012.
Re: Used Car Reviews For Nigeria by Dahbutter(m): 11:14am On Oct 05, 2012
danadam: 1. Model: Mercedes Benz E 430

2. Year of manufacture: 2000

3. Tokunbo/Naija used: USED

4. Mileage at purchase: 240,000 KM presently at 261,000 KM

5. Year of purchase: 2011 November

6. Manual or Auto: Auto

7. Best features of car:
A very powerful machine (270 Horse power), well balanced even at 200 km/hr, mula very reliable onboard computer (multifunction display) that relays almost every fault/error.

8. Worst features of Car:
(1)With so much power..... the car is no doubt a fuel guzzler (2)The air conditioner's compressor is prone to failure.. i had to buy another compressor and it has been working perfectly (3) The front bumper (mine was repaired twice) is relatively low can be easily damaged with naija's poor road network.

9.Developed problem:
The rear driving shaft was replaced immediately after purchase, compressor changed, fan belt failed on a journey and was replaced the next day, idler pulley replaced.

10. Would you buy or advice to buy another Used of It:
YES, BUT if you are not a fast rider and a fan of german machines, then don't go near this car... there's no point spending money on fuel & other periodic maintenance and wasting so much power of the V8.

Overall score of the vehicle out of 10: 8/10

Hmmm sweet vehicle u got there, BenZ na big man car imo, might cost not much to buy, but maintenance na winn.

Guys pls post more pics to make this colourful, lively n fun thanks

1 Like

Re: Used Car Reviews For Nigeria by Drgreatone: 10:23pm On Sep 02, 2014
Bring this thread back to life oooooo

1 Like

Re: Used Car Reviews For Nigeria by deathwing(m): 6:50pm On Jun 16, 2015
This thread could be useful

2 Likes

Re: Used Car Reviews For Nigeria by YoungHustler: 7:02pm On Jun 17, 2015
More reviews please

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Robbery At The Seme - Cotonou Boarder / If You Have Ever Taken Your Car To Car45 To Be Sold, Share / Engine Oil And Atf Dilemma SOS Call

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.