Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,872 members, 7,802,808 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:07 PM

My Laptop Is Dead - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / My Laptop Is Dead (1604 Views)

Can I Use My Mtn Bis To Browse On My Laptop? Is It Possible Folks? / Help!the Sound From My Laptop Is Distorted. / How To Use The Sim Card Slot On My Laptop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Laptop Is Dead by hocine: 9:38pm On Jan 24, 2006
My laptop compaq preasrio 1200 system is dead
I've done this:
1) I Plug the laptop into an electrical port using the AC adaptor and the powers LED light works, but not the Power LED battery. Nothing happens.
The Laptop system is dead
2) I remove the battery and connect the AC adapter to the laptop and connect to a power outlet. Only the power LED light works.
ItTry to turn on the laptop, but nothing happens
3) IReinsert the battery while the laptop is powered on
Alll the above fails, the laptop is dead.

Who can help me with a good advise to repair may laptop ?
Kind regards
Re: My Laptop Is Dead by dagaro(m): 5:54pm On Jan 25, 2006
First I will advice you to try using another AC power adaptor, If it didn't work then try ur hard disk on another system.
Goodluck.
Re: My Laptop Is Dead by virozuru(f): 8:17pm On Jan 25, 2006
Re: My Laptop Is Dead by Cactus(m): 7:04pm On Jan 30, 2006
did u spill any liquid on the computer or keyboard
Re: My Laptop Is Dead by AngelBabyl(f): 5:34am On Jan 31, 2006
Well the same thing happened to me before.Did you check the area where you plug the Ac adapter in?You know the little hole thing?Mine broke off and I had to get it replaced by a professional.I don't think that helped much but it's a possibility.
Re: My Laptop Is Dead by virozuru(f): 5:51am On Jan 31, 2006
Re: My Laptop Is Dead by dejiolowe: 8:02am On Jan 31, 2006
if ur waranty is gone. then buy another one. if possible, get an international warranty. i once lost one nx9500 bought in the states coz my warranty wasnt valid in naija. now am down to using my wife's laptop. sad!
Re: My Laptop Is Dead by Typewriter(m): 10:50am On Jan 31, 2006
oh my Gawd! sorry cry cryoh! that laptop use to be my father's laptop age mate undecided

But how Old is this your Laptop self? at least 5years, ah oti try now, abi o fe ko duro de omo tun bo

may its soul rest in imperfect pieces( that's if thou decide to sell it part by part) cool

so when is the laptop Funeral taking place?

make sure there is shine shine bobo (star Lager Beer) boy!

so that after the event we will pray for Pentium (M) or centino abi na (cele- run) sha e go get am
Re: My Laptop Is Dead by Chxta(m): 2:36pm On Jan 31, 2006
Your laptop is dead, bury it.
Re: My Laptop Is Dead by dejiolowe: 2:51pm On Jan 31, 2006
Chxta:

Your laptop is dead, bury it.
good one! call ayefele for the burial...
Re: My Laptop Is Dead by mikebuddy(m): 3:23pm On Jan 31, 2006
Hahahahahahah,
it's dead o boi,those people in ALABA will not die of hunger....go and buy a new one.
Re: My Laptop Is Dead by luridguy(m): 8:40pm On Jan 31, 2006
i really dont know possibly nepa has done u bad maybe a power surge or something u have to let a pro trake a look at it cant really give any solid advice tongue
Re: My Laptop Is Dead by Typewriter(m): 9:14pm On Feb 01, 2006
look man don go spending money with any pro is like keeping the dead in the morgue praying for miracle, and often it fails just call NL for the funeral, me na star i dey drinki
Re: My Laptop Is Dead by mikebuddy(m): 2:36pm On Feb 02, 2006
Hahaha go and buy a new one!
Re: My Laptop Is Dead by Typewriter(m): 8:05pm On Feb 02, 2006
have u bought the star beer fo me and other free drinker in NL?
Re: My Laptop Is Dead by mikebuddy(m): 3:36pm On Feb 03, 2006
Posted by: Typewriter
Insert Quote
have u bought the star beer fo me and other free drinker in NL?
You were talking to...?
Re: My Laptop Is Dead by Typewriter(m): 6:42pm On Feb 03, 2006
to u and others whose laptop kaput(died)
we need to carry out the funeral for the dead laptops
so that they rest in pieces(that's if their owners know how to sell the vital parts

cos if people die we say rest in peace -which is wrong word in some case
put rest in pieces may be right. cos some have their functional organs removed e.g Lungs, kidney, liver etc so it parts of them that are truly dead. finito!

words words you may say!
Re: My Laptop Is Dead by mikebuddy(m): 2:41pm On Feb 06, 2006
Posted by: Typewriter
Insert Quote
to u and others whose laptop kaput(died)
we need to carry out the funeral for the dead laptops
so that they rest in pieces(that's if their owners know how to sell the vital parts

because if people die we say rest in peace -which is wrong word in some case
put rest in pieces may be right. because some have their functional organs removed e.g Lungs, kidney, liver etc so it parts of them that are truly dead. finito!

words words you may say!
My laptop is not dead!.
Re: My Laptop Is Dead by Typewriter(m): 10:56pm On Feb 06, 2006
then join us to bury and grive with those whose laptops are dead in NL
dress codes:
men= white shirts and blue jeans
women= black suits or black jeans and yellow tops

food: my wife snazzy will lead others in cooking super indomie
drinks: star(shine shine bo bo)@ 6bootles per member.
rules stands and no carry or take away
Re: My Laptop Is Dead by dejiolowe: 12:03pm On Feb 07, 2006
just saw the obituary on CNN. heard the laptop was survived by many flash disks, CDs, network cables bla bla bla
Re: My Laptop Is Dead by mikebuddy(m): 12:56pm On Feb 07, 2006
Posted by: dejiolowe
Insert Quote
just saw the obituary on CNN. heard the laptop was survived by many flash disks, CDs, network cables bla bla bla
Hahaha.
Me too i saw it on BBC but there they said that it is been survived by Many Rats and cockroaches that caused the major damage.
Re: My Laptop Is Dead by AngelBabyl(f): 9:07pm On Mar 23, 2006
Okay,bad luck for me about an hour after I made that reply before.My laptop is dead too now,do what I did.Ask your parents to buy you a new one, then do what Chxta said, bury it.My little sister and I literally:broke it into two pieces(screen and keyboard)tried to catch it on fire but parents caught us then put it in a box and write on a piece of paper "Here lies my dead laptop,Goodbye Lapis (I named my computer when I was 10-gimme a break)then put it in the ground, Sorry for being so childish just now but I'm just telling you what I did.Now I have a brand new Laptop (Lapis Jr.-I"m only 13 gimme another break)which costed about $3500 and oh yeah, THANKS CHXTA!!
Re: My Laptop Is Dead by dablessed(f): 12:07am On Mar 25, 2006
You guys sent hocine away with your hilarious posts.

Hocine, hope u were able to fix your laptop??
Re: My Laptop Is Dead by otokx(m): 2:36pm On Mar 25, 2006
but if the laptop is dead then he should throw it away.
Re: My Laptop Is Dead by JosBoy4Lif(m): 2:42am On Mar 26, 2006
maybe he should try and recessitate it back to life cheesy cheesy
Re: My Laptop Is Dead by Ynot(m): 5:31am On Mar 26, 2006
With what?? PCCillian?? cheesy cheesy
Re: My Laptop Is Dead by otegah(m): 8:24pm On Mar 26, 2006
Why not lay hands on it, may be your anointing will brake it.
Re: My Laptop Is Dead by JosBoy4Lif(m): 10:32pm On Mar 26, 2006
lol otegah na funny chappy
Re: My Laptop Is Dead by kansu: 12:47am On Jun 04, 2010
log on with Kennect Solutions kennect_solutions@yahoo.com, log on your messenger and we will do a step by step analysis , online support and troobleshooting,

(1) (Reply)

How To Watch Dstv On Your Phone And Laptop / Help! Macbook Won't Power On / ***** Amd Graphics Card For Sale ****

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.